November 24, 2014 | 1143 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Alcohol-Free Toner

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by harrietkao

I keep returning to this toner. I don't use toner on a regular basis but whenever I start to get the occasional breakout, I become a little more vigilant with my skin care routine, adding a toner and pimple cream, etc. This toner is SUPER gentle yet cleans effectively, removing all the last traces of make up, environmental grime, etc. that Cetaphil (my facial cleanser of choice) doesn't remove. I like the subtle scent of this toner, as well. It's just a great, all-around basic toner for cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2008 11:54:00 AM More reviews by yanks21

Light & refreshing. This toner reminds me a lot of witch hazel. It has a nice smell, and having previously used Clinque's Clarifying Lotion 4, I'm very thankful that I no longer have to deal with that terrible alcohol smell. I didn't give this product 5 stars because I feel that although it does leave my skin feeling clean & soft, it just didn't feel like it was doing much. I almost feel like I'm putting scented water on my face. My thick, acne prone skin likes a little more of a kick, I guess. I'd see this toner working really well for sensitive skin types and teens, due to it being alcohol free and super affordable.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2008 12:19:00 AM More reviews by coloryouclingto

I like this toner as a follow up after a drying cleanser because it makes my skin feel soft and fresh and revived. It does a good job doubling up as a makeup remover as well. The smell is nice and clean and bubbly, I don't know how else to describe it. Because my skin is greasy most times of the year, I sometimes feel that this cleanser could stand to be harsher, and perhaps doesn't leave me feeling less greasy than before (which is why I gave it a 4 instead of a 5). Most of the reason I keep buying it again and again is because it has such a nice light smell and it is refreshing to use this toner for a while after switching off of a drying one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2008 12:26:00 PM More reviews by lirpagall

I like this toner, it doesn't irritate my skin and it removes anything the cleanser leaves behind. I have combination skin but it tends to be dry in the winter and this product still works regardless of the season. I have used this toner for along time and it gets the job done!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2008 12:09:00 PM More reviews by MetalDevil

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It stung. It turned my face red. Awful stuff.

I did better with Burt's Bees Rosewater Toner, and that has alcohol in it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by KatieRoxx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have fairly sensitive skin and thought I'd try this as it had "Alcohol-Free" in the label and I'd used the pore refining toner from Neutrogena before. Oddly enough, I think I'll switch back to the pore refining toner as it seemed more gentle, or I'll use the Sephora brand Soothing Toner which I recently got a small travel size bottle of and really liked. The Neutrogena Alcohol Free toner sometimes mildly stings on the drier areas of my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by naomirox

It removes dirt and oils that are still on your skin after cleansing, you can feel it working too.

I like it. =]

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2008 1:41:00 PM More reviews by cityskin

Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner was disappointing and I wish I'd researched more before purchasing this item. This is a very basic toner and probably would be ok for certain people (depending on skin type).

-What I liked: Relatively cheap price for a basic toner and it's alcohol-free.

-What I didn't like: I have a combination skin type but this left my skin stripped of all moisture. My skin is more sensitive than I thought so this product ended up giving me a few bumps along my jaw line and cheeks, and I even had a mild break out while using this product. I also prefer no fragrance in any of my skincare products unless it is from natural ingredients. All in all, I probably wouldn't purchase this again.
***UPDATE***I decided to give this one last shot, but the results were still horrible. I just switched over to a new toner and my skin has been in a much better condition. I think my skin may be allergic to their fragrance. If you sensitive skin, especially towards fragrance-based products, steer clear of this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2008 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Princess_July

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

im looking for alcohol free toner as i've dry skin. ppl in the forums recomend this. i dont really fancy it as it leaves my face sticky after using. still searching for my HG

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2007 9:42:00 PM More reviews by UrbanDecayGirl

This is a good, basic toner. It is non-drying to the skin, doesn't cause bad breakouts, and cleans up make-up that cleanser doesn't.