Ardell Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator Treatment Gel

Price: $

Price: $

INGREDIENTS: Water (aqua), Paeonia Suffruticosa Extract, Panthenol, Polytetrafluoroethylene, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, VP/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, Polyquaternium 37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate Dicaprate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor), Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've actually been using this product on and off for about a year now.... I have sparse brows and short lashes with some gaps in them... I do think this definitely helps strengthen the lashes and I always notice my lashes a tad longer after using this everyday for about 2 weeks... I notice this when I curl them and see the lashes go way above the lash curler when they're bending. What I don't like about this stuff, is that I only use it at night -- I've read a few other reviews on here, and I am in agreement, that for some reason while it is on, if you touch or rub your eyes or feel like you have an eyelash and gently pull on your lashes, a few will fall out much easier than without this stuff on... for this reason, I actually don't like using it as a base to mascara because I feel like more of my lashes fall out. I only use this at bedtime after I have washed my face and I hate how I wake up during the middle of the night and it has made my eyes all crusty... that makes me want to wipe the crustyness off my lids, which in turn makes a few lashes fall out.

I do think this stuff works, but you have to have to have extreme will power to not even touch your lashes or brows while this is on. I never go on missions to buy it, but if i see it at a good price at a local drugstore I will buy it.

on 1/6/2008 5:58:00 PM

I purchased 3 tubes of this from Drugstore.com due to the decent reviews it received here. I have previously used Talika Lipocils (eyebrow AND eyelash treatments), and Jan Marini Age Intervention Eyelash Treatment. The Talika did seem to help my eyelashes grow a little bit, but it stung my eyes so badly that I stopped using it altogether. The Jan Marini (I believe, anyway) is highly overrated. It costs way too much, and it didn't deliver the kind of results that it should for the price. My eyelashes did show some growth, but it came out uneven somehow, if that makes any sense. I have a few, maybe 3 or 4, SUPERLONG (like, alien-like long, haha) eyelashes at the very outer corner of my left eye which curve up at an odd angle, and I have a few in the middle of my left eye which are growing at a downwards angle, and do not curl when I use a curler and poke into my eye. My eyelashes were not like that before I used the Jan Marini. I started using Ardell approximately 5 days ago, and I can already see a difference. My eyelashes seem conditioned, and there was a patch in the middle of my right eye where the eyelashes were shorter than the rest. They are starting to "even out" with the rest of my lashes. They already look so much better, and healthy. At $3.99 a pop on Drugstore.com it is so worth it. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to take better care of their lashes, or wants to get them back to a nice healthy state. This stuff is a keeper for me. It does not burn my eyes, irritate my eyes or the skin around my eyes, it's cheap, and I believe that it does what it should. A+ EDIT: A few weeks later, I have come to realize just how GREAT this stuff is! My eyelashes are just perfect now, and it didn't take long to see results! I bought some tubes for my mom to try, also, and now she is hooked. I can't believe I wasted my money on Jan Marini and Talika. This is the best, and it's so cheap! Try it!! My eyelashes haven't looked this great in 10 years!

on 12/11/2007 2:02:00 AM

On my second tube of this. I mainly use it for my brows and it works perfectly. It lasts all day and doesn't get all white and gross. Very natural looking. I used to use it as a base for my lashes, but I guess it was just too time consuming and I'm lazy. When I used it with my Full 'n Soft mascara, I remember seeing a definite improvement on overall thickness and length. Wonderful product, a must have.

I LOVE this! I bought it completely on impulse just to see if it would work. After just a few weeks of using it I've noticed my eyelashes lengthen! I'm so happy, I've always had thin and short eye-lashes. This product hydrates my eyelashes to save them from the damage of my daily mascara use and I've actually noticed a dramatic improvement in the length and thickness of my lashes! I love it!

I ended up purchasing this product for a mere 50 cents when it was on sale at Ulta after searching high and low for it everywhere else. For some odd reason, I had been losing lots of lashes in my right eye only and had some serious gaps that looked terrible, especially when I curled my lashes and attempted to put mascara on. I've used this every night for the last month or so, and seen a definite improvement in both the length and thickness of my lashes on both eyes. The gap from the lash loss is pretty much filled back in, and it makes my lashes feel really soft and conditioned. I haven't tried the more expensive lash growth treatments, so I can't compare this product to those, but for the price, I was very satisfied with the performance it gave me.

on 11/24/2007 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

i love this...Im not sure if my lashes grew at all..but my condition on my lashes has improved 100 per cent. Ny lashes are usually so brittle and dryl..from hi end and drug store mascara...they always feel crispy..even tho i thought i was moisturising them over the years. This stuff is pure gold in my eyes...and for 4 dollars it makes putting on mascara fun...just knowing my lashes wont break off or fall out as much. I hope i can always find it...its not the easiest to find.

on 11/16/2007 4:14:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

i used this faithfully every night for 3 months on my eyebrows and lashes. no difference at all. that's all there is to say, really. lol

on 11/13/2007 10:05:00 PM

This was the first lash growth product I tried, I opted for Ardell because it was cheaper than Lucia. I have typical Asian lashes, short, not very dense and straight. I experienced "significant" lash growth on the bottom lashline, increase about 50% in length and about 30% more hair growth. This product like Lucia caused an irritation along my eye lid and caused blepharitis because I have heavier eyelids that sit along the lash line. This product managed to restore normal lash and brow growth but did nothing significant to increase the density of hair growth.

This product goes off extremely fast, once the smell changes into a plastic-y chemical scent and the colour turns from clear to opaque, THROW IT OUT! I have had Lucia for a year and it has not changed or gone off. Ardell contains some type of biological ferment which means it will oxidise and host bacterial growth more easily than Lucia which is made of extracts ahd chemical compounds.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I give up. The joke is on me. I think you must have long lashes from the start in order to see results for this product. In fact, I think that if you are expecting your lashes to grow, you must use the tweezer (free with purchase) to pull or extend them out in order to see progress. I have tried this product two times. Results? First time a lollipop; Second time, a SUCKER!!
The first time, I used as directed. However, I followed some of the other MUAs and applied daily and nightly. I applied under my mascara as a base and usually alone. So, after three months I gave up.
Wish it was so sismple. I saw many photos of MUAers who successfully used this product, and went and bought another tube, accepted my tweezers, thank you kindly.
This time I used it for six weeks and did the "rub product at the base of your eyelids" and damn near went blind! What's more, I took some of SO's roommates rogaine 5% and placed a few drops and pumped that in their. Hung in there for another six weeks and still nothing. I did happen to have growth on my chin and brows. But as much as I wanted to love this, I'm afraid no lippies. I will wait until the vision is restored in my left eye before I try it again.

on 11/11/2007 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using Ardell's Lash and Brow Accelerator every day for a month now and i cant say i see any results. It does condition my lashes though, i have noticed that i dont have as many lashes falling off when i rub my eyes (damn hayfever). Although i still use it in hopes that i might wake up one day and my short asian lashes will suddenly become full thick and long but i highly doubt that. I use it mainly as a brow gel to keep my brows in place.
Its about $7 in Australia... so its not as cheap as it is in the states.

Popular Lash Treatments