April 16, 2014 | 1616 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by kheyme03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great foundation. This was actually my first department store foundation purchase in a very long time and I have to say it was really worth it. It goes on really smooth and buffs out well. I go between this and Kat Von D lock it. I really like the finish and they both last all day. The color range in EL DW is also a plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 9:44:00 AM More reviews by sampam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great matte foundation:-) super coverage, never broken me out. have been using this on and off for 2 years.
Highly recommend this foundation for anyone with oily skin, be careful if you have dry skin, it may look too matte and made up.

Overall rating: VERY good.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by B1P14

Seriously LOVE this foundation. Because i'm acne prone and still have light scarring on my jawline, this foundation has been a god send for me! It covers up everything! And although it is very heavy makeup, if applied the correct way it can still look natural. Firstly, as this foundation is thick, it can look very cakey if you're not careful, so in order to avoid this it is VITAL to apply a primer or moisturizer beforehand. Then I use the Estee Lauder Foundation Brush and take a tiny bit of foundation ( a little goes a LONG way, trust me) and work it into my skin. Finally I use a stippling brush to buff the foundation into the skin and give a more natural and airbrush finish. I find that doing this really makes your makeup appear flawless as opposed to cakey while also covering blemishes. If you are like me and have been troubled with blemishes and even acne, then you will understand how difficult it is to find a foundation that actually covers unslightly things such as acne breakouts. Many drug store foundations and even brands such as MAC, claim to be ''heavy coverage'' yet blemishes are still really visable. Not with this.. this really does cover and hide things you wish to be covered.

I wouldn't recommend this foundation for anyone with clear skin, this is simply way too heavy and may even make you break out. This foundation should only really be used if you have problematic skin and want to cover blemish scars or existing blemishes.. For that it is PERFECT.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Georgia955

Such a good foundation. Lovely consistency, great staying power and fantastic coverage. Only con is it can look a bit too powdery/cakey if too much is applied. I love the new formula also, i find i get allot more coverage and i use allot less than what i did with the old formula. Would definatly recommend this foundation for someone who likes a full coverage and a matte finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 5:07:00 AM More reviews by nwild

Before this foundation I was a supermarket foundation kind of girl. I got fed up with foundations sliding off my face and changing colour during the day and ended up at the David Jones counter seeking advice. This was suggested and since then I'm onto my third bottle. My favourite thing about this foundation is it's lasting power. I'm a school teacher and can get pretty tired and sweaty by the end of the day. I find I can put this on at 7am, touch up my nose and forehead with powder at lunch and still look fresh late that night.
The foundation has a fairly matte finish, without ever looking powdery. The lady at David Jones told me to apply the foundation just before my moisturiser fully soaked in. This gives you more time to play and apply it on your face as once it's set it's set. I also find that by using extra moisturiser I can getting a sheerer, more luminous look, where if I use less, or let it dry all the way, I can achieve a more matte look.
I can see that some may struggle with the bottle, as it doesn't have a pump, but I actually feel this means you waste less product. I apply it with my fingers, just tipping the bottle upside down onto my pointer finger. I keep baby wipes on my dressing table to then easily clean my hands. While fairly expensive, $60 in Australia, one bottle lasts me almost a year, and that's wearing it everyday.
This is an extremely hard working foundation that I recommend fully.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 1:41:00 AM More reviews by ldiaz2012

I looooove this!!! After reading all of the GREAT reviews this product has gotten I decided to purchase it.

The things I like: its medium to full coverage, buildable, hides imperfections well (blemishes,
acne scars), provides a smooth foundation base and it has no smell.

I am still having trouble finding the right method to apply this foundation. Because it does dry quick, I would not recommend using a stippling brush. I've been using my fingers and so far this has given me the most clean and natural finish. It is a tad bit pricey at $36.00 but well worth it. I use MAC NC35 and use DW Tawny.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by nygrlnca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So far I am loving all the new shades...i used to use double matte a million years ago but all the colours were pink based...but so was everything at the time. It covers and smooths out all my acne marks without looking like a mask but it does seem to look a little white in pics. I like that it holds up against my super oily skin and the color match is pretty close to skin tone.I haven't broken out from it yet but will update soon. The packaging is ok but needs a pump...I'm glad I still had my MAC one because it fits...you just have to cut the tube a little to fit in the EL bottle.
Edit: It looks so fake on my skin...like a mask! I have tried changing shades and different applications and I can't get it to look even remotely natural... I really wished it could work for me:(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by ploydise

I love this product very much. I've finished about 3 or more bottles already. I wear make-up almost everyday and it does not break me out. However, this product is suitable for oily skin. Please be sure your skin is moisturized before applying it. If your skin is very dry and flaky, I do not reccommend because it will make your face look cakey and too made up.

I live in Thailand and the weather is VERY HOT so I'm sure it will last :). I only use blotting paper and touch up with loose powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by oonaghst

I prefer the reformulated version, I think it's got a bit more slip and is less heavy and less drying than the original. This suits me as I've got quite dry, mature skin and as long as I'm well moisturised beforehand, this foundation looks awesome and only a tiny bit is needed for a smooth, flawless and natural finish. I could never be matched colourwise before - I mean it was close, but never quite right, so I am sooo pleased to find that one of the new colours (beige) now matches me exactly. It's become my 'to go' foundation - love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 2:44:00 AM More reviews by xochristyxo

I LOVE this foundation and I'm hard to please. It lasts all day and has great coverage. I think it is one of the best foundations I've tried it all from almost every drugstore brand to Chanel Mac lancome ect..I also have the double wear light for days I don't want as much coverage but still lasts all day. I highly recommend this foundation. I have not yet found anything better. Also the MAC pumps fit on this bottle which makes it better but I'd prefer it come with the foundation already since its a bit pricey.