October 22, 2014 | 971 users online

Powder - Clinique - Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by graciegurl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good powder--it was my first mineral makeup, and I got it when it first came out, apparently. Anyway, I thought that powder would kill my dry skin and look cakey, but this looked really nice and natural, and gave me that no-makeup-yet-flawless-skin look.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2009 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Trikkinikki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this powder in shade 04 neutral which is a perfect match for my NC35 skin (give or take depending on the season and formula of the product). It has plenty of yellow undertone, thats why its perfect for anybody with a warm skintone. I think it would be suitable for anybody between NC30 - NC37..maybe even 40..the formula of the product is really forgiving, i feel like the powder kinda just adjust to the skintone. its not heavy nor powdery looking.. it just gives a flawless, smooth finish. perfect for those days where you on a run and just wanna dab a little powder on. I haven't experienced any irritations either. I give it a 5! =)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by farnazne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I really like this foundation. It's not cakey and heavy on my skin and I got my perfect match which is 04 Neutral.
It lasts long but my t zone becomes oily couple hours after I use the foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2009 8:05:00 AM More reviews by scriibblez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

best powder foundation ever. it comes in so many shades, and i found my perfect match. plus it has spf! it doesn't stay too long, but its a powder foundation to begin with, its impossible for it to stay long anyways. lasts a long timee too, i had mine for a year before i killed it. perfect for summer, when you don't wanna wear liquid foundation. the packaging is cute, butt.. for some reason if i chipped it, it'd peel off in layers. which was pretty ugly.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by viviennnne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's so cakey and i feel like i m wearing a mask when i look at the mirror. The staying power is bad also, after 2 hours it starts to melt. It doesn't help to control shine, makes me face so shiny, i have to blot my face every hour.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Megra

I haven't written a review here for ages, but feel compelled to write a rave for this powder foundation. I am on my third compact, and my love for Almost Powder Makeup goes on and on. Half the battle with foundation is finding a great seamless color match, and for my fair, neutral-toned skin, 02 Neutral Fair is perfection. I have in fact never found a better color match in a foundation. The look on the skin is so soft and airbrushy and natural -- it smoothes off redness and tones down freckles etc. without masking them. My skin is fairly smooth, but my fine lines never prove to be magnets for the powder. It is so easy and quick to apply with a brush -- I use the MAC 116 brush, the fluffy but wonderfully tapered powder foundation brush, but the little included sponge does fine when I'm out and about. I love how it makes my skin look finished, yet takes virtually no time to apply (a big deal for me since becoming a mom). On top of all that it has mineral SPF 15 that adds a little oomph to the high-SPF Neutrogena I already wear. Might be a touch expensive for the amount of product, but for me it is so, so worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2009 3:12:00 PM More reviews by trapnest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not really into powder foundations but the lady at the clinic counter recommended this to me for my dry skin. I think it's not bad. It's the correct color match which is rare and gives me full coverage without even trying...Maybe too much coverage for me since I'm ghost pale and I look a bit...well colorless...^_^lll but overall I do like it for quick on the go makeup. It finishes really smooth and isn't cakey on my dry skin. It lasted all day for me as well and I think looked more natural for me as the day went on. It's better then my old BE

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by glowkitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My HG foundation! It evens out my skin tone without looking cakey when I use my MAC #182 brush instead of the sponge included. I have bought it 5 times and am about to buy it again! My skin has gotten a lot better since I gave up MAC's Studio Fix Fluid for this. My only gripe about it is it tends to crumble and break after the center is worn down to the pan.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2009 11:31:00 AM More reviews by caisah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pro:
Nice package that keep the brush and foundation seperated. Easy to mantain, easy to apply, feels quite light on skin.
Con: Dry, does not look very attractive when you have to add layers for better coverage.

I have had this foundation for about 5 months now and feel it to be about time to write a review!
My skin is normally dry and can get oily in the t-zone with small zits now and then. I bought this foundation out of curiousity and to begin with all was well. It looked semi-natural and stayed on during the day and it was not until a month our so my t-zone started to get oily, which I tried to correct with a primer. BIG mistake! It was so matte that I looked like a ghost...so I made the decision to carry on as I did earlier and just reapply when needed to. It seems the foundation is too dry for my skin as it gets oily and sweaty so I guess it is more of a use for those who is more oily...I do confess myself a little bit dissapointed as it is not better than L'oreals mineral foundation on me. Another thing I'd like to add is that it does not give you any glow or make your skin appear luminous if that is what you're after.
I think I'll give Chanel teint innocence a go now.
Cheers

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2009 12:01:00 PM More reviews by ambriki

I have to say I LOVE this product!

I have reasonably oily skin (only on my t-zone though, my cheeks are totally normal), and am often prone to breakouts on my t-zone, and in particular large, bumpy under-the-skin zits on my forehead.

I use Mac Prep and Prime Refined Treatment Zone on my nose only after moisturiser and Dr. Brandt Pore Refiner on my t-zone before moisturiser. Once I have allowed themto soak in for maybe 5 minutes I either apply liquid foundation (such as MAC Studio Fix, L'Oreal Infallible or Lancome Teint Idole Ultra) and concealer or just concealer on blemishes/under eyes, and then layer this product on all over. WOW. I then lightly dust a loose powder over the top and I am good to go for 12 hours+! I my need to bot and powdermy nose in that time, but only once or twice.

I find that it makes my skin look smooth and airbrushed, with a glow rather than a shimmer, and it covers my breakouts and keeps oil at bay.

I even used it when it was in the 30s a few weeks ago in the UK and it withstood that perfectly.

I made the mistake of buying the new Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Compact the other day (Which is about £14 more expensive) and it is no way NEAR as good! It left me patchy, greasy, and did not make me look flawless ar all.

I can highly recommend Clinique Almost Powder Makeup.