Sonia Kashuk Remove

4.4

Water, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Hexylene Glycol, Poloxamer 184, Sodium Chloride, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Ext. Violet 2.

on 2/18/2009 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hate to be giving this product such a horrible review. I really *wanted* to like it. This is also the first SK product I've ever used, so I was excited to try a new product line.

I've been on the great eye makeup remover search, and this was the 2nd one I bought (after Neutrogena's Oil-Free EMR). The formulation of this product totally sucked me in. It separates when it's sitting in the bottle, with a seemingly thicker layer on top of a seemingly thinner layer. (Now that I write this I realize that doesn't make any sense. But, that is indeed what it looks like. I should have been wary.) The whole product is kind of a lavender color. A tall 4 fl oz bottle was $10 US.

I got it home and the first time I used it I was thrilled to see that it removed all my emu without leaving any kind of residue. The makeup was just gone, leaving a matte look on my lids behind. I discovered over the course of using this product no more than 3 times, however, that this kind of removal comes with a price. My lids developed painful dry patches (and I do not NOT have dry skin, and have quite frankly never used a product that has dried out any part of my skin so badly). When I could feel the dry patches in the middle of the day, I knew I couldn't use the product again. That day after work I picked up some Ponds cold cream at Walgreens and have been using that instead. My eyes are thanking me.

I decided to still give this product 2 lippies (instead of 1) because it really did an amazing job of removing emu without any kind of residue. I think that if you have less reactive skin (mine is sensitive), that this could work for you. I think it could also work for you if you only use it once in awhile, not every day.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

it removed my eye makeup (even waterproof mascara) without any trouble. doesn't leave a greasy residue. however i took off one lippie cuz it seemed to dry the skin around my eyes which caused my skin to look white and flaky/chalky. i solved that problem by moisturizing tho. im gonna try the neutrogena eye makeup remover next... but for now this is a good product for which i would buy again.

I purchased this eye makeup remover based on the good reviews on MUA. I really needed a good eye makeup remover because I started using UD eyeshadows and liners and they are hard to get off with just my cleanser. The Sonia Kashuk eye makeup remover comes in a nice sleek clear bottle with a screw on top. The eye makeup remover is clear at the top and a light purple at the bottom. The directions advise you to shake the bottle gently to activate the eye makeup remover. Once you have complete this step you only need to put a small amount on a cotton ball and swipe across your eyes. This eye makeup remover really impressed me. It took all of my eyeshadow, mascara and liner off of my eyes. The remover was not greasy like previous ones I have tried. I definitely recommend this eye makeup remover.

on 1/25/2009 4:39:00 PM

I think this is a pretty good eye makeup remover. I have to admit the first thing that attracted me to it was the neat different colors you mix before applying. It took off all of my eye makeup except my waterproof mascara. It was very effective but I think it took a bit too much rubbing and I dont want wrinkles under my eyes. It never stung my eyes even though I know I got some product in them. Overall, its a good product but I need to find something to remove my waterproof mascara more

on 1/20/2009 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I am so glad I found this. I was using the Neutrogena wipe and the Clinique eye make up remover , but both stinged the skin around my eyes tremendously. This works like magic at removing everything on my eye including my waterproof mascara. It is really as gentle as water and doesn't leave my eyes feeling oily or greasy like the Neutrogena wipes. Shake it before use because the contents separate in the bottle. Love this!!

on 12/17/2008 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this! It's so cheap and it removes make up super easily without any irritation. I wear waterproof mascara and eyeliner and this easily swipes it off with no trouble at all, plus it's huge and lasts me for a relatively long time. Make sure to shake it well each time, though, or else you won't get the full benefits.

on 10/17/2008 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I usually use Lancome's Bi-facil but ran out and started using a sample I had of Lancome's Effacil and that one just sucked. So, I went this last weekend and bought the Sonia Kashuk Remover and I was impressed. I've tried a lot of eye makeup removers and most of them do nothing. I wear a lot of liquid eyeliner and waterproof mascara and for the price, this remover works pretty good. I do still think Bi-facil works better but will probably keep using this one since it is A LOT cheaper.

on 9/25/2008 8:53:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

It does clean whatever you have on your lids. But it is so strong that it dries out my lids badly. And the other bad thing about this product is it burns my eyes and makes them red. My eyes are not sensitive in general. I don't recommend this makeup remover especially to those who don't want to get wrinkles earlier.

on 9/16/2008 9:41:00 PM

This is my alternative to Lancome's Bi-Facil. Waaaay cheaper at $10/bottle and I don't have to rub very much to get everything cleaned off. This is a great remover that doesn't leave behind any residue or irritate my eyes.

on 9/10/2008 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love, love this stuff. I've found that you need to really work at it to remove mascara, but other than that it's great! Absolutely no stinging whatsoever...it literally is like water that disolves your eye m/u!