September 23, 2014 | 1953 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2008 12:54:00 PM More reviews by synthetic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great light moisturizer. I bought it on sale at Shopper's and I'm glad I did. I initially bought it because I needed a no-nonsense moisturizer for my tattoo as it was healing (obviously, ask your tattooist first about when to start, what ingredients you should avoid, etc). Now I mainly use this to moisturize my legs, but occasionally use it on my arms or hands if they're feeling a little dry. I absolutely LOVE the smell. To me, it's yummy and warm without being overpowering or offensive. Sometimes I put it on just because I want to smell it! My skin is pretty decent to begin with, so if you want a moisturizer that's more heavy-duty, there are undoubtedly better options. But if you just want a basic, low-cost, fabulous smelling moisturizer to make your skin a little smoother, this is it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2008 6:05:00 AM More reviews by pyewaket

my skin started drying out towards the end of summer just when the chilly weather set in. I was using Bodycology because of the scent but i needed something with more moisture and lasted longer. I picked up a bottle of Vaseline cocoa butter lotion for about $4! It moisturizes really well and holds moisture in all day. my skin tone on my body has actually improved and I no longer have scaliness on my shins. The scent isn't too strong, a little cocoa butter smell and a slight nutty scent but it fades once the lotion sinks in. The consistency is slightly runny and does take a minute to sink in, but is well worth it. This is the best lotion i've used! Better than queen helene or palmer's!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2008 2:18:00 PM More reviews by xiaopengyou7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice smell, but didn't moisturize very well, and it has a really runny consistency. I also didn't like the packaging, which seems to be designed so that gunk collects around the rim. Not a terrible lotion, but I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2008 8:25:00 PM More reviews by tripleL

This lotion moisturizes really well and is not greasy at all. The only thing preventing me from using it again is the smell -- I can't stand it. I don't understand why everyone else likes it and I don't, lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2008 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Gloss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lotion. I use it every other day after my shower (I alternate between this and Jergens Natural Glow). It absorbs SO quickly but is actually really moisturizing. The fragrance is great - somewhere in between beachy and chocolate. My DH has been commenting a lot more lately on how good I smell after my shower - and I think it's this lotion. Don't know if I'll repurchase because I get bored easily and want to try new lotions, but I'm sure I'll come back to this one soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2008 8:38:00 PM More reviews by SierraMascara

Lovely! At first I wasn't sure about the smell, but now, I like it a lot. I took it with me on vacation in Hawaii, so now everytime I smell it, it reminds me of that beautiful place :). It's very moisturizing and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. It makes my legs (and everywhere else, for that matter) very soft and smooth when I moisturize after a shower.
Last night, my lips were kinda chapped, and I didn't feel like digging through drawers to find some decent chapstick to leave on overnight. I slathered this lotion on my lips and woke up with smooth, shiny, full lips. Woohoo! My lips are still smooth :)
Also, when I get very dry patches on my face, I can use a little bit of cocoa butter and the dryness is completely gone. My face doesn't break out either. (like it usually does..)
I love that it's cheap, the bottle is HUGE, and it has a nifty pump. I think this will work as a winter lotion as well. If you don't think you'll like the smell, don't get it, because the smell does linger for a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2008 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Rdumont

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought a large container of this and it has lasted for months so far. After exfoliating and shaving my legs, I moisturize with this cocoa butter and presto! smooth, touchable legs.

It takes a few moments to soak in, but is worth it.

Just last night, I was out dancing in a jean skirt and as it was rather crowded, one of my guy friends touched my leg and couldn't get over how smooth and soft they were.

It's a keeper :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2008 9:49:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

Very effectively moisturizes my skin w/ a nice, but not overpowering coco butter fragrance that even my finicky husband (he hates ALL fragrance and has the most sensitive skin EVER - breaks out w/ almost anything) likes it and uses it every day! Love the convenient pump bottle and the reasonable price. Definitely a keeper!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2008 11:50:00 PM More reviews by spanishsky

I Love this lotion, it keeps my legs so smooth, ive even noticed a nice glow to them. The smell is great, not overpowering. I am waiting to see if it will fade some of my strech marks and eczema scars. Overall, I will definitley repurchace!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2008 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Iliana_corey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

After trying the cocoa body butter of the same brand and being quite happy with the results, I wanted to try a lighter formula for summer. Bad choice. This lotion is not well absorbed into the skin, and I am left with residue that looks and feels awful. My skin does not feel moisturized, and it looks greasy (yuck). Definitely will NOT repurchase.