Urban Decay Deluxe Shadow Box [DISCONTINUED]

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/29/2007 12:35:00 AM

I absolutely love this pallette. Got this even though i already had two of the colours. The formula of these shadows are amazing, like butter, colour payoff is excellent. It contains (0.04oz x 9)
Fishnet - pinky purple duochromish
Peace - ultramarine blue
Shag - metallic bronzy gold
Scratch - cool metallic pink
Underground - Taupy brown
Basically everything you need to create any look imaginable, highly recommended. Not to mention it includes a small (0.09oz) udpp =D

on 11/27/2007 12:52:00 PM

I already own Grafitti, Honey and Peace, but when I saw this at Sephora I just had to get it. I was wanting to try Ransom, Zero and Underground. This is a wonderfu way to try colours. I won't detail all the colours as its been done wonderfully all ready. But I will add I also own the Skull and Wallpaper pallettes already, and this is a wonderful addition to my stash. The only other one now I want to try is Adore, I wish they had put this in the palette.

on 11/25/2007 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

A wonderful palette with a gorgeous selection of stunning colors. Especially perfect for those with brown eyes since every color will flatter. I like how Zero is included as a staple, dark, soft, highly pigmented brown shadow. Definitely some very unique colors in this box -- Graffiti is a definite standout. On color selection alone I'd give this a 5/5.

Unfortunately the colors (besides Zero) don't seem to me as highly pigmented as the regular UD shadows. For some reason they apply more sheerly. -.5 lippie

The other thing I don't like about this is the horrendous packaging which to my taste is just plain tacky. I think the UD Ammo palette looks much nicer; the plus point of the Deluxe box is that there's no design that will wear off. Other than that though, I really dislike the purple velvet / metal chain sheet packaging. -.5 lippie

For reference, I'm NC 42, black hair w/ drk brown eyes.

on 11/22/2007 11:22:00 PM

I use this palette all the time, there is so much you can do with these colors - more neutral and understated (though a bit shimmery!) with Shag, Scratch or Underground, smoky with Zero, brighter and more colorful with the rest. I already had Zero and Heat (Heat not included here), and wanted more Deluxe shadows, then this came along! For about the price of two full size shadows, you get NINE colors to try, and it's a decent amount too, I find I don't really have to use much. These shadows are really fantastic - and though some of the colors are a bit bright, they look great either as accents (which I love doing, using them on the outer corners of my eyes) or as all over color they look nice applied sheerly or more heavily for a bolder look. They blend well and some of these colors I just haven't found elsewhere. Really pigmented and incredibly soft. The set even comes with a mini Primer Potion, and these shadows are wonderful used with it (loved it so much I went out and bought a full size PP!) The case is a bit over the top, but very fun. I didn't think I'd like the suede covered cardboard-ey packaging but it's very sturdy - it doesn't look cheap and I've tossed it in my bag a few times and it's still in great shape. Love the huge mirror inside too. Brilliant move by UD - this is a great way to sample most of the Deluxe colors as well as the PP. Doesn't take up too much space either - although I LOVE the full size individual Deluxe eyeshadow cases (they're all gorgeous - my favorite UD packaging by far) they won't stack well due to the rounded top and are kind of oddly shaped (though the oval case is really nice with the weighted bottom and mirror, it's a bit thick), which might be annoying to someone who likes their cosmetics stacked and organized.

on 11/18/2007 1:30:00 AM

i love it love it. i love the bright colors, it seems like i cant get it anywhere else. the colors work so well together.

on 11/15/2007 7:58:00 PM

I got this for my birthday and I'm really glad! I've wanted several shades from the deluxe collection, so this was nice that they put it all into a palette. I love all the shades. I'm a girl that likes to use BRIGHT BRIGHT colors, so graffiti, fishnet, peace are ones that I use the most often.
The packaging is very cute - purple velvet but I do think that they should have done something else in place of the metal mesh insert.
The price is high, but it's a palette, so it's worth it to try all those colors at once.
The actual eyeshadows are nice quality- none of them have glitter that gets all over your face. They blend nicely (maybe except the black) and they're smooth as BUTTER. The colors are bright, vibrant and in my opinion, very pigmented.

