November 21, 2014 | 1746 users online

Loose Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2005 11:11:00 PM More reviews by kandy_rocks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am so very happy to have discovered this luxurious silky powder. I agree with everything that cynderella724 says below. I too have N/D skin (more dry than normal this time of year) and I had come to the conclusion that I could not use powder. Until now! I am LLL/FFF Cool Toned, mid-forties and I use Translucent 1. It has no yellow/orange undertones and disappears completely as a setting powder to Vitalumiere Liquid (1.8 for reference) and cream blushes. This leaves my skin looking & feeling flawless throughout the entire day & into the evening! I purchased the pressed powder compact for touch-ups, however I don't need to touch up this time of year. I'm thinking that perhaps I will in the humid summer months? Previously I have tried Becca, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, T LeClerc, Dior, Estee Lauder, Lancome & a few others. They all settled in fine lines, looked chalky, or too yellow & fake, and definitely made my skin look drier & flakier than it actually is. I had begun to feel like a fool for seeking powder in the first place. Thanks to MUA boards & reviews I have found a powder that performs beautifully for me!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2004 9:54:00 AM More reviews by GimmeMore

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Everything you would expect from Chanel! Very finely milled and sets my makeup to perfection. I am using Clair Translucent 1, which looks ever so slightly pinky/peach in the container yet disappears on the skin leaving a soft, candlelit type of glow. Looks elegant on my vanity. I can't say enough about this wonderful powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2004 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Maganda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Nice powder and it last quite awhile

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2004 4:28:00 PM More reviews by StellaBird

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best loose powder I've ever tried and I've used most high-end brands. Very expensive but lasts almost forever. Gorgeous package. I, like others have mentioned, use a powder brush instead of the puff, and I use it to set Vitalumiere creme.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2004 4:54:00 PM More reviews by laurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Now that I know how loose powder must be used, I am loving this. It gives me a matte base and it stays like that whole day. Packaging is great and generous. The velvet sponge that coomes with it is great because it is so small that it is also great to be used on powdering eyes and the nose and all the tricky corners of the face. This is a great high end loose powder. If I need to choose between this and Dior I would buy this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2004 6:04:00 PM More reviews by cynderella724

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Perfect loose powder for my dry skin! I use Clair Translucent 1. It is very finely milled and blends out beautifully and invisibly, setting my makeup for an entire day without requiring a touch up. There are very, very few powders in the world that do not cake on dry or flaky patches of skin. This never accentuates dry or flaky patches. This is my absolute holy grail loose powder! Highly recommend for those with dry skin looking for a powder that will blend out like silk, not catch on flaky areas, and is truly translucent!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2004 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Bea_999

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got mine in Vanille Translucent Sun, the first loose powder I found just perfect for my skin tone.
I'm blonde with medium light skin and warm yellow undertones.
The powder is very silky and sheer. It is a warm and light natural color, which makes my skin look smooth and even. It doesn't get a cake-like look, and it stays on for many hours.
I can't tell I have powder on--
feels just perfect. I love it and I will definitely buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2004 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Emma13

I have this loose powder in "clair", and while it is very sheer it appears to have this dreaded effect of making my foundation darken slightly. (FYI I wear GA LSF 2/4). I also detect a hint of a peachy tone to it rather than merely neutral/yellow. That said, the quality of this powder is excellent - extremely finely milled and does not look chalky or dry at all though I cannot detect any obvious shimmer. I'm so disappointed that the colour turned out to be wrong for me, having paid through the nose for this! I'll keep using a tiny bit of this every now & then especially on its own on the rare occasions when I go without foundation. The jar is huge so I expect it to last forever. And of course it does look supremely elegant on my dressing table! Oh well...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2004 3:14:00 PM More reviews by KittysoPretty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have mixed feelings about this powder. It's the first loose I have ever had and I must say that I'm a little bit disappointed. I have it in Clair and it matches my skin colour great. It does accentuate my dry/flaky areas as well as the tiny little hairs on my face. I think my face gets too matte when using this. The packaging is absolutely fabulous, of course and I love looking at it! Wouldn't re-purchase. Wouldn't have to since you get quite a bit. I don't think I'll ever use it up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2003 4:02:00 AM More reviews by purpledream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Translucent Claire. It has an apricot-color look to it, which adds a touch of warmth to pale skin, but without turning orange or looking heavy. Very light and finely-milled powder. Love the packaging...it dispenses a good amount of powder. Some powders gush out of their containers, or you shake it upside down and 2 grains come out. Not this one. Just the right amount. I think you can find other powders that are just as nice and not as steeply priced, but I still think I'd buy it again. I'm just crazy enough.