April 17, 2014 | 1361 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Supermoisture Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2007 6:57:00 AM More reviews by dgjmommy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation/moisturizer. Goes on smoothly- not great for coverage but does not look caked on. I love the Dewy look that I get from this and it lasts most of the day. You can get a free sample at any clinique counter. Great product

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2007 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Madera

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love that sample. It works especially after using micro retin a, because it moisturized my parched skin. I still prefer Mineral Fusion makeup, and in the winter antiaging Repairwear by Clinique

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2007 2:37:00 PM More reviews by LadyBug_here

Skintype: DSPW
My skin is very dry, specially now in the autumn. Reading the rave reveiws here in MUA I decided to try this tinted moisturizer-like foundation.

PRO: Nice consitency and free from any fragrance and silicone. I suffered from no breakouts nor irritations (although I only tried the sample once).

CON: Clinique is still very backward and carries only 5 shades whereas none have yellow undertone. The foundation is stuffed with sparkles. For anyone who's looking for a daytime look this is not it.

I will not be purchasing this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2007 9:47:00 PM More reviews by odomcats

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried the sample from Allure magazine & really liked this makeup. It felt light yet evened out my complexion nicely-and I even have rosacea. I will buy this soon. It is $22,50 a tube-not a bad price at all. It really is akin to a tinted moisturerizer. I like how soft my skin felt even after I washed the foundation off.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2007 3:50:00 PM More reviews by kylesmom27

I was so excited to try this so I bought some yesterday. I used it today and yuck. It settled in my pores and I'm like greasy shiny. Not good. I do love that it's in a tube but that's the only plus for me. :(

**UPDATE** I've decided to rebuy this b/c my skin has been so dry lately. The MA applied Linen allover and set it with powder. No flakey dry spots which is a huge plus. Now if the ingredients won't bother me, we'll see.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2007 11:22:00 PM More reviews by sfhillerin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my gosh... wow. Just... wow. My face was DRIPPING oil before I even got to work. It was DISGUSTING. And I am not even an oily skinned person, though I do have shininess that strikes with the wrong product. And man, was this definitely the wrong product. This is definitely not for anyone who even thinks for a second that they might have an oil problem. But if you have REALLY dry skin... maybe it'll work?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2007 11:20:00 PM More reviews by vanbergc

UPDATE(9/30/07)***Bought the full-sized product. It's much heavier (more moisture) than the sample in Allure. It has no sparkles...think somebody above is reviewing a different product...and there are at least 12 shades (17, I think is advertised). If you can't find your shade here, you're in big trouble. Again, after I let this dry it's very matte on me. I'm glad I bought it, although I was taken aback for a few minutes by how really oily it felt. Then it just sunk in and left a lovely finish. Would buy again.*******What a perfect foundation for me. I'm aging w/combo-oily skin, and have been looking for a very sheer "no-makeup" look foundation or tinted moisterizer...last thing I need anymore is a heavy foundation. I was planning on purchasing Laura Mercier's Oil-Free Tinted Moisterizer, but before I got around to it, I tried the Supermoisture sample in Allure. Whoa...I was expecting another greasy foundation with too much "glow"(oily shine) for me. This however, while feeling wonderfully slippy and wet while applying, leaves a rather mattish finish, although not a dry, crusty, masky matte. A comfortable matte...kind of a satin finish, but virtually invisible. And now the trial...the test...I ride horses, so I'm out in the sun, sweating, oozing, dripping because it's such physical hard work. I also wear a darn helmet (which I'm sure saved my life one time), so it's even hotter up on my head. Now I'm expecting this makeup to sweat off, drip off, slide off, and look like I just rubbed my face with mineral oil (I don't usually wear any makeup when I ride...that would be suicide for my skin). NOT! This really outlasted my ride. Moist but matte(meaning not oily), and still nice. I had worn it over the oily/combo version of SuperDefense, so that may have had something to do with its staying power, I don't know, but suspect so. Regardless, I'm very impressed with this foundation and can't wait to purchase. I deem this a tinted moisturizer...it's very, very sheer, but Clinique claims its coverage ranges to medium...I wouldn't wear it that heavy. I like it because it's that ideal Your-Skin-But-Better look that I'm after, with staying power. Very, very nice.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2007 10:03:00 AM More reviews by kama79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

NW 20 with warm freckels, oily but dehydrated sensitive skin. I use this in Ivory. When I first swatched this in the department store I was kinda miffed because I could see a little microshimmer. I had hoped that this fdtn would keep its promise (hahaha) and give me luminous skin without cheating. When I swatched it again, I couldn't detect anything anymore, so maybe there was shimmer left from wiping my eye or smth. So I decided to buy it because I had liked the texture after all... and I don't regret it! In spring and summer I use MAC Studio Fix Liquid because my skin can do with a little more mattifying power then and I love how SF is long-lasting even on humid days. However, it is way too drying for my winter skin. Supermoisture might be exactly what I am looking for. It is NOT greasy at all but provides a good ammount of moisture. It is easy to blend in and my skin absorbs it in no time at all. And even though my skin looks glowy... it is still matte! it might not be mattifying but it definitely doesn't leave your skin with greasy shine. As for coverage, this is not bad after all. it is not too sheer by any means, provides just the amount of coverage a fdtn for normal skin should give and it is even buildable... you can apply two very thin layers instead of one and coverage is a lot heavier. I can see how this would work for most skintone. As I said, I HAVE oily skin, but it is also lacking mositure. This is heaven sent. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I love the way it looks, my skin love how it feels. Well done, Clinique.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2007 2:07:00 AM More reviews by MarleyPugh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A very nice new foundation! I'm thankful that FINALLY Clinique has some shades light enough for me (NC15). I can wear the two lightest shades in this foundation without looking masklike. It's creamy and goes on smooth. Although I have combo skin, I think this is comfortable to wear- doesn't make me feel greasy at all. The one thing I'm not fond of is the smell- it's not strong, but it is there- reminds me a little of greasepaint. All in all, will definitely keep using this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2007 10:41:00 AM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The formula is thick but seems to cover blemishes well. I need to find the proper shade, as the unnamed sample in the magazine was just a touch too light, though once all over my face it evened out and looked VERY natural. A nice glowy finish, with some slight sparkles in sunlight, but so much that it accentuated wrinkles or made me look blingy. I would buy this in the right shade for my skin, if my Gentle Light has indeed been discontinued. Somebody said it is coming back? Still the supermoisture is nice for those days when one needs more coverage.