MAC # 239 Eye Shader Brush

4.7

on 2/22/2010 4:03:00 PM

I have had the 239 for many years now. I have just recently tried the bobbi brown and some other brushes and the 239 is still my favorite. it is dense so it goes on amazing and gives good color... the best in my opinion.

on 2/22/2010 3:10:00 PM

I must confess that i never believed that mac brushes were the top brushes even though the reviews here were so good and i thought they were too expencive to bother with them.So i cept buying simple brushes small, pretty cheap and stuff like that. Finally, i came up owning at about 15 little pethetic brushes for the eyes wich slowly the one after the other were either into 2 pieces ( because the metalic thing that has the hairs from the brush got seperated from the plastic stick) or the hairs were dropping and falling....That means that every month i had to buy new...Well that fact costed me money and got me very upset...
Therefore, i decided to go for it and buy one mac brush, just to try it.When i touched the brush on my eyelid i was amazed.The application of the eyeshadow was truly good, but what really maked the difference was the softness of the brush. Whenever i use it, it's like i'm having a high treatment and i'm sutisfied.

I got one lip out, not because i don't like the product but because this works for me but it might not for others.Every mac brush (even though it is categorized based on use purpose) has a different use like blending, apllication, contouring etc and gives a different result.So if you are going to spend your money on mac brushes you must certainly be sure of what you need! And no salesgirl really knows what you want, so be aware of your needs and take your time to think what you 're asking for.
(wow i posted a really long review :$)

on 2/21/2010 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This product is AWESOME at packing color onto the lid. This is a definite staple and I reach for it every day. That said, I would definitely repurchase. However, if you're under financial constraints, there are definitely good dupes (Coastal Scents and Sonia Kashuk have almost exact dupes that work great). So, if you have the money, I definitely recommend this, but if it's a stretch then don't feel bad about going for a lower priced price-- it'll work really similarly.

on 2/17/2010 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I got suckered into buying the #239 reading the reviews here. I for one have to go against the flow of things and say that this is a brush that simply doesn't work for me. I am REALLY scratching my head about this brush, thinking how it got a rating this high and how hyped it is. It is probably one of the biggest disappointments so far for me.

It is alright for packing on colour... and that's it. The brush itself is also on the large side, which means there's little precision when it comes to applying eye shadow on the inner and outer corner of the eyelid. You can't run it over the crease or lower eyelid. The bristles are simply to harsh for this and it ends up feeling uncomfortable. The only way I am able to apply this brush to my eyelid is at a flat angle. The rounded ends are simply unusable for me.

There is one thing though that I absolutely hate about this brush, the same thing that I can't stand about my #217. It splays. Like crazy. As though it is going through a Punk Rock phase. There are so many stray hairs I had to buy Brush Guards to solve this problem. I bought both at the official MAC store, so these aren't fakes, but this sure doesn't make a good impression quality-wise.

Needless to say, I wouldn't buy again. I have cheap-as-chips no-name brushes that are working better than this one. For 17.50, it's simply a waste of money for me.

on 2/4/2010 8:35:00 PM

I give it a 4.25. It is just not all that I expected it to be. I have a lot of MAC eye brushes, almost all, and this was one of the newest additions to my collection because I never wanted before. I have difficult lids to work with, so this brush may work better for others. For me, it is a tad to soft, perhaps not dense enough to pack the color how I need it. When I use this wet, it gets too wet, probably because it is not very dense and the goat hair is thin. I prefer the Sigma SS 239 to this, even though I am not a huge fan of that either. Don't get me wrong, I think it is a necessary brush to have, flat shader brush for applying and packing on color, but its not the one for me. Great brush for most people, but I'm just not feeling it like I should.

on 1/28/2010 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have just about every brush imaginable. But then I was thinking...If I'm going to need to pack, NOT sweep a pigment or paint on the lid and keep it in place...what the heck am I going to use? The 239 is PERFECTO for that. Perfectly shaped, perfect size (very important) not too soft, not too hard. Great brush.

on 1/23/2010 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I own 2 and love them!!! They pack on color wonderfully.. You will not regret buying this brush..

I LOVE THE 239!!! I use this bursh every single day - no joke, EVERYDAY!! And I've have it for almost 5 years and it is still is great condition. This was also my first MAC brush. I want to get a new one for how much I use it, but there's no point because it is still in such great shape. A MUST HAVE!

on 12/24/2009 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the best eyeshadow brush! It picks up a lot of color and packs on everything perfectly. I cannot live without this brush, it makes eyeshadow application so much better. The only bad thing is that its white hair so to avoid staining you should wash frequently.

on 12/22/2009 11:04:00 PM

Love this brush. It's dense enough to pick up shadow nicely, and the size is perfect for a wash of color on my eyes.

Popular Makeup Brushes