September 16, 2014 | 1213 users online

Sunscreen - Clarins - UV PLUS Protective Day Screen SPF 40

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2005 5:40:00 AM More reviews by j66smith

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great product for anyone who needs extra protection without the oily feeling. Its a great product to use on top of a moisturizer. Great for people with sensitive or acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2005 9:18:00 PM More reviews by summerykate

Love this stuff! I'm a sunscreen fanatic, but so many products are just heavy and shiny. I cannot deal with stickiness and oiliness on my face! Anyway, this is fabulously light and comfortable. It smells good, too, and does not bother my extremely pale, fairly sensitive skin. The only downsides are that it is terribly expensive ($36.50 for one ounce? ridiculous), and it does not protect as well, I'm assuming, as a sunscreen with Mexoryl. However, Mexoryl supposedly feels heavy and sticky. Anyway, I use this on my face and only my face -- not even on my neck -- because it's so expensive. I use Neutrogena 45 from the neck down. But this stuff is great, and pretty matte. I use a vitamin C serum underneath, so that gives me a bit of shine, and this is mattifying over it. You can also apply powder or blush soon after (instead of waiting a year until the stickiness subsides), as with other products).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2005 12:56:00 AM More reviews by truffle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

right up there with shiseido's ultimate sun protection lotion spf 50 PA+++. dries to a matte, ALMOST imperceptible finish. but it's only for use in the city i.e. it's not suitable for beach use or any sort of water-sport. So for reviewers who have been misguided enough to use it for swimming and think they are protected...BIG OOPS! anyway, price-wise, shiseido's(which happens to be water-resistant)100 ml costs only slightly more than clarin's 30 ml. you do the math :D

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2005 8:03:00 PM More reviews by alliebeth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Rosaceans beware! This stuff made my rosacea flare up and my skin felt very tight and flushed-tingly. The mini sample bottle doesn't provide an ingredient list (I knew it had mineral UV protection, and that's it). When I went to the counter to see what was the ingred doing this to me, I found SD Alcohol (a drying alcohol) in the ingredients...one of the most common rosacea irritants out there.

I hate that this didn't work for me! A mineral sunscreen! SPF 40! Rosacea has a sick sense of humor.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2005 1:36:00 AM More reviews by crystallineteddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So this is where the reviews for this product are at, I posted it under another facial treatments or something because of the anti-oxidants. This is a new product from Clarins this summer. It protects face from the sun (SPF40) and environmental pollution. I normally don't use sunscreen of such a high SPF since I have combo/oily skin prone to breakouts. But I swim alot in the summer and I really don't want to end up with wrinkled skin in my 20's. This sunscreen is perfect! It is feather light, gives matte finish, goes great under foundation and did not give me any breakouts! Nice light scent. Though it's quite expensive for such a small bottle...Oh well, I'd rather pay $$ now than have dried up fish scale skin later...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2005 12:36:00 AM More reviews by linda9968

I tried the sample of this sunscreen, loved it, returned to the store the next month to purchase and OUCH! The price is high - $36.50, although I purchased it anyway, as I really love this stuff. I live in the Rocky Mountains and need a good sunscreen for this altitude. It is easy to apply, non-greasy, and works. I have used this almost everyday since, alone and under foundation. Over the years, I have tried many different brands, most recently Clinique, but still tended to get too much sun on my nose and cheeks. The two best things about this sunscreen is the SPF 40 and it doesn’t break my face out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2005 8:03:00 PM More reviews by crystallineteddy

Glad to be the first review. This is a new product from Clarins this summer. It protects face from the sun (SPF40) and environmental pollution. I normally don't use sunscreen of such a high SPF since I have combo/oily skin prone to breakouts. But I swim alot in the summer and I really don't want to end up with wrinkled skin in my 20's. This sunscreen is perfect! It is feather light, gives matte finish, goes great under foundation and did not give me any breakouts! Nice light scent. Though it's quite expensive for such a small bottle...Oh well, I'd rather pay $$ now than have dried up fish scale skin later...

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2005 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Lukalove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While this is a good product, put it down and buy DHC's new Anti-wrinkle white sunscreen SPF 25 instead. It's the same exact thing and it's only $23 instead of Clarins' $36.50, which when you think about it, is absolutely ridiculous for 1.06 ounces. Plus DHC's sunscreen is on sale right now for just $17...(thru 6/30/05)you can't beat that! It comes in the same type bottle (it's 1 ounce)has the same feel and consistency, the same active ingredient; titanium dioxide, and also has zinc oxide. It also has vitamin E, alpha arbutin (for skin lightening) it IS NOT greasy AT ALL and goes on completely matte and invisible, your skin is ready for make-up. It is SPF 25 instead of Clarins 40 but from what I've read and been told once you get over SPF 15 it becomes redundant. I urge you to at least try DHC before shelling out $36.50 for the same thing in Clarins. Let me know what you think!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2005 10:13:00 AM More reviews by violamay

I've been using it for two weeks. It does not break me out so far. Unlike other sunscreen products, this one make me feel like to wear it every day since it's very light and non-oily. Thank you for those great reviews.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2005 4:08:00 PM More reviews by islandgirl1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with all these reviews. I was shocked at the super tiny bottle I picked up at Sephora (despite reading about this on MUA) but bought it b/c of the great reviews and am very happy I did.

I have combo/oily skin but it can get dehydrated because of my acne medication. Anyway, this goes great over my moisturizer, has not broken me out (and most things do), and doesn't give my skin that slick oiliness that other suncreens do. I had been using Remede's Translucent UV coat, but realized it probably wasn't providing as much protection as I should use. But I liked the fact it was tinted because I don't wear foundation or powder for the most part. (I do hate Clinique's city block because of the oiliness, broke me out, plus the tint was way too much). So now, I mix the Remede with the Clarins on days I want a tint or just use the Clarins on its own. For right now, this appears to be an HG everyday sunscreen (definitely would not use this if I were going to beach or hiking or something). Worth the bucks.