August 1, 2014 | 1864 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by laurencordina

Just awful. I have horrible skin with a lot of hyper pigmentation and I was looking for something that would cover my stubborn acne marks that didn't wear off or melt off my face. The girls at Sephora raved about this product for coverage and combination skin types. Wow, all I can say is how wrong they were. This foundation is just terrible. It melted off my face in about 3 hours. I could actually feel how heavy and cakey it is on my face. That's a red flag if I could actually feel that I'm wearing makeup. I'll never buy this again. Waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by tamineseoud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good foundation, it has a good coverage and I like that it comes with a pump. I have it in 115 and 117 (I'm MAC N15) and both shades matches my skin. Whenever I use this foundation someone say I look great! The only down side for me it's the staying power, after a few hours it starts to fade away and because of that I won't repurchase it! I have oily skin and I apply primer before and powder after, so I think this foundation it's better for normal/dry skin. I have acne-prone skin and it doesn't break me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Erikahasani

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like the foundation, I have combination skin and it suits me well, but I dont believe it works on dry skin, so If you have dry skin, i do not recommend this product. I got the 120 shade, which in the store seemed a bit yellow for my skin, since i have pink undertones, but when i tried it on, it really did blend in and got rid of the excess redness, so if you have pink/beige skin tone, the 120 will suit you more than the other pink tones. Overall, i like the packaging, the quality, even though a bit expensive and not as great as I was expecting it to be, but I will definitely purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I apply it with a buffing brush (eg. Sephora 56, Real Techniques Expert Brush) or, newly, with a beauty blender. It is nicely pigmented and gives a medium to full coverage. By using a beauty blender I noticed i get a nicer coverage; the damp sponge makes the foundation blend seamlessly, but I feel like I need more pumps than I would need by using a dry brush. The foundation last pretty long: I get more than 8 hrs of wear time, but be aware you'll have to blot a lot. I have oily/combination skin, so after 2 hrs of wear you can notice the undesirable shine. You should blot every 2-4 hrs, which is kind of disappointing. Who wants to go to the restroom every now and then to blot? But, on the good side, the foundation photographs very nice. I've spend lot of time in the outdoors hiking wearing this foundation and taking pictures, and my skin on those pictures looks like my skin but better.

OVERALL
I like the foundation, but wish it had better oil absorbing properties. It photographs really well, has a great pigmentation and color range and the wearing time is pretty decent, though it transfers (my phone gets dirty every time) and you have to blot often.

If you ran out or lost this product would you buy it again? I'm not sure. It's not the perfect foundation for me, but not a bad one either. I put yes, but that isn't a strong "yes". I'm still on the hunt to find a foundation for the MSBB effect.

EDIT:
It survived whole day (10 am up to 9 pm)! I was at Universal Studios and for those who know how the Jurassic Park ride looks like, the foundation stayed put pretty good: after blotting with a lot of tissues! The foundation didn't look perfect, but I wasn't looking funny either! Every other fnd would have slipped off. Two thumbs up! I'm very impressed!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by alexandrascar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this foundation a lot. Not my HG but I did like it and ended up using it all. I loved the coverage and finish of it because it left my skin flawless. However, I noticed that it didn't last very long on my skin (even with primer and setting with powder AND with setting spray). It would at most last 4-5 hours before it started to fade on me. If it was more long wearing, I would definitely repurchase because the color match was great (huge color selection).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Michelleballet

I have dry skin, so this foundation was too heavy. The finish was a little cakey. I also found that when applying it, you need to work fast because the foundation dries quickly. Overall, the coverage was nice and I actually can tell a difference when I take photos. The finish was more matte then anything

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Katelove4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love love this! Looks so good with pro-finish powder to set it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by isseymiyake

Oily skin, NC25-30. Shade 140 in HD. I like the finish and lightness of HD foundation, yet was disappointed that it does not hold oil at all and melts down quickly on my skin. So i have been mixing it with double wear foundation by EL, a long lasting oil control foundation whose finish is too heavy for my taste . When the two are mixed together, they balance each other very well. I adjust the proportions of each foundation to create the desirable level of coverage /oli control depending on my skin condition. SO far so good. But i guess i will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by melisca

I needed a foundation that especially appears well on camera (as I was disappointed how my Yves Saint Laurent Perfect Touch appeared on pictures) and the shop assistant in Sephora recommended to me this one. Finding the right shade was quite difficult however and in a way not that successful which is the main reason I am giving it 4. Otherwise this foundation gives my skin a tender satin finish and very well glides with my natural skin tone although making it slightly lighter (I considered 135 to be the best match for me). Besides this on the pictures I took later the product was also pretty unnoticeable. So in a way I am pretty much satisfied with my choice although II wish it was slightly cheaper and there was a better shade collection. I am not quite sure whether I will buy it again or not, let me first see how it matches my skin after the summer.

An update ... I bought another one for the winter - 118. A perfect match for me because I can sparingly apply it on my face, even leave my cheek area untouched and it is completely invisible. Furhter, on pictures no matter the lights there is no difference between my face and neck! So I am increasing my rating! Just to mention that it stays pretty long on my face and is not cakey, not that I use too much from the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by soledad15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is really great foundation and have good smell also great coverage. however, i couldn't find a perfect shade for my skin tone i end up buying shade 153 although i wished it could be bit lighter , still one of the best product i used