La Mer Lip Balm

3.8

Petrolatum, Octyldodecanol, Microcrystalline Wax, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentaoleate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Seaweed Extract, Emerald, Algae Extract, Tourmaline, Sesame Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Sesame Seeds, Alfalfa Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Powdered Almonds, Sodium-potassium-copper-calcium-magnesium And Zinc Gluconate, Vitamin E Succinate, Niacin, Fish Protein, Castor Oil, Phytosphingosine Trehalose, Polybutene, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Glyceryl Distearate, Water, Glycerin, Menthyl Pca, Oleic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sodium Saccharin, Fragrance, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Bht Propylparaben, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake

on 10/16/2002 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I think I am in the minority, but I really like this. I bought this on a "weak" day, so I expected to return it but I really, really like it, much to my wallet's dismay...I love the minty sensation and the flavor, and I like the subtle sheen it leaves on your lips without being too gooey.

EDIT--this made my lips flakey--I think because of the menthol. I am returning it, and dying to try DDF glossy lip therapy!

the only problem is that it doesn't have spf.

on 9/28/2002 6:02:00 PM

This product helped me experience my first cosmetic return. The scent was too strong and was not very soothing to me lips -- they tingled with a slight burning sensation.

on 9/7/2002 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a lip balm fanatic and when this came to Singapore, I just had to try it and I must say: I'm so glad I tried it before forking out the big bucks for it. This has the most unbelievable disgusting taste - like Blistex's Lip revitalizer. After putting it on, it tasted like a sickly and saccharine artificial sweetness that I just had to wipe it off immediately! So I've no idea whether it works since I only had it on for like 5 seconds...

on 5/10/2002 1:57:00 AM

I borrowed some of my friend's lip balm because I left my Prada at home and honestly, this is so not worth the money. I don't like minty/menthol things so that was one of my main reasons. I also felt that my Prada lip balm lasted more and my lips felt more moisturized in the long run.

on 2/17/2002 10:16:00 AM

Wow, I didn't really think I'd like this either but decided to give it a try. Great flavor, softens very well, really expensive ($40) and my new fave. Had to laugh when I read the ingredients list 'cause it contains emerald and tourmaline, as well as the La Mer secret seaweed ingredients in CDLM. If you want something really great for lips that will last a very long time, try this out.

on 1/15/2002 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I didn't expect to love this. Actually the SA convinced me to buy it on a bad day and I expected to return it. But sadly (given the price), I fell in love. It moisturizes and smoothes my lips super effectively. The first night I put it on, all the chapped skin I didn't even know I had peeled off the next morning. It also lasts FOREVER, which works against the high price. I put it on and it stays on, doing its job, for hours. Love the minty, sweet scent and taste too. Don't hate me ladies, but you should try this.

on 12/6/2001 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Overrated! I don't particularly care for whatever the tingly ingredient is in here - camphor? menthol? Both can dry your lips, and isn't that the reason we apply lip balm in the first place?