Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

on 12/13/2006 4:38:00 AM

I've used this powder for years, and I won't use anything else. I've tried loads of other products, but this one is the best. I have very sensitive skin, and this works well. It never looks 'chalky' like so many powders, and it doesn't just sit on top of the skin. And the sponge applicator is great.
To reviewers who thought it needed to be re-applied too often because of shine: Try just blotting the shine with a tissue; you shouldn't need to apply more.

on 11/28/2006 5:24:00 PM

Gives pretty good coverage, but not the best staying power; you have to apply it several times during the day. Doesn't look chalky or fake, so still an overall good powder.

on 11/4/2006 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This has been my HG pressed powder for years! I began wearing this while in high school, like many other Clinique products. I have tried many others throughout the years but I always come back to this. I'm a PPP and wear Stay Buff and it is perfect, never chaulky, and is fragrance free. This controls any shine breakthrough and doesn't breakout my skin or clog my pores. Love it!

on 10/25/2006 1:22:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

For my NC30-35 skin, the Clinique lady selected Stay Neutral (02). I thought it would be too light but it was a good match and did not deposit too much additional color on my face. Unlike many powders, this one did not leave my skin looking or feeling dry. Although I have combination skin, this did not adequately control oil. After a few hours, my face looked shiny again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I dont get how this gets such bad reviews. I love it. It works well to blot up shine, or if you dont want to wear foundation, it works great alone. I bought this in Stay Buff and its a perfect match. It kept my nose free from shine all day (granted, I dont have terribly oily skin, but it can get shiny sometimes). The sponge isnt bad, but you should wash it frequently. its a repurchase for me.

on 10/16/2006 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product is the worse pressed powder I have very oily skin like it gets oily 5 minutes after I WASH my face and acne-prone.The powder does not DELIVER what it says it will do.I hate it soooo much I just want to throw it away!!!!

on 10/10/2006 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this pressed powder because I was impressed by my HG Clinique loose powder, but I was wrong this pressed powder is nothing like the loose one. It doesn't blot for long and it doesn't cover that much it's like nothing on my skin, I think I could get a cheeper powder for that results, but it's good for sensitive skins, I have sensitve skin and didn't break out at all!

on 8/30/2006 12:27:00 AM

I think this powder is just okay...not horrible but not the greatest either. It keeps my skin shine-free for awhile, but I definitley need touch-ups and I don't have extremely oily skin. I do like the smell and the packaging quality is nice, but I think there are betters powders out there. **UPDATE** I just bought this powder again, but in a lighter shade. I was using Stay Neutral before and now I have Stay Buff. I have to say I like this powder so much better now. My skin looked a little ruddy before, so I guess I just had the wrong shade. My skin looks fresher now. I still don't feel like I can give it 5 stars, but I can move it up from 3 stars to 4.

on 8/27/2006 8:10:00 PM

It doesn't have a very great amount of coverage and has to be reapplied often if you are an oily/combo gal. It's just a so-so product to me and would rather invest my money in other products.

on 8/6/2006 6:11:00 PM

I have been using the product in Stay Neutral for the last 5 years. It does it's job pretty well for me. I use it over a light moisturizer or tinted moisturizer and it takes away my shine and evens my skin tone without getting cakey. When I used to use it with the sponge that it comes with, my boyfriend could tell I had makeup on and said it would sometimes look streaky. Now that I use it with a big fluffy brush, it goes on smoother and lasts longer. Gives a flawless finish. I do have to repurchase about every 3-4 months though, it doesn't last very long in the pan.

Recommended for Normal Skin