Philosophy the microdelivery exfoliating wash

4.1

Water (Aqua), Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids, Diatomaceous Earth, Acrylates/Steareth 20 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Tocotrienols, Panthenol, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

on 7/6/2009 6:29:00 PM

This is a great exfoliator. The exfoliating particles are fine and seems to really smooth out my face. It is also not over-drying so it can be used on a daily basis and it is very easy to rinse off. The only problem is that the gel that holds the scrubbies dries up really quickly making it hard to exfoliate for a longer amount of time.

Edit: I would also like to note that it's good to shake up the bottle each time before use. Sometimes the exfoliants separate from the gel and sink to the bottom

on 6/29/2009 3:05:00 PM

I loved this product. I used it for about a month and my face felt so clean after I used it and it improved the color of my skin....it seemed to have a glow to it and removed all the dead skin and my dry patches went away. I loved this and will buy it again after I finish this other skin care line I started using.

on 6/21/2009 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i use the microdelivery wash every night. I can really get a good scrubbing of the grime on the sides of my nose and under my lip. When paired with the philosophy exfoliating cloths my face is smooth and baby soft. definitely a keeper. This wash is also perfect before foundation application.keeps flakies at bay. only con is that the you have to shake the bottle before pouring it out becauses the particles tend to settle. other than that, its a winner!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This product is amazing. Does a really good job cleaning and exfoliating. I use this in the morning and the Purity cleanser in the night. This cleans and exfoliates just enough without making my acne skin irritated. I have not tried it with the microdelivery cloths, but plan on trying them soon. The packaging is easy to dispense from. The smell is the only thing I hate. The smell is very off putting. I would love it if they made it more like purity. Other then that, no complaints. I will continue to buy and just ignore the smell - yes it is that worth it.

on 6/9/2009 11:09:00 AM

Love this wash. As others before me have noted, the grains are tiny, and not the least bit uncomfortable on your skin. My skin feels AMAZINGLY soft - I want to keep touching it.
I've been using this for a few weeks now and I will repurchase it. It gets slightly foam-y as you gently scrub and it washes of easily with no remains on the skin.

One reviewer said they didn't feel clean - Maybe try mixing a bit of this in with your Purity cleanser. This on it's own isn't a facial cleanser :)

on 5/23/2009 3:53:00 AM

I really wanted to love this, but it was waaay to harsh for my delicate, sensitive skin. It made me get red bumps all over my face and felt like putting little knives on my face instead of using a light scrub. Might be good for oilier/thicker skin, but not for me.

on 5/20/2009 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I really like this scrub. My skin is very sensitive and scrubs often aggrevate my acne or burn my skin off. This is perfect. Very mild and gentle. I use it in the morning before my acne wash and my face feels really smooth soft. My acne treatments and moisturizers absorb better. If you prefer a serious "brillo pad" type scrub, you won't like this, it is REALLY gentle.

on 5/13/2009 5:17:00 PM

I like this scrub, but I just don't get that I love this scrub feeling. I don't feel like it really cleans but after reading other reviews maybe I need to use purity first, I was using this as my main wash. It does foam which I like. THe bottle (8 oz) lasts forever and it's paraben free. I'm still on the fence whether or not I will repurchase.

on 5/12/2009 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

After using this product for an extended period of time, I've come back to re-write my review and change my rating. This has gone from a 4 to a 5+++ to me. I have dry/sensitive skin, so finding an exfoliant to keep my flakies away while at the same time not irritating my skin has always been a challenge. Until now, that is. I can use this every day without irritation. It is so gentle, but incredibly effective. My skin is glowy, and the difference in how much better my makeup applies is astounding. I'd been using baking soda mixed in with my cleanser, but this is much more convenient and does a superior job. Along with their regular cleanser, Purity Made Simple, philosophy's MDEW is definitely a holy grail!

on 5/12/2009 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a very nice product from Philosophy, whose skin care products I love or hate. It's just Real Purity with scrubbing grains, but they did it right--not too scrubby, not too liquid-y, just right. It's perfect for a light exfoliation that won't leave your skin red, flaky, or traumatized. I love using it in the morning--my moisturizer absorbs better and my skin looks very smooth under makeup. I started with a sample of this, but have bought the full size. Thanks, Philosophy!

Update: after having used this for two weeks, I have to say that my skin looks fabulous. Between this and using PTR's UnWrinkle Peel Pads 2-3 times a week, even my melasma is less pronounced. My skin is smoother, softer, and more even toned. Hooray!