December 18, 2014 | 1658 users online

Powder - Merle Norman - Luxiva Ultra Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2004 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Monikah

Ugh, Sorry to be the party pooper guys but I really don't like this stuff. After reading all the great reviews on MUA I decided to go out and purchase one of my own. I went there and they tested it on my jawline with 'Buff'. I looked nice. They didnt have it in stock so they gave me the sample one to take home and use until they ordered some more. I went home and did my face with it and it was horrible! The stuff went on really nice on the places that are perfect it was smooth and silky, but on the more dry places it flaked SO much! Around the nose, in between the brow. Just ick. Being a teenager I do have a few zits, and it didnt cover the redness there. This isn't for me. If you dont have dry skin and zits, you just want a good foundation to even skin tone then this is good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2004 2:41:00 PM More reviews by AutumnBliss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well, I keep comming back to this
powder foundation. And I have tried
many. This has a wonderful light silky feel on the skin which I love, and the medium coverge I need. It doesn't look powdery or cakey -even with touch-ups. I like the packaging too. It has the larger mirror which helps in applying the makeup. I have to say it is the best powder foundation
I have ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2004 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Nikita03

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this powder! It stays on...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2004 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Nikita03

This is the only thing I can wear without my face breaking out,& I have sensitive skin.Plus,I like that this has a SPF 12 protection in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2004 3:12:00 PM More reviews by julielouis

Fantastic stuff, similar to Lancome's Dual Finish as far as coverage goes but looks less "powdery" or mask-like. I like this for summertime touch-ups and I also like how there seems to be a Merle Norman everywhere so it's easily obtainable. As far as powder foundations go I think it's truly one of the best.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2004 12:05:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using as a powder because when i've used it alone as a foundation it doesn't cover enough( good for evening skin tone but not to cover zits). Definitely good for oily skin. smooth texture and good staying power. i will repurchase so far. UPDATE 8/15/04 ok i cannot believe that something with such simple ingredients would irritate my skin but it did- so no more

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2004 5:02:00 PM More reviews by minxgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After using Luxiva Lasting Foundation for the past 5 years, I decided to switch over to a more moisturizing foundation. The result: beautiful sheen (thanks to the optical diffusers in it), superior coverage, and my skin looks and feels so smooth. I still use the Luxiva powder foundation as my finishing powder. My new HG foundation! Yay!!! UPDATE: This really isn't an update, but I think some of the reviewers are getting this product confused with the Luxiva Ultra POWDER Foundation; the product being reviwed here (Luxiva Ultra Foundation)is completely different: this product is a creamy foundation that comes in a round plastic container w/ a gold screw-off top. I hope this clears up any confusion!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2004 7:50:00 PM More reviews by acename

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! It's been one of my staples for a while now. Since I'm in college right now, I'm obviously low on cash but so for me this is definately an item I splurge on . It's so worth it. Looks so natural and goes on so easily with no mess like liquid foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2004 5:42:00 PM More reviews by minxgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wear this powder foundation in Ultra Fair and use it as a finishing powder over the Luxiva lasting foundation for a little more coverage where I need it. The powder has a really nice sheen when applied. My definite must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2004 7:17:00 PM More reviews by skymom

This is my all time favorite powder foundation, and a definite HG! I was amazed at how much I love this, and only decided to try it after I found out my mom was using it, and her makeup always looks fantastic. I've tried so many powder foundations (MAC, Stila, Clarins, and every drugstore brand to name a few) and this is the best for me in terms of coverage, oil control and no breakouts. The coverage is silky, and doesn't look cakey or made up like others I've tried. I know Merle Norman is not the most popular brand, and they target and older (ahem) demographic, but this foundation is worth a try. I'm on my third one, and believe me I never repurchase anything unless it's really good. Huge rave from me.