August 21, 2014 | 1142 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Cornpopgirl

It does absolutely nothing to control oil and causes break outs. Thank god I only bought the travel size ($15).

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by MeganHan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product, it feels nice going on, makes my skin feel smooth, and doesn't feel slick/oily. the only problem i have with this product is that while it doesnt cause me break out, it does absolutely NOTHING to control oil. i still find myself needing to blot literally 1-2 hours after i apply my makeup. i have used other mattifiers in the past, which have helped to control oil, but many of them also broke me out for some reason.. im still on the hunt for the perfect, oil free, oil controlling primer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 2:42:00 AM More reviews by bluenote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros: Feels weightless, makes my face feel smoother
Cons: No visible difference in how my makeup looks. Also makes my skin more prone to breakouts. Would not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by chickeeduck

I got this as a sample, which lasted for about 5 make up applications. I have tried Christian Dior, Clinique and Revlon primers, and was not necessarily impressed. I put in a 4 for packaging as I got it as a sample but since it is a pump, I can assume there will be product left that is rendered inaccessible as you get down to the end of the bottle.
On a daily basis I put on sunscreen spf 50, followed by light moisturizer. First attempt with the primer, I noticed it balled a bit once I put my BB Oil-Free cream foundation with a sponge. Not good.
Second time, I used my fingers to apply on the cream foundation with much success. It really did improve the texture of my skin, which has been looking a bit rough and "orange-like". No balling. I attempted this method the next couple of times, and it seemed to work consistently. I do find the product to be quite light, so you don't feel like you have much on, inspite or the layering of products that I go through every morning. Will purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2010 12:56:00 PM More reviews by kinoko13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

ok, im on my second bottle of this. i love the way it feels on my skin, it makes it so soft, dosent realy have a smell, packageing is nice. im in search of a new better primer for my oily skin though. it hasnt irratated or givin me breakouts but it dosent seem to help with my overly oily skin, and thats the maine reason i bought it. i do like it, if it only did what it said about the oil id love it.
btw this does last a long time, i got my first bottle for christmas, and my second the next christmas with a little left in the first. thats awsome.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by RachelOaktree

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was very dissapointed by this product. It feels so heavy and oily even when it's by itself, and the effect is multiplied when you try to add foundation. In fact, I've found it nearly impossible to wear with foundation because it rolls up into little balls when I try to smooth foundation over it. It does make pores appear smaller, but it also makes me break out like crazy, even though it is supposed to be light and my skin isn't all that sensitive. I don't recommend this product, it is a complete rip off. Even if it retailed for $5 I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2010 7:42:00 PM More reviews by gregswifey

I really liked this. It definitely made my pore less visible and my makeup stayed on all day. Before using this, I would have to redo my makeup half way through the day with numerous other touch ups. On a hot day, I might have to touch up once! Love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by audmac

I was looking for an alternative to my former hg-primetime which was disappointing me because my makeup was only lasting half the day in this warmer weather. Smashbox had a nice gwp deal going on at Ulta so I picked up the half ounce travel size for $16. It is working pretty well so far-my makeup barely fades all day, and no greasy forehead or chin like with my other primer. I'm happy with this and will probably repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by novbabycake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been looking for one primer for like months... when i read reviews about this product, i thought it will work for me but it does not.... does not help me with my oily T-Zone... maybe i can say my make up stay a little longer... not the whole day, more like midday... the worst part is i got very very small white bumps around the area i used... i am sure this product is the cause... I never change my daily regime for my makeup... so i stopped using it in a week... now i should move on to buy MAC Prep and Prime 50spf and see how it goes... sigh... waste my money.. =(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by ju1i4nn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Even though I use this product everyday - I am NOT a fan of it! I can't wait to use it up so I can try Studio Gear Prime Objective. When I first started using this primer, my face broke out for the first time in months. I think my skin's gotten used to it now because I no longer break out, but it still doesn't seem to do much for me. I don't notice a tremendous difference in the lasting power of my foundation when I use it and when I don't. I will NOT be repurchasing this.