October 24, 2014 | 1057 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Ultra Liner Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2009 1:34:00 PM More reviews by hotpinkstapler

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When I first put on this product, i like how it looks. But I find that as the day goes on, it starts to peel and become scaly. I love liquid eyeliner, but I really didn't like this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by shindee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised at the low ratings. This is, without a doubt, the BEST liquid eyeliner out there. I have oily lids and it doesn't budge in the slightest. You can easily correct mistakes as it will wipe off with water when it's still wet. Otherwise, it really does stay on with no smudges, all day! I find it quite easy to put on, and I have a shaky hand. The first time I tried this product, I basically drew a branching tree on my eyelid LOL. It takes practice, but it's well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 9:52:00 PM More reviews by fr0stin3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have greasy eyelids. The question generally becomes not IF it will smudge but WHEN it will smear. My eyelids practically defy the laws of physics and science because they will impeach nearly all "waterproof" and "smudgeproof" claims. Until I found this product. I was very skeptical at first. But after the texture revealed itself to be similar to a plastic-like adhesive rather than pigment floating in a binding agent that evaporates and leaves behind free-floating pigment, I loved it. It does not smear because it's not pigment. It does not budge because it has the same physical properties as eyelash adhesive. It is perfect. And it will always make a clear line. It will take a bit of practice to get used to it. But it's like learning to use white eyeliner on the waterline. SO WORTH IT.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by CherryO03

I love this eyeliner. I have gone through my share of eyeliners and this by far is the best over any mac, Avon or any other brand I have purchased into the past. It has a glossy look and it is TRULY waterproof. I have seen it go through rain and amusement park water rides without fading or feathering. But it looks great, I would and have definitely purchased this product over and over again.

I guess the only downside to this product is that the brush is super tiny with a short handle. I prefer it that way because it offers more control and you can achieve a super thin line. But it can be difficult for those who are used to felt tip liquid liners.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 7:08:00 PM More reviews by raynie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

a very good liquid eyeliner if you use it in a right way. i did an experiment to it and found out that its 100% smudgeproof and 100% waterproof. so what else do you want from it? some ppl may say that it chipped crazily. i think thats because u rubbed your eyelids! the interesting thing i found out about this eyeliner is that it is waterproof, but if u rub it while u wash it under water, then it starts chippy and being removed. isnt that a good way to remove this eyeliner? that means its not only smudgeproof, waterproof, but also water removable? lol 5 lippies product!

EDIT: I reduce one lippie. only because its not stay well and smear easily on your waterline. also, it a lil bit irritates my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2009 1:50:00 PM More reviews by vanessa1590

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Really good basic liquid liner. As another reviewer has said, I think some expect too much in a liquid liner. This liner will not budge or fade if properly applied. It's dark and long lasting, yet it is easy to remove at the end of the day. I love the little bottle and I find the brush to be the perfect size for a thin or thicker line. I don't know if I would pay full price for this but I got this BOGOF and if that offer was available again, I would pick this up.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2009 12:32:00 AM More reviews by carolmelapple

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this eyeliner so much! the brush isn't the greatest because it's not like a felt tip or anything, it's more like a nail polish brush, except smaller. This comes off sooo easily and doesn't smudge at all! LOVE this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used to live and die by this eye liner - that is till I began my love affair with cake and gel liners (but that is another review). This is one of the best liquid liners I have tried - it's easy to apply, the formula isn't too wet (it that makes sense), it's buildable, long lasting, does not flake off and removes with little effort. I prefer the brush application for I can control the thickness of liner better than the felt tip applicator. This is great stuff and the only con I think off is it dries to a shiny finish but what liquid liner doesn't? If you like liquid liners this is a good option to try.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2009 2:50:00 PM More reviews by debluv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

this eyeliner, honestly, is pretty horrible. the only reason i gave it a lippie is because it does have ah- mazing staying power and i live in a really hot and humid place. personally i wouldn't recommend this to anyone because it looks ugly and cheap when its on. plus the fact that it also looks very un-natural when its on, seriously it is wayyy to shiny and scaly looking and peeels off yuck.!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2009 1:24:00 AM More reviews by LorelaiHarlow

This is my favorite liquid liner. Is it perfect? Do I think I'm going to find anything better? No & no.
This is the only waterproof liner I have ever used that actually lives up to it's promise. It peels off rather than washes off, but I prefer it that way due to the staying power. Every liner up until this has smudged throughout the day. I'm seeing a lot of people say its too shiny, but I haven't noticed ANY shine at all.
I don't really mind the brush nor do I find it as hard to use as everyone's complaining. It could be simpler to apply, but all in all the applicator is not a con in my book.
My only complaints is it's hard to put on my bottom eyelids because it gets caught in the lashes & then smudges. However that's not uncommon with liquid liner.
xoxox