November 28, 2014 | 1926 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - Deluxe Shadow Box

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2007 7:58:00 PM More reviews by take_me_away

I got this for my birthday and I'm really glad! I've wanted several shades from the deluxe collection, so this was nice that they put it all into a palette. I love all the shades. I'm a girl that likes to use BRIGHT BRIGHT colors, so graffiti, fishnet, peace are ones that I use the most often.
The packaging is very cute - purple velvet but I do think that they should have done something else in place of the metal mesh insert.
The price is high, but it's a palette, so it's worth it to try all those colors at once.
The actual eyeshadows are nice quality- none of them have glitter that gets all over your face. They blend nicely (maybe except the black) and they're smooth as BUTTER. The colors are bright, vibrant and in my opinion, very pigmented.

I honestly LOVE LOVE this palette and I'm so glad my friends got it for me for my bday.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2007 10:30:00 PM More reviews by pilotpickles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't believe no one has reviewed this yet! I already own UD Deluxe e/s in Underground and that is what caused me to want to try out the other Deluxe colors. The palette's outside consists of purple trim with a silver mesh insert-kinda cheesy. Each square pan is roughly about the size of a nickel (maybe a little bigger). I think this palette is very reasonably priced-averages out to $4.00 per shade. IMO the texture of these shadows are superior to MAC, LM, BB and also Tarte, very blendable (except for one) and pigmented. I find the finishes to vary between glowy or metallic, depending on the shade.
The shades are as follows:
Fishnet: Glowy, pink violet. Similar to Milani Shock or a slightly deeper MAC Stars -N- Rockets.
Honey: Metallic, rich yellow gold. Similar to MAC Goldmine.
Ransom: Glowy, blue violet. Similar to MAC Parfait Amour but with more blue.
Graffiti: Glowy, apple green. Similar to Fyrinnae Dragon's Wing.
Zero: Least Favorite. Flat black. Does not blend easily.
Peace: Glowy, bright turquoise blue. Similar to Fyrinnae Digital Faerie but without the green duochrome.
Shag: Metallic, tawny bronze with a slight hint of peach. Similar to UD YDK without the glitter.
Scratch: Metallic, warm pink. Similar to MAC Expensive Pink without the gold shimmer.
Underground: LOVE! Metallic, sparkly golden taupe perfection. HG! I do not have a shade to compare to this.
This palette is a great way to try out the Deluxe colors. I would recommend this to anyone who did not like UD previously because of the glitter factor as none of these shades have any glitter, just rich, beautiful color that spreads like butter. I will definitely repurchase some of the shades when I run out.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2007 2:00:00 AM More reviews by nobunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is a very nice product. the packaging is fabulous and sturdy- i've been toting mine around and it shows no worse for wear. mirror is huge. all the colors look fabulous with each other. REALLY fabulous. as a whole, most of them go on pretty sheer and are moderately buildable, but it is a little difficult to get them all to look exactly as they do on the plate (namely Zero, Graffiti, and esp. Ransom). this is definitely worth what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 8:47:00 PM More reviews by clamster

WOW an Urban Decay must have. Great price for several deluxe eyeshadows. Great forumlars that are shimmery and last long. Also comes with a mini primer potion the best eyeshadow base ever! The packaging is also really pretty. Great price for what your getting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2007 10:47:00 PM More reviews by lizsybarite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

An answer to the prayers of any admirer of Urban Decay and their Deluxe shadows in particular! For the cost of barely more than two individual Deluxe shadows you can get NINE. OF. THEM. (Only Adore, Sting and Heat are missing... too bad about Adore, though, I really wanted that one.) Yes, smaller portions, but those little squares last longer than you think - especially used over a good base, and oh look - a mini Primer Potion is provided for you! I'm rarely enthusiastic about gift palettes, but this one really is all that and a bag of chips. If you're like me and prefer your eyeshadows in palette form, this is definitely the way to sample the Deluxe collection.

All of the colors are shimmery but none ooze silver glitter - an improvement over the assortment in previous Shadow Box releases. The standouts in this palette are Honey (a bright true gold), Graffiti (a brilliant kelly green), and Peace (a stunning, high-payoff blue-leaning turquoise). The packaging borders on tacky (purple faux suede & cheap silver mesh, anyone?) but bordering on tacky is what UD is all about - and I'll just have to see whether this magnetized palette holds up over a few weekend excursions.

Still, I'm quibbling. I love the fact that this set exists. Now if UD would make a palette of their new mattes, I could pack both and be completely covered for any short-term eye makeup need. (No, really.)

continued >>

19 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2007 7:08:00 PM More reviews by MsLips

I gasped in happiness when I first saw this...I HAD to have it only because Urban Decay is one of my top brands and their shadow quality is so great. It's just a great idea that they came out with this set! It comes in beautiful velvet purple packaging with silver metal mesh design in the middle...it's so pretty. It also comes with a mini udpp which is one of the best shadow bases ever! It doesn't have all the deluxe colors but the colors it does have are:

Fishnet
Peace
Shag
Scratch
Underground

and two applicators! Brilliant!

I hope they come out with the glitter liner sets...like at least 5 together because those are the bomb, I always get compliments on those ;)