NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

4.4

on 2/16/2011 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I am in love with this highlighter. the golden hues look so gorgeous on my yellow undertones. i also use this under my brow and tearducts. very pretty highlighter!!! =] you can wear this alone and it still look great! i like to pair this with laguna and orgasm and im set for the day! =] LADIES DEFINATELY PICK THIS ONE UP!

on 2/6/2011 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Golden hue and a bit shimmery. it doesn't blend really well on my dry combination skin. It looks ridiculous on my cupid bow because of the yellowish tone. Under the brow it looks ok. On top of the cheek and under the eyes it looks again, too yellowish and shimmery. My skin is NC30 and it still looks, overall, too yellow!

If I hadn't thrown away the package I would have returned it to Sephora.

*A sweet girl on MUA has sent me a tip that you can actually return w/o box. Thanks so much Hanhee! However I decided to keep this item as it actually looks good for nightouts where bolder colors and highlights are needed.

on 1/30/2011 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Loveee this!!! This gives the perfect golden sheen, doesn't look icey or glittery, just a healthy glow. Slightly similar to Vanilla pigment by MAC, except Vanilla is more blue-ish toned, and Albatross is golden-ey. Perfect for cheek, nose, cupid's bow highlighting as well as browbone as an eyeshadow. Goes to any skin tone and will last forever.

on 1/29/2011 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Favorite highlighter ever! Albatross gives the perfect golden shimmer to my NC20 skin. I apply it to the tops of my cheeks, nose, and cupid's bow. I have used liquid highlighters, but have found that the powder ones look more natural and work better for my oily skin. I use this for both day and night. Lasts all day.

on 1/22/2011 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is an amazing highlighter, one I don't think I would ever be able to live without!! It makes your skin glow without looking glittery and fake, and works perfectly on my pale skin. HG status for sure <3

This gives a really beautiful glow to my skin. I like how it is really subtle, but in the right lighting it can really pop. I had been looking for a golden highlighter and this is great. I find that I do have to build the color up quite a bit, but that is probably because I am extremely pale. When I get the desired build up, it looks beautiful.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

got this for christmas and now and i dont think i could live without it. the glitter is so finely milled it doesnt look glitterly. it leaves a golden glow. its so beautiful and i like that its a powder cause it looks like you are naturally radiant. YAY NARS

on 1/7/2011 10:31:00 AM

what can i say about this little gem? i love this. i have oily skin so i do tend to stay away from glittery highlighters but this is an exception. it gives me the perfect glow.
before i did try using drugstores highlighters, they didnt give me much of anything, or thy were too super glittery. i have also tried the bobbi brown shimmer brick, which was a meh product and didnt work well for me. i almost gave up on highlighters and the only reason i have this is because i got the nars duo in orgasm and albatross. but yes i love it, it does have gold sparkles in it, but its pretty, and doesnt give an insane amount either. but my god this is love. :)

on 1/6/2011 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wonderful highlighter. Subtle, but it really works. The price is steep, but this is something I will never run out of, since you need so little.

on 1/2/2011 7:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I was so excited to try this out after reading every single review here on MUA (I had to be certain before I spent 28 on a highlighter!)...needless to say, I'm not disappointed. I am currently an NC30 with golden undertones and Albatross leaves a pretty sheen to my skin that does not look garish or frosty at all. It's not glittery or overly shimmery, it just leaves a glowy radiance. It looks a little scary in the pan (frosty and white) but it looks like a subtle light gold on me. It's very pricey but you only need a tiny bit so it'll last ages, making it a worth-while investment. The powder itself is finely milled and applies on my skin really smoothly. I put it down my nose, a dab on my chin, along my cheekbones, on my tearducts...it looks very nice. I'd repurchase!

Top Rated NARS Products