February 1, 2015 | 1169 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by amberjxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Out of all of the foundations I have tried this one is the absolute best. It has great coverage, staying power, and does not get oily even with out powder. It is a bit pricey ($32 at Dillard's), but it is definitely a foundation I will repurchase again and again. The only cons I would have to say about it is that you have to work fast, it doesn't come with a pump (which would be awesome!), and it does look super matte (using a makeup setting spray will help).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by jess8780

Ive used about a hundred different foundations! I like to try new ones or just happens to be that the old one starts making my face oily. This foundation is one of my favorites, the only con is... It's expensive and runs out quickly. I like the natural look it gives and the wonderful coverage. I'm self concious about my red spots on my face(old acne pigmentation scars) and this seems to cover up wonderfully without making the face oily or cakey. Would highly recommend if you have the budget to keep purchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Jenrae24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So before I decided to try EL DW I had tried the EL DW Light first. The reason I did was because I didn't really feel I needed a heavy foundation for my skin. I loved EL DWL, the only problem I had with it was they didn't have a very good color range to choose from. Im pretty fair, so finding a light colored foundation is hard. So I decided to give the EL DW a try instead since they had more of a color range to choose from. Well I wasn't sure that I was gonig to like it because I thought it was a super heavy foundation. Well when I got my tester from Macy's I applied it that night to see how it would look. It wasn't as thick as I thought. I really only need a dime size and It goes a long way. This foundation is great for covering up scares, acne and other hard to cover things on your face. Its also great for people who don't have those problems. I think if you want more coverage you just build it, or use more when applying it the first time. Its a wonderful feeling when applying it and is a Matte finish. It hasn't made me break out yet and does not feel heavy on my skin. So overall this is a wonderful foundation, it may seem like it would be a heavy thick foundation but its not.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by sheiladee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best foundation ever. I have lots of acne scars, need good coverage, and this is excellent. It covers well, lasts all day, and yet doesn't feel heavy at all. I have used this for years now, couldn't be happier!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by xVivaGlam

I love how Estee Lauder double wear foundation feels on my skin like its barely there, I will admit the shades were a little bit confusing but I found my right shade in the end with a little bit of research, for this foundation it also has a screw top lid so I found a little tip from a few beauty blogs saying how you could use the MAC foundation pump which I did do which helped alot as I could manage how much product was going to be used! This foundation is definietly not cheap and is the most expensive I have ever spent on a foundation, I can say its worth it and I would definietly purchase if you are looking for a ful coverage foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 5:44:00 AM More reviews by orianavdw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I recently tried out Estee Lauder Double Wear Liquid Foundation. I have a hard time finding a foundation that suites my skin type perfectly. I have used Revlon ColorStay for a long time. It's also a good foundation, but it's really thick and doesn't last as long as EL. Mac SFF also didn't work at all. After a few ours it began separating and left bald spots on my face. Estee Lauder is by far the best foundation I have ever tried. It stays on my face all day long, without any touch ups. It's not a thick foundation at all and doesn't look cakey like some foundations do. It doesn't change colour or rub off on clothes. I can swim with it and it won't come off. The packaging is great. I don't prefer a pump so I love the fact that it has no pump. If that bothers you, you can buy a MAC pump, it fits perfectly. The coverage of this foundation is said to be medium. But honestly, I'd say it's more of a full coverage foundation. The coverage is great. It's a bit more expensive than other foundations, but I'd say, for the quality you get, this foundation is definitely worth the money. I'd recommend this foundation to anyone with oily/combination/normal skin. I've heard that it doesn't work well on dry skin.

I would definitely buy this foundation again. It's AMAZING!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by nirvana9

this is a good foundation if you need a long lasting, matte, full coverage look. my issue is that it doesn't match the yellowness in my skin. i have it in shell beige which is supposed to be a warm shade. what i do is mix a little of this with my mac studio fix fluid as that foundation quite yellow. i then have a great matte full coverage look that matches my skin perfectly. sometimes i also mix a little with sunblock for light coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by nikadee1992

I bought this a couple years back hoping that I would find something to cover up my acne. I loved it the first couple of days.. and then I looked at my face when I was outside and I looked AWFUL! My face looked SO cakey and unnatural. The product smells gross and it made me feel greasy. This makeup is good for those who have very uneven skin and need alot of coverage. My skin has transformed completely and I don't really have to wear foundation anymore. I wear it mostly because I want my skin to be matte and I like to have a little bit of color. I really liked the Double Wear Light foundation.. but I found that to be a little too much coverage. Overall, no I would not buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While coverage, lasting-power, hold, and oil-control are great, this just doesn't work for me. After several hours, I find that my foundation starts to separate in oilier areas like on my nose, cheeks, and chin. It's terribly embarrassing and looks horrible :( Other aspects that make this a dud for me are: I can't find a shade that matches, it makes me look like I'm wearing a mask, and it feels uncomfortable on my skin because it feels thick, though the consistency is not bad.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by belleglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Estee Lauder Double Wear offers the best coverage on the market. It covers all imperfections, leaving you with flawless looking skin. I have dry skin and acne which made me hesitant to try this product because of the matte finish. The matte finish doesn't exacerbate any dryness (even without using primer) and the foundation lasts me all day! The first time I wore this foundation, my boyfriend commented that my skin looked incredible! Because if you apply it carefully with a brush the foundation becomes imperceptible. Yes, this foundation is that amazing. I don't know how I ever lived without it!

For reference: I wear EL Double Wear in 2N1, MAC NC 25-30, Chanel B30, YSL 04 (Sand), Laura Mercier Silk Creme Bamboo Beige, Cle De Peau 020.