December 18, 2014 | 1387 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2010 1:58:00 AM More reviews by dkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This toner made me get deep cystic acne on my chin, which I've never got before. AND the smell is awful. I totally thought this was going to be a great product because of the high price, so wrong.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2010 8:55:00 AM More reviews by 10laurabelle

It feels good in the initial moments it goes on the face. And then... it burns and feels itchy (my hands wanted to rip it off my face). It just feels like alcohol over the face. Not liking it at all. When I combined this with the skin signature cream - I started to break out with pimples. Only used this for a week - as soon as I used my regular chanel moisturiser my skin looked better within a day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by purrsian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Once I thought Thayers toner was best, slowly I found it quite drying. Comparatively speaking, this is by far the best toner I've ever used. Expensive, yes, but worth every penny.

At the age of 30, I'm still a heavy smoker, have been smoking for the last 10 years. Certainly this is not a healthy habit, but I'm usually mistaken as someone 23-24, and people are surprised that I'm a heavy smoker, by the way my skin looks.

I use SKii facial treatment essence together with Fancl washing powder, Decleor's Aromessence (Iris oil and Rose balm) twice a day, and Dermalogica's Daily Resurfacer and Daily Microfoliant weekly. I love this combination, it really brightens and clarifies my skin tremendously. All these products have active ingredients to improve skin conditions, and might not be suitable for all skin types.

During the summer, I just use Fancl washing powder and Skii facial treatment and skip the oil and balm, and I still can manage to have pore-less skin.

Sometimes I give myself a "toner mask". According to a Japanese beauty guru, it is not about what products you buy, but it all depends on how you use the products. Toner is what helps the absorption of essences and cream, and the way most people use toner (just pad on skin) is very wasteful and does not reveal the best potential a toner can provide. So she suggested, after washing your face, soak some cotton puff/ pads in a solution consisted of half toner and half distilled water, then layer them over your face and neck, and cover your face with cellophane for 5 mins(certainly, open a hole so that you can breath). Using cellophane is to make sure the solution is being absorbed and not evapourated, also to trap some heat so that the skin can absorb better. After 5 mins, you can lift up the cellophane and the cotton pads, then apply essence and cream as usual.

I found this trick very useful, it does make a big difference, this really hydrates and brightens your skin, with this toner and this technique, I don't even need to buy and use other masks.

This Japanese beauty guru is called Saeki Chizu, she is nearly 70 and has fabulous skin, definitely does not look 70 years old, she has been in beauty industry for all her life, had worked for Dior as an executive for years. Some dermatologists (all men) were skeptical about her approach, but hey, this woman is a living proof! Please google search for her photos! You'll see what I mean.

For those who are interested, should definitely check this out.

21 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2010 3:24:00 AM More reviews by limis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It is refreshing on my oily, acne prone sensitive skin. I feel my skin plump and moisturized. I found that I have less breakouts and it helps prevent big huge cystic acne from becoming "full blown"

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2010 10:59:00 AM More reviews by melonbaobao

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am up to my second bottle of this product. I have the 150ml version. I find that sometimes when I use the essence underneath my moisturiser it was too rich and I broke out. However, when it's hot, I can just use the essence on its own directly after cleanser and don't even need moisturiser. It has an odd smell, but since using it my skin has become fairer and smoother.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by vandadeida

I really love this product. I'm only 14 years old but Miracle Water doesn't make me break out. And of course, I have clear skin now.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2010 12:21:00 AM More reviews by SeeTea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for 2 years now (I use it once a day in the morning before putting on moisturizer) and honestly haven't seen much results. The smell is AWFUL but I've tolerated it well enough to use it for 2 years! I went nuts when I was in Hong Kong last year and got several bottles on sale and that is the only reason why I'm still using it. I will probably stop using it once I finish all my bottles. So I'm just not sold on this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by mccafferty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ever since I moved to HK from London, I had no end of spots. (Haven't had them for more than 10 years!) I got this chiefly to keep my spots in check. It does seem to work, but not brilliantly. I still get spots, but the situation seems more under control. I think it does contribute a little to improving my skin texture. But I am also using some good serums which I believe are more effective on that front. Won't call it miracle, especially for the price.

Update: I had a couple of nasty spots that keep coming back. Following another reviewer's recommendation I soaked SKII on a pad and leave it there for 15 minutes. But it doesn't seem to make any difference the next day. Recently I come across a tip - put a thin slice of potato on the spot. I tried this and it worked! The spots are retreating. Apparently it also works for minor burns and pains caused by swelling etc. Just make sure you slice the potato very thinly (or use a peeler), so that it will stick to the face, and change to a new slice after a little while. I change mine as often as I can remember/be bothered, so on average every 20 minutes. The book says you should change once the slice doesn't feel cool any more. I left one on overnight too. I think I will give my skin a break from SKII once I've finished my current huge bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Samanda100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A little over a year ago, my face was covered in little spots of milia. I started using the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence. Within a month I saw a drastic improvement! Within three months my skin was in the best condition it has ever been in! It has remained consistently clear and beautiful since then. Needless to say, I am forever a loyal customer of SK-II skin care products. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Joice78

I didn't know what to expect but have been using it nearly every night (not something I typically spend time doing) and have loved the feeling that my skin doesn't have layers of build up but is new and so nice.