April 16, 2014 | 1616 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

I bought 3 of these Define-A-Brows: 2 in Light Brown, one in Medium Brown. The first Lt. Brown had to be returned to CVS because the twist-up part of the pencil was broken right from the get-go and I never even got to try it. I paid over $9 in CVS for this with tax, so I returned it for a full refund.

The 2nd pencil I bought in Medium Brown for about $5 in Target. There were no Light Browns on the shelf, so I opted for the med. brown. At least THIS pencil worked... but unfortunately, the color did not. Too dark. Made me look like the woman who wanted to steal those Dalmatian puppies and make a coat out of them.

Found another Lt. Brown Define-A-Brow in Harmon Discount for less than I paid in Target. This pencil turned out to be the darkest, light brown eyebrow pencil I had ever tried. What the ----??? (sigh) Can't seem to hit it right with these drugstore brow pencils. I used this pencil only TWO TIMES... and the darn thing broke and wouldn't twist up anymore... just like the first one I bought!!! What garbage! Well, I don't care if they start selling these pencils for a penny; I won't be spending another cent on these garbage eyebrow pencils from Maybelline. Guess I'll stick with the more expensive ones-- that work. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by seattlegirl

This is the best eyebrow pencil I’ve ever used (I also like Almay’s brow defining pencil, but this one costs less). My eyebrows are a little sparse at the edges, so I use this to fill in between the hairs. I’m a blonde but my eyebrows are a medium brown, so I think the “dark blonde” color works the best for me. Adds shape w/o making them too dark for my pale face.

I really like the packaging too – I really suck at sharpening a pencil w/o breaking the tip off, so I need the swivel-up kind. I once got a “dud” where the stick was broken up inside the container. But I still got a lot of use out of it, and that only happened to 1 out of 5 pencils.

My only complaint (and it’s a minor one) is that I wish it had a little brush at the end instead of a comb.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by neddykapoozle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this in dark blonde to fill in the outer tails of my brows. Goes on well, lasts all day, easy to use (no sharpening woo hoo!). Not to hard or too soft, and this color blends in with my brows very naturally. The only thing is the little comb at the end, which I find so handy for primping my brows, tends to fall off. I fixed it with a dab of glue, but just be aware it can fall off.

Not a very glamourous product, but it gets the job done. Supposedly dupe for a MAC pencil, but the MAC pencil is actually cheaper per ounce. Since I can get this in a drugstore quite easily but I need to haul myself over to MAC and make a special trip, I will stick with Maybelline.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddik25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using brow pencils for years, but this one has had a permanent home in my makeup bag for over a year now. This is very similar to MAC's automatic brow pencil which I also love, however this averages 7-8 bucks at CVS versus $15. (Target actually has it for $5.54 I just found out)
It lasts about 3-4 weeks for me using it once a day. The pencil tip can sometimes break off easily but after using it for so long I never have that problem anymore. It glides on easily for a more sharpened defined look but can also be blended easily for a softer look. It doesn't make my brow area oily like other pencils have either. I switch up between the light blond and dark blond colors which blend well with my hair and natural brow color. Like most companies, I wish they would expand their color options but at least the colors they have now match better than any other drug store brand has. The light and dark blond colors don't have that weird red undertone in them that I find with most other brands.

The comb on the end is handy, but I use it more for my eyelashes when combing out mascara - works great!

I will be buying at Target from now on since I found it cheaper there, but I still don't mind having to pay more if, god forbid, target is out of my color. This is the perfect alternative to MACs pencil if you wanna save $$$.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was looking for a cheaper dupe for my HG MAC brows pencil Lingering and I thought this just might be a good contender. I purchased the shade dark blonde for $9.99 at Shopper Drug Mart (roughly half the price for MAC). The colour was pretty decent, but the texture was greasy/waxy, it smudged like crazy, and the pigmentation seemed to be lacking. I found the only way I could get this to work is by setting it with a brow powder. Glad I gave this product a go, but won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by lilangel0403

I love this. The tip is small so it looks very natural when you put it on. There are no greasy. The texture is dry. If I mess up, I can easily clean it up. My brows look amazing after applying with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by bellezaLATINA

this is my go2 brow pencil to fill in my barely there brow! staying power is great it never fades i have oily skin.i set it with MAC wedge e/s

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2010 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Leahrm23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was a die hard mineral brow powder user until I bought this product. I got tired of the mess and having to use a brush so I started looking for something else. I never wanted to try this because I always thought it would look fake or would rub off during the day. After all the good reviews I decided to try it. To my surprise it looks very natural and stays put all day! I would have given this product a 5 if it wouldnt break so much on me (I think that is mostly my fault tho). I love the packaging! I love that there is a brush on the end. And I really love how skinny the stick is. It makes it really easy to use. One tip I would give is to only twist a small amount of product (so you dont break it) and to use short feathery strokes.

EDIT:: I have mastered the gentle touch with this brush and this product deserves a 5!! My HG for brows!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 6:56:00 PM More reviews by gate403

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

HG will repurchase this forever! one of my absolute best buys. I've used brow e/s and pencil before and never ever has it looked so natural and perfect. I love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wouldn't buy this product again, and it is a shame that this is the case. I had the dark blonde color, and the finished result is very nice and natural looking. But like other reviewers, my pencil tip constantly broke off, even though I had barely twisted it up. I paid around 5 dollars for this, and was done with it in less than a month. I'll stick with my double ended Revlon brow wax thingie.