April 21, 2014 | 1227 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - Masterpiece Max

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2007 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Hanneke24

Woooohoooo, I LOVE this one! I was already really happy with the normal masterpiece, because it's so subtile and precise. But hey, the Max version really does EVERYTHING a mascara should do, in a very easy way! It ads a lot of color (black!!), without clumping, flaking, or other annoying aspects mascara's tend to have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2007 6:40:00 AM More reviews by orisha_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I was a big fan of the original Masterpiece, but my one complaint about that was that the colour was a bit wishy-washy. I like crisp, dramatic blacks, and with Masterpiece Max, that's exactly what you get; the same creamy workable formula as the original Masterpiece, but a much more intense colour. It sounds weird, but since using this, I've stopped wearing liquid eyeliner, which I've worn every day for ten years! I don't need to, because the dark colour and dramatic thickening means that my eyes really stand out, and look fully made up even without my eyeliner.

It gives me long, thick lashes without looking fake. Slight downside- if I am accidentally a bit heavy handed I find it a bit too much for daytime - one coat is enough with this product. I also find that if I don't take my time with it, it's more liable to clump than the original. But those aren't really problems if you don't rush your make-up. Oh, and it also doesn't flake or smudge. Love, love love it! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2007 9:29:00 AM More reviews by c00ki312

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

after buying MACs zoomlash i though i found my HG mascara, but after a couple of months it started to clump really badly on my lashes. then i started seeing advertisements everywhere of masterpiece (tv, magazines, reviews...) and thought maybe my lashes will look that amazing as the geisha on tv. i continued using my zoomlash until max factor introduced masterpiece MAX. it claims to extend your lashes by 400%. holy cow! i thought. i must buy it now! so i went to my local pharmacy and bought the mascara for 9.99. same price as UK MAC so i didnt feel THAT guilty for buying an expensive product. as soon as i tried it at home, i couldnt believe how long my lashes were and guess what?? it didnt clump a single bit. unlike other mascaras, the brush is rubber and there are loads of spaced out bristles. i cant reccommend this enough to everyone even those with straight, short lashes...like me!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2007 8:34:00 AM More reviews by frumushika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is the first non-waterproof mascara i've worn in the past 2 years that doesn't smuge or flake on me (and i even got caught in some light rain...), yet is easy to remove. good volumising effect, decent lenghtening and separation. but the tube is the ugliest one i've ever seen :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2007 3:00:00 PM More reviews by rocketqueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this, very much like Masterpiece but with more effect. 7.5 ml compared to the original Masterpiece with 4.5 ml.

Very good for being a d/s mascara Easy to work with, gives a natural but still stunning result. Separates lashes well, gives much volume and length. Will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2007 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Rexina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I did not like this mascara. I thought it was to clumpy and my lashes looked shorter than without mascara. Don't like masterpiece either.

Update 11/16/2008: Gave this a second chance and now it's my HG: I have bought 4 tubes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2007 12:00:00 PM More reviews by SugarKane78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used Chanel Extreme Cils for ages but thought I'd try this as it's cheaper. I really like the look of it, it actually does build your lashes, and the colour is good - I got brown although I usually use black but I like it. The brush is nice and it has good staying power. I had a job getting it off (using almond oil) until I realised that if I wet the cotton pad first it comes off easily. Very nice mascara, but the test will be during the summer when my eyes water a lot. Let's hope it works.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2007 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Clarabella3982

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had the Masterpiece mascara and that was good so I decided to give the Max a go. It's thicker than the original, and a more dramatic effect. I love it coz I always get panda eyes with mascaras and only Shu Uemura Basic and the Masterpieces don't seem to get that effect. Great staying power, and definitely a keeper!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2007 5:02:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved the original masterpiece but it dried up after about a month, and even though I could still use it it kept flaking off in my eyes. Anyway I thought id try this one. But it looked really fake, thick and clumpy. And im not into the natural look, my fave mascara is faux cils BUT this just looked bad fake, not good fake. I couldn get it to stop clumping either which i never had a problem with with the original mascara. Also i really loved the original masterpiece for the day too, my lashes looked wow but not scarily fake and caked on with mascara like with this one :( will not repurchase

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2007 12:46:00 PM More reviews by JanM

I am enjoying this mascara which works well on my longish but fine and fair (ie I have to dye them) eyelashes. It doesn't flake, or smudge and lasts well. I actually prefer it to the original Masterpiece which was a little drying for me, but on the whole I prefer 2000 calories which for me seems more conditioning.