October 20, 2014 | 1895 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by JooYeon

HG status - I'm on my 4th compact. It gives me a wonderful oil control, and I barely have to blot my face anymore. It is a finely milled powder, but you can go overboard if you apply too much. I hope they never discontinue this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by LindsayRoseEliz

This powder is amazing! I'm on my second compact of this, which is unheard of for me since I always like trying new things. I never realized how much I loved it until I had to go without it for 6 months while i was in Europe (where the price of this converts to about 15-20 dollars USD). One of the first things I did when I got home was buy another one of these!

The fact of the matter is that this powder looks natural, keeps your face matte (or relatively so) throughout the day, and doesn't look cakey if you have to reapply it during those hot summer months. It also doesn't break out my sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by curlygirl03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS POWER. It hasn't made me break out, it's really fine milled, comes in a lot of colors, light, and never makes me look cakey. I need to touch up, once around lunch which is fine.
    Best one from the drugstore that I've ever tried. I don't have enough good things to say about it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

As someone who has issues with surface dehydration, I tend to avoid products that seem like they might be too drying. But I received this in a swap and I have to say, I quite like it. I reserve this for use only in the warmer months, because I don't use powder at all when it's cold and dry. This powder sets my makeup, and doesn't look powdery or cakey. I don't have to reapply throughout the day because it does a great job of keeping my makeup looking fresh.

I do sometimes like to wear powder alone on some days for a light coverage, but this doesn't work well for that at all, at least not on me. It doesn't offer much (or any, that I could tell) coverage on bare skin, and it made my flakes very apparent. But as a makeup setting powder? It's great.

I'm about NC15-20, and, the shade Cream seems to work really well for me.

I actually really like the puff it comes with. I use it to press the powder into my t zone, and it doesn't budge all day long. I use a powder brush to lightly dust it everywhere else, to keep it natural looking.

My friend who doesn't wear makeup at all had me do her makeup for a special event, and I used this on her. She liked it so much that I just let her keep it, and bought another.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by missminikat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of the few drugstore products I actually like. I bought this as a less pricey alternative to my MAC MSFN. I use this to set, not for coverage. It applies nicely and not cakey. It was easy enough to find a colour match but I don't usually have a problem with that. There could be a wider selection of shades though.

I like the packaging but I have heard complaints. I like the mirrored lower compartment but I don't store anything in it as I don't use the pad this comes with. I've occasionally had the mirrored compartment slide open in my purse but I've never had the powder's compartment open.

I don't know if this can be described as truly matte because if you look closely you'll notice a slight shimmer in the pan. I've never seen this shimmer translate onto my face but this might not be the best if you've got an issue with shine or oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by x3rjessikers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

While everyone raves about this product, I think this product is so so. I don't find it as amazing as everyone says. When I applied it to my face for the first time, it made my skin look like it was cracked. It brought out fine lines on my face that I really didn't think I had. I tried using this with a powder puff, a fluffy brush, a denser brush, nothing really worked. The product definitely mattified but I can't say for how long because once I saw the cracks, I immediate took it off. It looked a bit chalky on my skin as well. I wanted to like it, but it's not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by asianwifey

Compact look sleek but why does it have to turn to the side and mirror is down under the sponge. Just makes it difficult for u to apply even more. Color shades are limited yo get. I couldn't find the right shade. So either I look too dark or too light. Good coverage then most powders and silky smooth. wish maybelline had more shades to choose from. Compact is super cheap looking and light. I would buy it again ig there were more shades to choose from. Overall its a hit and miss for oily skin girls.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by lovewithoutlimits

I'm liking this product so far. It gets the job done for what I need: setting my concealer, obsorbing oil, make my skin shine-free and somewhat matte. I actually really like the twisty mirror and puff, for the times I don't have a mirror or a brush by my side.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by lydiaxaidyl

I don't really wear powder anymore, but I do recommend this product for those who have oily skin and are looking for something that'll keep their skin matte throughout the day. The powder goes on smoothly and doesn't look chalky unless you overdo it haha. I got this in light and I'm around an nc 20-25.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Dream matte pressed powder is a nice pressed powder that i use over a more shinnier foundation! I got this one in beige which is a medium beige. It's matte,it blends easily into the skin and over a foundation. It's matte but you can still obtain a subtle dewy finish! It last long! Love it!