November 25, 2014 | 1756 users online

Other - Baking Soda

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 3:55:00 AM More reviews by arcybarrios

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used baking soda for a very long time as a general body and face exfoliater (off and on) and I love it! I have never had any issues with it. I also use Lemon juice and sugar for the hands and sugar and baby or olive oil for the body. All of these with great results ( I would say maybe even better than the store bought products).

Aside from using the baking soda as a scrub I also clean with it (great toilet cleaner when used with white vinegar) and use it to relax my muscles by pouring some of it into my bathtub.

A must have in my house (fridge, pantry and bathroom)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by mnw28

BEST EXFOLIATER EVER! I read in a magazine that Queen Latifah and Brooklyn Decker both use baking soda mixed with water or facial cleanser to exfoliate their face. Tried it and OH MY LORD! I was so pleased with the results. Baby smooth. I have used Philosophy Microderma Peel and the results were not as good. Plus who can beat the price??? I mean a box of baking soda is like $1 and it lasts forever. This stuff is so much better than any of the Apricot Scrubs or other store bought scrubs. A very fine texture and leaves your face fresh and smooth. Best home remedy ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by danielleashleyb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

WOW! This really helps to exfloliate your problem areas. I find it helps with oily skin issues as well! I mix water and baking soda to make an effective scrub. Thumbs up.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2010 1:29:00 PM More reviews by missesB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Works great as an exfoliator. I mix it with my cleanser (L'oreal go 360 cleanser for sensitive skin) everyday. Gentle yet effective. Only bummer is I keep the box in a plastic ziploc in my shower and the box still gets soggy which in turn makes the bs clumpy. Maybe I will go out and get a plastic bottle to transfer the contents of the box to so it doesnt get wet or soggy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 11:11:00 AM More reviews by frostythesnowman81

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros:
All natural
Effective

Cons:
Messy

Bottom line: I would recommend this. It was too abrasive for my sensitive skin the first time I used it, but I learned putting more water helps. I think I will start using this as I would a cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by aastew

Ok, I ran out of my Caudalie face scrub. Very expensive stuff but I have been using it forever and loved it. I found myself on a tighter budget and decided to try baking soda as a scrub. My conclusion: IT IS WONDERFUL!! I used it the first time w/ just water but it was a little hard to rinse off. So, you need to use it with your face soap/wash. Mix the soda a wash together and then scrub and your skin looks absolutely beautiful. I have to admit I was skeptical. I lOOOOOOve skin care products. But this one is a keeper. An A+ in my book

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For the face, it works okay. I've used better stuff. I used it on my hair and it was too drying, leaving it straw-like and tangled. My hair also fell out in chunks. I stopped using it on my teeth as well, for I was told that it's a bit too abrasive and that it wears down the enamel. I also found it ineffective as a deodorant. Too harsh for my pits. I ended up with bright red raw and itchy skin that then turned a crusty brown, yeah, it all sounds so gross and it looked as gross(BUT, mixed with aloe vera/cornstarch baby powder, it works, AFTER I apply my homemade lemon-witch hazel-Sea Breeze deo spray)! LOVE it for cleaning up my stove, though! Gets EVERYTHING! EVERYTHING!Update:I also mix a bit of baking soda with cornstarch as a face powder and so far, this has been the ONLY thing to keep my makeup from melting! No problems using this. Now I don't have to mop up my greasy face every hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2010 5:57:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

what a wonderful thing! I had no idea to use Baking Soda, until I read the reviews on MUA. I can't find a gentle exfolitator that doesn't require alot of patience, effort and risk. I do like La Roche Posay's Gommage but...it takes FOREVER to get it off your skin, and it's not as effective as I'd like. I have been using Baking Soda, and I have to say, it's been good so far. I even use it with my Clarisonic once a week...nothing bad has happened yet. I think we have a weiner :D

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 7:50:00 AM More reviews by tealeafdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is now the only scrub that I will use on my face, it is def. HG material. I was really uncertain how my super sensitive skin would react, but as long as I'm gentle when massaging it on my skin, I haven't had a bad reaction so far.
I use it every other day and the main reason I love it so much is that on top of making my skin glowy and the pores more refined, I have found that it helps to heal my breakouts in record time too! I have also found that when I use it in the evening, when I wake up in the morning my skin is so much less oily, which is a big bonus.
I will continue using this, for as long as I see these great results, overall very happy and thankful to MUA for suggesting this.
UPDATE: still using this 4 years later! But as my skin is a little drier and more sensitive these days, I only use it a few time a week and it works so well on my blackheads and flaky patches.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by coolcardboard

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Once a week, I love to mix a bit of baking soda into my regular shampoo. It works as an awesome clarifier that gets rid of all the gunk and buildup from hairsprays, hair gels, and any other hair product. It also makes your hair REALLY shiny, smooth, soft, and manageable.

You can either use the soda in your regular shampoo and just rinse it out, or you can make a deep conditioner: just mix the soda with your regular conditioner, lather it all over your hair, and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Then rinse, and your hair will feel amazing! Make sure you rinse REALLY well, and once your hair dries, brush it thoroughly to make sure all the baking soda is out.

Seriously, for a few bucks, a box of baking soda is SO worth it. All-natural, really easy, not messy, and excellent as a hair treatment!