December 21, 2014 | 1910 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - Masterpiece Max

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2007 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Yazmein

Like many others, I absolutely loved the original Masterpiece mascara so when I saw Masterpiece Max I thought "it has to be good!"....Sadly, I must say I was quite disappointed. The first thing i noticed about this mascara is that it clumps pretty bad (Att: Max Factor - Clumping does not equal 'Volume' nor 'Definition') and as another reveiwer mentioned it tends to straighten my lashes rather than give a natural shape. Not a good look. I can't believe Max Factor could screw up the formula that bad just by trying to add extra volume. You just can't beat the original. Will definately not buy this one again. I will reluctantly try to keep using this mascara untill i can bear it no longer, seeing as i paid quite a bit for it and hate to waste.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2007 10:50:00 PM More reviews by elisha244

I was hoping this would be Masterpiece but better... it wasn't. It gives really full black lashes, but unlike the orginal it makes my lashes really straight rather then curled. It also clumps, flakes and smudges. Great for dramatic lashes, but I couldn't deal with the flaking. It also made my eyes itch.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2007 4:25:00 PM More reviews by manmg2

I like this mascara, itís easy to apply and goes on clump free. It adds both volume and length to my lashes and really makes my eyes stand out. I normally wear 1 coat during the day which gives a nice natural finish, and 2/3 coats for the evening. I think itís a little bit expensive, but I would still purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2007 6:21:00 PM More reviews by oooHUNTRESSooo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i never thought i'd say this, but this is by far the best mascara i've ever had. after a week i can say that it is not dry, nor too wet, it doesn't clump, when i put only one layer, it looks subtle and natural, great for a week-day look, but after 3-4 layers, it's glamourous and gives a lot of definition and volume, without my lashes sticking together. it wouldn't harm if it were a bit cheaper, but that's okay, since the quality is sooo excellent

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2007 4:41:00 AM More reviews by sgordiz

I am torn between this and the L'oreal Telescopic as my all time faves.
This mascara is pretty amazing and a decent price too. It goes on nicely, lasts all day and gives lashes a long and voluminous look. Totally fluttery lashes in no time!!
My one and only complaint is that the brush is too big/fat and when I try to get the lashes in the outer corner, it can be a bit difficult.
Love this!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2007 11:26:00 AM More reviews by dustyjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yuck! I hated this mascara so much that I had to replace it with a different mascara after two weeks. I've never done that before and it felt so wasteful but this mascara doesn't do anything for me. It clumps massively, looks cartoonishly fake and is a nightmare to apply. No matter how much I persevered I managed to splodge my upper eyelid every time I applied it.Absolute waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2007 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Salome32

I tried the Masterpiece and I liked this mascare, so I thought that the MAX would be better. But I am dissappointed, it clumps after a few times I used it, it dries out. So I will not purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2007 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Hanneke24

Woooohoooo, I LOVE this one! I was already really happy with the normal masterpiece, because it's so subtile and precise. But hey, the Max version really does EVERYTHING a mascara should do, in a very easy way! It ads a lot of color (black!!), without clumping, flaking, or other annoying aspects mascara's tend to have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2007 6:40:00 AM More reviews by orisha_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I was a big fan of the original Masterpiece, but my one complaint about that was that the colour was a bit wishy-washy. I like crisp, dramatic blacks, and with Masterpiece Max, that's exactly what you get; the same creamy workable formula as the original Masterpiece, but a much more intense colour. It sounds weird, but since using this, I've stopped wearing liquid eyeliner, which I've worn every day for ten years! I don't need to, because the dark colour and dramatic thickening means that my eyes really stand out, and look fully made up even without my eyeliner.

It gives me long, thick lashes without looking fake. Slight downside- if I am accidentally a bit heavy handed I find it a bit too much for daytime - one coat is enough with this product. I also find that if I don't take my time with it, it's more liable to clump than the original. But those aren't really problems if you don't rush your make-up. Oh, and it also doesn't flake or smudge. Love, love love it! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2007 9:29:00 AM More reviews by c00ki312

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

after buying MACs zoomlash i though i found my HG mascara, but after a couple of months it started to clump really badly on my lashes. then i started seeing advertisements everywhere of masterpiece (tv, magazines, reviews...) and thought maybe my lashes will look that amazing as the geisha on tv. i continued using my zoomlash until max factor introduced masterpiece MAX. it claims to extend your lashes by 400%. holy cow! i thought. i must buy it now! so i went to my local pharmacy and bought the mascara for £9.99. same price as UK MAC so i didnt feel THAT guilty for buying an expensive product. as soon as i tried it at home, i couldnt believe how long my lashes were and guess what?? it didnt clump a single bit. unlike other mascaras, the brush is rubber and there are loads of spaced out bristles. i cant reccommend this enough to everyone even those with straight, short lashes...like me!