November 22, 2014 | 1435 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Lemony Flutter

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by pinkchiclet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a big fan of LUSH products. I usually love the scents, the products themselves and the way I feel after I use them! However, I received Lemony Flutter as a gift and would never have picked this out for myself. It's a fantastic cuticle butter, although I tend to end up just washing it off because I feel that it doesn't absorb well enough for my skin, but it does what it's supposed to, so I use it as a night treatment for elbows and heels.
The only thing that really annoys me about this product is the smell. I've never really encountered a LUSH smell that didn't make me drool, and I generally like lemons, but it's SO STRONG. Too strong for me... I feel like somehow my tub of it got like extra scent or something, because no one else seems all that bothered!
Will use all of my tub, but won't repurchase.

UPDATE: Sooooo I ended up absolutely loving this! I've gone through a lot of my container already, love the scent and will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by DiyaSpade

Wow, this is a great product! This year, after Iv taken a trip to a really hot country, and teamed with the Canadian cold, my feet were super dry, especially the cuticles on my toes. Doing pedicures was a nightmare, and my usual Rosebud salve routine just wasn't cutting it. I heard about LF from the ladies on the nailboard. Im glad I got this stuff. Within the next day of using it, my toes have started to go back to normal and you can hardly see any dry cuticles on them.

And I LOVE the smell! It smells citrusy/lemony, just like my favorite LUSH soap Sexy Peel! The only downside is the price. Paying $11.95 CND is a bit much for such a small tub, I wish they would sell us half the amount at half the cost. I use so little, and since it expires in a year, I hope it doesn't expire before I get to finish it. Great product overall!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Buttercup86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ahhh lemony flutter, I love that name.

Duration Used: Aug 09 to current
Amount Used: not even half of the product, a little bit goes a LONG way

Pros:
-very moisturizing for the cuticle area
-I like to also use it on my heels and elbows
Cons:
-nothing to complain about really, it's a simple product that delivers what it says, somewhat expensive

Overall:
I really like this and use it about 3x a week and its lasted me a LONG time. The smell is ok, it's a very herbal lemon smell. When I run out I'd repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 11:34:00 AM More reviews by LauraJean396

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I only have a sample size of this. I got it with the night in for toes package and I still havent ran out of the Lemony Flutter. It is great, does exactly what it is designed to do andlasts forever! Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by flisalisan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is given in my purse or pocket wherever I go. Also, in the winter my nose tends to get really dry and flaky, I just apply some Lemony Flutter that takes care of it in a second. When I use it in public people turns around to ask what smells so good. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2009 1:33:00 PM More reviews by MissCarley

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I decided to buy Lemony Flutter after reading so much about it on the Nail Board. I like that you only have to use a tiny bit to get the full effect of the moisturization, and I like how it instantly sinks into the skin around my nails. I also noticed that it made my bare nails look shiny and nice after applying it. The only thing that bothers me is the smell... a friend of mine that tried it said that it smells like "dirty dishwater."

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by 800256

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm constantly washing my hands or using hand sanitizer. With that being said my hands get really dry and itchy especially in the winter. This is a great product to help alleviate the dryness. Just a little swirl on the hands or cuticles goes a long way. I find that it absorbs pretty quick into the skin leaving me with no greasy residue. The fragrance in it does not bother me as I find it disappears after applying it. I keep one in the kitchen, in purse, and one on my nightstand to apply to my heels at night. Put socks on after applying and take off in the am results smooth as a baby's bottom feet. This is a must after a pedi and mani in my opinion.

Ingredients:Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum),Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii),Beeswax (Cera alba),Lanolin,Soya Oil (Glycine Soja),Cold Pressed Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima),Cold Pressed Flaxseed Oil (Linum usitatissimum),Mango Butter (Mangifera indica),Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil,Castor Oil (Ricinus communis),Perfume,Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare),Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum),Laender Oil (Lavandula hybrida),Tagettes Oil (Tagetes glandulifera)Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis),Sodium Borate,Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides),*Citral,Geraniol,*Citronellol,*Limonene,*Linalool,Methylparaben,Propylparaben.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2009 11:14:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

Like the reviewer before me, I didn't expect so much product. It's a fairly large tub (at least for me) considering I only use it for my cuticles. I dab the tiniest amount on each nail and rub in - within one use, my ragged cuticles seem to disappear into my nails and they look perfectly manicured, even bare.

However, the smell is a little overpowering. It's very reminiscent of lemon Pledge, so I couldn't begin to use this regularly as hand cream - I would offend the entire office. I keep a tub of Lemony Flutter at my desk, right beside a tub of Smitten, and the scent of Smitten (yummy almond goodness), applied all over my hands, overtakes Lemony Flutter. The combination of both makes my hands and nails perfectly soft, smooth and moisturized.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by KatelynAnne

I like this stuff A LOT, I was expecting a smaller tub but this thing is really big and so much product in it. I use it on my dry feet, especially my heels, and my cuticles, I love it. It has a lemony fruit loop smell that isn't really noticeable after awhile. It is really good value, I recommend it to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2009 6:18:00 AM More reviews by IceRozie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lush used to be my go-to shop for all things creamy and bubbly (no animal testing: check - no breakouts: check - great scents: check), until I found out their shampoo (ao) was packed with Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulphates. Commonly used stuff, which my skin does not like al all. Hence exit Lush.These days I'm on a SLS/SLES free routine, but I was not too happy about my hand cream solution. I get my hands wet all the time, so I really need a good hand/cuticle cream that is not too sticky (like all those great foot creams) but sufficiently moisturizing. After some research I found that Lemony Flutter has almost HG status among nail polishees, and being a bit of that myself, I trekked to Lush once more. I have been using it for a few months now and I am happy about every aspect of this cream: it's very moisturizing yet does not leave a sticky/squishy feeling, it smells nice, it's not too expensive and no furry creatures were hurt. In fact, this Review could have been a lot shorter:
Buy. This. Stuff.