April 16, 2014 | 948 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

I tried this in the winter (have dry/combo skin) and it made my dry patches on my skin look SO horrible. It was *too* mattifying. I also think it may have made me break out. I got it in light and it is pretty much translucent with no coverage.
    I might try again now that its summertime and my skin is oily..its also cheap enough (around $5). I also don't like that its kind of gritty feeling? Weird.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm NC25 and have this in Cream Light 4-5. This is a finely milled, silky, slightly luminous (has a dust of silver sparkles if you hold directly under sunlight you can see) mattifying powder. It truly holds oil throughout the day & works great as a setting powder. My only drawback is the shade, there's only 4 to choose from and all the others looked too dark in the pan. I bought this during winter so I was even more pale, I could probably try it for the summer now. Anyways, this shade appears gray/ashy on me and makes my skin look tired and dull. Such a bummer.

P.S. This offers NO coverage, it sole purpose is to mattify skin!
    P.P.S. You can twist off the bottom mirror/sponge portion & break it off. The lid will still securely close the powder & will fit most mu bags then.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by gnikole2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a pretty good powder considering its drugstore , quite cheap as well
    but not on my "list"
    i like very fine milled powders , that glides on your skin like silk - and this does not fit the bill
    it also oxidizes on my skin after about 4-5 hours , my t-zone and nose becoming shiny and oily

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by itsAmybby

I got this product for about $11, it was worth every penny. The powder is finely milled; instantly mattifies dewy-oily foundation. I have dry skin but sometimes wearing bb cream makes my skin appear too oily to I apply this and I'm good for the rest of the day. No touch ups needed!

To be honest, I'm not even sure why I wasted so much on my MUFE HD loose setting powder because this product gives a better result than the MUFE.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by mantharay27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought two of these because of the first one shattered, but I'm not sure if I'll buy again. I said yes, anyway, haha.

It has a very matte finish just as it claims. It has little to no coverage, which I figured out when I realized I had bought the lightest shade the first time and the second darkest the second time and they looked exactly the same on my skin haha.

It doesn't control oil for me, though. This is the kind of powder that I have to touch up every couple of hours, which is not something I do. Ever. (I hang out with a lot of guys and they'd never let me live it down anyway) Also, I don't really have oily skin, so I'm not sure what this would do for oily skin. The immediate results are pretty nice, though. I have slightly bumpy skin, and this definitely accentuates those bumps at first, which I'm not a big fan of.

I like the packaging, for some reason. It's a little clumsy, but not bad. The packaging withstood the fall from my dresser, but the powder didn't. It was still kind of useable when shattered, but way too hard for me to do every morning.

The price is definitely doable-- even at CVS, it's only $6... you can probably get it for $3 elsewhere, though, haha.

Overall, I think this would make a nice setting powder. But for people like me who want a powder over sunscreen and go kind of product for all day, it's really not a good choice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by nola80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is hands down the best drugstore powder in my opinion! I was using my MAC Studio Careblend but it's expensive and doesn't last too long and not mattifying at all, I picked this up due to reviews and I haven't been disappointed. The only problem with this is the color selection, I use Honey which is the darkest shade I've found anywhere and is lighter than I would like since I've tanned this summer but my bronzer can fix that problem. I love the brightening effect it gives my skin (for ref I'm NC42) and keeps me oil free for about 6-7 hours before blotting. I used this in the Philippines when I was there for 2 weeks and it held up pretty well in 100% humidity.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2012 1:45:00 AM More reviews by teeheehee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Despite the awesome reviews for this product I really do not like it. It feels really nice and silky in the compact but it does not keep me matte and whenever I use this i get clogged pores. Womp womp womp!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by sophiebo88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this powder it brilliant, i,m not a fan of maybelline products..but i love this powder, best one i've ever used

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by lilyofthevalley47

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've jumped onto the Dream Matte bandwagon! And I'm glad I did! I got the wrong color boohooooo it's too pink/light for me, but it blends in very well! The coverage is sheer, so the color difference is not obvious at all (but if you're looking for a full coverage powder - this is not the one). Keeps my T-zone (which is all I need it for, really) matte better than any has ever. Maybelline Dream Matte powder > Mac Studio Fix powder fdtn. I love the smooth finish this gives my skin. Yayy!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by mascara12345

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this powder! It is so wonderful, it leaves skin matte and nice looking. I have been using it for so long and don't really have a desire to switch. I have combination skin, so i do have to keep reaplying throughout the day to control the oilyness, but it really doesn't get cakey or chalkey or anything. I actually just usually wear it alone and it has pretty good coverage for red areas and stuff. It also makes my pores look smaller which is nice. It just gives me a nice natural looking matte, i would highly recommend it to anyone that doesn't have dry skin (sometimes it makes my dry areas flake, usually in the winter). I also love the packaging, it is so managable and easy to use.