December 17, 2014 | 1737 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2007 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Ciaofiore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the ONLY eye makeup remover I will use. I have used others when I ran out and had to borrow from my roommates. NOTHING compared to the Almay pads.
Oily? Yes, but so what? I am washing my face immediately after. It is the silky oil that makes it is so easy to remove all traces of eye makeup with these and it conditions your lashes and washes off with your face cleanser without a trace. I wear contact lenses too, so I take them out before hand or the oil will stay on my lenses.

I will never use anything else! There is nothing I dislike about this product!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2007 8:06:00 PM More reviews by BlackAmberMoon

I really love these pads - yes, they're oily, but they COMPLETELY remove mascara, even waterproof. And I like that my eyes are moisturized afterward. For those who think they're too oily, try them again. They have reformulated them so they're not quite as oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2007 1:11:00 PM More reviews by stillmarissa

Please consider all reviews before you decide whether to use this product. Many reviews seem to be very closed-minded to other's personal preferences. These are the "moisturizing" version of Almay's Hypo-Allergenic eye makeup remover pads. I have been using these, along with water-proof mascara, for about 11 years. Yes, they are oily; but truthfully this is what I love about them. I attribute the health of my eyelashes (long and thick) and eye-area (no wrinkles, bags or dark circles) partly to this product. Waterproof masacra can be very damaging to your lashes as can the way you remove them with harsh rubbing and pulling, which is also damaging to the thin skin around your eye. These make-up remover pads easily remove my eye makeup and moisturize my lashes and undereye area at the same time. I only use this for my lashes and eye area. After removal, I blot off oil with a tissue and proceed with my face cleansing ritual. As for those who say they get the oil in their eye, I suppose it depends how you apply it. I am a contact lens wearer and in the 11 years I have used these this has rarely happened to me. When it did, it was not a bother as when I tissue-off the oil it goes right away. However, I understand this can be a personal issue. In summary, this is a great moisturizing eye make-up remover. It is oily, so try the oil-free ones if preferred. I suppose there are other great eye makeup removers out there but for the price and delivery of this one I am not interested in the other high priced ones on the market today.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2006 10:00:00 PM More reviews by hot_mama

Ewwww, so oily. Like rubbing a big handful of Crisco on your face, and yes, the oil ends up coating your eyeballs. Not pleasant.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2006 7:50:00 PM More reviews by lovesittxx

These were THE WORST eye makeup removers I have ever tried. They were actually laying in oil when I opened it, and they were drenched when I picked one up. So gross. It left so much residue all over my face, it dripped down and everything, then blinded me on top of that. It felt like I had sprayed a can of cooking oil on my face. And it took a few anyways to even get my makeup off. Disgusting.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2006 10:48:00 PM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Nothing beats the convenience of these pads when it comes to removing eye m/u AND those long-wearing lip formulas that are great for all day wear, but impossible to remove at the end of the day. I do not need to use these everyday for two reasons. First is that I cannot use these when I am wearing my contact lenses. These pads leave an oily residue on the lenses that is irritating, and can only be cleaned off by removing the lens. Second, my usual philosophy facial cleaner can usually remove all of my eye makeup, with the exception of the days I use waterproof mascara or I have done a smokey eye (or some other heavy eye m/u). Those days I need a little extra help to remove every trace of m/u, and these pads do the trick. No scrubbing required, both sides of the pad are usable, it is very moisturizing to the delicate eye area and lip area, and it removes all traces of m/u! I have never had to use two pads for one area of my face. I like to use the pads before I cleanse my face, which helps to remove some of the oily residue the pads can leave behind. No matter how much mascara or liner I wear, the next morning, my face and eyes are squeaky clean...no "morning after" eye smudges of last nights m/u!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2006 9:55:00 PM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

These work. However, I do not like the oily residue left on my EYEBALLS or skin. I end up being partially blind after I use them until my tear ducts blink the oil away!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2006 2:44:00 PM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got these b/c I started using waterproof mascara again & the remover I had would not work. I can say that these do work but I don't like the oily residue they leave behind. These definitely aren't for morning use due to the oil factor, but they are okay for evening use. The pads are too small. I wish they were larger so I didn't have to swipe so many times on and around my eyes. I don't recall these being very expensive but I think I will just look for something else the next time. I probably won't repurchase unless I can't find anything I like better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2006 10:54:00 AM More reviews by JWILLS

I love these. The one eye make up remover that actaully takes off all my eye make up wiht no dark rings under my eyes! I then use my daily facial cloths to "clean up" any oil left. I wouldnt use in the AM as my eye make up would never stay on due to the oil but they work awesome for night!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2006 10:56:00 PM More reviews by fabulous_crystal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

argh! so, the price is perfect for these, they do the job, but damn are these oily!!!! the pads are completely drenched and in order for me to be able to see again (the oil linger on my eyelashes and perturbs my vision) i need to wipe my lashes with a tissue, rinse, and wipe again....so many steps!!! i will say, that they take eye and lip makeup off well and they were cheap, so i'm not too upset