December 18, 2014 | 1677 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Ultra Liner Waterproof

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2009 11:39:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This eyeliner glides on alright, but when it dries, it has this shine to it that makes it look like patent leather or dried tar on your lids!! I like a more natural look for my liners, and feel as though the look this gives is tacky. I actually didn't have to pay money for this because it came free with my maybelline eyeliner, so i don't feel as though i lost much.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2009 11:26:00 PM More reviews by divil87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WORST liner i have ever bought. such a waste of $. It flakes off like no other liner i have used. I only used it once and it was a mistake. my friends even noticed and asked about black flakes around my eyes!!! so embarrassing. Never ever using them again!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2009 10:12:00 PM More reviews by TIAMARIACAT

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to use this when I was younger and they made it in a non-waterproof formula. Back then the bottle & brush were longer.

My favorite is L'oreal Lineur Intense. It has a great formula & fabulous brush, but they seem to have changed the formula & it now makes my eyelids swell, so I went back to this until I can find something better. The brush is way too short to draw a decent line & the formula is goopy. I have never had it peel off, not sure why that is happening to some people. It's better than most of the drugstore brands since most are too thin & watery. I can't use the felt tip & don't know how anyone can make a decent line with those. Still on the hunt for a good eyeliner with a good brush. Any suggestions, let me know.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by xprincessx83

If I could have rated the product a zero, I would. It seems great when you first put it on, but it flakes throughout the day. The first day I wore it, I thought some insect was in my lashes. I pulled a mirror out to find most of the liner was cracked and all over my lashes and under my eyes. My biggest regret is having thrown away the receipt- I would have returned it immediately!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2009 1:34:00 PM More reviews by hotpinkstapler

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When I first put on this product, i like how it looks. But I find that as the day goes on, it starts to peel and become scaly. I love liquid eyeliner, but I really didn't like this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by shindee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised at the low ratings. This is, without a doubt, the BEST liquid eyeliner out there. I have oily lids and it doesn't budge in the slightest. You can easily correct mistakes as it will wipe off with water when it's still wet. Otherwise, it really does stay on with no smudges, all day! I find it quite easy to put on, and I have a shaky hand. The first time I tried this product, I basically drew a branching tree on my eyelid LOL. It takes practice, but it's well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 9:52:00 PM More reviews by fr0stin3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have greasy eyelids. The question generally becomes not IF it will smudge but WHEN it will smear. My eyelids practically defy the laws of physics and science because they will impeach nearly all "waterproof" and "smudgeproof" claims. Until I found this product. I was very skeptical at first. But after the texture revealed itself to be similar to a plastic-like adhesive rather than pigment floating in a binding agent that evaporates and leaves behind free-floating pigment, I loved it. It does not smear because it's not pigment. It does not budge because it has the same physical properties as eyelash adhesive. It is perfect. And it will always make a clear line. It will take a bit of practice to get used to it. But it's like learning to use white eyeliner on the waterline. SO WORTH IT.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by CherryO03

I love this eyeliner. I have gone through my share of eyeliners and this by far is the best over any mac, Avon or any other brand I have purchased into the past. It has a glossy look and it is TRULY waterproof. I have seen it go through rain and amusement park water rides without fading or feathering. But it looks great, I would and have definitely purchased this product over and over again.

I guess the only downside to this product is that the brush is super tiny with a short handle. I prefer it that way because it offers more control and you can achieve a super thin line. But it can be difficult for those who are used to felt tip liquid liners.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 7:08:00 PM More reviews by raynie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

a very good liquid eyeliner if you use it in a right way. i did an experiment to it and found out that its 100% smudgeproof and 100% waterproof. so what else do you want from it? some ppl may say that it chipped crazily. i think thats because u rubbed your eyelids! the interesting thing i found out about this eyeliner is that it is waterproof, but if u rub it while u wash it under water, then it starts chippy and being removed. isnt that a good way to remove this eyeliner? that means its not only smudgeproof, waterproof, but also water removable? lol 5 lippies product!

EDIT: I reduce one lippie. only because its not stay well and smear easily on your waterline. also, it a lil bit irritates my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2009 1:50:00 PM More reviews by vanessa1590

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Really good basic liquid liner. As another reviewer has said, I think some expect too much in a liquid liner. This liner will not budge or fade if properly applied. It's dark and long lasting, yet it is easy to remove at the end of the day. I love the little bottle and I find the brush to be the perfect size for a thin or thicker line. I don't know if I would pay full price for this but I got this BOGOF and if that offer was available again, I would pick this up.