Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-4, Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Pentylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylparaben, Cellulose Gum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethano, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Tristearin, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Butylparaben.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I bought this a few days ago because I want to start using expensive foundation since I have such problematic skin. I have acne scarring - some of it is pretty deep, others are just red marks, I also have active acne, some redness, freakishy sensitive skin and sometimes really dry and flaky skin. I have to be really careful with what I put on my face because it reacts to everything. I bought this foundation hoping it would cover my imperfections while making my skin actually look nice and in return not break me out. I'm happy to say that this foundation did everything I was hoping it would. The color match is also amazing. I have fair skin with golden/yellow undertones and finding a shade that matches my skin exactly is very difficult since I'm not dark enough to be considered as having a medium skintone, but I'm a lot darker than most fair-skin people. I was really surprised that the lightest shade (Opal) matched my skin perfectly. Outside in natural light and even under harsh lighting, it matches my skin so perfectly that I don't have to worry about getting that dreaded line on my chin from not blending it properly down into my neck. Ever since I started wearing this make-up I have been getting compliments from people that are brutally honest and they've been telling me my make-up looks great. This cost me $30 + tax at Shopper's Drug Mart. I used to use CoverFX before and while I really liked it, I realized my skin was changing and CoverFX didn't really look amazing on me anymore - my face looked super shiny after and the coverage wasn't that nice. CoverFX is also more expensive than Dermablend foundation. I also like the fact that you only need to use a pea-sized amount of Dermablend to cover your whole face. I apply make-up with a *very* heavy hand, so applying such a tiny amount seemed ridiculous to me but the beautician at Shopper's showed me how to properly apply the foundation with a brush and now I know how to do it properly without wasting a ton of my foundation. As long as it's covering up my acne and scars and not breaking me out, I will keep repurchasing this!

EDIT: This foundation makes me look greasy and shiny after a couple of hours. Will I stop buying this? No. But I will definitely have to buy a better powder to help control the greasiness.

EDIT: It is July 2012 and I am STILL using this foundation. I think this is the longest I have ever stuck with one foundation. It is absolutely amazing. Yes, I still have problems with it looking greasy but it's nothing a little bit of powder or oil blotting sheets can't fix. Best of all, this foundation has still NEVER EVER broken me out which is a huge must for my make-up needs! Lately I have had some problems with my foundation making me look a little too pale (or as my sister would say, "you look like a flourescent ghost"). I thought it was a little strange considering I haven't tanned and my skin doesn't look darker. I add just a tiny amount of some of my Cover FX Foundation I used when I was really tanned last summer (shade NE 40) to my Vichy Dermablend foundation and blend them together. The blend gives me some color to my face without making me look orange or dark in a fake way. I find that the combination of both foundations is also amazing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

it's alright at most... I have acne marks and it covers them slightly, but if I want to cover them fully it looks like a mask on my face. The marks aren't even that red, they're actually quite light compared to what they were like.
My skin is really oily and it doesn't stay on for long, and I get shiny quickly on my t-zone. It's also not very easy to blend.
Basically, the only good thing I found about this was how I found an exact colour match, didn't clog my pores (weird because it's so thick, my pores get congested so easily), and didn't have an offensive smell.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Evens out your skin
Pigmented, it really covers scars, blemishes and pores

For my oily skin this just doesnt work.

At first applied it looks wonderful, very matte but it doesnt stay that way, in two hours my skin is shining all over, not even the matte mousse does me this. :(
It may be work for people who dont have such oily skin as i do :) I think im gonna try the Estee Lauder Double wear, since i saw a makeup artist for tv using this on a tv presentor and it stayed put all day, and also because of the reviews here in MUA.
I dont think im gonna buy this again im in the search for my HG Foundation!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love love love! For $27 CAD this product lasts me a year which makes it very affordable. It is very pigmented and photographs wonderfully. I was introduced to this product 6 years ago when I had a lot of acne and needed something to cover well, medium - full coverage. Very buildable. I have used other foundations but always have this in my collection as it works the best for me. I keep going back! Now that my acne is relatively gone with the occasional break out, I use it on spots, red areas and as under eye concealer and use powder or a lighter foundation on top. For special occasions & late nights I'll use it on my entire face and it has amazing lasting power and evens my skin tone. I have oily skin and use the dermablend loose powder to set it and it lasts for 6-7 hours, and I only blot once.
Highly recommended! I was lucky to find this in my shade, I have light skin (south asian) with yellow undertones and Sand 35 matched perfectly, but the shades are definitely limited. The packaging is decent and hygienic, but sometimes I wish it came in a pump

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

About me:
PPP with warm undertone (NC10/15)
40 sumthing
Up untill recently had quite some hyperpigmentation

I bought this foundation last week and LOVE it.

