The Body Shop Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Coco-Glucoside, Carbomer, Algae Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really wanted to like this b/c I like TBS, and it seemed to work great when I tried it during a make-over in the store. I wear dark e/s most days, so I need a good remover. Plus I have sensitive skin. This stuff did sting a bit, and it required more rubbing than I'd like, but it rinsed away easily. I also appreciate that it wasn't oily. I wanted to try something other than my usual L'Oreal eye makeup remover, but this was nothing thrilling. To be fair, it did a good job removing very metallic cream shadow, and I like the flip-top cap on the bottle. It works well with a q-tip to fix little mascara and liner smudges without wrecking the rest of my eye makeup. So I will use this product as an "eraser" and keep looking for my HG eye makeup remover.

I havenít tried MACís yet but these are pretty darn good. Whenever Iím feeling extremely lazy and I donít want to bother with face cleanser, eye make-up remover, a dry towel and the sink Ė I opt for this. Itís very successful at removing face make-up, but I find I have to rub a little more vigorously at my eyes to remove every last bit of mascara and gel eyeliner. Sometimes I will have to run over my eye area with a bit of make up remover to get every last bit. My only gripe is that although this wipe is supposed to be moisturizing, it kind of leaves my skin feeling slightly sticky. So eventually I do have to manually wash my face with water, cleanser and the whole shebang. Nonetheless, great for those lazy days after work. And the baby wipes dispensing packaging is super for keeping the wipes moist. I may re-buy if I cannot discover better

Love this stuff. Gets rid of all my eye make up like no other remover does. Doesn't sting at all, feels so gentle on eyes. I also use this all over my face, gets rid of all traces of make up. I use this on a little cotton pad to get rid of make up and fold it over my lashes to get rid of mascara, then use a cotton bud dipped in this stuff to get rid of eyeliner, works a treat and lasts ages so is worth what it costs. I think i'l repurchase for a good while, if not forever!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

HG. Removes well, rinses clean, isn't drying. Might cause stinging if eye makeup dissolves in the liquid and runs into eyes. Using a small amount on a cotton ball to remove the heaviest eye makeup first before removing the rest mostly prevents this problem. Will repurchase. UPDATE: This product seems to have been reformulated since the early 2000's when I first started using it, and I don't like the product I purchased in 2013 quite as much. I changed my rating accordingly.

Gentle? My eye (no pun intended)! It removes the makeup, but it's the equivalent of getting nail polish (or sulphuric acid?) in your eye. Yeoww!

I bought this product during TBS lunch lounge special one day. It comes in a plastic bottle that has a flip top lid. The product is watery so I use it with a cotton pad. It removes most eyeshadows and concealers with ease. The problems that I have run into is that it does sting my eyes. I have sensitive eyes and this does bother them and causes eye pain sometimes. The other problem is that it does not always remove all of my eye makeup. If I am wearing MAC fluidliners and certain mascaras, it does not do a good job of removing them. I have bought an oilier remover for those products. It does remove almost all of my lipsticks without much effort. This product is below average and I will not purchase again, on to something new.

This eye makeup remover is OK I guess. I haven't tried many yet, but I don't think this is the best around. My lids feel a little tight after using it, and I have to immediately put on eye cream otherwise my lids feel too uncomfortable. However, it is very effective in removing all traces of eyeliner and mascara though. The package is not bad too. I wish it is not as drying though.

It doesn't remove the mascara that of well but what is awful: it burns like crazy. Eye makeup remover should not make you cry... I bought it after the comments of Paula Begoun in her book. Not only I won't buy it again, I'm gonna throw away the whole bottle as soon as I buy smth else. Just not a good staff. Keep away from it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Stung my eye when trying to remove eyeliner from underlids. Was NOT able to remove eyeliner quickly. Black line became gray line, then light gray line, THEN it disappeared. Surprising, cause it erased a dark eyeliner line on the back of my hand pretty effectively before I bought it. Will not repurchase.

Update: Hmm, removes eyeshadow and eyebrow colour pretty decently. Will add lippies.

Personally, I like this much better than the (very) few other make-up removers that I've tried. I especially like the fact that it's not greasy. I have never had a problem with it stinging, and I wear contacts. I always wash my face after removing make-up, so I don't really care if there is a film left, those I rarely notice, compared to the dual phase removers I've tried before. It's really easy to use with the packaging. Definitely going to be my product from now on.