July 25, 2014 | 1748 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Bent Eyeliner Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2008 8:33:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Perfection! Ive been using the MAC 266 and thought that was pretty good but this blows it out of the water...its so damn easy to get a even and ultra thin line its insane. I like this best with gel liners but can use it with powder shadows too. Staple brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2008 3:02:00 PM More reviews by turkey2083

Ridiculously awesome! I was not into eyeliner before owning this brush and now I can't get enough of it. I think it's a little confusing to try and get the hang of, but once you do it's awesome. If you don't think you like eyeliner or think you're bad at it this is the brush for you! Also, tell your friends that claim to hate eyeliner about this brush! I'm thankful my friend did. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 6:04:00 PM More reviews by simplyxjosey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

omg GODSEND! This eyeliner is amazing. It applies my fluidline perfectly. It gives great control and my lines aren't too think or too thick. I prefer this 10x better than angled eyeliners which I suck at using. With angled eye liners, my lines would be inconsistent and I'd mess up constantly. Sometimes they would be too thick, other times it was okay. With this eyeliner, I get perfect lines all the time. It's also super cheap. I can see 2 hairs already spraying so I don't know how well this will hold up but for the price, it definitely can't be beat. I got this just to try bent eyeliners and see how I feel about using them. If this one starts to shed or spray, I'll definitely look into investing in a more expensive one. I love love love love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2008 5:01:00 PM More reviews by ainslieface

Overall this brush is a 4 because the handle is too long and the bristles are starting to splay after a year, but I'm giving it a 5 for what you get for the price. I needed an eyeliner brush for my gel liner to draw a thin and precise line, and this does the job exceptionally.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2008 12:19:00 AM More reviews by raynie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

as the same problem that all the tip brush will incur, this brush shred and filled out crazily after only once or twice washes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2008 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Lutya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great brush for fluidlines or other gel eyeliners, at least that's what I use it for. I found the handle to be a little long (since I have to be two inches away from the mirror to see without my glasses), so I cut it down. Other than that, it's terrific!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2008 3:33:00 PM More reviews by satsuma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite of all my various eyeliner brushes, this is the one that makes applying cream & gel liners idiot proof (me being the idiot). The bent angle makes a huge difference to being able to get into the corner of the eye & draw a fine line with only the tip of the brush. Just be careful not to overload the brush with liner, the fibers really can pick up a lot of product. I've a lot of Kashuk brushes & love them all, as well as a lot of other eyeliner brushes (inc. Japonesque, Px, & some ultra fine taklon paint brushes) but this is one I can't live without. Its incredibly cheap for the quality ($6) compared to high end brushes for $20 or more and it works flawlessly every time. I can't see myself needing to replace this anytime soon unless I lose this by accident, but I'll definitely re-buy this over other brands if needed. For some weird reason this design isn't available in the prettier black handled Kashuk brush range at Target, only the white ones, but don't let that stop you - this one is simple, elegant & works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2008 12:25:00 AM More reviews by evie1121

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've heard great reviews of this brush on the board and couldn't find it for the longest time. Finally I found it at another Target and bought an extra just in case I loved it.

I finally got around to using it. And it's a great brush: since it's already bent; and just maneuver the brush to the shape of your eye.

Extra bonus for getting in the really hard to reach eye area; (inner lid). And at a great cost this brush is a winner :)

I've used the SK brush on a fluidline; it did give me a basic idea of where to place the f/l. It does take a lot of practice so don't give up. Practice makes perfect :)

I wished the bristles were a tad firmer.

**update***
Thanks to a mua gal who suggested using e/s as e/l.

I've tried this method recently, using the SK bent eyeliner brush.

Get a bit of water, dab the brush in e/s, dip it in the water and line your eyes.

It stayed until i took it off later that night; which rarely happens with pencil e/l on my oily skin (which usually smudges or disappears) after application.

kudos to SK for creating a reasonably priced brush that's very useful

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This came highly recommended by a respected member of the MUA community. I have several eyeliner brushes, a Clinique, a Prescriptives, a flat Sephora one, but none compares to this one. For $5.99 @ Target you get this little wonder of a brush that works beautifully at getting in close to the eye and drawing a perfect line of color. I have used this with my HIP cream liner and can't wait to try it with other products. I definitely will be investing in a backup(s). Well worth the money. All the hype is true!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2008 11:28:00 AM More reviews by shesparkles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wish my Target would get in more of these so I could buy a backup--I'm lazy about washing my e/l brush every night during busy work times and I wish I could use this every day. Anyway, this is the best eyeliner brush I have tried (compared to MAC 212, a similar flat Lancome brush with synthetic bristles, Fyrinnae's soft synthetic tiny angle e/l brush, SK's natural bristle angle brush similar to MAC 266, and a Utrecht art store pencil-type brush which is my current second favorite--yes, I've been on an e/l brush mission). I'm not a tightliner, and a wide flatline or angle brush is way too hard to control for normal lining, so it's definitely a pointy pencil type for me. SK's is perfect. The bristles are soft, the tip narrow enough for a delicate line and flexible enough to give a bolder one with more product and more pressure applied to it. The bend in the brush makes it easier to reach my eye comfortably without blocking myself in the mirror. I know Stila and SB make bent e/l brushes as well, but at 1/3 the price I cannot imagine why I'd depart from SK!