Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-4, Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Pentylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylparaben, Cellulose Gum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethano, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Tristearin, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Butylparaben.

on 11/4/2010 3:10:00 AM

Hi!

I really like this corrective foundation. I wearing make up (VICHY Dermablend Fluid) every day (I'm man) and VICHY Dermablend is totally, final best foundation (for man too) I ever had. Coverage is 100% with really natural (really important for man) look & feel on skin. And, is the really matt too (24 hours of wearing)

"Dermablend™ covers skin flaws whilst ensuring perfect coverage with no mask-like effect or caking and provides a natural looking finish with long lasting hold. Within the range is Dermablend™ high coverage corrective foundation, " - totally true!

"All Dermablend™ products are made from a high tolerance formula which has been tested under dermatological control and on sensitive and delicate skin. Vichy has trained a team of expert skincare advisors in pharmacies across the UK and Republic of Ireland as well as larger boots stores throughout the UK. These experts can offer tips and advise on camouflage techniques and help you find a suitable shades." - totally true too! Really ;)

Best one awesome foundation and brand!

on 10/8/2010 8:50:00 AM

Just one big WOW!! Working perfectly, no complaints at all.
Forget about primer and concealer, this is perfecting and concealing enough itself!
COLOR:
I have always a big problem to pick the right color - I am pale w/ yellow/olive undertones. I had to take the lightest color, 15 Opal (I tried a sample of 20 before, which was way too dark for me). I was hoping it wouldn't be too pinkish. Fortunately, the match is pretty good, not perfect, but good enough. I didn't expect such a success indeed.
TEXTURE&MAKING UP
Smooth, very easy to blend, melting onto skin, no sharp edges, no patches. Full, no-mask-like coverage, a little goes a long long way!!!! Perfectly buildable, can be used w/ a sponge or fingers which I liked the best. Conceals even my large pores and blackheads. Redness and color imperfections are just gone. Wonderful semi-matte to matte flawless finish. Caused no breakouts, no irritations.
RESUME
Definitely gonna buy again. This foundation works for me perfectly. Packaging is a decent tube. The only thing I dislike about this little wonder is its price which is around 30 USD in my country. This really sucks. Anyway, when I see the result on my face and realize that a little goes a long way...it's worth it!!!!!!!! :-))
ALL THUMBS UP!

on 9/30/2010 6:55:00 PM

This product does provide good coverage and a nice matte finish (unlike illuminare, which got super greasy)....BUT I just don't think I'll be re-purchasing. It looked good when first applied, but then started to sink into my pores/fine lines, making them super visible. I have extreme combination skin-- dry patches on my cheeks and an oily T-zone. This stuff literally STICKS to the dry patches and makes them look much more noticeable. Also, I have small white heads on my forehead, and it accented those bumps as well. I'm only 25 and I swear I looked 10 years older wearing this stuff! :(
I think this foundation would be fantastic if you have normal to oily skin all over, and want to cover up flat patches of discoloration/scars on your face...but not if you have my type of skin!
Crappy color selections too...I was lucky to find one that was a decent match for my skin tone. I have very fair skin with a slight yellow/beige undertone. Porcelain is their lightest shade, and it has a pink tone to it. Opal is their next lightest shade, and it has a more yellow tone (but still a little bit of pink). I found Opal matched my skin best.
The packaging is terrible. When first opened, a HUGE glob of the liquid comes bubbling out...so make sure you have a good container to catch and store the liquid in.
Good news-- this foundation did NOT break out my super-sensitive skin!
Hope this review helps!
****UPDATE: *****

EDIT: 10/10/12: After trying Kat Von D's new Lock-It Tattoo Foundation, I am in love!!!! PHENOMENAL coverage without oxidation/greasiness. See my review on this for more details, if you're interested. Not super natural, but at least the formulation is without parabens, mineral oil, fragrance, etc. :)

on 9/10/2010 10:47:00 AM

I've been on the lookout for a great coverage concealer that lasts. When I first tried this (in medium) it was fantastic. It covers amazingly well and lasted all day. It has an immediate dry finish which helps mask imperfections and can be built up very well. However, I broke out horribly from this! I mean really bad cystic acne that has stuck around for 2 weeks and is now only starting to heal. I really wanted to love this and end my search, but it just didn't work for my skin. Hope this product works better for you.

