April 21, 2014 | 979 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 2:19:00 AM More reviews by lammtron

My HG concealer (though I'm always on the look out for a 'green' version). Nothing covers under-eye shadows or blemishes more effectively and the shade G12 is perfect for me. In the UK it comes in a pot (not a tube like the photo suggests) and although it's called foundation I do not use it all over my face. It is extremely good value for money and is great for acne-prone skin like mine as it's both non-comedogenic and non-acnegenic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 3:24:00 PM More reviews by footballove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Let me tell you girls,this stuff is amazing.I've never got complements on my skin,until this {plus:aspirin mask :D}.Yes,it is a bit heavy texture,but You don't need a lot of it,just tiny bit of Dermablend to cover entire face.As well,this is miracle for dark circles arround eyes{im on diet and very skinny,and that cause hughe dark circles arround my eyes}.I'm just glowing with this.I've also used Vichy Norma Teint {that caused my pores look even larger than really are},it is ok,but not even close as this one.It is also easy to put it on face,great texture.I'm saying again:You shouldn't put large amount of this,just tiny bit.Great stuff,I stick with this. Oh yes,it doesn't give my face sensation of heavyness + didn't broke my out,at least not yet.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2008 9:37:00 AM More reviews by vedrana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

thanks to the good experience with the norma teint i have decided to buy dermablend because i have needed full coverage.what a mistake! this is one of the worst foundations i have ever used.i have very oily skin and only after half an hour my take looked cakey,oily,yuk! i would also add it has that 'mask' effect indeed.the whole time it was on my face i had a feeling i was swetting all over my face,very unpleasent feeling. I WOLDN'T RECOMEND THIS PRODUCT TO ANYONE,EXPECIALLY FOR THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE OILY SKIN.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2008 5:41:00 AM More reviews by KKAI

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely a heavy duty foundation for those with "less that perfect" skin that want to hide multiple imperfections. It is really thick and heavy and you only need a few small dots to cover your whole face. Another thing is the shades on offer: I am fair skinned with neutral/warm undertones and the lightest shade-opal-was a little too light and really yellow toned. The next shade was really dark,though. But the worst part is that within a few hours my oily/combination skin became really shiny and uneven in texture-the foundation just did not seem to sit well on my skin. I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2008 6:09:00 AM More reviews by JunkieXL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

A couple of years ago, I was going through a pretty bad depression which really showed on my skin. It looked tired and because of my bad eating habits I broke out regularly, which caused some nasty scars on my face. I had to pick up some medication at the pharmacy when they were promoting this foundation. When I heard 'full coverage' I was a bit in doubt because it made me think of the pancake-like crap I used on my face when I was a teenager. The sales assistant assured me it wouldn't look like that at all and I bought this foundation in 'Opal'.
At first, I found it a bit hard to blend (it dries pretty quickly) but once I mastered to blend it well (using a moist sponge) I was very satisfied with the result. No blemishes showed through and I didn't even had to use a concealer to hide some scars. I use a translucent powder to set and is stays put. It doesn't even look or feel unnatural. It works well as a base for bronzers and blushes and the colour doesn't change during the day. Currently I'm not using it because my skin now looks good enough with a light foundation but I still keep if for those bad skin days when you just want to hide under the duvet. Most definitely a keeper!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2008 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Deepsurface

Can you say WOW?
I have just been out to buy this (mostly b/c of all the great reviews here)
My problem with foundations is to make them last all day, I have really oily skin on/around nose and chin. So I will put it to the test fully tomorrow with a day seriously long day at work, full reviw will follow.
I just had to try it as soon as I came home, and can you say WOW?
I have superficial bloodvessels around my nose and some on my chin, plus some purple marks from hormonal acne AND some active acne on my chin.....see where this is going? I put this on and no one was lying when saying a little goes a long way. I only used a little bit and I look like a frikkin doll! In the good way! You do need to use blusher with this, and probably some bronzer/highlighter, b/c you risk looking like a doll the bad way otherwise.....Unless you just use it "just where needed". If it doesn't last I will be writing a very bitter review tomorrow, but I have to say this looks and feels great!
UPDATE: I have now used this for two days. Disappointment :(
It seems to make me more oily then I usually am, causing the foundation to "melt and separate" if that makes sense. It also seems to make my dry areas even dryer. All and all it makes me look older than I am and makes my skin look worse then it is...
I really wanted this to work, b/c the result when first applied is absolutely flawless. For photographs I would use it, but I will NOT buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 7:26:00 AM More reviews by Mirtilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I must say I was very skeptical at first because I didn't think Dermablend was the right foundation for me (combination skin with minor irregularities). But I got this foundation for free so I decided to give it a try. Well, trust me, it's an AWESOME product, much more than expected. First off, it offers a very light texture, easily absorbed and non - greasy at all. Secondly, it leaves my skin glowing and soft. Once applied with a wet sponge, I use a translucent colorless powder to set my make up. In this way, Dermablend lasts about 10 hours on my skin. The coverage is malleable and blendable better than most of high end liquid foundations I own. A truly good value for the money.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2008 10:40:00 PM More reviews by blondchick12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this product but it is just not for me. I tried to switch back to liquid/cream foundation from mineral makeup just b/c the minerals were getting messy and seemed dry for winter. I like this and it does have awesome coverage, is not heavy, and did not break me out at all. It is just too oily for me, and my skin is not really all that oily at this time of year, so I know it was this makeup. I tried putting all sorts of primers underneath it and loose powders on top of it and nothing really did the trick. I will still keep this and use it as a concealer on occasion. High quality product but not for me.

