Dior Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

Aqua (water), Paraffin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolmer, Ploybutene, Bis-Diglyceryl, Polyacyladipate-2, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, C18-26 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Acacia Senegal (Acacia Senegal Gum), Silica, Hydroxyethyl- cellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycerol, Tetrasodium Eda, Sodium Laureth -12 Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Sodium Polyacrylate, Sericin, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben ( /- : CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens)).

on 9/27/2009 4:08:00 PM

great mascara i have long thin lashes
made my lashes reaaaallly long but no thickness even with 3 coats the inly look darker everytime i add a coat

will be a greatbuy if u have short thick lashes ,,,

for a dramatic look use diorshow under and top it with iconic dior before it dries

amazing results :)

on 9/26/2009 4:03:00 AM

HUGE disappointment!

I really expected to love this mascara!

When applied on my freshly-curled lashes, it straightens them in seconds. Not kidding, before it has dried my lashes are completely straight!

Oh and I tried re-curling after mascara - big mistake. Horrible, horrible, sticky spider legs. BAD.

Also, very difficult to apply. I mean, I learned to wiggle the wand at the base of my lashes and then just go over the ends very lightly, otherwise my lashes are horribly clumpy. It makes my lashes stick together.

Good things: Does NOT crumble, flake or smudge. So, no panda eyes or smudges on my heavy upper lid area. Very dramatic black color. Stays on until I take it off.

"High definition" -absolutely NOT!
"Lash curler" - WHAT A JOKE!!

3 lippies for the intense black color and not flaking, smudging etc.

But, needless to say, I will NOT re-purchase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Based on all the fabulous reviews here I decided to try this mascara. Wearing it I enjoyed the color and the thickness of my eyelashes, but I dreaded removing it (unless a nice eye makeup remover is your best friend you won't either) and I more often than not felt it's tiny particals irritating my eyes. So I ended up using it less and less often and replacing it before it's time.

on 9/11/2009 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a GREAT mascara. It gives you beautiful doe like lashes if you curl them well. It's buildable if you don't wait until the first coat is dry & if work it enough you can get the false lash effect look which is stunning for a night out. So its a little clumpy if you don't apply it properly but if you practise with it and use if correctly its a breeze. It's really expensive but I recieved it as a gift. I'm still searching for my HG mascara, but this is certainly up there. If it wasn't for the 'large' price-tag I'd repurchase in a second!

x

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm obsessed with long, thick, Bambi eyelashes and really wanted to love this product, but, sadly, I don't even like it. It takes too much effort to apply on, it clumps the lashes together like crazy, straightens your curl and it's dirt expensive. It does add some length and can curl the lashes to some extend, if you press the wand against them until almost completely dry, but that's just too much fuss for my liking. Also, the wand is huge, so the application is very messy and you literally get the mascara all over your eyelid area. The bristles are too soft and bendy for my liking and I think it only contributes to the clumpiness of the product - forget thick, voluminous, fanned out lashes - you'll get like 6 spider legs. A great fail, Dior. And it is a nightmare to take off, too. Recently I found out, that the consistency got better after mixing in a few eye drops, but hate it anyway. I swear even Great Lash by Maybelline gave me better results than this baby. At least the packaging is lovely. But you don't buy a mascara because of a nice package.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

After 30 years of wearing mascara I've truly found my HG in this! I have very long yet fine, thin lashes and am more in need of volume without any annoying clumps. This does exactly that! Gives amazing volume with nary a clump and even lasts all day on my underlashes without ever a smudge. I especially adore the brush --- not too big yet not too small. Perfect size for smoothly & evenly applying the gel-like product and perfectly distributing on my lashes. Bought this back in June 09 and with daily wear still have plenty left in the tube w/o any unwanted thickening. Will repurchase without a second thought to it's somewhat exorbitant price. It's that worth it!

UPDATE (Feb. 2010): Yes, I love this mascara so much that I again shelled out the $27 for it.

on 9/3/2009 8:32:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really like this mascara. It makes my lashes look pretty dramatic, but I do think the formula weighs them down. I love the packaging and the brush though.

on 8/30/2009 12:42:00 AM

I had the unusual experience of using this mascara as I was experimenting with Latisse, which is a prescription product that grows lashes. Thus, I've had the chance to use Iconic with both skimpy AND long lush lashes! '

For me, Iconic had pretty good staying power throughout the day, even in extreme heat. No smudging or flaking. Two thumbs up for staying power. Unusual brush with a comb components that's easy to use and gives a clean look to the lashes (no spider legs here!)

The results are probably no surprise. I found that when my lashes were shorter and sparser, I had to pile on the Iconic to get the dramatic lashes I wanted. Dior Show will give you a much plushier, larger lash with fewer coats. Chanel Inimitable and YSL Faux Cils will give a more dramatic effect with less work than Iconic too. Overall, Iconic gives a clean, not dramatic look. Not a lot of va-va-voom in this formula.

As the Lastisse worked its magic, I found myself loving Iconic more and more. The unusual comb/brush gave me clean separation. Plenty of curl. One coat to wonderfulness. Worked like a dream.

Bottom line--if you have short, skimpy lashes, go with Dior Show, Chanel or YSL Faux Cils. If you have long, lush lashes, you'll love Iconic.

on 8/27/2009 10:06:00 AM

Although I hated the Dior Show Mascara as the brush was far too big and left dots on my eyelid, this is a vast improvement. The wand is easy to use and makes my long fine eyelashes even longer, with great definition and curl. Altrhough it's pricey it's definitely worth it.

on 8/25/2009 6:18:00 PM

i love this mascara! yes its pricey but probably worth it in my opinion.
i bought this when i went to new york and the lady in macys who worked at the dior counter gave me a make over and i felt inclined to buy something so i bought the iconic and LOVE IT! it seperates and lengthens my lashes so well! i try to save it for special occasions or just weekends as it is pricey but i love it so much! definetly recommend it!

Popular Mascaras