Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

on 8/23/2009 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This eyeliner is only good if you NEVER EVER move your eyes.
Once dry, it feels like rubber. When you blink for about an hour, the rubber will rip and peel off in certain parts. This eyeliner is HORRID.
Don't buy, ever! Not even on sale. It's a terrible liner that peels and flakes like no other!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The brush is not the best, it makes a big mess. As for the formula it takes a while for it to dry as with every waterproof eyeliner. It dries shiny black which i like. After three hours it chips off.

on 8/8/2009 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HORRIBLE!
WORST EYELINEVER EVER!!!
When you apply it, it looks like plastic. which i would be ok with if it didnt peel! After a few minutes of wearing it starts peeling/flaking off. I though it would be at least decent quality since it was like $5-something. It's horrible! Don't even waste your money. spend another $2 and buy loreal.

on 8/1/2009 11:39:00 PM

This eyeliner glides on alright, but when it dries, it has this shine to it that makes it look like patent leather or dried tar on your lids!! I like a more natural look for my liners, and feel as though the look this gives is tacky. I actually didn't have to pay money for this because it came free with my maybelline eyeliner, so i don't feel as though i lost much.

on 8/1/2009 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

WORST liner i have ever bought. such a waste of $. It flakes off like no other liner i have used. I only used it once and it was a mistake. my friends even noticed and asked about black flakes around my eyes!!! so embarrassing. Never ever using them again!

on 7/31/2009 10:12:00 PM

I used to use this when I was younger and they made it in a non-waterproof formula. Back then the bottle & brush were longer.

My favorite is L'oreal Lineur Intense. It has a great formula & fabulous brush, but they seem to have changed the formula & it now makes my eyelids swell, so I went back to this until I can find something better. The brush is way too short to draw a decent line & the formula is goopy. I have never had it peel off, not sure why that is happening to some people. It's better than most of the drugstore brands since most are too thin & watery. I can't use the felt tip & don't know how anyone can make a decent line with those. Still on the hunt for a good eyeliner with a good brush. Any suggestions, let me know.

on 7/31/2009 9:48:00 PM

If I could have rated the product a zero, I would. It seems great when you first put it on, but it flakes throughout the day. The first day I wore it, I thought some insect was in my lashes. I pulled a mirror out to find most of the liner was cracked and all over my lashes and under my eyes. My biggest regret is having thrown away the receipt- I would have returned it immediately!

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

When I first put on this product, i like how it looks. But I find that as the day goes on, it starts to peel and become scaly. I love liquid eyeliner, but I really didn't like this one.

on 7/30/2009 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm surprised at the low ratings. This is, without a doubt, the BEST liquid eyeliner out there. I have oily lids and it doesn't budge in the slightest. You can easily correct mistakes as it will wipe off with water when it's still wet. Otherwise, it really does stay on with no smudges, all day! I find it quite easy to put on, and I have a shaky hand. The first time I tried this product, I basically drew a branching tree on my eyelid LOL. It takes practice, but it's well worth it.

on 7/29/2009 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have greasy eyelids. The question generally becomes not IF it will smudge but WHEN it will smear. My eyelids practically defy the laws of physics and science because they will impeach nearly all "waterproof" and "smudgeproof" claims. Until I found this product. I was very skeptical at first. But after the texture revealed itself to be similar to a plastic-like adhesive rather than pigment floating in a binding agent that evaporates and leaves behind free-floating pigment, I loved it. It does not smear because it's not pigment. It does not budge because it has the same physical properties as eyelash adhesive. It is perfect. And it will always make a clear line. It will take a bit of practice to get used to it. But it's like learning to use white eyeliner on the waterline. SO WORTH IT.