Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

3.6

Water (aqua), Poloxamer 184, Sodium PCA, Disodium Cocomphodiacetate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Panthenol

Personally, I think this stuff STINKS!
I don't use waterproof make-up, or even long-wear make-up for that matter... and this stuff does *nothing* for me. I might as well just use plain water.

on 6/12/2008 4:59:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

PROS: removes most eye makeup, doesn't sting, doesn't leave a residue, no fragrance, cheap, practical packaging

CONS: not sure if it removes waterproof mascara that well, easy to use too much

I wear a little bit of waterproof mascara, some eyeliner, and a dash of eyeshadow on a daily basis, and I find that this removes most of all that gunk quite well. It really does feel like you're just putting water on your skin - I didn't like it at first and it felt like it wasn't removing makeup very well, but it really does. However, since it does feel like water, I find it's easy to use a bit too much because it doesn't feel like it's really removing your makeup that well, even though it does. I hope that actually makes sense.

I also have a small issue with the waterproof mascara, since sometimes I can't tell if I've taken it all off (black mascara=natural black lashes >.<), but I've never had any issues with it flaking into my eyes or anything, so I GUESS it's taking most of it off. Also, it doesn't feel like it removes UD Primer Potion very well, but that stuff is hard to take off in general anyways, so I'm not blaming it for that. On the other hand, eyeshadow comes off in a BREEZE - one swipe with a tissue and it's all gone, even though I've been wearing it for one, three, or even twelve hours. I give it major thumbs up for that.

I would repurchase since it is so cheap and does its job well, but I still have an itching feeling that there's something better out there. If I do, I will definitely update!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been using this stuff for years and I love it. It looks and feels like pure water, and has no fragrance. It does a really nice job of removing my everyday makeup (eyeshadow, liner, and mascara.) I will say that it doesn't work as well on waterproof mascara or liner, but I only wear those on occasion anyway. I was surprised to see that a lot of people have complained about it irritating the skin. I have super-sensitive skin, and it has never caused me any problems. Update: I stopped using this because I realized it contains Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. I didn't have any adverse reactions to it, but I just don't want to risk irritating the delicate skin around my eyes.

on 5/1/2008 7:02:00 PM

This worked just fine but the areas around my eyes burned after using it. I don't have sensitive skin so I found it a little surprising. It does work better then some of the drug store competitors as far as eye make up removal but I just can't use it.

on 4/27/2008 9:35:00 PM

i used this while i was at my friends house and must say that is neither gentle, nor capable of removing tough eye makeup. i used this only once but the skin around my eyes became red and sore within minutes and felt inflamed for 24 hours. i would not recommend this for those with sensitive skin.

on 4/19/2008 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

i dont understand where the reviewer below is coming from... anyways...ok, so i really needed an eye makeup remover so i went to walmart and found this. this is seriously the cheapest eye makeup remover that i have come across! it claims that it is gentle and it certainly is :D the only problem is that it says that it takes off waterproof mascaras but that is a lie! but for non waterproof mascaras it works really well. so i will definately buy this again just because it is really cheap!!!

EDIT: sorry i forgot to mention that it is oil free!

on 4/18/2008 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Gentle my a$$! This stuff burned the heck out of my eyes! The flip top ottle is nice but thats the only thing I like about this stuff!

on 4/17/2008 9:15:00 PM

This is the best makeup remover that I have ever used. It has a great flip top bottle and isn't greasy or oily like some of those other ones. It comes in a large bottle that lasts forever. Definitely a makeup bag must!

I've never had a problem with this remover. I've never tried more expensive make up removers so I don't really have anything to compare it to. I used to use maybelline's eye makeup remover and this is a better deal (bigger bottle for about the same price) and it's gentle on my eyes.

on 4/13/2008 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

it says it can remove WATERPROOF makeup, no, it can't even remove eyeliner that isn't waterproof, it is so gentle that i rather use water and i can't see the different between water and that crap, really disapointted.