October 20, 2014 | 2063 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by machochick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I prefer this one than the original formula. This one is very light, absorbs quickly, isn't sticky at all. Feels like you're not wearing anything, but your skin feels so smooth. Just a bit of this goes a long way. And really holds make up in place, all day!
This version is also good for acne-prone and / or senstive skin. It didn't break me out unlike the original one.
The best primer I've tried so far :) 'Nuff said.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by krista123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin, and I thought that photo finish light would be a good match for me. I was wrong.. it does notttthinggg for me! My skin is oily after an hour and my makeup comes off - especailly noticeable in pictures. Will definately not waste my money again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by canadiancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This primer broke my skin out faithfully every time I used it. I didn't want to blame the primer, considering that I paid $44 for it, but it is definitely the primer. A couple days after I started using it, I broke out in large, painful blemishes. I stopped using it for a week and my acne cleared up. I tried using it again for a couple days and the same thing happened. I have experimented with this primer several more times (using it for about 3 days and then stopping for a week or more) and every time the same thing happens.
As for what it actually does, it doesn't really do a whole lot. The main thing it did was make my skin feel as soft as a baby's, other than that I don't see any point in using it. Nothing special in terms of oil control, and I didn't really see any noticeable difference in how my makeup applied or how long it stayed on.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Cornpopgirl

It does absolutely nothing to control oil and causes break outs. Thank god I only bought the travel size ($15).

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by MeganHan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product, it feels nice going on, makes my skin feel smooth, and doesn't feel slick/oily. the only problem i have with this product is that while it doesnt cause me break out, it does absolutely NOTHING to control oil. i still find myself needing to blot literally 1-2 hours after i apply my makeup. i have used other mattifiers in the past, which have helped to control oil, but many of them also broke me out for some reason.. im still on the hunt for the perfect, oil free, oil controlling primer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 2:42:00 AM More reviews by bluenote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros: Feels weightless, makes my face feel smoother
Cons: No visible difference in how my makeup looks. Also makes my skin more prone to breakouts. Would not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by chickeeduck

I got this as a sample, which lasted for about 5 make up applications. I have tried Christian Dior, Clinique and Revlon primers, and was not necessarily impressed. I put in a 4 for packaging as I got it as a sample but since it is a pump, I can assume there will be product left that is rendered inaccessible as you get down to the end of the bottle.
On a daily basis I put on sunscreen spf 50, followed by light moisturizer. First attempt with the primer, I noticed it balled a bit once I put my BB Oil-Free cream foundation with a sponge. Not good.
Second time, I used my fingers to apply on the cream foundation with much success. It really did improve the texture of my skin, which has been looking a bit rough and "orange-like". No balling. I attempted this method the next couple of times, and it seemed to work consistently. I do find the product to be quite light, so you don't feel like you have much on, inspite or the layering of products that I go through every morning. Will purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2010 12:56:00 PM More reviews by kinoko13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

ok, im on my second bottle of this. i love the way it feels on my skin, it makes it so soft, dosent realy have a smell, packageing is nice. im in search of a new better primer for my oily skin though. it hasnt irratated or givin me breakouts but it dosent seem to help with my overly oily skin, and thats the maine reason i bought it. i do like it, if it only did what it said about the oil id love it.
btw this does last a long time, i got my first bottle for christmas, and my second the next christmas with a little left in the first. thats awsome.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by RachelOaktree

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was very dissapointed by this product. It feels so heavy and oily even when it's by itself, and the effect is multiplied when you try to add foundation. In fact, I've found it nearly impossible to wear with foundation because it rolls up into little balls when I try to smooth foundation over it. It does make pores appear smaller, but it also makes me break out like crazy, even though it is supposed to be light and my skin isn't all that sensitive. I don't recommend this product, it is a complete rip off. Even if it retailed for $5 I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2010 7:42:00 PM More reviews by gregswifey

I really liked this. It definitely made my pore less visible and my makeup stayed on all day. Before using this, I would have to redo my makeup half way through the day with numerous other touch ups. On a hot day, I might have to touch up once! Love this stuff!