April 24, 2014 | 1959 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - Long handled Kabuki

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2007 3:33:00 PM More reviews by flamencovixen

This kabuki brush is of excellent quality. It has a longer handle (compared to other kabuki brushes) and the handle is wider and stocky looking. The handle is made out of wood and looks very classy looking. The brush head isn't as wide as other kabuki brushes that I own but that is what I like about it. It is also amazingly soft but dense enough. It is perfect for mineral make up. I got this as part of a kit but by itself, it is still worth getting. A+ for everyday minerals.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2007 3:37:00 PM More reviews by lboger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Add me to the raves of this wonderful brush! It is the cutest little thing too! This is a new brush from EM not to be mistaken for the less than perfect old EM brushes ;). The long handled (it's actually a cute stubby handle) kabuki is soft, fits perfectly in the hand, and applies mmu beautifully. I love the new wooden handles, looks more "high end". What I love the most is the wooden handles match my collection of Bobbi Brown brushes. They will be coming out with an angled blush brush with the same wooden handles and quality. That's next on my purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2007 3:01:00 PM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG this is the SOFTEST synthetic haired brush I have EVER come across. I HIGHLY reccommend! Oh and it spreads the powder around nicely too ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2007 5:58:00 PM More reviews by esucceed

I have Lumiere Mineral's big Kabuki, EDM's Long handled Kabuki & EDM's New Flat Top Brush. Lumiere has a bigger brush and softer than EDM's long handled Kabuki. (But more expensive than EDM, $16 compare to EDM $10).

The amazing thing here is, I had never thought EDM's New Flat Top Brush can be such GREAT!!! It spreads out my foundation very evenly, and it is so soft (but shed). Way better than their Long handled Kabuki! Highly recommend!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2007 7:06:00 AM More reviews by camilla8

Having used and enjoyed the EM's Premium Kabuki, I thought it was time to try another EM's brush while placing my order. I saw the reviews for this and decided to try it. I have to agree with all the other reviews, this brush is softer and has not shed for me so far. Very nice quality brush, and makes my mineral makeup look flawless on my face. I have not used it long term, but I have a feeling it will hold up well for the long run. The only thing I miss about the Premium brush is the wider brush coverage the Premium had (there were more bristles and covered more surface area on the face than the new brush has). But the softness and quality help make up for it. Big rave for this brush! I also purchased the flat top brush, I haven't used it, but looking forward to trying it. The long handled Kabuki's handle isn't THAT long, but longer than the short stub from the normal Kabuki brushes. This brush also has a wood colored handle, and the bristles are black with white tips. Also, for $10 this brush is a steal, and you can buy the custom packages and seemingly get the brush cheaper. (The custom packages are a steal!)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2007 2:27:00 PM More reviews by elyjordan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great brush! I got it as a replacement for their premium kabuki brush. It is sooo soft and it picks up the minerals nicely. I really enjoy using this brush. It's a HUGE improvement over their former kabuki brush. The former one was kind of scratchy and shed hairs A LOT. I highly recommend their new long handled kabuki. The handle is long enough to give you the control you need but not too long.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2007 5:40:00 AM More reviews by LovelyNo5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have and use Alima's #25 and now I have this one as well, so I will try to do a comparison between the two.
Alima's brush is very, very dense and the bristles are quite short. The LHK has slightly fewer and thicker bristles, but it feels heavenly on my skin, very soft. The only problem is that the bristles are a bit too long (almost a centimeter longer than Alima's), which makes the brush floppy. It whisks the minerals around, both in the lid and on my face. I came up with a solution for that though: I put scotch tape around the bristles at the base, as if the metal part had been slightly longer. This keeps the bristles tighter together and voilà, it works just as well as the #25! For application the LHK has a more rounded head than #25, but it's barely noticeable. Somehow I find applying the minerals (EM intensive or original glo) easier with the LHK. It doesn't "grab" my skin the way #25 does, the handle is shorter and not as heavy – and most importantly, the brush doesn't feel like it needs to be washed after one single application. So in all I'd give this 5+++ lippies if the bristles were slightly shorter which would result in a denser head. For now, the scotch tape works for me and it doesn't cause any shedding when I remove it before washing the brush. I guess if I tie an elastic hair band at the base of the bristles I would achieve the same effect, have to try it...

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2007 10:09:00 AM More reviews by nyomya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I use this brush about a week now and love this. This is totally different from EM's brushes I tried in the past. My face is very sensitive, rather irritated due to Retin-A/AHA acids so I wanted very gently brush. I also love Luminire's synthetic kabuki brush but EM's LHK brush is easier to handle when applying both foundation and blush. I don't use EM's foundation but their Natural Reflection Medium Bronzer Finishing Powder as foundation. So far, no shadding. I also want to try their new flat top brush. Here's the picture of Lumiere's Kabuki, baby/fetus kabuki, blush, EM's LHK, & BE's soft focus in comparison: http://img.makeupalley.com/8/3/7/3/830459.JPG All are soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2007 9:26:00 AM More reviews by B_Movie_malefan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Maybe its too early to tell since I just got this brush a week ago, but this has to be the softest kabuki I have ever had. I admit I had reservations when I heard EM was going to an all synthetic brushes and the quality would not be there, but this has restored my faith in some of their products. My only complaint would be that the hairs are SO SOFT that it would not apply my foundation properly but that does not seem to be the case I just dotted on some foundation with a concealer brush and blended it in with no demarcation lines or spots. This is great for anyone with sensitive skin or has been put off by the scratchiness of other brushes that cost twice as much *cough BE cough, cough*

Just as I was thinking they could probably improve on this by making the hairs more dense; POOF!-- they put up the new flat top!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2007 10:40:00 PM More reviews by dtn06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to agree that this brush is very soft. I got this one as a replacement for the premium kabuki which sheds every time I use it (from day one). This brush hasn't shed one hair since I got it. I mainly use it to buff out my Px powder foundation after applying it with the Px powder brush. I love the longer handle because I can get better control of the brush as opposed to the regular kabuki.