July 31, 2014 | 1925 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by asianwifey

Compact look sleek but why does it have to turn to the side and mirror is down under the sponge. Just makes it difficult for u to apply even more. Color shades are limited yo get. I couldn't find the right shade. So either I look too dark or too light. Good coverage then most powders and silky smooth. wish maybelline had more shades to choose from. Compact is super cheap looking and light. I would buy it again ig there were more shades to choose from. Overall its a hit and miss for oily skin girls.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by lovewithoutlimits

I'm liking this product so far. It gets the job done for what I need: setting my concealer, obsorbing oil, make my skin shine-free and somewhat matte. I actually really like the twisty mirror and puff, for the times I don't have a mirror or a brush by my side.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by lydiaxaidyl

I don't really wear powder anymore, but I do recommend this product for those who have oily skin and are looking for something that'll keep their skin matte throughout the day. The powder goes on smoothly and doesn't look chalky unless you overdo it haha. I got this in light and I'm around an nc 20-25.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Dream matte pressed powder is a nice pressed powder that i use over a more shinnier foundation! I got this one in beige which is a medium beige. It's matte,it blends easily into the skin and over a foundation. It's matte but you can still obtain a subtle dewy finish! It last long! Love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

I tried this in the winter (have dry/combo skin) and it made my dry patches on my skin look SO horrible. It was *too* mattifying. I also think it may have made me break out. I got it in light and it is pretty much translucent with no coverage.
I might try again now that its summertime and my skin is oily..its also cheap enough (around $5). I also don't like that its kind of gritty feeling? Weird.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm NC25 and have this in Cream Light 4-5. This is a finely milled, silky, slightly luminous (has a dust of silver sparkles if you hold directly under sunlight you can see) mattifying powder. It truly holds oil throughout the day & works great as a setting powder. My only drawback is the shade, there's only 4 to choose from and all the others looked too dark in the pan. I bought this during winter so I was even more pale, I could probably try it for the summer now. Anyways, this shade appears gray/ashy on me and makes my skin look tired and dull. Such a bummer.

P.S. This offers NO coverage, it sole purpose is to mattify skin!
P.P.S. You can twist off the bottom mirror/sponge portion & break it off. The lid will still securely close the powder & will fit most mu bags then.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by gnikole2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a pretty good powder considering its drugstore , quite cheap as well
but not on my "list"
i like very fine milled powders , that glides on your skin like silk - and this does not fit the bill
it also oxidizes on my skin after about 4-5 hours , my t-zone and nose becoming shiny and oily

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by itsAmybby

I got this product for about $11, it was worth every penny. The powder is finely milled; instantly mattifies dewy-oily foundation. I have dry skin but sometimes wearing bb cream makes my skin appear too oily to I apply this and I'm good for the rest of the day. No touch ups needed!

To be honest, I'm not even sure why I wasted so much on my MUFE HD loose setting powder because this product gives a better result than the MUFE.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by mantharay27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought two of these because of the first one shattered, but I'm not sure if I'll buy again. I said yes, anyway, haha.

It has a very matte finish just as it claims. It has little to no coverage, which I figured out when I realized I had bought the lightest shade the first time and the second darkest the second time and they looked exactly the same on my skin haha.

It doesn't control oil for me, though. This is the kind of powder that I have to touch up every couple of hours, which is not something I do. Ever. (I hang out with a lot of guys and they'd never let me live it down anyway) Also, I don't really have oily skin, so I'm not sure what this would do for oily skin. The immediate results are pretty nice, though. I have slightly bumpy skin, and this definitely accentuates those bumps at first, which I'm not a big fan of.

I like the packaging, for some reason. It's a little clumsy, but not bad. The packaging withstood the fall from my dresser, but the powder didn't. It was still kind of useable when shattered, but way too hard for me to do every morning.

The price is definitely doable-- even at CVS, it's only $6... you can probably get it for $3 elsewhere, though, haha.

Overall, I think this would make a nice setting powder. But for people like me who want a powder over sunscreen and go kind of product for all day, it's really not a good choice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by nola80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is hands down the best drugstore powder in my opinion! I was using my MAC Studio Careblend but it's expensive and doesn't last too long and not mattifying at all, I picked this up due to reviews and I haven't been disappointed. The only problem with this is the color selection, I use Honey which is the darkest shade I've found anywhere and is lighter than I would like since I've tanned this summer but my bronzer can fix that problem. I love the brightening effect it gives my skin (for ref I'm NC42) and keeps me oil free for about 6-7 hours before blotting. I used this in the Philippines when I was there for 2 weeks and it held up pretty well in 100% humidity.