Clinique Supermoisture Makeup

3.4

Ingredients: water, butylene glycol, glycerin, cyclopentasiloxane, neopentyl glycol diheptanoate, dimethicone, lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, evening primrose oil, peg-10 dimethicone, cladosiphon okamuranus extract, olive fruit extract, cranberry fruit extract, birch bark extract, aloe leaf water, cholesterol, sodium mannose phosphate, trehalose, tocopheryl acetate, sorbitol, peg-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, sodium hyaluronate, lecithin, trihydroxystearin, lauroyl lusine, dimethicone/peg 10-15 crosspolymer, zinc stearate, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, laureth-7, triethoxycaprylysilane, dextrin, magnesium aluminum silicate, sodium chloride, caprylyl glycol, xanthan gum, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol, mica, iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [iln32599].

on 10/19/2007 9:01:00 AM

Another superb foundation for people with very dry skin. Oily ladies, this isn't for you. Even the sample packet in magazines will mislead you, because those are only a "quality renditon" whatever that means. If you know what that means, please page me, LOL!! I was able to obtain a nice sized sample of this foundation at the Clinique counter this week, this is a new product from Clinique and right now there is a good sampling program at the counters. I was at Dillards. My SA squeezed out a huge sample into a little jar for me to bring home and try, after narrowing down that my NW20-ish skin shade would be the Neutral in the Clinique. She was very skilled and she only had to try two colors on me to get the right one. This foundation is super comfortable on the skin, and gives a very glowy effect. I tried my sample at home using the beautyblender sponge, and one little dab was all I needed to entirely cover my face. I used Smashbox Photo Finish SPF15 with Dermaxyl under it (apply and allow to dry.) I loved the way the foundation felt on my face, no stickiness or heavy feel, even though you can definitely build coverage with it. My face looked luminous, healthy, and the foundation did not settle into creases or lines. It even hid the flakiness I sometimes have around the nose area!! Wow! The texture is about halfway between a liquid and a cream, and so the squeeze tube packaging makes good sense. The luminous quality of this foundation reminds me a bit of the old Gentle Light which was my HG foundation for many years. I would definitely say there is shimmer here, but not obvious or theatrical at all. It gives the same candle-lit effect as Gentle Light did. I bet this is Clinique's answer to all of us who wrote to them after GL was discontinued! Not only would I buy this again, I would consider it close to a HG for me. Now I can only hope it sticks around for a while!

on 10/16/2007 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It's been about a week since I've started using this. I very much like it, so far. I have very dry skin, and this doesn't settle into the crease around my nose or look like frosting (and not the good kind) on top of my skin. My skin feels quite nice when this is on, soft, moist-ish. Was put off by the amount of sparkle in the tube, but you can't tell on the skin unless you're examining your skin in a lighted, magnifying mirror (ahem...). It just looks like glowing skin. Honest! The coverage is not bad, as other reviewers have said, sheer to medium. 1 lippie off because I'm not sure if it's absolutely the best thing ever, but am satisfied for now. Kind of expensive for kind of a small tube.

on 10/16/2007 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

While I hesitate to write a review just based on one use from a sample from a magazine (InStyle I believe), I feel compelled to write a review for Clinique's Supermoisture Makeup. I actually think this foundation feels great on my skin, nicely lightweight and non-drying. I also think the coverage is pretty good, somewhere between sheer and medium. My sample was definitely more towards medium, as this provided more coverage than my usual tinted moisturizer. I used a foundation brush and found Supermoisture to be very easy to spread and blend.

Unfortunately, I'm just three hours into wearing this foundation and I'm already looking oily and big pore-d. I would have loved to look dewy, but since my skin is oily to begin with I'm not surprised that this moisturizing foundation couldn't keep me more matte. I even put powder on before heading out the door, but that couldn't stop the shine. I can't knock the foundation for not keeping me very matte, though. It's clearly geared more towards dry-skinned folks, not oily-skinned folks. I'd think that this foundation wouldn't have enough moisture for those who tend to have extremely dry skin. I had some slightly dry patches by my mouth and Supermoisture went on smoothly after I exfoliated that area. I was rather impressed by that, since my usual arsenal of concealers and foundation tend to accentuate any dry skin and make it look worse.

