August 23, 2014 | 1864 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2009 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Orangatrang

I've used sooo many scrubs, and they've all been ehh--decent, but this one is amazing!
It's doesn't have use beads like others where you feel like you are rubbing seeds on your face, but rather a fine, sand like, consistency. AND IT FOAMS. And we all know how much we love the foam.

It made my skin so damn smooth, it's amazing! My skin is pretty sensitive and turns red often, but it didn't react at all tot his scrub. I love it. After I wash my face with a gentle cleanser(Cetaphil or purity, whichever is handy), I follow with this for 30 sec and my face is soft like a baby's. Will buy again and again and again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by lalalie_xoxo

I've been using this so far for two weeks and I have to admit that out of all the scrubs that I've tried (mostly d/s or mid-end priced) I love this one the best.

First of all, what I typically do is use this twice a week on Tuesdays and Saturdays at the end of the day. I'll wash my face and makeup off with Purity, Scrub with this exfoliating wash, moisturize with Clinique's Moisture Surge Moisturizer, and then finish off with Biore's Preservationist eye cream. I prefer not to use it in the morning, even though this was suggested by the beautician, because I'm too afraid of exposing newly exfoliated skin to the sun, makeup, dirt, etc. In addition, even though it says on the bottle that you can use it everyday, I already know that my skin is too sensitive to be exfoliated everyday, at maximum I think you should only exfoliate three times a week.

I have to admit, there is a smell, but I only notice it initially when I first apply the product to my face, after that I can just continue with the scrubbing. I love the results I've gotten for my sensitive, dry, somewhat temperamental Asian skin--my makeup has been applying better with less of the dry patches and even when I'm not wearing makeup I don't have to worry about peeling on my nose/cheeks/forehead. What I like most about this is that it is non-drying (even if I choose not to moisturize after) and the granules are just enough for me to get the results I want (not too big or too small).

I highly recommend this product if you want to be able to use something intermittently throughout the week. I don't really want to risk trying to scrub my face everyday since I don't know how my skin would react and I'm already happy with the results I have now. Perhaps after I move to Norway this year and I've used this in a true, snowing winter I've give this product an update.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by tototoo

This is a gentle yet effective scrub that can be used every day. it has improved tone and texture for me. Make sure your face is clean before using - you really don't want to scrub in grime/makeup into your skin. I use this after Philosophy Purity cleanser - The absolute best IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by qishopgal

I have had good luck with Philosophy products before and thought I would try this. I am in early 40's, and does a great job for me. I have combo skin and I use this in the AM. Have purchased this several times and am VERY happy. Just wish it wasn't so expensive.
The smaller flip top bottles are pretty easy to use. Have not had the pump.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2009 10:50:00 PM More reviews by SoPolished

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is not a bad product. It worked ok, but its just not any different than any other otc microdermabrasion product. So- with that said, I will not buy it agai simply because of the price.

I can get the same result...for a lot less $$$

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2009 2:01:00 PM More reviews by waterdroplets

this is a highly effect exfoliator in that it will give your skin a tighter, smoother appearance after one use, and its gentle in that the grains are very very small, and won't damage the surface of your skin.

For my skin type personally, I cannot use this exfoliator everyday. Rather, I use it every three days and it keeps my pores looking clean and tightened.

Packaging is okay, sort of clunky to use since you only want to squeeze out a very small amount. I don't mind the scent, scent is never a factor I take into consideration, as long as it does its job. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a gentle, yet effective exfoliator!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by sparkpoetry

Have been using this with in conjunction with purity and hope in a jar for a few weeks. It really is safe to use multiple times a week. I don't have a problem with the smell. Keep in mind this doesn't remove makeup--you should really use something else to take that off. You could follow Purity face wash with this and it works well. My skin feels smooth and it appears to be helping my acne marks as well. I wouldn't recommend exfoliating too harshly (or possibly at all) if you active break outs as this can make the situation worse, but generally it's gentle enough for frequent use. These beads are pretty fine (unlike st. ives apricot scrub, for example). Bought as part of the Jump Starters Kit.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by snoopy126

This is expensive compared to drugstore brands but I like that it doesn't have an overpowering scented (it is practically unscented) and I can use it often without it stripping my skin which is combo to oily. I can even use it in the winter months. I wish they'd sell whatever the buffing beads are suspended in alone because it doesn't irritate my skin in any way. A little goes a long way so a bottle usually last me many, many months.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2009 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just bought this recently as a cheaper alternative to the microdelivery 2 part kit. I received a sample of the 2 part kit and tried it one day out of curiosity. It left my skin feeling smooth and soft while still being very gentle. I was impressed but was disappointed to find out it was $65 for a moderate amount but I saw this for less than half the price so I bought it. I really like how it smooths out my skin and seems to exfoliate well. I have the type of skin that refuses to go through the normal renewal process on it's own, resulting in dull skin and clogged pores. I have been having good luck with the Clarisonic but after a month it seems to have lost some of it's efficiency so I bought this to help. So far so good, I seem to have the radiance back that I had when I first started using the Clarisonic so I hope I continue to have good results. Will update if anything changes.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Charlie87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this with high hopes from reading the rave reviews. Unfortunately this clogged up my skin and was too harsh for every day use as it is an exfoliating product. I also couldn't stand the smell which is like putting raw egg on your face.