Coverage: more then enough
Buildable: yup

It covers the few hyperpigmentation I still have and also evens out my skin (have a tiny bit of redness on cheeks).

I'm using a Mineral powder or blot powder to set the foundation and this works really well.

I would def. recommend this foundation if you want a medium to full coverage.

Love this product and have been using it for about 2 months now. Good tip is that it can be layered on if you opt for more coverage. Not sure if the regular Dermablend line is the same as Vichy since Ulta carries only the regular line, but I have only used the Vichy one and so far it has been the best foundation I have tried compared to others such as MAC and Shiseido.

I am really not sure if it's worth it's price. The coverage is quite good, way better than many others, which is important for me, because I want to get a smooth natural finish without much imperfections being seen. I have a combination, sensitive skin, but I am not allergic to this one, which is fine. I am using the fairest shade and I think this is not good for too pale skin - too dark for it. I usually use the second fairest shade of makeup and this one is quite OK for me, but not ideal. I don¨'t know anything better, so I will repurchase until my skin gets better (imperfections, results of allergies...)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This foundation works great for covering up my redness, bumps, and uneven skin tone. I have light skin with yellow undertones (in MAC makeup I am NC30) and I found Sand (35) to be an exact match for me. I thought it would be wayyy too dark but it's not at all. I originally bought the Nude shade, but returned it b/c I thought it make me look chalky.
And don't always listen to the SA at the store, because she was trying to push me to get the lightest shade, Opal!!

I apply this right after I put my moisturizer on; otherwise it doesn't apply well. I use the Ecotools concealer brush to apply on trouble spots and then blend it out with my fingers (I originally tried the Ecotools foundation brush , but found that I like smaller brushes to apply foundation) That way, it doesn't feel like a mask. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin either or make me break out.

I used this foundation for my wedding (I mixed it with Visage foundation and put Cover Fx oil blotting powder on top) and it lasted from 10 am until 1 am and it was 110 degrees that day! So definitely recommend for brides.

My only beef with it is that I don't feel that it allows my skin to breathe because of all the silicones in it . So I try not to wear it everyday but it's so hard because it makes my skin look good :) !

EDIT : Still using this product and still loving it. It doesn't break me out , which is a miracle and does not aggravate my rosacea.

I really like this corrective foundation. I wearing make up (VICHY Dermablend Fluid) every day (I'm man) and VICHY Dermablend is totally, final best foundation (for man too) I ever had. Coverage is 100% with really natural (really important for man) look & feel on skin. And, is the really matt too (24 hours of wearing)

"Dermablend™ covers skin flaws whilst ensuring perfect coverage with no mask-like effect or caking and provides a natural looking finish with long lasting hold. Within the range is Dermablend™ high coverage corrective foundation, " - totally true!

"All Dermablend™ products are made from a high tolerance formula which has been tested under dermatological control and on sensitive and delicate skin. Vichy has trained a team of expert skincare advisors in pharmacies across the UK and Republic of Ireland as well as larger boots stores throughout the UK. These experts can offer tips and advise on camouflage techniques and help you find a suitable shades." - totally true too! Really ;)

Best one awesome foundation and brand!

Just one big WOW!! Working perfectly, no complaints at all.
Forget about primer and concealer, this is perfecting and concealing enough itself!
I have always a big problem to pick the right color - I am pale w/ yellow/olive undertones. I had to take the lightest color, 15 Opal (I tried a sample of 20 before, which was way too dark for me). I was hoping it wouldn't be too pinkish. Fortunately, the match is pretty good, not perfect, but good enough. I didn't expect such a success indeed.
Smooth, very easy to blend, melting onto skin, no sharp edges, no patches. Full, no-mask-like coverage, a little goes a long long way!!!! Perfectly buildable, can be used w/ a sponge or fingers which I liked the best. Conceals even my large pores and blackheads. Redness and color imperfections are just gone. Wonderful semi-matte to matte flawless finish. Caused no breakouts, no irritations.
Definitely gonna buy again. This foundation works for me perfectly. Packaging is a decent tube. The only thing I dislike about this little wonder is its price which is around 30 USD in my country. This really sucks. Anyway, when I see the result on my face and realize that a little goes a long's worth it!!!!!!!! :-))