Unfortunately I do have to knock off some points for the microshimmer in this foundation. It's clearly not from my powder, because I noticed the shimmer (I thought it was glitter at first!) before I put powder on. I can still see it a few hours later, especially under my eyes. While I guess having some shimmer under my eyes isn't so bad... but having it on my nose and forehead is pretty bad. I agree with LadyBug_here- shimmer all over the face is not a good daytime look, at least not for me. I'd rather have a choice as to whether I want to wear shimmer every day, and where on my face I want to wear it, instead of using a foundation that has shimmer in it.

I would recommend this to people who don't mind daily shimmer and are slightly dry to dry-skinned and not acne-prone. Three lippies for those people, but more like 2.5 or 2 lippies (mainly based on coverage and how it feels on the face) for us oily-skinned folks. Definitely try this before you buy, because the shimmer is not for everyone and I hope Clinique decides to remove it from the foundation's formula.

on 10/11/2007 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

A SA gave me samples in Ivory and Linen. I have combo skin- large pores with dry surface and oily under- bumpy rosacea surface. This foundation texture looked smooth on my skin and did leave my skin feeling even better after I washed it off. I got compliments from people at church on how I looked. I am NC/NW25 and the Ivory worked well. The linen is a little lighter and pinker, and also worked if I liked a cooler, lighter look on my skin. The only downside? The foundation bothered my blasted ocular rosacea eyes- so I would purchase if it didn't bother my eyes, but have to say, no I wouldn't buy again because of that.

on 10/7/2007 8:28:00 PM

UGH...I tried the sample of this product in Allure and I was completely unimpressed. I have combination skin, oily on my t-zone, yet i get dry patches on my cheeks.This stuff has an almost watery, sticky texture and it covers nothing. It left my skin feeling wet almost. Not good.

on 10/7/2007 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I was so excited about this product. I have dry, very sensitive skin, so when I saw the ad/sample in Allure, I thought, finally! Something just right for my skin! It does have an incredible texture and goes on really smoothly - my skin feels great with this stuff on. Unfortunately, it doesn't LOOK good. Supermoisture has essentially no coverage - less than many tinted moistureizers I've used - it didn't cover the redness in my cheeks, the large pores in my t-zone, or the blemish I had on my chin. It's absolutely PACKED with microshimmer. And while I can't really rate how the coverage holds up throughout the day, because I didn't see any coverage from it, the shimmer lasted through a sweaty, 95-degree afternoon at a football game.

on 10/5/2007 6:57:00 AM

I love this foundation/moisturizer. Goes on smoothly- not great for coverage but does not look caked on. I love the Dewy look that I get from this and it lasts most of the day. You can get a free sample at any clinique counter. Great product

on 10/3/2007 8:36:00 PM

Love that sample. It works especially after using micro retin a, because it moisturized my parched skin. I still prefer Mineral Fusion makeup, and in the winter antiaging Repairwear by Clinique

on 9/30/2007 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Skintype: DSPW
My skin is very dry, specially now in the autumn. Reading the rave reveiws here in MUA I decided to try this tinted moisturizer-like foundation.

PRO: Nice consitency and free from any fragrance and silicone. I suffered from no breakouts nor irritations (although I only tried the sample once).

CON: Clinique is still very backward and carries only 5 shades whereas none have yellow undertone. The foundation is stuffed with sparkles. For anyone who's looking for a daytime look this is not it.

I will not be purchasing this again.

on 9/29/2007 9:47:00 PM

I tried the sample from Allure magazine & really liked this makeup. It felt light yet evened out my complexion nicely-and I even have rosacea. I will buy this soon. It is $22,50 a tube-not a bad price at all. It really is akin to a tinted moisturerizer. I like how soft my skin felt even after I washed the foundation off.