on 9/2/2010 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I am not so much a big fan of this foundation but i do continue to come back to it. It is a cream consistency but the colour selection is limited. I apply to clean skin what i prime with L'oreal resurfacing primer. My skin isn't in need of a full coverage camouflage make up but it is my personal preference to make the skin look perfect. I find on application that this foundation its look very beautiful,i have a slight glow and it looks natural however i find it doesn't stay as i would like it,it just disappears,i do not have very oily skin just normal so i do not find any reason or why it just disappears. Overall i still purchase because it gives me instant gratification but if i could find something better i would not continue to purchase this.

on 8/26/2010 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oi vey I did not like this stuff at all

Coverage: Extremely heavy, which was what I was looking for but this was a little mask like. Since I couldn't find my correct color, when I put this on it looked scary! Masked my natural skin completely

Color Selection: For such a full coverage foundation they should have more colors! I have golden undertones and medium-ish skin and there were no matches for me. I bought Bronze and it was way too dark & pink

Finish: So matte, its actually unflattering. I have many pimples and the finish bought out the bumps on my cheek & chin

I didnt wear this for long cos they second I put it on I screamed. I looked like Snooki. I don't know if it breaks people out or it lasts long, sorry :[
Supposed to be for sensitive skin though.
Did not try sheering it down with moisturizer, but that might be helpful?
$28 bucks at Duane Reade

on 7/25/2010 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Perfect match for my skin. Does not cause any breakouts and great coverage for scars and redness. Will definitely buy again.

on 7/9/2010 1:09:00 PM

I have to say i highly reccomend this foundation if your like me. i have combination skin, it is usually very dry and a little spotty, and usually foundation will cause me to break out. im nc15 in mac. Macs foundation always felt very heavy on my face, as did revelon colourstay, which also made me look patchy. i honestly thought i would never find a foundation i would like. i read the reviews on this and the fact that it said it gives good coverage and felt good on the face was what caught my eye, aswell as that it doesnt give you spots. i have to agree with all these statements.
this foundation feels very light on the skin yet provides excellent coverage without giving you dry or oily skin and breakouts. it isnt patchy either which makes it very easy to apply, all you have to do is dab it on then rub it in with your fingers. i prefer the package quality as it is easier to use for me. it feels like im hardly wearing anything on my face yet covers my freckles and gives me a healthy glow. it comes in a rather small tube, and for the price this seems a lil unreasnoble, but i honestly think this will last me a long time as i dont use as much as its very pigmented and a little goes a long way ( and this is coming from someone who lathers on the foundation like theres no tomorrow! the only downside for this product is the colour range, i couldnt decide to go for the lightest - opal or nude. i went for nude and i honestly didnt think it would be the right shade but as its summer i thought it might suit my face better. i think the colour looks great on me but a greater colour variation may be better, thats why i give four lipsticks.

anyway i highly reccomend this foundation, especially if you are picky with the stuff and have annoying skin like mine! i hope to use this for a long time

on 6/27/2010 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm a MAC NC15, BB Porcelain and ordered the lightest shade of this. While it's certainly light enough, the color just isn't right on me. It definitely has a cool tone and I'm more on the warm side. Aside from the color clash, the formula is nice. It's not thick and hard to spread like regular dermablend. I find it easiest to apply with my fingers, since the warmth helps the product spread out evenly. On areas of hyperpigmentation, freckles or other color variances, this works wonders. The coverage is good without being masky and it feels nice and light on the skin. It also lasts the entire day (even in extreme heat). It also doesn't break out my extremely sensitive, oily, rosacea and acne-prone skin, which is pretty amazing. I would definitely repurchase if they sold a lighter, more yellow-toned shade.
UPDATE: I just saw some pictures of myself wearing this and Yuu-uuuck! My face looks so shiny all and gross. I actually remember powdering a bit right before these pictures too, so that's pretty bad. Will definitely not repurchase!

on 6/15/2010 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Ugh. No. Maybe it's my skin. I'm oily and acne-prone. NC35 and I use the color "sand". Too pink for me, but I'm very difficult to match (olivey/yellow undertones). I love coverage, but not when it melts off my face. This MELTS. Everywhere, in the span of four hours. No matter how many layers of mattifying and finishing powder I use, I get oilier than usual. I was hoping to use this up because it was sitting there, but I can't do it! To add insult to injury, my cheeks started breaking out...I never get breakouts there. Now I'm hoping to clear up my skin because it looked AWFUL today. I took this foundation off right when I got home. Hoping Alima works a bit better...and I'm going back to Revlon colorstay for now. At least that stays put.