September 20, 2014 | 1733 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by seussisms

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Like everyone else, I was sucked in by the "miracle water" hype. Got a sampler off eBay and have religiously used it twice a day for 6 weeks. It is now my on my MUST HAVE list. It is amazing how it makes your face look completely different. It keeps my face moisturized all day with a dewy, soft look that has zero greasiness to it. No dry or sticky feeling either. Going for the full size bottle next.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2010 12:56:00 AM More reviews by chloechan88

I don't know if I should call it a piece of expensive crap. Well, it kinda worked and improved my at the beginning. However, once I stopped using it, I got a lot of breakouts. I guess my skin is just too senstive. I use it on my neck and my hand now. A waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by starshar

I bought the 75ml to try it out to see if it works like a miracle water like what the advert says.

Generally, 75ml could last me 5 months. And the trick of applying it is to apply toner before it. Without applying toner beforehand, it runs, and won't be absorbed into the skin, sucha kinda waste. With a toner, it absorbs almost like miracle.

Nonetheless of the bad smell like saliva, I still like this product a lot because my face is no longer dull. It brightens up my face. And I already have my 150ml bottle stock up in my drawer now.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2010 1:52:00 AM More reviews by BallerinaBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

YUCK!!!! THis is the worst product i have ever used. I used this for a little over 6 months last year. At first, i think a lot of people would agree that this stuff makes your skin look amazing almost instantaneously. And then the cycle begins, you feel like you have to keep using this stuff to maintain the lovely smooth hydrated skin that you now have. But then.....a couple of months into it, i noticed red spots, and clusters of bumps underneath the skin in places i normally wouldn't breakout in.( As a bit of brief background, i never had acne issues, i mean i would get the occasional pimple here and there, but only 1 or 2 at a time and they would be small ones and heal in 3 days or so. ) So as a result, i stopped using this stuff and it got worse and worse. I had to go see a dermatogolist as to why my skin turned nasty. I am still suffering the consequences of this product and people are still wondering what the heck happened to my skin. Those clusters of bumps that i had lingered for 3 months and scarred me. Not just little red marks, i'm talking bad deep almost indented scars. Sigh. My skin is now ruined and incredibly sensitive. Never again. I should have listened to some of my friends who did say that this product is very strong.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 2:19:00 AM More reviews by kitkatmeow

After hearing and reading all the hype about this product, I finally decided to give it a try. I would say that I have fairly good skin, occasional oily face at T-zone esp after long hours at work and people always say that I am lucky to have a great complexion, As a background, I've been using the same cleanser and moisturizer (both neutrogena) since I was 15 and now I am 26! And I barely use toner..

After more than 10 years of same routines, I decided to give extra attention to my skin, and decided to buy this. It has only been a week since I use this day and night after cleansing my face, but I must say I do notice a lot of improvement! My skin has become more supple and the pores around my nose is lessening. Yesterday, I was traveling from morning and in meetings until night - and normally my skin will get oily by the evening... but I was surprised at how good my skin is even after a long day! And I even received a compliment for a colleague that I look glowing as well yesterday!

As for now, I LOVE this product! Hope it gets better and I will get the translucent glowing skin soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by butterflyeffect123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this product! I didn't notice any sort of immediate difference BUT my skin has gradually looked better and better over the last 6months and I will definitely continue using this.

I've found that SKII doesn't provide immediate results, but my skin texture has looked far better over the months I've been using it and looks and feels far more even as well.

Personally, I like to use a SKII with a couple of other products - Olay exfoliating face wash and occasionally Estee Lauder's idealist refinishing cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Ploysiam

I heard alot of this stuff and one day i try,
1-3 first day my skin was AMAZING! it's softer smoother
and very easier to make up
but after that i feel my skin is easy to allergic, but i still use it
i thought it's processing and peeling and i'm on period
But i thought WRONG!! I'm allergic the Yeast "PITERA"
i got acnes , the infection pimples all over my face..

Anyways i'm allergic the SK-II but my mom her skin so INCREDIBLE!!! yeah it's depends on personal skin type

It's kinda expensive If u want to try this u should ask for a sample at SK-II counter before u buy a big bottle.
U don't waste a money right!!

for me SO LONG SK-II

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by CrystalCherry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have heard so many good things about this toner and that was the reason I decided to try this. This suppose to be a toner/essence, and it was regarded as the "miracle water". Well, I have not noticed an obvious improvement of my skin since I started using this. The texture is very light, just like a toner, and it is fragrance free. I wouldn't say this is truely miracle, but this is definitely not bad. It is east to absorbe, does not sting my sensitive skin. But since the price is so expensive, I would expect a better result from this.
The only reason I will repurchase this toner is because I want to try it with other SK-II items to see if it will bring out a better result.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by jeanbean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin used to be pretty oily, especially in the summer. I'd have to blot once or twice a day for sure. I'd also get small bumps on my forehead sometimes, maybe from sweat I'm not too sure. I started using SK-II's essence about a week ago, and the small bumps have disappeared. Today after lunch I got out my face blotting sheets as usual, and to my surprise there was hardly any oil on my face!!! I blotted my whole face anyway and only a small portion of the sheet had oil on it! I'm so amazed and happy right now, so happy that I just ordered another jumbo size bottle, haha. >_< It is expensive, but nothing has been able to hydrate my face and balance the oil production as well as this.

The smell doesn't bother me at all. I think it's a very "natural" smell, better than fragrance in my opinion. I also like that the texture is very refreshing, though still thicker than a normal toner, but does not leave behind any stickiness or residue like some other essences I've tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2010 8:52:00 AM More reviews by andrienneliew

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was converted to a SK-II addict thanks to my sister who is an addict herself. I wasn't very impressed with the price at the first place as it's way too over my budget as a university student (in my very early 20s). I was awarded my first 'trial set' by my sister and it was a no turning back for me since then. It tame my soon-to-be-popping-out-pimples by just dabbing on some of the essence on a cotton pad and stick it to the pimple (SA advised me to stick the cotton pad till it dries off after I'm done patting the essence with it allover my face) and brings back the suppleness to my skin.

Contrary to believe, SK-II is not only for aging skin or late 20s because I firmly believe that the max age you should start taking really good care and preparing the foundation for ageing skin would be 25 (of course, the earlier the better).

The reason why this HG of mine did not get 5 stars is because of the price factor. The smell is still acceptable to me prolly because I have high tolerance for my sense of smell (I could tolerate bird poop facial too :D).