April 19, 2014 | 1064 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2009 2:01:00 PM More reviews by waterdroplets

this is a highly effect exfoliator in that it will give your skin a tighter, smoother appearance after one use, and its gentle in that the grains are very very small, and won't damage the surface of your skin.

For my skin type personally, I cannot use this exfoliator everyday. Rather, I use it every three days and it keeps my pores looking clean and tightened.

Packaging is okay, sort of clunky to use since you only want to squeeze out a very small amount. I don't mind the scent, scent is never a factor I take into consideration, as long as it does its job. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a gentle, yet effective exfoliator!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by sparkpoetry

Have been using this with in conjunction with purity and hope in a jar for a few weeks. It really is safe to use multiple times a week. I don't have a problem with the smell. Keep in mind this doesn't remove makeup--you should really use something else to take that off. You could follow Purity face wash with this and it works well. My skin feels smooth and it appears to be helping my acne marks as well. I wouldn't recommend exfoliating too harshly (or possibly at all) if you active break outs as this can make the situation worse, but generally it's gentle enough for frequent use. These beads are pretty fine (unlike st. ives apricot scrub, for example). Bought as part of the Jump Starters Kit.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by snoopy126

This is expensive compared to drugstore brands but I like that it doesn't have an overpowering scented (it is practically unscented) and I can use it often without it stripping my skin which is combo to oily. I can even use it in the winter months. I wish they'd sell whatever the buffing beads are suspended in alone because it doesn't irritate my skin in any way. A little goes a long way so a bottle usually last me many, many months.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2009 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just bought this recently as a cheaper alternative to the microdelivery 2 part kit. I received a sample of the 2 part kit and tried it one day out of curiosity. It left my skin feeling smooth and soft while still being very gentle. I was impressed but was disappointed to find out it was $65 for a moderate amount but I saw this for less than half the price so I bought it. I really like how it smooths out my skin and seems to exfoliate well. I have the type of skin that refuses to go through the normal renewal process on it's own, resulting in dull skin and clogged pores. I have been having good luck with the Clarisonic but after a month it seems to have lost some of it's efficiency so I bought this to help. So far so good, I seem to have the radiance back that I had when I first started using the Clarisonic so I hope I continue to have good results. Will update if anything changes.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Charlie87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this with high hopes from reading the rave reviews. Unfortunately this clogged up my skin and was too harsh for every day use as it is an exfoliating product. I also couldn't stand the smell which is like putting raw egg on your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2009 3:18:00 AM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

EXCELLENT face exfoliating wash, my skin is sensitive and this exfolaiting wash lather's well, without eye irritations, my face felt smoother and healthier in appearances, a definite BIG THUMBS UP!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 12:25:00 PM More reviews by iheartMUA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this product yesterday at Sephora and I can tell you, I will NEVER let myself run out of this stuff and this is just after ONE use...I have great skin anyway, but I am getting older (37) and wanted to use something that would take away the years of "stuff" I've put on my face and skin...My skin literally glowed after I used this.....I didn't have to put on half the makeup today to get that matte flawless look...I already had it....

This stuff is awesome ! ! !

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2009 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Frogilina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've just started using my second bottle of this stuff and didn't intend to repurchase until near the end of my first bottle when I shook it up before dispensing it. It made so much of a difference for the better that I feel shaking the bottle well should be included in the directions for use. The consistency of this wash is that of very, very fine granules which I find gentle enough to use daily on a wet face. My skin can be quite sensitive but I've experienced no irritation or any other problems with this product, just happier skin!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2009 2:13:00 AM More reviews by bcolei

I don't know what it is with Philosophy products, but pretty much anything I have tried with this line makes my skin worse. Much worse. The Purity cleanser didn't do enough, so I thought I needed a deeper cleaner, but this caused me to break out even more. Along with the H20, On A Clear Day, and The Supernatural, I ended up giving all of my stuff to a friend.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by lgcamper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

An excellent mild "everyday" exfoliator for oily to normal skin. If your skin is very sensitive then I would use it less often but the micro beads (of whatever the little scrubbies are) are so finely textured that to miss out on trying this product would be a shame. Very nice clean feeling without feeling over-stripped.