September 18, 2014 | 1333 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by xVivaGlam

I love how Estee Lauder double wear foundation feels on my skin like its barely there, I will admit the shades were a little bit confusing but I found my right shade in the end with a little bit of research, for this foundation it also has a screw top lid so I found a little tip from a few beauty blogs saying how you could use the MAC foundation pump which I did do which helped alot as I could manage how much product was going to be used! This foundation is definietly not cheap and is the most expensive I have ever spent on a foundation, I can say its worth it and I would definietly purchase if you are looking for a ful coverage foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 5:44:00 AM More reviews by orianavdw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I recently tried out Estee Lauder Double Wear Liquid Foundation. I have a hard time finding a foundation that suites my skin type perfectly. I have used Revlon ColorStay for a long time. It's also a good foundation, but it's really thick and doesn't last as long as EL. Mac SFF also didn't work at all. After a few ours it began separating and left bald spots on my face. Estee Lauder is by far the best foundation I have ever tried. It stays on my face all day long, without any touch ups. It's not a thick foundation at all and doesn't look cakey like some foundations do. It doesn't change colour or rub off on clothes. I can swim with it and it won't come off. The packaging is great. I don't prefer a pump so I love the fact that it has no pump. If that bothers you, you can buy a MAC pump, it fits perfectly. The coverage of this foundation is said to be medium. But honestly, I'd say it's more of a full coverage foundation. The coverage is great. It's a bit more expensive than other foundations, but I'd say, for the quality you get, this foundation is definitely worth the money. I'd recommend this foundation to anyone with oily/combination/normal skin. I've heard that it doesn't work well on dry skin.

I would definitely buy this foundation again. It's AMAZING!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by nirvana9

this is a good foundation if you need a long lasting, matte, full coverage look. my issue is that it doesn't match the yellowness in my skin. i have it in shell beige which is supposed to be a warm shade. what i do is mix a little of this with my mac studio fix fluid as that foundation quite yellow. i then have a great matte full coverage look that matches my skin perfectly. sometimes i also mix a little with sunblock for light coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by nikadee1992

I bought this a couple years back hoping that I would find something to cover up my acne. I loved it the first couple of days.. and then I looked at my face when I was outside and I looked AWFUL! My face looked SO cakey and unnatural. The product smells gross and it made me feel greasy. This makeup is good for those who have very uneven skin and need alot of coverage. My skin has transformed completely and I don't really have to wear foundation anymore. I wear it mostly because I want my skin to be matte and I like to have a little bit of color. I really liked the Double Wear Light foundation.. but I found that to be a little too much coverage. Overall, no I would not buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While coverage, lasting-power, hold, and oil-control are great, this just doesn't work for me. After several hours, I find that my foundation starts to separate in oilier areas like on my nose, cheeks, and chin. It's terribly embarrassing and looks horrible :( Other aspects that make this a dud for me are: I can't find a shade that matches, it makes me look like I'm wearing a mask, and it feels uncomfortable on my skin because it feels thick, though the consistency is not bad.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by belleglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Estee Lauder Double Wear offers the best coverage on the market. It covers all imperfections, leaving you with flawless looking skin. I have dry skin and acne which made me hesitant to try this product because of the matte finish. The matte finish doesn't exacerbate any dryness (even without using primer) and the foundation lasts me all day! The first time I wore this foundation, my boyfriend commented that my skin looked incredible! Because if you apply it carefully with a brush the foundation becomes imperceptible. Yes, this foundation is that amazing. I don't know how I ever lived without it!

For reference: I wear EL Double Wear in 2N1, MAC NC 25-30, Chanel B30, YSL 04 (Sand), Laura Mercier Silk Creme Bamboo Beige, Cle De Peau 020.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 8:55:00 AM More reviews by MariaLee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to be a Revlon Colourstay user. It was a good product, was discontinued. Then I found this one, is an excellent foundation, doesn't turn orange after some time, I use it without worries, it is very stable and looks natural. I used to love Colourstay but compared to this one, Double Wear gives me a more natural finish, it doesn't make my face dry. It is like a second skin. I use this one in Sand and put a Channel Sabre powder foundation Mat Lumiere on on the top and the duo combo just subtract years from my face. Peoples can't believe that I am not that young and can't tell much that I am wearing 2 foundations. My place here is humid, hot and the makeup just stay on after hours. I highly recommend the Double Wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 6:13:00 AM More reviews by dalala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my hg liquid foundation. Great coverage, long lasting (usually wear 12+ hours most days), great color match, does not make me oily, n most importantly, does not break my skin out (as long as I wash it completely off). I use my fingers to put it on and I found this to be the best method so far. Of course, towards the end of the night it doesn't look as perfect as when you first put it on, but it never slides off my face or transfers off clothes/or pillow..unless you're reallly sweating haha. it does have a tendency to make you look too flat, but I use bronzer and highlighters to fix that, and the foundation looks better after about 1r5 minutes. i don't need concealer because I use a little extra of this and pat it on any trouble spots. As others have mentioned, i hate that it doesn't come with a pump, so I use Mac's foundation pump...My perfect shade in this is Sand. i am NC25, 021 in Dior

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 5:21:00 AM More reviews by Sallyd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Even though I loooooove this foundation... I think it's too heavy for everyday. Just look at the consistency of it.. It is very thick.

I do love the fact that it stays on for ever. Even with my oily skin.
    The shine throughout the day is minimal.

I apply it with an elf stippling brush.
    Could be that with a different application the finish will be more natural and less heavy.
    However I havent found that right application then...

I am not saying it's a bad foundation!!! But too heavy for a daily use i think!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by inchanelwetrust

I really like this foundation as it gives heavy coverage without looking cakey on my face. It covers up my freckles and spots and usually lasts all day long - a major plus as other foundations I've tried have not. I usually just set my foundation with powder to give me a matte look but I think the foundation is quite matte itself anyway. A negative about this foundation is that they don't have a shade light enough for my skin tone as 1C1 Shell is slightly too dark but a much better match than 1N1 Ecru as that was initially "matched" to me in the shop but was completely wrong. Also would be handy if the packaging came with a pump as sometimes too much foundation can come out the bottle and go to waste. I think the price is suitable to pay as it is such a good quality foundation and if I could find a shade light enough OR just accept the fact that I will not get a perfect match I will buy this again. I'm on my 4th or 5th bottle of it!