December 19, 2014 | 1500 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by moonshadow1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Such a wonderful product, I hope they never change the formula - although they've been using the same one for so long I doubt they will. I have used this in white, exfoliating, and cool fresh, and I love all of them, although I prefer the smell of the white the best. It's just so fresh and clean! It leaves my skin moisturized (never squeaky). I can even use this on my face when I'm out of face wash and it won't break me out or make my skin feel tight. It could be a bit drying if used on the face all the time, though - it depends on your skin type. It definitely won't irritate it, though. My boyfriend loves this too! It is definitely a unisex soap, unless your guy insists on slathering himself with sporty-smelling products. I'll keep using this as long as they make it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by donna409

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have spent years trying every possible cleanser, skin care routine and body washes, I decided to go back to the basics. Upon going through menopause my sensitive skin became radically more sensitive. I used this soap as my only beauty routine when I was a teenager and decided to try it again. I LOVE IT! I use this exclusively as my face wash and body soap,I also occasionly use the Dove exfoliater bar.My skin has improved and I only use a basic moisturizer. I am so glad I went back to this and my wallet is very happy.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Sanzibar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love this soap. I replaced my liquid body wash with Dove bar soap over a year ago and I'll never go back. I use it for my face and body. My skin is left feeling clean but never dry & tight. It lathers well and it just feels good on my skin. I've tried several versions of Dove just because I like the variety. I've found them all to work well and the scents are pleasant without being overpowering. I prefer the sensitive skin version for my face and most often use the white beauty bar for my body. It's very affordable and easily found in many stores. You can buy it for as little as $1 / bar when it's on sale. It's a simple & effective staple in my daily routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Perfect, perfect for acne prone skin. I thought I would break out like crazy when my derm recommended me to wash with this if I feel dry/irritated from my acne regimen. My dermatologist recommended the sensitive skin bar. I have Never ever EVER been able to use bar soap on my face, and most cleansers are way too drying for me. I've been using the Dove white bar for a while now on my acne-prone skin, and it is great. I use a makeup remover wipe first mostly for my eye makeup,then wash with this and I don't need much it lathers a lot,pat dry. Dove removes my makeup without over drying or irritating. Just be sure to rinse it completely off and I keep splashing water on my face and my face loves it. So many things break me out esp SOAP this doesn't somehow it calms everything down. For the few people that broke out from this I am wondering if they did not remove all of the soap and it left a residue or if they used the scented one and it did not agree with them.

My son has psoriasis and this is the only soap that is non irritating for him that he uses also. I always grab the little sample bars from his pediatricians' office since they are so cute and in case of an emergency or backup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Plinko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

No fancy gift baskets of soaps and body washes for me, thank you. This little product has been all that I've ever needed. It leaves my skin clean, soft and moisturized. It leaves no residue and my skin does not feel tight after use. The scent does not compete with any of my perfumes. My dry skin could not live without this. Oh, and yes, I've even used it on my face in a pinch. I bet I could use it on my face daily and be very happy with the results, but I'm just as loyal to my face wash as I am to this little gem. Dove Beauty Bar is the one product that I absolutely can't live without.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 2:25:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I cannot believe so many people find tis bar suitable as a face and body cleanser. I used this as a teenager when it first come out in my country (I was 13-14 years old) and it made my acne-prone skin at that time so much worse. I won't use it on my body, since I don't like Dove lotions anyway and I never wash my body with soap bars. I can only imagine repurchasing this as a hand soap. Although I don't even like it as a hand soap since it leaves nasty film on the palms of my hands. Brr

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by MyGainYourGloss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dove soap will never let you down. Infact is not even soap, its a moisturizing bar (1/4 moisturizer) so it leaves dry and flakey skin smooth and non-irratated! It cleans your skin fabulous and even takes off the most stubborn make-up. On the other hand... The Dove company is destroying rain forests; seeking the moisturizing ingredient "palm oil", in turn leaving 3rd world countries in the dust. Besides the high quality, well trusted soap, people are dying and rainforests are being ravenged. Please buy in moderation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by JenPhil1313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

From the time I was about 12 until about my early 20's, the Dove white beauty bar was all that I used as a cleanser for my face and body. And I never had any issues with it (my skin was never dry or irritated or broken out) and I have sensitive skin. Then when I got into my 20's I started reading more about skin care and everyone seemed to advise against using bar soap- bar soap being more drying than creamier cleansers. So I rotated through so many other cleansers until I finally decided to come back to this. This is the one cleanser that consistently meets all of my criteria for a nice body cleanser- it smells nice, doesn't irritate my skin, makes me feel clean (but not dry). I don't usually use this on my face as I prefer to pamper my face a little more with a liquid cleanser but on occassional lazy days I will also wash my face with this. And when I go away on my vacation, the Dove bar is all I bring for both face and body (saves space and I don't have to worry about my face wash spilling). I'll be sticking with my good old-fashioned Dove for now. It works for me.

*UPDATE: I have been using the unscented version for sensitive skin these past few months and that one is a definite 5 stars!! It somehow leaves me feeling even cleaner and softer than the regular white bar.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by kar120c

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

My all time favorite soap. I love everything about it. The scent, the shape, the texture, the creaminess, the moisturizine capability. An all around perfect soap.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 10:06:00 AM More reviews by PrettyGirlBabyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Haha i literally can not get enough of this!!!
I really love how they are all individual boxed.
I just bought a bulk pack of 48 for like $40 which i find pretty good, in Australia i think they like $5 for 2.
Anyway they make my skin feel soft and clean.
i think everyone should buy Dove Beauty Bars you will absolutely lovee it.

=)