November 28, 2014 | 1450 users online

Powder - Clinique - Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by HazelStone

I bought this prodcut because I was looking for a foundation that would give me good coverage (because of my breakouts) and is also very light. The color matched my skin perfectly but it didnt give me the coverage i needed. It didnt give me much coverage...actually HARDLY ANY COVERAGE.Not only did it not give me coverage it also wore of easily and gave me more breakouts.
I wouldn't reccomend this product to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by karamino

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried today a sample in the 04 neutral shade (I have medium skin tone)and it looked like I had nothing on my skin, it didnt cover the shine nor the uneven tone on my skin, I was disappointed when I saw the result, so good that it was just a sample (actually I did use 2 wanting to build up coverage but without success).

UPDATE; Well, I have given it another try but this time with my MAC 109 and the result is much better but somehow Im not really conviced about it..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2009 6:55:00 AM More reviews by soleil_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Alright, this is in the Pole Position to become my new HG Foundation. The MAC SFF I used to have is neat but doesn't take on my oil too well. I have sensitive combination skin and a really oily t-zone, so by early afternoon it usually starts to look flakey. Hence I now went back to Clinique. Their powders don't keep me matte all day either, but usually stay put at least. I wanted to try the Almost Make up ever since it got out, like, two years ago so on friday I finally gave in and got a compact. First things first: This is available in really light shades, which is fairly new and definitely an improvement. I'm an NC15 girl, to speak in MAC terms, and usually there's nothing light enough for me. I bought the Almost Make up in "Fair 01" and it's an exact match! Wonderful. For us European people it comes at a hefty price: 30 , which is a bummer. But anyway, who cares as long as it's for the perfect foundation. The Almost Make up doesn't deliver full coverage like MAC's SFF but it is buildable to an extent without ever looking cakey or unnatural. Infact, its powdery finish is the best trait about this: It leaves behind a poreless and airbrushed finish - simply flawless skin. Wow! After testing so many different foundations, I thought I had seen it all. It also provides a beautiful, radiant, healthy glow and doesn't look dull or dead at all. It can be used instead of a concealer selectively as well, like when you want to cover up spots and such. The skin feels soft and smooth to the touch. I applied this using a Kabuki brush, btw, I'm not so sure if I would try this with a normal powder brush or the included one that comes with the compact. I do feel it needs to be 'worked into' the skin like mineral foundation usually does. This is based on minerals, afterall (75% according to Clinique), but it's not nearly as messy as applying loose mineral foundation. God bless pressed powders!
Anyway, I didn't get shiny until afternoon and it doesn't become flakey at all. So I guess we have a winner, eventually. Of course I can't say anything about long term use right now, but I'll update about that. For now I am perfectly happy with this little gem, since it makes my skin look fabulous, is the right colour, comes with SPF(!!) and has better lasting power than MAC. Hooray! Will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by graciegurl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good powder--it was my first mineral makeup, and I got it when it first came out, apparently. Anyway, I thought that powder would kill my dry skin and look cakey, but this looked really nice and natural, and gave me that no-makeup-yet-flawless-skin look.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2009 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Trikkinikki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this powder in shade 04 neutral which is a perfect match for my NC35 skin (give or take depending on the season and formula of the product). It has plenty of yellow undertone, thats why its perfect for anybody with a warm skintone. I think it would be suitable for anybody between NC30 - NC37..maybe even 40..the formula of the product is really forgiving, i feel like the powder kinda just adjust to the skintone. its not heavy nor powdery looking.. it just gives a flawless, smooth finish. perfect for those days where you on a run and just wanna dab a little powder on. I haven't experienced any irritations either. I give it a 5! =)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by farnazne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I really like this foundation. It's not cakey and heavy on my skin and I got my perfect match which is 04 Neutral.
It lasts long but my t zone becomes oily couple hours after I use the foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2009 8:05:00 AM More reviews by scriibblez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

best powder foundation ever. it comes in so many shades, and i found my perfect match. plus it has spf! it doesn't stay too long, but its a powder foundation to begin with, its impossible for it to stay long anyways. lasts a long timee too, i had mine for a year before i killed it. perfect for summer, when you don't wanna wear liquid foundation. the packaging is cute, butt.. for some reason if i chipped it, it'd peel off in layers. which was pretty ugly.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by viviennnne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's so cakey and i feel like i m wearing a mask when i look at the mirror. The staying power is bad also, after 2 hours it starts to melt. It doesn't help to control shine, makes me face so shiny, i have to blot my face every hour.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Megra

I haven't written a review here for ages, but feel compelled to write a rave for this powder foundation. I am on my third compact, and my love for Almost Powder Makeup goes on and on. Half the battle with foundation is finding a great seamless color match, and for my fair, neutral-toned skin, 02 Neutral Fair is perfection. I have in fact never found a better color match in a foundation. The look on the skin is so soft and airbrushy and natural -- it smoothes off redness and tones down freckles etc. without masking them. My skin is fairly smooth, but my fine lines never prove to be magnets for the powder. It is so easy and quick to apply with a brush -- I use the MAC 116 brush, the fluffy but wonderfully tapered powder foundation brush, but the little included sponge does fine when I'm out and about. I love how it makes my skin look finished, yet takes virtually no time to apply (a big deal for me since becoming a mom). On top of all that it has mineral SPF 15 that adds a little oomph to the high-SPF Neutrogena I already wear. Might be a touch expensive for the amount of product, but for me it is so, so worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2009 3:12:00 PM More reviews by trapnest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not really into powder foundations but the lady at the clinic counter recommended this to me for my dry skin. I think it's not bad. It's the correct color match which is rare and gives me full coverage without even trying...Maybe too much coverage for me since I'm ghost pale and I look a bit...well colorless...^_^lll but overall I do like it for quick on the go makeup. It finishes really smooth and isn't cakey on my dry skin. It lasted all day for me as well and I think looked more natural for me as the day went on. It's better then my old BE