July 23, 2014 | 1810 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Mask

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2003 6:01:00 PM More reviews by rsjennifer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Buyer beware. I can only speak for my skin, which is sensitive and combination . . . but I've never had a reaction to any product like I did to this.

My face went buck wild. I had things appear on my face I've never seen. Flakes, bumps, redness, irritation. This by no means falls under the category of "gentle". Those with tougher skin it may work better for you.

But I would never touch this product again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2003 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Merrydothe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I liked that this came in a jar--but it made my face worse in the end. I used this as part of the line for about a month--my breakouts only got worse and worse-These Tea Tree Oil Products just aren't for everyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2003 3:16:00 PM More reviews by serobins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't use this product often, so the generously sized jar on my shelf will probably stick around for a good long while. When I do use it, however, it performs a small miracle. If I apply it during the occasional pre-period break out, I can clear up my skin completely in a single day. It's downright uncanny. Also, my skin tends to be fairly dry, but if I keep the mask on for 15 minutes and wash it off gently, I don't find it to be particularly drying.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2002 8:20:00 AM More reviews by candyland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this mask, either. Although it didn't dry out my oily skin, it was quite strong and my cheeks turned red. And my face became more oily afterward.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2002 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Kittenkf21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it felt nice and tingly on my face. It did help soaking up the oil on my face, but i wouldn't buy it again. I found something cheap that does just the same job or better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2002 12:52:00 PM More reviews by egilsdottir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

this didn't do anything for me. unlike the body shop's tea tree oil products, which dry out my skin, this one did not. after washing this off my face, though, my skin basically felt the same it did before i used the mask. i'll stick with queen helene masks - they're cheaper and seem to work better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2002 2:35:00 AM More reviews by AnnMarie

I agree with Amerline in the fact that the color IS disturbing--I thought The Body Shop was supposed to be about being natural?--but I disagree with it cracking on your face. At least, it didn't on mine, even though it did dry. However, when I washed it off, my skin felt very smooth and clean. Still, there's better masks out there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2001 10:13:00 AM More reviews by amerline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this mask, but prefer others that are out there. This contains kaolin to draw out impurities, tea tree to prevent blemishs and shea butter for moisturization. According to the jar it doesn't dry, but this is exactly accurate. It will dry and even crack, but it just does not dry fully. The one thing that I really dislike about this product is the artificial coloring in it. I use masks to draw out toxins and impurities, not to add more chemicals into my skin. The strikingly artificial color disturbs me.