September 19, 2014 | 1846 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2006 1:22:00 PM More reviews by joodles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

For my NC30-35 skin, the Clinique lady selected Stay Neutral (02). I thought it would be too light but it was a good match and did not deposit too much additional color on my face. Unlike many powders, this one did not leave my skin looking or feeling dry. Although I have combination skin, this did not adequately control oil. After a few hours, my face looked shiny again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2006 7:22:00 AM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I dont get how this gets such bad reviews. I love it. It works well to blot up shine, or if you dont want to wear foundation, it works great alone. I bought this in Stay Buff and its a perfect match. It kept my nose free from shine all day (granted, I dont have terribly oily skin, but it can get shiny sometimes). The sponge isnt bad, but you should wash it frequently. its a repurchase for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2006 8:52:00 PM More reviews by wanderlust23

This product is the worse pressed powder I have very oily skin like it gets oily 5 minutes after I WASH my face and acne-prone.The powder does not DELIVER what it says it will do.I hate it soooo much I just want to throw it away!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2006 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Sophia17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this pressed powder because I was impressed by my HG Clinique loose powder, but I was wrong this pressed powder is nothing like the loose one. It doesn't blot for long and it doesn't cover that much it's like nothing on my skin, I think I could get a cheeper powder for that results, but it's good for sensitive skins, I have sensitve skin and didn't break out at all!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2006 12:27:00 AM More reviews by sarathan

I think this powder is just okay...not horrible but not the greatest either. It keeps my skin shine-free for awhile, but I definitley need touch-ups and I don't have extremely oily skin. I do like the smell and the packaging quality is nice, but I think there are betters powders out there. **UPDATE** I just bought this powder again, but in a lighter shade. I was using Stay Neutral before and now I have Stay Buff. I have to say I like this powder so much better now. My skin looked a little ruddy before, so I guess I just had the wrong shade. My skin looks fresher now. I still don't feel like I can give it 5 stars, but I can move it up from 3 stars to 4.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2006 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Eyerish444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It doesn't have a very great amount of coverage and has to be reapplied often if you are an oily/combo gal. It's just a so-so product to me and would rather invest my money in other products.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2006 6:11:00 PM More reviews by RedSara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using the product in Stay Neutral for the last 5 years. It does it's job pretty well for me. I use it over a light moisturizer or tinted moisturizer and it takes away my shine and evens my skin tone without getting cakey. When I used to use it with the sponge that it comes with, my boyfriend could tell I had makeup on and said it would sometimes look streaky. Now that I use it with a big fluffy brush, it goes on smoother and lasts longer. Gives a flawless finish. I do have to repurchase about every 3-4 months though, it doesn't last very long in the pan.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2006 5:12:00 AM More reviews by BooBear47

This poweder is pretty good, bu definately not the best. It will turn a different shade on you once you become oily later in the day, but you can just touch up and it will look fine, It looks absloutely beautiful when you first put it on!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2006 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Sugar_Foot01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In my opinion, this is one of the worst products Clinique has created. I love most of Clinique's Cosmetics, but trying this powder was a horrible experience. Since I have oily/acne prone skin, the sales chic informed me that this powder is best for my skin type. When I purchased the powder, I couldn't wait to get home and try it. I washed my face, applied a toner and moisturizer. I applied the powder to my face and ended up looking ashy and death stricken. I used Stay Honey. It looked like cheap funeral home make-up. My skin broke out on the forehead area. It used to be clear. My complexion was ruddy and very, very, very, very, very oily. I returned the "Stay Matte Crap" and got a refuned. This product needs to be reformulated or discontinued!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2006 3:01:00 AM More reviews by stefleaf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this powder in Stay Neutral, in a trial-sized compact. The powder bin was only about 1" in diameter, and the mirror was just about the same: freaking tiny. Kind of ridiculous... I don't know why they bothered putting that mirror. Not the best of designs. I guess it looks cute, but it's weird when you have to use another mirror to apply the powder when you have that little one staring you in the face. Oh well.

This powder compact also came with a small round sponge. In a word: YUCK. If you ask me, everyone should stop using sponges in pressed powder compacts. They grow bacteria like crazy. Maybe some people like using sponges because the texture is different, but you should throw or wash those sponges after every use and dry them well, otherwise you shouldn't use them at all.

Now, for the powder itself, it's a bit funny-looking. The color was all right, I guess, but it looks cakey on my skin and doesn't do much to blot out the oil. Maybe it's because I'm Filipino... like other Asians, I have a warmer, more yellow-toned complexion than Caucasians and have a more difficult time finding powders that "disappear" on my skin. Some powders make me look ashy and some make me look unnaturally pink. The Clinique Stay Neutral should have been the safest color, but it looked rather clumpy. It didn't do much to absorb oil, either... like some of the other reviewers, I found myself having to reapply several times. Eck. Such a disappointing product for the Clinique line. Definitely not worth the price, definitely not for me. continued >>