January 31, 2015 | 495 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I adore the stick packaging, so convenient to use, just swipe and blend! Downside is this didn't stay on me very long even with a primer underneath and didn't help much with shine/oil and I was shiny within an hour or 2. Coverage wasn't too bad (medium) but it doesn't last long and disappears once I get oily. I gave it a 3 because I love the packaging so much I am going to experiment and see if I can make it work somehow. I would recommend this if your skin is not too oily, normal to slightly oily would work best with this imo. Would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by p4percut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

High points for price and packaging. Stick foundation is super easy to carry around for travel, touchups, etc. and super easy to apply. Though it would be nice if the cap snapped on more securely. Swipe on, blend. I lamented the lack of a stick foundation in drugstores then this came out! Grabbed it as soon as I could.

I have 120, which is slightly pink on me. My summer tan has faded a bit so now it is too pink and too dark. I may go back and grab 110 but the difference between these two shades look huge, I'm afraid it may be too light.

It goes on oily and it needs powder on top to set it. Very natural, but make sure you have moisturized skin else it accentuates flakes.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Maxxi5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Because I'm a makeup junkie, I broke down and purchase the foundation stick. I guess because my expectation were low, is why I'm giving it a good/fair review.

I totally hated the liquid foundation in the FitMe line, but the stick was ok. Not a fair amount of shades for women of color but the 355 (dark shade) was a good match for me. The finish was sheer, yet matte. I did use primer and allowed it to totally dry. I did use my fingers as the FitMe stick recommended.

This is a inexpensive suitable for work or simple daily use. I wouldn't suggest it if you want that super polished, faultless look. I did set my foundation with another brand of powder (wasn't sure I wanted to invest in theirs just yet)

I ran a few errands and came home and I still looked fresh and natural. I liked it because it's not thick nor heavy. It does dry fast, so you have to apply and blend quickly.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by thechain

I was drawn to the slim and durable packaging.
The foundation itself, however, was disappointing. It applies easily, yes...But, it is not mattifying nor is it hydrating. My combo skin was left looking really dry in some places and shiny in others.
If I wear it over a liquid foundation, it does leave a nice finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

For a drugstore foundation that provides medium coverage I'm super impressed. I have oily/combo skin with no acne (at least for this week). I swiped across my face working in sections using my fingers to blend. First day of wear I didn't finish it off with any powder as I wanted to see how my skin would react to it (no oxidizing or oily cesspool resulted). Second day of wear I applied a light dusting of Bobbi Brown Retouching Powder in "peach". Beautiful finish. I absolutely love this foundation as its quick and it doesn't feel heavy on the skin. There is no funny scent to it and the color was a perfect match. I'm a NC45 for reference and the color I chose is #340.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I Like the packaging and how convenient it is to just throw in an overnight bag or purse. however, i don't like how this feels on the skin. it looks natural, but it's not the best for oily skin, and it's advertised as a mattefying foundation. like really?! i can feel this on my face, especially when it gets oily. not a good look. doesn't have the best coverage either.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by olithea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this to take on a trip with me. First let me say, shade "110 Porcelain" I would only recommend for really really pale skin, it's super light and there's a grey-ish cast to it. It does a good job evening out my skin tone, both the sallow areas around my eyes and the redness on my forehead. The coverage starts out light but is buildable and easy to work into the skin. I would recommend you keep on top of your skin care regimen, this really emphasized the dry areas on my forehead. It stays in place fairly well and does not feel heavy or greasy on my face. There is a slight smell of...dirt? maybe? but it's not noticeable after a few minutes.

I'm not sure I'll be replacing my every day foundation with this, but it'll be fine for my vacation.

Edited Nov 22, 2013: After using this for a while, I really don't care for the texture of it all that much. It's just too greasy feeling for me. Even after I exfoliate it seems to find every flaky piece of skin and highlight it. I don't feel like it's very friendly to mature skin. I knocked it down to 3 lippies and decided I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by beautygroove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation. It's quick and it's easy to apply! No brush and no liquid mess. Just apply on your face and blend with clean fingers. I only have moisturizer underneath and it works well for my skin. The finish coverage looks good on me and this product lasted for me. If not, the stick is handy so just carry it in your purse and touch up whenever needed.

The price is around $7 bucks I believe, but I got a coupon and spent a few dollars less. For a stick foundation, I really like it. It isn't drying and it's just very easy to blend. The shade I got was 220.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by lipglossraider

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really intrigued by the positive reviews for this product. i am am 'light' foundation user and always look for something light but with good shine free coverage that would last me the whole working day. First of all i went researching online on the maybelline website and they had all the shades, however everytime i went into boots or superdrugs in the UK, they neva had the whole range? strange? i am a NC35-40. I was really wanted the golden beige. However as they dnt have the whole range in store i got the Sun Beige which is shade no. 250.

My thoughts:
1. Feels like a light coverage on skin with a medium coverage look.
2.smooth blendable texture.
3. not matte but a satin matte finish with a fresh face look.
3.its cheap!
4. matches my complexion perfectly.
5. covers uneven pigmentation ( im not that spotty but covered some scars).
6. perfect for on the go, or a quick makeup look.
7. my t zone and nose gets very shiny by midday but this stayed semi matte with a glow by 4pm. (i put it on at 7 am).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by ameliakatherine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this in Buff Beige, 130. I don't normally wear drugstore foundations, but I needed a new cheap "backup" to keep at the office. I ended up wearing this the first day I had it just to try it out. I have combination skin that's very sensitive. I spread the stick over my face and blended with EcoTools foundation brush.

Pros
- Natural Coverage - hides uneven tone and texture, still lets my freckles show through (which I like!), and doesn't have that flat finish that heavy coverage foundations do. This is definitely a light-to-medium foundation like it says. If you're looking for a perfect face, this isn't for you.
- Fairly oil-controlling
- Silky Smooth texture
- FUN and easy to apply! This blends really well.

Cons
- needs a primer; this stayed in place around my pores but did crease around my tiny eye wrinkles. I usually use Too-Faced poreless primer, but my go-to moisturizer also did the job.
- this isn't for extreme skin, I can see it flaking on really dry skin and not keeping serious oil at bay. If you have normal or moderately oily, dry, or combination skin, this will work fine.
- maybe I'm missing something, but I can't find ingredients anywhere, even online. It's really important to me that I know what I'm putting on my skin, so the lack of ingredient information makes me nervous. I would start using it more often if I knew the ingredients checked out. If anyone has that information, link me!
- not full coverage. If you have a lot of blemishes, redness, or scarring, look elsewhere.
- not buildable. I've seen a few people say that they think it could be - this definitely is NOT buildable. You'll know when you put a little too much on because it will look very cakey and stop blending.

I like a natural, light finish that doesn't feel heavy or look too matte, so this is a winner for me. I've seen a few complaints about the price for the amount of product. You end up using very little at a time, so I don't think it's that big of a deal. I love how tiny and unmessy it is, that makes it easy to keep at the office or in my purse.