September 1, 2014 | 1962 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by curlygirl03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS POWER. It hasn't made me break out, it's really fine milled, comes in a lot of colors, light, and never makes me look cakey. I need to touch up, once around lunch which is fine.
Best one from the drugstore that I've ever tried. I don't have enough good things to say about it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

As someone who has issues with surface dehydration, I tend to avoid products that seem like they might be too drying. But I received this in a swap and I have to say, I quite like it. I reserve this for use only in the warmer months, because I don't use powder at all when it's cold and dry. This powder sets my makeup, and doesn't look powdery or cakey. I don't have to reapply throughout the day because it does a great job of keeping my makeup looking fresh.

I do sometimes like to wear powder alone on some days for a light coverage, but this doesn't work well for that at all, at least not on me. It doesn't offer much (or any, that I could tell) coverage on bare skin, and it made my flakes very apparent. But as a makeup setting powder? It's great.

I'm about NC15-20, and, the shade Cream seems to work really well for me.

I actually really like the puff it comes with. I use it to press the powder into my t zone, and it doesn't budge all day long. I use a powder brush to lightly dust it everywhere else, to keep it natural looking.

My friend who doesn't wear makeup at all had me do her makeup for a special event, and I used this on her. She liked it so much that I just let her keep it, and bought another.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by missminikat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of the few drugstore products I actually like. I bought this as a less pricey alternative to my MAC MSFN. I use this to set, not for coverage. It applies nicely and not cakey. It was easy enough to find a colour match but I don't usually have a problem with that. There could be a wider selection of shades though.

I like the packaging but I have heard complaints. I like the mirrored lower compartment but I don't store anything in it as I don't use the pad this comes with. I've occasionally had the mirrored compartment slide open in my purse but I've never had the powder's compartment open.

I don't know if this can be described as truly matte because if you look closely you'll notice a slight shimmer in the pan. I've never seen this shimmer translate onto my face but this might not be the best if you've got an issue with shine or oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by x3rjessikers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

While everyone raves about this product, I think this product is so so. I don't find it as amazing as everyone says. When I applied it to my face for the first time, it made my skin look like it was cracked. It brought out fine lines on my face that I really didn't think I had. I tried using this with a powder puff, a fluffy brush, a denser brush, nothing really worked. The product definitely mattified but I can't say for how long because once I saw the cracks, I immediate took it off. It looked a bit chalky on my skin as well. I wanted to like it, but it's not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by asianwifey

Compact look sleek but why does it have to turn to the side and mirror is down under the sponge. Just makes it difficult for u to apply even more. Color shades are limited yo get. I couldn't find the right shade. So either I look too dark or too light. Good coverage then most powders and silky smooth. wish maybelline had more shades to choose from. Compact is super cheap looking and light. I would buy it again ig there were more shades to choose from. Overall its a hit and miss for oily skin girls.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by lovewithoutlimits

I'm liking this product so far. It gets the job done for what I need: setting my concealer, obsorbing oil, make my skin shine-free and somewhat matte. I actually really like the twisty mirror and puff, for the times I don't have a mirror or a brush by my side.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by lydiaxaidyl

I don't really wear powder anymore, but I do recommend this product for those who have oily skin and are looking for something that'll keep their skin matte throughout the day. The powder goes on smoothly and doesn't look chalky unless you overdo it haha. I got this in light and I'm around an nc 20-25.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Dream matte pressed powder is a nice pressed powder that i use over a more shinnier foundation! I got this one in beige which is a medium beige. It's matte,it blends easily into the skin and over a foundation. It's matte but you can still obtain a subtle dewy finish! It last long! Love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

I tried this in the winter (have dry/combo skin) and it made my dry patches on my skin look SO horrible. It was *too* mattifying. I also think it may have made me break out. I got it in light and it is pretty much translucent with no coverage.
I might try again now that its summertime and my skin is oily..its also cheap enough (around $5). I also don't like that its kind of gritty feeling? Weird.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm NC25 and have this in Cream Light 4-5. This is a finely milled, silky, slightly luminous (has a dust of silver sparkles if you hold directly under sunlight you can see) mattifying powder. It truly holds oil throughout the day & works great as a setting powder. My only drawback is the shade, there's only 4 to choose from and all the others looked too dark in the pan. I bought this during winter so I was even more pale, I could probably try it for the summer now. Anyways, this shade appears gray/ashy on me and makes my skin look tired and dull. Such a bummer.

P.S. This offers NO coverage, it sole purpose is to mattify skin!
P.P.S. You can twist off the bottom mirror/sponge portion & break it off. The lid will still securely close the powder & will fit most mu bags then.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No