Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

3.4

OUTER CORE Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Diisostearyl Malate, Ozokerite, Polyvinyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer [+/- May Contain Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica] F.I.L. D158948/1. INNER CORE Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer [+/- May Contain Mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides] F.I.L. D158947/1

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Not totally perfect, hence the 4/5, but I love it. This and a mascara are the only cosmetics I throw in my bag daily. I like light makeup, and my skin isn't bad, but I have undereye circles and acne scarring that this cannot cover. I use the Almay CC cream in light and the Fit Me stick in 115 on top. I do this because the amount of coverage from both is perfect on me, and I love the finish of the stick. It takes away shine immediately, and leaves my entire face soft-feeling and looking. I apply this by vertically and horizontally striping this on certain areas of my face then rubbing all over. I got it when it first came out, and it's pretty much done for now, so it lasted me a number of months. I will be buying another tube. Maybelline is my favorite drugstore brand but I hope other brands make their own fndtn stick cus I'd love to try more. Also, I fall asleep in my makeup ALL the time, and am prone to acne, yet never woke up to a zit after wearing this. Really glad for that. Even if this doesn't cover enough on its own, I would suggest this to anyone especially to carry around. The shine-destroying gel core is wonderful. I like it much more than dusting on a powder. Yes, this is worth buying if just to top off your face makeup. My face looks good all day into night, where I might put a stripe on my cheeks to brighten that and the eye area.

on 10/24/2013 11:32:00 AM

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. It has moderately full coverage with a semi matte finish. It feels so smooth on my skin, it's not cakey at all. I am in love with how easy it blended onto my skin. The only issue is that it doesn't seem to last very long throughout the day.

on 10/23/2013 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Color me impressed. I dont have terrible skin but I am super oily with the ocassional small outbreak. I hate heavy coverage foundation, I like sheer coverage and I like to go in with concealer to cover imperfections and set with powder. So after thinking for months about this stick foundation, I finally broke down and bought it.

It gives me the coverage I desire. Easy to blend. Doesn't cake up or darken after a few hours of mixing with any oil. As for oil control, its not amazing but its not terrible either. I've been using it for three days now and while it doesn't exactly beat my shine, it does temper it and does NOT make it worse.

All in all, I like it. I'm trying to pull away from using bottles of foundation and sticking to BB creams, sticks and cream to power formulas so this might be added to my army of stuff.

on 10/22/2013 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I am really liking this foundation!
My face gets embarrassingly oily and I don't always have time to blot or powder...so I am a sucker for shine-free foundations.

I love how easy it applies! It's so smooth and blends like a dream! Using my fingers works surprisingly well, but I usually use a sponge. It's great if you're in a hurry or a newbie to wearing makeup.

The coverage is light-medium. I typically prefer full coverage, but I love how natural this looks! Not cakey or mask-like at all. Two layers covers acne scars and evens out my skin tone. Not a completely matte finish, which I like. Plus, it makes my skin sooo soft, smooth, and just "glowy" enough.

Bonus for me, the perfect color match!! Sun beige 310 was an exact match on my golden olive skin. Hallelujah. A drugstore foundation in the perfect color!

The staying power is average for a drugstore foundation. It controlled oil better than most foundations I've used, but still needs a little touching up after a few hours... However, it's super easy to reapply and touch up because it blends so beautifully.

As for cons, I really wish there was more product in each stick. I used my first stick up in less than a month. It transfers easily. And it isn't a quick fix for oily skin, you will want to touch it up.

Overall this is a good, inexpensive foundation if you're in a hurry, and/or don't need a full-face full-coverage foundation.

For the price, I'll probably continue to purchase.

on 10/22/2013 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The reason I didn't give this a five was because it didn't keep my oils at bay as much as I wanted t too. The 3 in 1 stay fabulous covergirl foundation did a better job and that wasn't as marketed for oily skin. I love the coverage. Great for everyday.

on 10/21/2013 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product, but I have never used it as an all-over foundation. I have 2 of them, one a few shades darker and one a few shades lighter than me and I use them for contouring (I got the idea from a YouTuber). I basically draw lines wherever I want to contour, and apply my foundation directly on top - as Goss shows in his contouring tutorial. This makes my contouring actually last all day, as opposed to fading away like it usually does with powder. Additionally. it gives me the high impact I want without it actually looking like I heavily contoured since the cream products blend flawlessly into my foundations! I love them for this!

on 10/21/2013 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

LOVE. Love, love, love!
For a really long time, I've been a die-hard fan of mineral makeup. However, I've started to notice two things; one, my skin would get shiny SO quickly, and two, dry patches would make certain areas of the mineral makeup look cakey.

I tried a sample of this foundation from a tear-out card in a magazine, and OH, it was love at first try. The color matches my skin perfectly, and the stick form glides on so, so easy. I make swipes all over my face, putting some extra in trouble zones to cover blemishes, then rub it all in like I would lotion.

Here's what's huge for me; I can wear this stuff without powder, and there is not a SPECK of shine even after a full day's wear. THIS IS HUGE. The shine-free claim is 100% on point. I mean, I'll apply around 7:30 a.m., and by 7:30 p.m., even after a class at the gym, I'm only a little bit shiny.

New favorite, hands down! The ONLY caveat? This is WAY not friendly if your skin is dry or has dry patches.

on 10/20/2013 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

At first, I heard great reviews about this product, I would see it in magazines and lots of youtubers had posted videos that made it seem like this product was the bomb. I tried it out and I will say it did a pretty decent job keeping the shine down. For a stick foundation it blends VERY VERY Well I will say that. I thought I was set with foundation and to just keep continuing to buy it but after a while I noticed it felt kind of heavy, and it runs out really fast in the tube so don't be surprised after 2 weeks or so that it may or may not be half gone already. I decided to try Loreal True Match foundation and now it makes the maybelline look and feel like shit. It's ok I guess, if I didn't have cash to buy a new foundation I wouldn't be upset if I had to use the Maybelline stick, but for 6 bucks at walmart I mean... it wasn't a huge loss. Not too bad, not great. It's decent. 7/10

on 10/20/2013 9:51:00 PM

I had wanted to pick this up for a while, finally got it this weekend annndd returned it to Target the very next day. First of all, this has basically zero coverage. I normally use a BB cream, so I don't mind lighter coverage- but this was non existent! I felt like I had to put a couple layers on to cover anything. About an hour (or less) after I put it on, my face was super greasy. Normally, my face can get shiny throughout the day but this usually happens in the afternoon- several hours after I put my makeup on in the am. So I'm not sure what was "shine free" about this product? I wanted to love it but it really didn't work for me. Target took it back with no issues.

on 10/20/2013 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

After watching countless reviews on Youtube i decided to give this product a try. I got this shade in golden beige, swiped the product on my cheeks, forehead, chin, and nose. Used my fingers to blend the product and all I can say, it emphasized my pores and zits. It looked horrible on me. My face looked caked up, tried spritzing my UD stay all-night spray and I still looked horrible. Sigh....i think ill stick to the loreal true match liquid foundation.

Popular Stick Foundations