April 16, 2014 | 1959 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - Deluxe Shadow Box

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 8:47:00 PM More reviews by clamster

WOW an Urban Decay must have. Great price for several deluxe eyeshadows. Great forumlars that are shimmery and last long. Also comes with a mini primer potion the best eyeshadow base ever! The packaging is also really pretty. Great price for what your getting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2007 10:47:00 PM More reviews by lizsybarite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

An answer to the prayers of any admirer of Urban Decay and their Deluxe shadows in particular! For the cost of barely more than two individual Deluxe shadows you can get NINE. OF. THEM. (Only Adore, Sting and Heat are missing... too bad about Adore, though, I really wanted that one.) Yes, smaller portions, but those little squares last longer than you think - especially used over a good base, and oh look - a mini Primer Potion is provided for you! I'm rarely enthusiastic about gift palettes, but this one really is all that and a bag of chips. If you're like me and prefer your eyeshadows in palette form, this is definitely the way to sample the Deluxe collection.

All of the colors are shimmery but none ooze silver glitter - an improvement over the assortment in previous Shadow Box releases. The standouts in this palette are Honey (a bright true gold), Graffiti (a brilliant kelly green), and Peace (a stunning, high-payoff blue-leaning turquoise). The packaging borders on tacky (purple faux suede & cheap silver mesh, anyone?) but bordering on tacky is what UD is all about - and I'll just have to see whether this magnetized palette holds up over a few weekend excursions.

Still, I'm quibbling. I love the fact that this set exists. Now if UD would make a palette of their new mattes, I could pack both and be completely covered for any short-term eye makeup need. (No, really.)

continued >>

19 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2007 7:08:00 PM More reviews by MsLips

I gasped in happiness when I first saw this...I HAD to have it only because Urban Decay is one of my top brands and their shadow quality is so great. It's just a great idea that they came out with this set! It comes in beautiful velvet purple packaging with silver metal mesh design in the middle...it's so pretty. It also comes with a mini udpp which is one of the best shadow bases ever! It doesn't have all the deluxe colors but the colors it does have are:

Fishnet
Peace
Shag
Scratch
Underground

and two applicators! Brilliant!

I hope they come out with the glitter liner sets...like at least 5 together because those are the bomb, I always get compliments on those ;)