July 29, 2014 | 1299 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Alcohol-Free Toner

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2008 12:09:00 PM More reviews by MetalDevil

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It stung. It turned my face red. Awful stuff.

I did better with Burt's Bees Rosewater Toner, and that has alcohol in it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by KatieRoxx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have fairly sensitive skin and thought I'd try this as it had "Alcohol-Free" in the label and I'd used the pore refining toner from Neutrogena before. Oddly enough, I think I'll switch back to the pore refining toner as it seemed more gentle, or I'll use the Sephora brand Soothing Toner which I recently got a small travel size bottle of and really liked. The Neutrogena Alcohol Free toner sometimes mildly stings on the drier areas of my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by naomirox

It removes dirt and oils that are still on your skin after cleansing, you can feel it working too.

I like it. =]

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2008 1:41:00 PM More reviews by cityskin

Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner was disappointing and I wish I'd researched more before purchasing this item. This is a very basic toner and probably would be ok for certain people (depending on skin type).

-What I liked: Relatively cheap price for a basic toner and it's alcohol-free.

-What I didn't like: I have a combination skin type but this left my skin stripped of all moisture. My skin is more sensitive than I thought so this product ended up giving me a few bumps along my jaw line and cheeks, and I even had a mild break out while using this product. I also prefer no fragrance in any of my skincare products unless it is from natural ingredients. All in all, I probably wouldn't purchase this again.
***UPDATE***I decided to give this one last shot, but the results were still horrible. I just switched over to a new toner and my skin has been in a much better condition. I think my skin may be allergic to their fragrance. If you sensitive skin, especially towards fragrance-based products, steer clear of this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2008 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Princess_July

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

im looking for alcohol free toner as i've dry skin. ppl in the forums recomend this. i dont really fancy it as it leaves my face sticky after using. still searching for my HG

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2007 9:42:00 PM More reviews by UrbanDecayGirl

This is a good, basic toner. It is non-drying to the skin, doesn't cause bad breakouts, and cleans up make-up that cleanser doesn't.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2007 11:37:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

I have sensitive combo skin that can be more oily or more dry depending on the season. I've used a lot of toners including clinique #2, clinique extra mild, mario badescu cucumber etc and I like this one the best. It doesn't sting at all which is what I wanted. I don't expect any miracles out of my toner, I just need it to clean up any residue from my cleanser, not sting and not break me out and this does it's job.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2007 3:07:00 PM More reviews by ShellyMtz

I used this first on my forehead before trying it on my entire face.

I found the fragrance so overwhelming that I discontinued use for fear of some kind of allergy. I really like the idea of an alcohol-free toner, but the fragrance doesn´t shout "Clean face!", just perfumed skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2007 1:40:00 PM More reviews by keco52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like it because I need to use a toner and this one is alcohol free...so it doesn't sting or irritate my skin when I use it. The best one I've found so far but I'm open to trying different toners still...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2007 2:18:00 PM More reviews by AlwysNSrch

I usually do not use toner as I have very sensitive combination skin. Usually toner over processes my skin and causes more oil or it will irritate my skin. This toner does neither -- it simply removes more residue and leaves my skin clean.