LUSH Flying Fox Shower Gel

3.7

on 2/20/2005 5:51:00 PM

Hmm, this is rather pleasantly fragranced (smokey Jasmine and honey) but as a shower gel it isn't very mosturizing, I'd prefer a richer base, probably will buy again as I love the smell of Jasmine, it's so nice last thing at night for relaxing (I read in a magazine that a study had been carried out that showed it was good in helping people fall a sleep) and lovely and uplifting first thing in the morning, I may add some grapeseed oil or another light oil to make it more moisturzing.

on 2/18/2005 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Amazing jasmine shower gel with the color and texture of honey. The smell is strong and deadly sexy, and it lingers on both body and hair. Incidentally this could be the little sister to Serge Lutens' very swanky "A La Nuit" perfume. Pricey but will continue to buy as long as they make it.

on 2/14/2005 12:25:00 PM

Wow I love this. Smells like jasmine and honey and even looks like honey.

on 1/28/2005 12:55:00 PM

This shower gel smells great in the bottle- like a strong jasmine. It's very nice. When you get it in the shower, however, the scent completely morphs. It's a totally different scent when wet; one that I find to be mainly honey, and one which I don't like. The scent when when is sickeningly sweet, and it's strong- too strong.

on 12/21/2004 9:10:00 PM

Have been using this for about a month now. What a sexy, feminine, floral fragrance. AND, the best part, it lingers on my skin after I put body cream on (usually Dream Cream or Sympathy for the Skin). Just an allover wonderful experience. Be sure to shake up the bottle before you use it to enfuse it with the honey (which has a tendency to sink to the bottom). Now, all we need to complete the experience is some Flying Fox body cream.

on 12/14/2004 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wow, what a gorgeous rich and heady scent! Jasmine and honey envelope you into a relaxing sensual dream land. When I pour this into my palm and the smell fills the room I feel like royalty. Just a small drop lathers your whole body leaving you clean and relaxed without leaving that overdrying squeaky clean feeling. Gentle enough to use on your face also.

on 11/30/2004 12:25:00 PM

Tried this stuff for the 1st time this morning. Yum. A pretty, feminine, floral fragrance. More jasmine to my nose than honey. Glad I purchased the ginormous bottle (wish I'd done that with the Skinny Dip too, but I sure will in the future). Recommended if you tend to like sweeter fragrances. AND, I could still smell the jasmine after applying Dream Cream. An absolute repurchase.

on 11/17/2004 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Mmmmm, I love the smell of this shower gel. It is very sensual and makes me feel like I want someone to nibble me all over ;-) It is my favourite night-time Lush shower gel (fave morning-time gel is Chai, which is great for those cold winter mornings).

on 11/4/2004 10:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The sales assistant in LUSH described this shower gel as very similar to Honey I Washed The Kids soap. I would strongly disagree with that idea. HIWTK has a very candy-like caramel-toffee scent. In Flying Fox, on the other hand, jasmine and ylang-ylang are the predominant notes. These are two of my favorite notes, so I'm thrilled, but they blend to create a fragrance that's more sharp than sweet. Flying Fox is the slightly spicier sister of our beloved B Never shower gel, where the honey was the most noticable ingredient and the floral notes were more subtle. FF might even help me recover from the loss of B Never. Try before you buy, though, since it won't be to everyone's liking.

on 11/4/2004 10:54:00 AM

I knew I'd love this - jasmine and honey are two of my favourite smells ever. Big, big fan, esp when the bathroom's full of that wonderful steamy jasmine fug just after I've used it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials