Philosophy the microdelivery exfoliating wash

4.1

Water (Aqua), Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids, Diatomaceous Earth, Acrylates/Steareth 20 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Tocotrienols, Panthenol, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This product is amazing. Does a really good job cleaning and exfoliating. I use this in the morning and the Purity cleanser in the night. This cleans and exfoliates just enough without making my acne skin irritated. I have not tried it with the microdelivery cloths, but plan on trying them soon. The packaging is easy to dispense from. The smell is the only thing I hate. The smell is very off putting. I would love it if they made it more like purity. Other then that, no complaints. I will continue to buy and just ignore the smell - yes it is that worth it.

on 6/9/2009 11:09:00 AM

Love this wash. As others before me have noted, the grains are tiny, and not the least bit uncomfortable on your skin. My skin feels AMAZINGLY soft - I want to keep touching it.
I've been using this for a few weeks now and I will repurchase it. It gets slightly foam-y as you gently scrub and it washes of easily with no remains on the skin.

One reviewer said they didn't feel clean - Maybe try mixing a bit of this in with your Purity cleanser. This on it's own isn't a facial cleanser :)

on 5/23/2009 3:53:00 AM

I really wanted to love this, but it was waaay to harsh for my delicate, sensitive skin. It made me get red bumps all over my face and felt like putting little knives on my face instead of using a light scrub. Might be good for oilier/thicker skin, but not for me.

on 5/20/2009 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I really like this scrub. My skin is very sensitive and scrubs often aggrevate my acne or burn my skin off. This is perfect. Very mild and gentle. I use it in the morning before my acne wash and my face feels really smooth soft. My acne treatments and moisturizers absorb better. If you prefer a serious "brillo pad" type scrub, you won't like this, it is REALLY gentle.

on 5/13/2009 5:17:00 PM

I like this scrub, but I just don't get that I love this scrub feeling. I don't feel like it really cleans but after reading other reviews maybe I need to use purity first, I was using this as my main wash. It does foam which I like. THe bottle (8 oz) lasts forever and it's paraben free. I'm still on the fence whether or not I will repurchase.

on 5/12/2009 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

After using this product for an extended period of time, I've come back to re-write my review and change my rating. This has gone from a 4 to a 5+++ to me. I have dry/sensitive skin, so finding an exfoliant to keep my flakies away while at the same time not irritating my skin has always been a challenge. Until now, that is. I can use this every day without irritation. It is so gentle, but incredibly effective. My skin is glowy, and the difference in how much better my makeup applies is astounding. I'd been using baking soda mixed in with my cleanser, but this is much more convenient and does a superior job. Along with their regular cleanser, Purity Made Simple, philosophy's MDEW is definitely a holy grail!

on 5/12/2009 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a very nice product from Philosophy, whose skin care products I love or hate. It's just Real Purity with scrubbing grains, but they did it right--not too scrubby, not too liquid-y, just right. It's perfect for a light exfoliation that won't leave your skin red, flaky, or traumatized. I love using it in the morning--my moisturizer absorbs better and my skin looks very smooth under makeup. I started with a sample of this, but have bought the full size. Thanks, Philosophy!

Update: after having used this for two weeks, I have to say that my skin looks fabulous. Between this and using PTR's UnWrinkle Peel Pads 2-3 times a week, even my melasma is less pronounced. My skin is smoother, softer, and more even toned. Hooray!

on 5/6/2009 1:10:00 AM

I received this as a sample from sephora, a quite generous sample mind you so I probably wont have to buy a full size bottle too soon. I love scrubs and exfoliaters (but I don't use them often), I usually use st.ives just because its inexpensive and does the job...I'm not too picky. Anyway, I feel this scrub is definitely a good few notches above my normal st.ives, it really does a great job of scrubbing! The granules in it are VERY fine in comparison to anything else I've used, but they do the job better than the larger grains. You can FEEL it working while you scrub. My skin feels super soft after, which I love, and the pores on my nose seemed smaller...yes! I used this a few times when I received it and then it gradually was forgotten and I don't know why! I found it today and I'm wondering why I haven't been using it all this time (I think I've forgotten the benefits of a good scrub). I have not used any other philosophy products, this is my first, and I am impressed. ****UPDATE**** I bought the 16 oz. bottle from sephora for 37 USD an I'm still in love with this stuff. It's my favorite scrub ever! It exfoliates better than anything.

on 5/6/2009 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have always craved smooth, dewy skin - and have since been on the lookout for an exfoliator that works. I'm a facial product junkie, so I have tried just about everything, but Philosophy's Microdelivery Wash is the only exfoliator that I would use.

My skin tends to be very dry with small blackheads on my nose. I use this every morning, and it literally takes away the need for a primer. My face feels completely smooth and looks even. I cannot say enough about this product. It is definitely worth the price, because a little goes a long way. I don't even think twice about ever buying another product. It also works great if you use the Microdelivery in the morning and Purity at night.

on 4/17/2009 4:44:00 PM

I've used sooo many scrubs, and they've all been ehh--decent, but this one is amazing!
It's doesn't have use beads like others where you feel like you are rubbing seeds on your face, but rather a fine, sand like, consistency. AND IT FOAMS. And we all know how much we love the foam.

It made my skin so damn smooth, it's amazing! My skin is pretty sensitive and turns red often, but it didn't react at all tot his scrub. I love it. After I wash my face with a gentle cleanser(Cetaphil or purity, whichever is handy), I follow with this for 30 sec and my face is soft like a baby's. Will buy again and again and again and again.