Moschino Cheap and Chic I Love Love

TOP: Grapefruit, Lemon, Orange, Red Currant
HEART: Bulrush, Cinnamon Leaves, Lily-of-the-Valley, Tea Rose
BASE: Cedar, Musk, Tanaka Wood

I feel so dorky and gauche for really liking this, but...I do. It's the first Sephora-available (as opposed to hard-to-find boutique) fragrance I've liked in a long time. It starts off with very bright, tart citrus notes, and then dries down to a delicious citrusy cinnamon woodsy fragrance that I could NOT stop sniffing on my arm. Yes, it's reminiscent of D&G Light Blue, but doesn't have that funky note in the musky drydown which made Light Blue unwearable for me. It smells kinda cheap and in-your-face punk, but that's what I like about it. After all the hoity-toity high-end fragrances I've been collecting, this has been a breath of fresh air. (Heh). It really fits the "cheap and chic" aesthetic that Moschino is going for...like that super cheap accessory that brightens up an outfit, and gives it attitude, such as spray-painted sneakers or a beret with felt applique flowers. The bottle is completely ridiculous, but rocks. The whole concept of this fragrance appeals to my inner bratty teenage rebel who would braid her hair and put tangerine stickers on her face for decoration. This is so her.

on 5/18/2005 11:10:00 AM

This is a very nice citrusy scent. Not too sharp and not overpowering. Nice staying power. Bottle is really cute as well.

on 5/17/2005 9:52:00 PM

I Love this fragrance. It makes me feel happy after I spritz it onto my skin. This is my signature scent for spring/summer.
Great citrusy scent and lasts long on me.

on 5/14/2005 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This has to be the best summer scent (to me) out this year. My HG for the moment.

on 5/14/2005 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a fantastic new summer fragrance for me! I love that it's light and citrusy without being cloying or powdery..which I cannot stand. It seems to last most of the day for me...from the a.m. when I leave for work, til I return. Just another spritz before going out for the evening. A definite repurchase for me.

on 5/13/2005 6:31:00 PM

I agree with everyone that this is very similar to D&G Light Blue, but it does have some different notes to it and while on my skin for awhile, smells 100% better than the former. I had a GC to Sephora and wanted a new scent for summer so after testing almost every fragrance in the store, this was the only one that I had to have! It's an amazingly fun citrusy scent that lasts and lasts on me (something that is very hard to come by for me). This is also the only scent that everyone around me loves. People have literally stoped me to ask what I was wearing. A Must have for the warmer months imo :)

I really like this!! It's a wonderful summer fragrance! Starts out with a sharp, tangy burst of fresh citrus (grapefruit & orange). Has some cedar/woody elements in the drydown. Luckily this does very well with my chemistry (as citrus usually does) and it retains most of the citrus fresh notes and the woody doesn't overpower or anything. A nice feminine but sporty/casual scent too. This is very similar to Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue and also Escada Que Viva (if you remember that one). Also it's one that grows on me. The more I wear it, the more I like it.

on 5/13/2005 3:25:00 PM

This is a light, lovely citrus-based fragrance that was lovely on paper, but did not work with my chemistry. I loved it when I first spritzed, but it quickly turned into a strange, cloying fruit-left-out-in-the-sun-and-rotting scent on me. Fortunately it did not last that long, as the scent soon left me (thank goodness). Giving it 3 lippies anyway because it smelled really fresh, the bottle is cute, and the price is right. Just not one for me!

on 5/13/2005 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this product! It smells like summer in a bottle and I love the scent. The scent is not too strong, and not too light.

on 5/6/2005 5:31:00 PM

I just tried this and agree with other reviewers, it smells like Light Blue by D&G only better. I think it smells a tad stronger. Very citrusy, fresh, fruity. I will buy this again sometime later. I like to buy a new scent every month so I'll wait for a couple of months before I purchase another bottle. Was at the grocery store and someone stopped me and asked what I was wearing, she commented it smelled wonderful and loved it. My sister could not stop commenting on how good I smell. My husband loves it too and he is not fond of colognes/perfumes, etc. I reapply my cologne often throughtout the day so that is why I think the smell stays.

Popular Fragrances