July 28, 2014 | 1628 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2010 8:21:00 PM More reviews by hannah8pie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pretty good product. This was my first clear mascara, and it's really good as a brow gel and defining my lashes during the summer, which is when I like to wear clear mascara, because I don't have to worry about taking it all my makeup off before the pool.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2010 12:33:00 AM More reviews by VeraVioletta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love clear mascaras, so I was pretty excited to try a cheap one. I was quite disappointed. It hardened on my lashes in a bizarre way, they stuck together every time I blinked, it was awful. Applying it was no picnic either, as the bristles were very hard/stiff and in abundance, so it was just piling on. Even stranger, I left this mascara on my bathroom counter (closed completely) for about a week and it hardened. I couldn't even pull the brush out to test it once more. I examined the tube for cracks and found none, and it hadn't leaked or anything. Both sides had hardened. Insane. This was the first E.L.F. product that I disliked, and I wanted it so badly to be just my bad luck, but customers at the store where I work(which is not where I bought mine) reported similar results. Don't know why this isn't mentioned in other reviews, maybe it's just LOTS of bad luck.

(I never used the brow side, as I hardly have any eyebrows to speak of. Certainly nothing to brush. They just grow in that way, never plucked or shaped them.)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2010 7:30:00 AM More reviews by lemondrops648

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this product, and it didn't disappoint! I thought it would be really hard when it dried on the brows but I was wrong. It tames your brows nicely without hardening up like hair gel. This is my first tube of clear mascara. I usually use black mascara but I hate it when it smudges when my lashes get the tiniest bit wet. I also dislike using waterproof mascara as it takes quite a while to remove. This lash+brow mascara is really wonderful. It's cheap and it does its job real well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by PaperAlias

I'm someone who HATES wearing mascara. It wasn't until recently that I decided that wearing clear mascara would be a good way to hold a lash curl without having to worry about smudges, so I bought this on the ELF website. Super cheap. $1.00. LOVE E.L.F and their crazy cheap prices.

I also bought their mechanical eyelash curler (my first eyelash curler LOL) to use with this.

I really love the clear mascara. It doesn't feel goopy or sticky and it doesn't make my lashes stiff. I don't like wearing that much eye makeup, but I really do notice more length after I apply this. I was just looking for something to hold the curl without having to resort to regular black mascara. It does hold the curl quite nicely throughout the day, but I was also surprised to see that it actually lengthened my lashes. Not something I'd expect from a CLEAR mascara.

I think everyone needs to own a clear mascara. They're great for the beach, or theme park outings, when you want nice lashes but don't want to worry about racoon eyes.

The brow gel is just as good. Tames unruly hairs nicely. Doesn't make them hard or super shiny.

HIGHLY recommended. For a measly $1.00, it is worth a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2010 4:09:00 AM More reviews by GoddessLaura

This is a decent clear 'mascara'. There is one end for eyebrows and one end for lashes. I used both ends for my eyebrows as they're exactly the same except for the brush shape. This stuff does a good job at setting my eyebrows and with a comb through while still wet... looks pretty natural.

This is the ONLY elf product I have ever liked. Will rebuy.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by rebeccadenae

this is a good product if applied with a light hand. the first time i used it, it looked like a set my brows with hair gel! there were chunks stuck together! no smell, clear color and lightweight. be careful when you get to the end of the product as it might clump up. chunks of gel in your brows is not pretty ladies!!! great buy for one dollar though!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2010 7:25:00 AM More reviews by kalihi1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This came in an ELF makeup set I purchased at ROSS. I love ELF, I use a lot of their products on a day to day basis. I was planning on using this product just to set my eyebrows. I figure both sides are basically the same so I started to use the brow side first for my brows and man was it painful, the brush is really rough on my skin beneath my brows. So I decided to try the eyelash side and same thing. The wand bristles are really stiff and rough on my brows. I'll stick to my LA Colors clear mascara to set my brows.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by LovelyLilies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I only use this on my lashes.

Unlike other clear mascara's I've tried, the formula for this is rather waxy/sticky, so it actually holds my curl instead of weighing my lashes down.

The formula for both sides are the same, the only difference is the brush. Which means, if you only use it for one purpose (lashes or brows), you can just untwist both sides and switch out the tubes.

The only thing I hate about this is that I can never find it locally, and the one time I was able to get it was when I picked it up at a dollar store on vacation. Oh, and I finished this in about a month or two. The amount of product you get is very minimal.

Note to self: stock up like crazy the next time you see this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2010 9:04:00 PM More reviews by plumsiren

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking for something like the brow end of this and I'm glad I found this one because it was dirt cheap, and the wand/tube is such that not too much comes out (an issue I've had with others); it's just the right amount of product to set my eyebrows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2010 8:04:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It really combs out the brows and can help give the illusion of fuller, thicker brows if that's what you want. I won't use this on my lashes unless I need to get rid of clumps of mascara but if I run out of the brow side, the ingredients are exactly the same for the lash side, so I can just use that afterwards. It does hold the brows in place, it's not a super strong gel or anything, but it works. I will definitely be buying more.