Clinique Lash Building Primer

3.8

After reading the good reviews on MUA, I decided to give this primer a try. When I first applied and let it dry (like the package says) and then tried to put my mascara on, it didn't seem to go on very well at all. So I added another coat and my lashes looked pretty good. Not excellent, but there was a litle bit of an extra pop to my eyes. However, it began irritating my eyes (i have sensitive eyes AND i wear contacts) a few hours after I put it on! I tried it three times (with different mascaras to make sure it was the Clinique stuff and not MY mascara), and the same thing happened each time, so I ended up returning it. I felt bad since it got such great reviews, but what can i say- I have super sensitive eyes.

on 4/21/2004 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because i was curious about lash primers and since this one received such good reviews, i thought i would give it a try. I must say that I was really disappointed. I have very straight Asian lashes that point down naturally. I curled them, then applied the primer and then put mascara on. I have tried applying mascara while primer is still wet and I also tried it when it dried. Both ways made a mess. In addition, it weighed down my lashes and my curl didn't hold. Not buyign this again...in fact I'm returning it

on 4/3/2004 5:48:00 PM

I use Clinique's Naturally Glossy mascara and adore it, but sometimes feel I need a bit more oomph! I was on a mascara hunt, but stopped when I read the positive reviews for this new product. I never tried a primer of any kind (foundation or lash), so I wasn't sure what to expect. When you swipe it on it goes on a little wet with a bit of whitish clumps on the tips(not a bad thing though). But, I've found that if you wipe off the excess from the brush, it helps it go on evenly with less white bits. Let it dry, then swipe on mascara as usual. It added more thickness and length to my lashes and made it last all day without the slightest smudge. It even brought out the slight natural curl of my lashes!! It was just what I was looking for! Took something I love and make it even better! Now, the only thing I don't like is that I added to the cost of my mascara by $12. So, I can't say for sure I'm going to be repurchasing on a regular basis. I wish Clinique made this product less $. But, I still give this product 5 "lippies"!

I want you to get up from the computer and run to your local Clinique counter to get this stuff. First off, let me say that I hate Clinique for the most part. But after reading the reviews of this product off of MUA, I decided to try it. After all, I've always wanted Audrey Hepburn eyelashes like in Breakfast at Tiffany's without wearing falsies. Well, this stuff is incredible. I have Audrey lashes, and there is no smudging. I even took a nap with it on for three hours, and my lashes still looked amazing!

on 3/18/2004 3:44:00 PM

This is a very good lash primer(and I've tried a lot - including Armani's). While it does wilt my curled lashes just a bit (I just recurl them), it results in my lashes looking more lush and long - AND I no longer have smudgies or flakes - but I don't like how much product is glopped on the brush (which is then transferred to my lashes). After this runs out, I'll try Lancome's equivalent.

on 3/9/2004 4:20:00 PM

I really like this primer. No more raccoon eyes with this. There are no more smudges. Even crying through a sappy movie and your mascara is still in place.

I was skeptical, but the SA caught me at a moment when I was eager to spend and try new things. I am so glad that I did--this product is excellent. It separates lashes and gives a nice base for mascara. THe best thing it does is that it prevents smudgeing. This used to be a huge problem for me, but ever since using this I haven't seen any smearing or racoon eyes. An excellent product.

on 2/19/2004 7:22:00 PM

This product works very well. Does coat each lash but leaves them still feeling soft. The only thing I don't like is the packaging - the product tends to "glob" up at the top of the tube (I think the tube does not wipe the wand well enough to prevent this). Other that this, it is a good product.

on 2/10/2004 5:33:00 PM

I just picked this up after watching a woman get a make-over..Her Eyelashes looked INCREDIBLE- now, I never really liked nor purchased Clinique since high school(20+ years ago)..BUT- this NEW lash building Primer is Genius- It coats each & every lash & dries quickly- My Lancome mascara turned into a 'False' eyelash Event! If you want LONG, thick, evenly coated lashes & BEYOND- get this baby! will re-purchase

on 1/31/2004 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

When my friend at Clinique told me that they were launching a mascara primer, I was intrigued. My lashes don't need much help looking nice, but I always love it when I can pull off the 'I got Betty Boop's eyes' look. Man, does this stuff deliver! I have MAJOR lashes when I use this under my 2000 calorie mascara! Sure, it's not a look to go to work in, but for the weekend, BAM! I love the big, full applicator brush that finds every teeny hair I have and coats it completely. One coat of this under your mascara, and I promise you, you'll never need to buy false lashes again. Yay!

Popular Mascaras