Clinique Supermoisture Makeup

3.4

Ingredients: water, butylene glycol, glycerin, cyclopentasiloxane, neopentyl glycol diheptanoate, dimethicone, lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, evening primrose oil, peg-10 dimethicone, cladosiphon okamuranus extract, olive fruit extract, cranberry fruit extract, birch bark extract, aloe leaf water, cholesterol, sodium mannose phosphate, trehalose, tocopheryl acetate, sorbitol, peg-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, sodium hyaluronate, lecithin, trihydroxystearin, lauroyl lusine, dimethicone/peg 10-15 crosspolymer, zinc stearate, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, laureth-7, triethoxycaprylysilane, dextrin, magnesium aluminum silicate, sodium chloride, caprylyl glycol, xanthan gum, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol, mica, iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [iln32599].

on 10/16/2007 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

While I hesitate to write a review just based on one use from a sample from a magazine (InStyle I believe), I feel compelled to write a review for Clinique's Supermoisture Makeup. I actually think this foundation feels great on my skin, nicely lightweight and non-drying. I also think the coverage is pretty good, somewhere between sheer and medium. My sample was definitely more towards medium, as this provided more coverage than my usual tinted moisturizer. I used a foundation brush and found Supermoisture to be very easy to spread and blend.

Unfortunately, I'm just three hours into wearing this foundation and I'm already looking oily and big pore-d. I would have loved to look dewy, but since my skin is oily to begin with I'm not surprised that this moisturizing foundation couldn't keep me more matte. I even put powder on before heading out the door, but that couldn't stop the shine. I can't knock the foundation for not keeping me very matte, though. It's clearly geared more towards dry-skinned folks, not oily-skinned folks. I'd think that this foundation wouldn't have enough moisture for those who tend to have extremely dry skin. I had some slightly dry patches by my mouth and Supermoisture went on smoothly after I exfoliated that area. I was rather impressed by that, since my usual arsenal of concealers and foundation tend to accentuate any dry skin and make it look worse.

Unfortunately I do have to knock off some points for the microshimmer in this foundation. It's clearly not from my powder, because I noticed the shimmer (I thought it was glitter at first!) before I put powder on. I can still see it a few hours later, especially under my eyes. While I guess having some shimmer under my eyes isn't so bad... but having it on my nose and forehead is pretty bad. I agree with LadyBug_here- shimmer all over the face is not a good daytime look, at least not for me. I'd rather have a choice as to whether I want to wear shimmer every day, and where on my face I want to wear it, instead of using a foundation that has shimmer in it.

I would recommend this to people who don't mind daily shimmer and are slightly dry to dry-skinned and not acne-prone. Three lippies for those people, but more like 2.5 or 2 lippies (mainly based on coverage and how it feels on the face) for us oily-skinned folks. Definitely try this before you buy, because the shimmer is not for everyone and I hope Clinique decides to remove it from the foundation's formula.

on 10/11/2007 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

A SA gave me samples in Ivory and Linen. I have combo skin- large pores with dry surface and oily under- bumpy rosacea surface. This foundation texture looked smooth on my skin and did leave my skin feeling even better after I washed it off. I got compliments from people at church on how I looked. I am NC/NW25 and the Ivory worked well. The linen is a little lighter and pinker, and also worked if I liked a cooler, lighter look on my skin. The only downside? The foundation bothered my blasted ocular rosacea eyes- so I would purchase if it didn't bother my eyes, but have to say, no I wouldn't buy again because of that.

on 10/7/2007 8:28:00 PM

UGH...I tried the sample of this product in Allure and I was completely unimpressed. I have combination skin, oily on my t-zone, yet i get dry patches on my cheeks.This stuff has an almost watery, sticky texture and it covers nothing. It left my skin feeling wet almost. Not good.

on 10/7/2007 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I was so excited about this product. I have dry, very sensitive skin, so when I saw the ad/sample in Allure, I thought, finally! Something just right for my skin! It does have an incredible texture and goes on really smoothly - my skin feels great with this stuff on. Unfortunately, it doesn't LOOK good. Supermoisture has essentially no coverage - less than many tinted moistureizers I've used - it didn't cover the redness in my cheeks, the large pores in my t-zone, or the blemish I had on my chin. It's absolutely PACKED with microshimmer. And while I can't really rate how the coverage holds up throughout the day, because I didn't see any coverage from it, the shimmer lasted through a sweaty, 95-degree afternoon at a football game.

on 10/5/2007 6:57:00 AM

I love this foundation/moisturizer. Goes on smoothly- not great for coverage but does not look caked on. I love the Dewy look that I get from this and it lasts most of the day. You can get a free sample at any clinique counter. Great product

on 10/3/2007 8:36:00 PM

Love that sample. It works especially after using micro retin a, because it moisturized my parched skin. I still prefer Mineral Fusion makeup, and in the winter antiaging Repairwear by Clinique

on 9/30/2007 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Skintype: DSPW
My skin is very dry, specially now in the autumn. Reading the rave reveiws here in MUA I decided to try this tinted moisturizer-like foundation.

PRO: Nice consitency and free from any fragrance and silicone. I suffered from no breakouts nor irritations (although I only tried the sample once).

CON: Clinique is still very backward and carries only 5 shades whereas none have yellow undertone. The foundation is stuffed with sparkles. For anyone who's looking for a daytime look this is not it.

I will not be purchasing this again.

on 9/29/2007 9:47:00 PM

I tried the sample from Allure magazine & really liked this makeup. It felt light yet evened out my complexion nicely-and I even have rosacea. I will buy this soon. It is $22,50 a tube-not a bad price at all. It really is akin to a tinted moisturerizer. I like how soft my skin felt even after I washed the foundation off.

on 9/29/2007 3:50:00 PM

I was so excited to try this so I bought some yesterday. I used it today and yuck. It settled in my pores and I'm like greasy shiny. Not good. I do love that it's in a tube but that's the only plus for me. :(

**UPDATE** I've decided to rebuy this b/c my skin has been so dry lately. The MA applied Linen allover and set it with powder. No flakey dry spots which is a huge plus. Now if the ingredients won't bother me, we'll see.

on 9/28/2007 11:22:00 PM

Oh my gosh... wow. Just... wow. My face was DRIPPING oil before I even got to work. It was DISGUSTING. And I am not even an oily skinned person, though I do have shininess that strikes with the wrong product. And man, was this definitely the wrong product. This is definitely not for anyone who even thinks for a second that they might have an oil problem. But if you have REALLY dry skin... maybe it'll work?