October 22, 2014 | 1861 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Up The Amp

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2007 3:07:00 PM More reviews by BebeLush

Currently on my third tube - I adore violet shades, and this one is definitely the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2007 4:22:00 PM More reviews by lovemm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this lipstick! I was hesitant to buy it because I didn't think I would get enough use out of it but I definitely have! It is a highly pigmented violet colour that looks great when going out at night, but I also love it with a very simple, clean face for daytime.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2007 8:22:00 AM More reviews by honeybees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

wow. very unique color. sort of a pinkish violet purpley pink.
i just bought this yesterday, but after trying it on i am going to have to really think about what i wear it with, clothing wise! and black is about the only color i could come up with right now that didnt take the attention away from its gorgeousness.
some ladies suggested it mostly being a night look. however
i think if used properly could easily be a beautiful daytime pop of color!

EDIT:
even though i love this color (so so unique)... i am returning it today. i became logical one day and just couldnt see myself using this enough to make it worth what i paid for. definitely would be amazing for parties.. but i'm not one of those nightlife girls. :) sorry uptheamp.
continued >>

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2006 3:41:00 AM More reviews by MakeupISart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this lipstick! Never woulda thought I could pull off this color. Its just pretty, and I love the formula! Its pretty dramatic though, I was actually scared to wear it the first time! I would probably only wear it out at night, as I think its a bit too much for daytime. Still great though! :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2006 8:15:00 PM More reviews by sushiiflower

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

GGG - C40 - Brown Hair - Brown Eyes

Up the Amp! Where have you been all my life? I am natural, brown, pink kinda gal. When I originally saw the ad for MAC's Up the Amp Collection, I loved the lips. But really, it's an ad & not real life. Then, I started seeing a few people wear it sucessfully in the LJ Communities and I thought, geez, that is such a gorgeous color but I never thought in a million years I could pull off the violet pink look. Boy was I wrong! I returned a few empties and I figured, ah why the hell not, it was free! Plus my MA, who happened to be a few shades darker than me said she wore is ALL the time. Once she applied it to my lips, I was sold. I absolutely adore this color. By itself, it's a tad drying to my lips (but lips are ALWAYS dry, so I need to use a balm underneath, this is an amplified creme so it shouldn't be drying on "normal" people) so I would probably wear this with gloss on top.

It's definitely not for the faint of heart, and it's not an every day color, but surprisingly quite wearable for those special occasions. My MA told me to pair this with Nightmoth Lip Liner to darken the color a bit to give it a deeper violet color, and I added Morning Glory Lipglass over the top to give it a shiny coat-- SO GORGEOUS. It turns the violet pink into the color that resembles the up the amp ad. On it's own, it's not quite as purple, more pink by itself. Also, I tried Up the amp with Morning Glory Lipglass on top (minus the pencil) it was still a great color but it gave it such a pretty sheen. (and i should mention i also hate glitter, but it did not look glittery) I recommend EVERYONE to try this color. I think you'd be surprised on well this color will work. It's definitely not run of the mill, and coming from someone who hates bright colors, I think that speaks volumes.

continued >>

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2006 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Artemis123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The colour really stood out at the counter and i wanted to see what it would look like on me as a lipstick - it turned out looking really good... the colour is great for skin tones that go well with blue-reds, b/c it's essentially a purple-mauve-lavender-pink... it can get bright it you layer it, but can be a just a cute pink if you don't do too much... I really like it, it's different and unique, not just like all the corals and peaches and berries and plums... if you wanna stand out, try it, but becareful, it might not go well with some skin tones, try it at the counter first!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2006 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Shavwi

This isn't as bright on me as it is on some people - it's a mid-tone mauve-lavender on me. I see mostly mauve when I wear it. It looks great against my cool toned skin. I highly reccomend this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2006 8:04:00 PM More reviews by erynnj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick, the formula is fantastic and its very moistureizing! i love the color so much, like no other hard to described but pretty! i liked it so much i bought 2 more that are the "amplified" formula.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2005 11:45:00 AM More reviews by marshmello

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This color is definitely not for the timid. It's bold! Very pretty pinky violet shade. The formula is creamy and a bit sheer so the lasting power isn't that great. I normally pair this with my Grape, Currant or Nightmoth lip pencils. It's ok but not quite right with my skin tone. I'm sure this would look fantabulous on the right person.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2005 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Evalina76

Up the amp is a very bright mauvey pink that I thought at first might be too strong for my NC15 colouring, but it looks absolutely stunning on - it brightens my skin and makes my brown eyes look darker and stand out more. I wear it as a sheer stain, with Whirl lip pencil and BeneFit's Kiss Me gloss on top. This is a beautiful colour that would probably flatter most brown eyed brunettes, from the palest to the darkest skin tones.
Update: Nars Malta lipliner is PERFECT for lining with Up The Amp