**edit 2/10 I have been back to using this foundation everyday for the last 2 months. I mix opal and nude together with a touch of my daily moisturizer and I get all over flawless coverage that is a perfect match and not mask like. The moisturizer really helps with the blending and barely dilutes the coverage. If needed i blend a thin layer of undiluted foundation over trouble areas. Let dry then top with dream matte pressed powder and I barely get shiny. I am back to loving this foundation and don't plan on straying anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2008 1:03:00 PM More reviews by stellrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have a few breakouts and redness in my t-zone ~ but Dermablend is the BEST thing I have ever tried! I tried everything from drugstore brands to NARS and Aveda -- but this is by far the best. You only need a little tiny bit and it had fantastic coverage. Just make sure that your moisturizer is totally dry before you put it on. BEST foundation EVER!! Works really well with the Vichy Normaderm line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2008 7:44:00 AM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have always been a fan of "flawless makeup", it doesn't have to be thick or heavy or whatever, but it has to be flawless, I know the current trend is about "light, air-like" makeup, but whenever I see girls in the street with makeup and still visible flaws, I tell myself I don't ever want to look like that.

I have pretty normal skin, I think, combination type, not particularly acne-prone, kinda sensitive, overall I think it's average skin, not too oily, not too dry, when my skin is in normal condition, I usually get compliments on my complexion a lot, but I do have the habit of wearing makeup daily since I was about 20.

I had a very nasty allergy to some product I was using a while ago, not sure which one is it that caused the allergy, but the result was really bad, my skin is full of very small bumps, which turn out to be very deep tiny pimples, it's very hard to clean them out (and the skin around the area usually "breaks" in the process), and they leave very red scars, needless to say, I was really sad, and the situation lasts a long time, I tried Coverblend in Ivory, which I raved about here in MUA, I still think it's a good product, and I still think I didn't get the right shade (well, I should say my boyfriend didn't get the right shade)

But as my birthday gift, my very loving boyfriend bought me two bottles of this foundation in Opal, he knows I am deeply troubled by my skin condition, and he wants me to feel better, I tried it on today, and I have to say that this is hands down the best foundation I have ever used.

It's quite liquid-like when you squeeze the content out, I think I used too much of it, but it was my first time so I didn't know how much is needed, the color is a perfect match for me, yellow-based, unlike the Ivory in Coverblend, which is pinkish, it covers like nothing I have ever used, even better than Coverblend, yet it feels really light-weight on your skin. I used very little Coverblend loose powder on top of it because some previous posters here complained about the "shining effect" of this foundation (and the surprising thing is, my skin didn't itch this time, it always did when I put this loose powder on top of the CoverBlend concealing treatment makeup), then I went out in the middle of the heat and the sun, I was walking and sweating and window shopping for about 5 hours, when I got home, my makeup is still flawless, I didn't retouch my makeup at all the whole day, and my skin doesn't look greasy at all, it just looks a bit, hmm, how should I say, "watery", but even right after I finished my makeup, it didn't look matt or cakey either, I am really happy about the effect it gives, even my boyfriend told me that it works very well for me, he said I look absolutely amazing today.

The color didn't change or turn orange for me either, and my skin looks fine after the whole day of makeup, it feels fine too, it has been months since the allergy started, and I am positive that today is the first time after the allergy started that my skin looks back to normal again, and that really makes me very happy. I like the package because I accidently dropped it on the floor when I was using it today, and nothing leaked out, plus, my Nars 3 in 1 blush Orgasm doesn't sit well on top of all the foundations I have tried but this one, the two products blend very well together, and after the allergy I become very careful about products I use on my face, this product is oil-free, allery-teseted,and non-acnegenic, which makes me feel safe, the smell is better than Coverblend too.

I know I will probably never change my foundation ever again, because this has everything I want, and I think the price is reasonable.

13 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No