November 23, 2014 | 953 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I give it a 4.25. It is just not all that I expected it to be. I have a lot of MAC eye brushes, almost all, and this was one of the newest additions to my collection because I never wanted before. I have difficult lids to work with, so this brush may work better for others. For me, it is a tad to soft, perhaps not dense enough to pack the color how I need it. When I use this wet, it gets too wet, probably because it is not very dense and the goat hair is thin. I prefer the Sigma SS 239 to this, even though I am not a huge fan of that either. Don't get me wrong, I think it is a necessary brush to have, flat shader brush for applying and packing on color, but its not the one for me. Great brush for most people, but I'm just not feeling it like I should.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 3:15:00 AM More reviews by kimmay99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have just about every brush imaginable. But then I was thinking...If I'm going to need to pack, NOT sweep a pigment or paint on the lid and keep it in place...what the heck am I going to use? The 239 is PERFECTO for that. Perfectly shaped, perfect size (very important) not too soft, not too hard. Great brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Calicupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I own 2 and love them!!! They pack on color wonderfully.. You will not regret buying this brush..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by 89prettyinpink

I LOVE THE 239!!! I use this bursh every single day - no joke, EVERYDAY!! And I've have it for almost 5 years and it is still is great condition. This was also my first MAC brush. I want to get a new one for how much I use it, but there's no point because it is still in such great shape. A MUST HAVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by moniluna6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best eyeshadow brush! It picks up a lot of color and packs on everything perfectly. I cannot live without this brush, it makes eyeshadow application so much better. The only bad thing is that its white hair so to avoid staining you should wash frequently.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 11:04:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this brush. It's dense enough to pick up shadow nicely, and the size is perfect for a wash of color on my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Ellisedolby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was wondering, does anyone else have the word japan on it at the end? It's a really soft and very universal! I worte I wouldn't buy it again, because I don't need to.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2009 1:32:00 AM More reviews by xcnm95x

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ehh, I don't see the big fuss on this brush. I want atleast one person to agree with me, it's not soft. At all. It doesn't hurt that much, I guess, but if I try to define the color in the crease, it hurts. Also, the "MAC 139" rubbed off within a week. It's a great brush, but it's so strandard that I don't know why I could spend 20 dollars on it, and I don't know why I did. Mac brushes are soft, but not the softest brushes out there. I like EcoTools brushes soo much more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 7:59:00 AM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use the 224 for crease and a softer color application. I use the 239 for areas (such as the lid) where I really want to pack on the color. This brush is soft, but perfect for really applying layers of color.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2009 9:40:00 PM More reviews by ChaiSahara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't do my makeup without a 239 brush! I have 3 of them I love them so much. Very versatile brush, but I use mine for applying shadow to the lids, and sometimes in the crease. Also works well with pigments and creamy products. This is definitely my most recommended MAC brush, along with the 217.