November 26, 2014 | 1733 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2009 12:53:00 AM More reviews by LuthienTinuviel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After 30 years of wearing mascara I've truly found my HG in this! I have very long yet fine, thin lashes and am more in need of volume without any annoying clumps. This does exactly that! Gives amazing volume with nary a clump and even lasts all day on my underlashes without ever a smudge. I especially adore the brush --- not too big yet not too small. Perfect size for smoothly & evenly applying the gel-like product and perfectly distributing on my lashes. Bought this back in June 09 and with daily wear still have plenty left in the tube w/o any unwanted thickening. Will repurchase without a second thought to it's somewhat exorbitant price. It's that worth it!

UPDATE (Feb. 2010): Yes, I love this mascara so much that I again shelled out the $27 for it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by gracie114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this mascara. It makes my lashes look pretty dramatic, but I do think the formula weighs them down. I love the packaging and the brush though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2009 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Rivoli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had the unusual experience of using this mascara as I was experimenting with Latisse, which is a prescription product that grows lashes. Thus, I've had the chance to use Iconic with both skimpy AND long lush lashes! '

For me, Iconic had pretty good staying power throughout the day, even in extreme heat. No smudging or flaking. Two thumbs up for staying power. Unusual brush with a comb components that's easy to use and gives a clean look to the lashes (no spider legs here!)

The results are probably no surprise. I found that when my lashes were shorter and sparser, I had to pile on the Iconic to get the dramatic lashes I wanted. Dior Show will give you a much plushier, larger lash with fewer coats. Chanel Inimitable and YSL Faux Cils will give a more dramatic effect with less work than Iconic too. Overall, Iconic gives a clean, not dramatic look. Not a lot of va-va-voom in this formula.

As the Lastisse worked its magic, I found myself loving Iconic more and more. The unusual comb/brush gave me clean separation. Plenty of curl. One coat to wonderfulness. Worked like a dream.

Bottom line--if you have short, skimpy lashes, go with Dior Show, Chanel or YSL Faux Cils. If you have long, lush lashes, you'll love Iconic.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by AlexMD

Although I hated the Dior Show Mascara as the brush was far too big and left dots on my eyelid, this is a vast improvement. The wand is easy to use and makes my long fine eyelashes even longer, with great definition and curl. Altrhough it's pricey it's definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2009 6:18:00 PM More reviews by babyvamp6

i love this mascara! yes its pricey but probably worth it in my opinion.
i bought this when i went to new york and the lady in macys who worked at the dior counter gave me a make over and i felt inclined to buy something so i bought the iconic and LOVE IT! it seperates and lengthens my lashes so well! i try to save it for special occasions or just weekends as it is pricey but i love it so much! definetly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2009 2:59:00 AM More reviews by cullenette

After going through tubes and tubes of mascara I have finally found my HG in DiorShow Iconic! This product is ridiculously versatile, from dramatic with multiple coats to soft and defined with one. This mascara does not clump, no matter how many coats you pile on. It holds my curl all day, something few mascaras have been able to do in the past. It stays on all day (and night of you forget to wash your face) without any smudging or flaking and yet is still easy to remove. The only thing I dislike about Iconic is the pricetag.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2009 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Veedebee

It's not often I repurchase the same brand of mascara, generally by the end of the bottle (or before) my eyes start to react to it or it's so dried out and ikky that I have started to hate it!
This mascara does not make my eyes itch, even though I'm onto my second one and it stayed good right to the very end - no dried out gloopy bits sticking to the wand or clumping my lashes together.
I prefer my mascara to define individual lashes rather than stick them together to give the illusion of fullness and this keeps lashes seperated with no sticky feeling at all. It's easy to reapply 2nd or 3rd coats if you want a really dramatic look which is something I often struggle with, but having said that I get a really outstanding look with long curled full looking lashes after just one coat.
I have this mascara in black and brown. For those of you who are fair and have blonde eyelashes and prefer a natural look to go out when you aren't wearing much other makeup then the brown works really well.
This mascara withstands weeping at the end of movies or rubbing your eyes when you've forgotten you have make-up on. If you sleep in it you won't wake with panda eyes, but it removes really easily with a facial wipe or cleanser.
It has a nice large brush that doesn't get gloopy and gets the job done without having to faff about with gimmicky curly wurly short thin wands that seem to be all the rage at the moment.
If you think it's a bit pricey for everyday use then it will last well being used as a special occasion mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2009 8:56:00 PM More reviews by ouqtinvu

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have thin somewhat sparse pale lashes. I'm very fair with dark brown hair. I have tried every mascara from drugstore (have stopped wasting my money there) to Chanel (a 2nd favorite as they have agreat waterproof mascara). I have tried the regular Diorshow and just wasn't that impressed - and it seemed to dry out so quickly. So I tried Iconic and I am thrilled. I get a lot of compliments when I wear it - and if I take the time to use 3 coats I'm asked if I'm wearing false eyelashes! Miracle for me and it's very water resistant - my eyes tear - so that's why I was using waterproof only mascaras - but I must say I haven't had any problems with this one. I was a big fan of wearing mascara base to pump up my volume but with Iconic I don't need it. I'm on my 2nd tube - I don't plan to be without it! Makes my sickly little lashes look healthy and dramatic so I'm a very happy camper - worth every cent considering the amount of money I've wasted through the years on other brands that just never lived up to their hype. This one does.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 5:42:00 PM More reviews by morphinization

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is seriously my favorite mascara. I don't use it with an eyelash curler (mine sucks and I can't find a shu uemura curler anywhere) and I like brushing my lashes to the outside instead of up with this mascara, it makes my eyes pop.

It gives great length and volume, especially if you use about three coats. It also isn't waterproof yet it lasts very long and keeps its hold/shape/for and doesn't clump/smudge, unlike many other mascaras. It was about 28 dollars here but this mascara is seriously work the price. I get tons of compliments on my lashes while wearing this! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 2:53:00 AM More reviews by Jaysta1985

This is a Mascara I purchased recently, its a good Mascara and does a good job lengthening my eye lash + curls it, but it does lack volume. The texture is good and not too cloggy .. but I can only give it 3 lippies because it was disappointing for a Dior product. I wont be purchasing this again after I finish ...