The Body Shop Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Coco-Glucoside, Carbomer, Algae Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 6/11/2005 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

HG. Removes well, rinses clean, isn't drying. Might cause stinging if eye makeup dissolves in the liquid and runs into eyes. Using a small amount on a cotton ball to remove the heaviest eye makeup first before removing the rest mostly prevents this problem. Will repurchase. UPDATE: This product seems to have been reformulated since the early 2000's when I first started using it, and I don't like the product I purchased in 2013 quite as much. I changed my rating accordingly.

on 5/21/2005 6:45:00 AM

Gentle? My eye (no pun intended)! It removes the makeup, but it's the equivalent of getting nail polish (or sulphuric acid?) in your eye. Yeoww!

on 5/19/2005 3:29:00 PM

I bought this product during TBS lunch lounge special one day. It comes in a plastic bottle that has a flip top lid. The product is watery so I use it with a cotton pad. It removes most eyeshadows and concealers with ease. The problems that I have run into is that it does sting my eyes. I have sensitive eyes and this does bother them and causes eye pain sometimes. The other problem is that it does not always remove all of my eye makeup. If I am wearing MAC fluidliners and certain mascaras, it does not do a good job of removing them. I have bought an oilier remover for those products. It does remove almost all of my lipsticks without much effort. This product is below average and I will not purchase again, on to something new.

on 4/30/2005 1:03:00 PM

This eye makeup remover is OK I guess. I haven't tried many yet, but I don't think this is the best around. My lids feel a little tight after using it, and I have to immediately put on eye cream otherwise my lids feel too uncomfortable. However, it is very effective in removing all traces of eyeliner and mascara though. The package is not bad too. I wish it is not as drying though.

on 4/29/2005 6:21:00 AM

It doesn't remove the mascara that of well but what is awful: it burns like crazy. Eye makeup remover should not make you cry... I bought it after the comments of Paula Begoun in her book. Not only I won't buy it again, I'm gonna throw away the whole bottle as soon as I buy smth else. Just not a good staff. Keep away from it.

on 4/19/2005 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Stung my eye when trying to remove eyeliner from underlids. Was NOT able to remove eyeliner quickly. Black line became gray line, then light gray line, THEN it disappeared. Surprising, cause it erased a dark eyeliner line on the back of my hand pretty effectively before I bought it. Will not repurchase.

Update: Hmm, removes eyeshadow and eyebrow colour pretty decently. Will add lippies.

on 4/18/2005 4:22:00 PM

Personally, I like this much better than the (very) few other make-up removers that I've tried. I especially like the fact that it's not greasy. I have never had a problem with it stinging, and I wear contacts. I always wash my face after removing make-up, so I don't really care if there is a film left, those I rarely notice, compared to the dual phase removers I've tried before. It's really easy to use with the packaging. Definitely going to be my product from now on.

on 3/17/2005 3:06:00 AM

I used to use Clinique Eye Makeup Remover, but it was killing my thin eyelids -- remember, your eyelids have the thinnest skin on your whole body, so be careful! I was in TBS buying something random and noticed the Chamomile remover and was intrigued so I picked it up. After using it to remove mascara, shadow and liner after a night out (I use quilted cotton squares, but am thinking about switching to rounds), my eyelids felt fine. More use of it, and my eyelids weren't burning or dry afterwards. The chamomile is key to this, I think! I like the packaging of this product, and I wish more products (cleansers especially!) were in bottles with flip-top caps. This remover has no scent and lasts a long time because you don't need a ton of it to take off eye makeup. I also sweep it over my face before cleansing as a general remover, to loosen stuff up. Definite repurchase!

on 3/12/2005 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm on my second bottle. This product works very well at removing any kind of makeup from my very sensitive eyes. Will buy again.

on 3/4/2005 11:17:00 AM

It stung my eyes and the skin around my eyes, the packaging was so ugly I decanted it into an old Paul & Joe bottle. It does remove eye makeup, but mmm that burning sensation...? I prefer using good old Cetaphil, which is also dirt cheap and has ugly packaging, but is milder on the skin.