July 30, 2014 | 1958 users online

Loose Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2004 3:14:00 PM More reviews by KittysoPretty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have mixed feelings about this powder. It's the first loose I have ever had and I must say that I'm a little bit disappointed. I have it in Clair and it matches my skin colour great. It does accentuate my dry/flaky areas as well as the tiny little hairs on my face. I think my face gets too matte when using this. The packaging is absolutely fabulous, of course and I love looking at it! Wouldn't re-purchase. Wouldn't have to since you get quite a bit. I don't think I'll ever use it up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2003 4:02:00 AM More reviews by purpledream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Translucent Claire. It has an apricot-color look to it, which adds a touch of warmth to pale skin, but without turning orange or looking heavy. Very light and finely-milled powder. Love the packaging...it dispenses a good amount of powder. Some powders gush out of their containers, or you shake it upside down and 2 grains come out. Not this one. Just the right amount. I think you can find other powders that are just as nice and not as steeply priced, but I still think I'd buy it again. I'm just crazy enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2003 9:56:00 AM More reviews by cutie_patootie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this powder. Such fine particles, no caking, gives a healthy glow and very slight shimmer. Hate the price, but it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2003 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Jazzie

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG of loose powders. I have it in 50 Peche which was a surprising shade for my pale-olive skintone. It has tiny little reflective particles that give my face a glow. Comes in a huge 30g container that will last for a very long time. I threw out the powder puff & use it with my large powder brush. Great for controlling those oily areas, but doesn't flake on my dryer areas.

VERY NICE!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2003 8:17:00 AM More reviews by myyong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The best thing about this powder is the clean, convienient packaging. The screen deposits just the right ammount of powder on the puff and never spills, even if I carry it around. Very neat.

The powder itself is very finely milled and doesn't look chalky. It goes on easily and blends extremely well. You also get a lot of the product for the price.

Having said all that, it seems to be a little too absorbent for me, it soaks up all the moisture and oils. But hey, that's what a loose powder is supposed to do...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2003 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Cutie7

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very impressive powder! I've been searching for another loose powder and since I like Chanel products (glosses, lipsticks, mascaras, etc..) thought I would investigate. I have several loose powders already - Laura Mercier, Giorgio Armani (#0 and #1) and find that although sheer and easy to apply - that they can look chalky/dry on the face. Chanel's loose powder is awesome. Very finely milled, and applies beautifully and looks natural. It provides a nice, lasting matte finish but doesn't look at all cakey. I use in the morning and don't have to touch up until mid day (use Giorgio Armani sheer compact powder for touch ups). Really a great powder!!!!