July 30, 2014 | 1870 users online

Powder - Clinique - Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by viviennnne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's so cakey and i feel like i m wearing a mask when i look at the mirror. The staying power is bad also, after 2 hours it starts to melt. It doesn't help to control shine, makes me face so shiny, i have to blot my face every hour.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Megra

I haven't written a review here for ages, but feel compelled to write a rave for this powder foundation. I am on my third compact, and my love for Almost Powder Makeup goes on and on. Half the battle with foundation is finding a great seamless color match, and for my fair, neutral-toned skin, 02 Neutral Fair is perfection. I have in fact never found a better color match in a foundation. The look on the skin is so soft and airbrushy and natural -- it smoothes off redness and tones down freckles etc. without masking them. My skin is fairly smooth, but my fine lines never prove to be magnets for the powder. It is so easy and quick to apply with a brush -- I use the MAC 116 brush, the fluffy but wonderfully tapered powder foundation brush, but the little included sponge does fine when I'm out and about. I love how it makes my skin look finished, yet takes virtually no time to apply (a big deal for me since becoming a mom). On top of all that it has mineral SPF 15 that adds a little oomph to the high-SPF Neutrogena I already wear. Might be a touch expensive for the amount of product, but for me it is so, so worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2009 3:12:00 PM More reviews by trapnest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not really into powder foundations but the lady at the clinic counter recommended this to me for my dry skin. I think it's not bad. It's the correct color match which is rare and gives me full coverage without even trying...Maybe too much coverage for me since I'm ghost pale and I look a bit...well colorless...^_^lll but overall I do like it for quick on the go makeup. It finishes really smooth and isn't cakey on my dry skin. It lasted all day for me as well and I think looked more natural for me as the day went on. It's better then my old BE

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by glowkitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My HG foundation! It evens out my skin tone without looking cakey when I use my MAC #182 brush instead of the sponge included. I have bought it 5 times and am about to buy it again! My skin has gotten a lot better since I gave up MAC's Studio Fix Fluid for this. My only gripe about it is it tends to crumble and break after the center is worn down to the pan.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2009 11:31:00 AM More reviews by caisah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pro:
Nice package that keep the brush and foundation seperated. Easy to mantain, easy to apply, feels quite light on skin.
Con: Dry, does not look very attractive when you have to add layers for better coverage.

I have had this foundation for about 5 months now and feel it to be about time to write a review!
My skin is normally dry and can get oily in the t-zone with small zits now and then. I bought this foundation out of curiousity and to begin with all was well. It looked semi-natural and stayed on during the day and it was not until a month our so my t-zone started to get oily, which I tried to correct with a primer. BIG mistake! It was so matte that I looked like a ghost...so I made the decision to carry on as I did earlier and just reapply when needed to. It seems the foundation is too dry for my skin as it gets oily and sweaty so I guess it is more of a use for those who is more oily...I do confess myself a little bit dissapointed as it is not better than L'oreals mineral foundation on me. Another thing I'd like to add is that it does not give you any glow or make your skin appear luminous if that is what you're after.
I think I'll give Chanel teint innocence a go now.
Cheers

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2009 12:01:00 PM More reviews by ambriki

I have to say I LOVE this product!

I have reasonably oily skin (only on my t-zone though, my cheeks are totally normal), and am often prone to breakouts on my t-zone, and in particular large, bumpy under-the-skin zits on my forehead.

I use Mac Prep and Prime Refined Treatment Zone on my nose only after moisturiser and Dr. Brandt Pore Refiner on my t-zone before moisturiser. Once I have allowed themto soak in for maybe 5 minutes I either apply liquid foundation (such as MAC Studio Fix, L'Oreal Infallible or Lancome Teint Idole Ultra) and concealer or just concealer on blemishes/under eyes, and then layer this product on all over. WOW. I then lightly dust a loose powder over the top and I am good to go for 12 hours+! I my need to bot and powdermy nose in that time, but only once or twice.

I find that it makes my skin look smooth and airbrushed, with a glow rather than a shimmer, and it covers my breakouts and keeps oil at bay.

I even used it when it was in the 30s a few weeks ago in the UK and it withstood that perfectly.

I made the mistake of buying the new Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Compact the other day (Which is about £14 more expensive) and it is no way NEAR as good! It left me patchy, greasy, and did not make me look flawless ar all.

I can highly recommend Clinique Almost Powder Makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2009 8:16:00 AM More reviews by VanessaAmanda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have acne, and when I applied this powder, it would leave dark brownish spots on my problem areas and the rest of my skin would be normal. The lady at the counter chose the color for me. She said I was fair, but this product runs very light so I would be "Deep". I was skeptical because I'm usually "Light" or "Sandy" according to other lines. All my friends agreed it looked like I had gotten a tan after I applied the make up.

I believe this product made my acne worse. It's a shame because it claims to be healthy for your skin. I used to have a few here and there, but since I've used this, every part of my skin is bumpy with under-the-skin whiteheads that are impossible to get rid of. I switched from BareMinerals to Clinique, I hated BareMinerals coverage but it wasn't until I used Clinique that my acne became severe. I would not buy either again.

Everytime I bought the Almost Powder, the pressed powder would crack! I treated the package very gently, I never dropped it, and it would still fall apart. I had to clean the mirror of the case everyday because the powder would always leave a circle around it and make the mirror ashy.

It did nothing for my oily skin. I had to re-apply often. Made me look like I was wearing too much make up even when I tried to apply as little as possible.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2009 5:56:00 PM More reviews by xox_GirlieGirl_xox

Best powder I've ever tried. Absolutly flawless finish under foundation. HG

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2009 11:54:00 PM More reviews by cheerinjus4fun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for a little more than half a year, and i could go either way on repurchasing. (it's no way near empty).
I use this everyday, using a brush instead of the sponge it comes with, after using some coverup.
It covers shine for awhile but its best to re-apply throughout the day (something I do not do). I have bad skin so I am really looking for something that can cover a lot.
I think it would be best for someone with better skin who's just looking for a little cover and even-ness in their skin tone.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2009 4:50:00 AM More reviews by jawbreaker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I a big fan of Clinique but not this foundation. It is very drying and cakey. I also found that it does not wear very well. After a couple of hours, it tends to melt off in blotches. Will not repurchase. IMO, the Stay Matte powder...even though it is a pressed powder....works better as a foundation (or regular type of powder) than this powder foundation. Will not repurchase.