Almay Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads

2.5

Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Camellia Sensis Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

I'm surprised this has such a low rating! These work great, they remove my eye makeup like a charm and leave my sensitive eyes feeling soft and moisturized. I bought these by mistake because i couldn't remember what the highest rated eye makeup remover here was. I had been going without, and after spending a good 20 minutes trying to remove heavy black liner last night, which left my eyes puffy and irritated this morning I immediately went out in search of something today. I'm glad I got these though, sure they're oily but after cleansing there's not a single bit of oil left behind. My eyes also feel very soft. I'll definately re-purchase these.

on 3/11/2007 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is the ONLY eye makeup remover I will use. I have used others when I ran out and had to borrow from my roommates. NOTHING compared to the Almay pads.
Oily? Yes, but so what? I am washing my face immediately after. It is the silky oil that makes it is so easy to remove all traces of eye makeup with these and it conditions your lashes and washes off with your face cleanser without a trace. I wear contact lenses too, so I take them out before hand or the oil will stay on my lenses.

I will never use anything else! There is nothing I dislike about this product!!!!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really love these pads - yes, they're oily, but they COMPLETELY remove mascara, even waterproof. And I like that my eyes are moisturized afterward. For those who think they're too oily, try them again. They have reformulated them so they're not quite as oily.

Please consider all reviews before you decide whether to use this product. Many reviews seem to be very closed-minded to other's personal preferences. These are the "moisturizing" version of Almay's Hypo-Allergenic eye makeup remover pads. I have been using these, along with water-proof mascara, for about 11 years. Yes, they are oily; but truthfully this is what I love about them. I attribute the health of my eyelashes (long and thick) and eye-area (no wrinkles, bags or dark circles) partly to this product. Waterproof masacra can be very damaging to your lashes as can the way you remove them with harsh rubbing and pulling, which is also damaging to the thin skin around your eye. These make-up remover pads easily remove my eye makeup and moisturize my lashes and undereye area at the same time. I only use this for my lashes and eye area. After removal, I blot off oil with a tissue and proceed with my face cleansing ritual. As for those who say they get the oil in their eye, I suppose it depends how you apply it. I am a contact lens wearer and in the 11 years I have used these this has rarely happened to me. When it did, it was not a bother as when I tissue-off the oil it goes right away. However, I understand this can be a personal issue. In summary, this is a great moisturizing eye make-up remover. It is oily, so try the oil-free ones if preferred. I suppose there are other great eye makeup removers out there but for the price and delivery of this one I am not interested in the other high priced ones on the market today.

on 12/30/2006 10:00:00 PM

Ewwww, so oily. Like rubbing a big handful of Crisco on your face, and yes, the oil ends up coating your eyeballs. Not pleasant.

on 12/30/2006 7:50:00 PM

These were THE WORST eye makeup removers I have ever tried. They were actually laying in oil when I opened it, and they were drenched when I picked one up. So gross. It left so much residue all over my face, it dripped down and everything, then blinded me on top of that. It felt like I had sprayed a can of cooking oil on my face. And it took a few anyways to even get my makeup off. Disgusting.

on 12/16/2006 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Nothing beats the convenience of these pads when it comes to removing eye m/u AND those long-wearing lip formulas that are great for all day wear, but impossible to remove at the end of the day. I do not need to use these everyday for two reasons. First is that I cannot use these when I am wearing my contact lenses. These pads leave an oily residue on the lenses that is irritating, and can only be cleaned off by removing the lens. Second, my usual philosophy facial cleaner can usually remove all of my eye makeup, with the exception of the days I use waterproof mascara or I have done a smokey eye (or some other heavy eye m/u). Those days I need a little extra help to remove every trace of m/u, and these pads do the trick. No scrubbing required, both sides of the pad are usable, it is very moisturizing to the delicate eye area and lip area, and it removes all traces of m/u! I have never had to use two pads for one area of my face. I like to use the pads before I cleanse my face, which helps to remove some of the oily residue the pads can leave behind. No matter how much mascara or liner I wear, the next morning, my face and eyes are squeaky clean...no "morning after" eye smudges of last nights m/u!

on 11/22/2006 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

These work. However, I do not like the oily residue left on my EYEBALLS or skin. I end up being partially blind after I use them until my tear ducts blink the oil away!

on 11/21/2006 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I got these b/c I started using waterproof mascara again & the remover I had would not work. I can say that these do work but I don't like the oily residue they leave behind. These definitely aren't for morning use due to the oil factor, but they are okay for evening use. The pads are too small. I wish they were larger so I didn't have to swipe so many times on and around my eyes. I don't recall these being very expensive but I think I will just look for something else the next time. I probably won't repurchase unless I can't find anything I like better.

on 11/13/2006 10:54:00 AM

I love these. The one eye make up remover that actaully takes off all my eye make up wiht no dark rings under my eyes! I then use my daily facial cloths to "clean up" any oil left. I wouldnt use in the AM as my eye make up would never stay on due to the oil but they work awesome for night!