I honestly LOVE LOVE this palette and I'm so glad my friends got it for me for my bday.

on 11/11/2007 10:30:00 PM

I can't believe no one has reviewed this yet! I already own UD Deluxe e/s in Underground and that is what caused me to want to try out the other Deluxe colors. The palette's outside consists of purple trim with a silver mesh insert-kinda cheesy. Each square pan is roughly about the size of a nickel (maybe a little bigger). I think this palette is very reasonably priced-averages out to $4.00 per shade. IMO the texture of these shadows are superior to MAC, LM, BB and also Tarte, very blendable (except for one) and pigmented. I find the finishes to vary between glowy or metallic, depending on the shade.
The shades are as follows:
Fishnet: Glowy, pink violet. Similar to Milani Shock or a slightly deeper MAC Stars -N- Rockets.
Honey: Metallic, rich yellow gold. Similar to MAC Goldmine.
Ransom: Glowy, blue violet. Similar to MAC Parfait Amour but with more blue.
Graffiti: Glowy, apple green. Similar to Fyrinnae Dragon's Wing.
Zero: Least Favorite. Flat black. Does not blend easily.
Peace: Glowy, bright turquoise blue. Similar to Fyrinnae Digital Faerie but without the green duochrome.
Shag: Metallic, tawny bronze with a slight hint of peach. Similar to UD YDK without the glitter.
Scratch: Metallic, warm pink. Similar to MAC Expensive Pink without the gold shimmer.
Underground: LOVE! Metallic, sparkly golden taupe perfection. HG! I do not have a shade to compare to this.
This palette is a great way to try out the Deluxe colors. I would recommend this to anyone who did not like UD previously because of the glitter factor as none of these shades have any glitter, just rich, beautiful color that spreads like butter. I will definitely repurchase some of the shades when I run out.

on 11/7/2007 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

this is a very nice product. the packaging is fabulous and sturdy- i've been toting mine around and it shows no worse for wear. mirror is huge. all the colors look fabulous with each other. REALLY fabulous. as a whole, most of them go on pretty sheer and are moderately buildable, but it is a little difficult to get them all to look exactly as they do on the plate (namely Zero, Graffiti, and esp. Ransom). this is definitely worth what you pay for.

on 10/28/2007 8:47:00 PM

WOW an Urban Decay must have. Great price for several deluxe eyeshadows. Great forumlars that are shimmery and last long. Also comes with a mini primer potion the best eyeshadow base ever! The packaging is also really pretty. Great price for what your getting.

on 10/15/2007 10:47:00 PM

An answer to the prayers of any admirer of Urban Decay and their Deluxe shadows in particular! For the cost of barely more than two individual Deluxe shadows you can get NINE. OF. THEM. (Only Adore, Sting and Heat are missing... too bad about Adore, though, I really wanted that one.) Yes, smaller portions, but those little squares last longer than you think - especially used over a good base, and oh look - a mini Primer Potion is provided for you! I'm rarely enthusiastic about gift palettes, but this one really is all that and a bag of chips. If you're like me and prefer your eyeshadows in palette form, this is definitely the way to sample the Deluxe collection.

All of the colors are shimmery but none ooze silver glitter - an improvement over the assortment in previous Shadow Box releases. The standouts in this palette are Honey (a bright true gold), Graffiti (a brilliant kelly green), and Peace (a stunning, high-payoff blue-leaning turquoise). The packaging borders on tacky (purple faux suede & cheap silver mesh, anyone?) but bordering on tacky is what UD is all about - and I'll just have to see whether this magnetized palette holds up over a few weekend excursions.

Still, I'm quibbling. I love the fact that this set exists. Now if UD would make a palette of their new mattes, I could pack both and be completely covered for any short-term eye makeup need. (No, really.)

continued >>