Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

3.4

OUTER CORE Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Diisostearyl Malate, Ozokerite, Polyvinyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer [+/- May Contain Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica] F.I.L. D158948/1. INNER CORE Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer [+/- May Contain Mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides] F.I.L. D158947/1

on 10/21/2013 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product, but I have never used it as an all-over foundation. I have 2 of them, one a few shades darker and one a few shades lighter than me and I use them for contouring (I got the idea from a YouTuber). I basically draw lines wherever I want to contour, and apply my foundation directly on top - as Goss shows in his contouring tutorial. This makes my contouring actually last all day, as opposed to fading away like it usually does with powder. Additionally. it gives me the high impact I want without it actually looking like I heavily contoured since the cream products blend flawlessly into my foundations! I love them for this!

on 10/21/2013 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

LOVE. Love, love, love!
For a really long time, I've been a die-hard fan of mineral makeup. However, I've started to notice two things; one, my skin would get shiny SO quickly, and two, dry patches would make certain areas of the mineral makeup look cakey.

I tried a sample of this foundation from a tear-out card in a magazine, and OH, it was love at first try. The color matches my skin perfectly, and the stick form glides on so, so easy. I make swipes all over my face, putting some extra in trouble zones to cover blemishes, then rub it all in like I would lotion.

Here's what's huge for me; I can wear this stuff without powder, and there is not a SPECK of shine even after a full day's wear. THIS IS HUGE. The shine-free claim is 100% on point. I mean, I'll apply around 7:30 a.m., and by 7:30 p.m., even after a class at the gym, I'm only a little bit shiny.

New favorite, hands down! The ONLY caveat? This is WAY not friendly if your skin is dry or has dry patches.

on 10/20/2013 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

At first, I heard great reviews about this product, I would see it in magazines and lots of youtubers had posted videos that made it seem like this product was the bomb. I tried it out and I will say it did a pretty decent job keeping the shine down. For a stick foundation it blends VERY VERY Well I will say that. I thought I was set with foundation and to just keep continuing to buy it but after a while I noticed it felt kind of heavy, and it runs out really fast in the tube so don't be surprised after 2 weeks or so that it may or may not be half gone already. I decided to try Loreal True Match foundation and now it makes the maybelline look and feel like shit. It's ok I guess, if I didn't have cash to buy a new foundation I wouldn't be upset if I had to use the Maybelline stick, but for 6 bucks at walmart I mean... it wasn't a huge loss. Not too bad, not great. It's decent. 7/10

on 10/20/2013 9:51:00 PM

I had wanted to pick this up for a while, finally got it this weekend annndd returned it to Target the very next day. First of all, this has basically zero coverage. I normally use a BB cream, so I don't mind lighter coverage- but this was non existent! I felt like I had to put a couple layers on to cover anything. About an hour (or less) after I put it on, my face was super greasy. Normally, my face can get shiny throughout the day but this usually happens in the afternoon- several hours after I put my makeup on in the am. So I'm not sure what was "shine free" about this product? I wanted to love it but it really didn't work for me. Target took it back with no issues.

on 10/20/2013 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

After watching countless reviews on Youtube i decided to give this product a try. I got this shade in golden beige, swiped the product on my cheeks, forehead, chin, and nose. Used my fingers to blend the product and all I can say, it emphasized my pores and zits. It looked horrible on me. My face looked caked up, tried spritzing my UD stay all-night spray and I still looked horrible. Sigh....i think ill stick to the loreal true match liquid foundation.

on 10/14/2013 11:20:00 PM

Has little coverage and is extremely oily if you don't rub it good into the skin. So there is really no layering to it. Less coverage than a BB cream. However in emergency the color is good and it can be caked on to last for a hour. Great for a teenage girl with nearly perfect skin!

on 10/14/2013 1:31:00 PM

I recently bought this and i think it has great coverage! It goes on smoothly and its very easy to blend. The price isnt too bad either. I would probably buy it again, i recommend this product for those who want good coverage. I just wish it had more product.. I find it dont last that long. And if you wear a lot of it, it looks cakey.

on 10/14/2013 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I have oily, acne prone skin. It doesn't matter what I put on my face because come midday my skin will be oily looking. So I decided to try out the shine free foundation stick. I figured, why not? It's a stick and it claims to be shine free. Also, it has this anti-shine core that is supposed to instantly dissolve oil.

First, I'm gonna start with what I liked about it.

1) I bought two shades, 330 Toffee and 340 Cappucinno. I ended up returning Toffee because it had some beige undertones that looked very unflattering on my face. However, the Cappuccinno shade was a perfect match.
2) Applying this was cake. I mean, it just glided on so effortlessly. I usually associated stick foundations with a heavier consistency but this was very lightweight and easy to blend. I could just use my fingers to blend it in, no problem.

Now, this is what I didn't like about it.

1) As I mentioned earlier, I associate stick foundations with heavier consistency and coverage. Unfortunately, this only gave light coverage. I tried adding more layers to cover up my acne scars but it didn't work.
2) Shine free, my butt! This still made my skin look shiny. Even after I set it with powder. That so-called "anti-shine core" didn't do anything to dissolve my oil. In fact, I don't think it did anything. Instead, I think it's there for added decoration. Those folks at Maybelline need to quit lying and misleading people.
3) This made me break out! So not cool at all!

In closing, I would not recommend this to anyone with oily skin. Unless you wanna go around looking like you wearing chicken grease on your face. Also, if you have flaws that need a lot of coverage (in my case, acne scars) you might do better trying out a different foundation because this is not the one.

on 10/12/2013 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It's OKAY. The coverage is medium. The packaging I love. Its so easy to apply. If you want this to work through out a day YOU MUST USE A PRIMER. This will disappear through out the course of your day. Today I used it with my Smashbox Photo Finish Primer and it shockingly held up pretty well. Other days it just falls right off. Doesn't make me too oily. It definetly makes your skin look a little dry. I use 2 layers and feel like I get the most out of it. It will feel very thick but it somewhat goes away after you set it. Its a foundation for those of us who dont need alot to cover up or you just need it to run some errands. I may re purchase bc its not the worse.. Its simply OKAY. More on the good side then bad tho.

on 10/11/2013 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This Foundation! It's soo perfect with my skin. The application is so convenient, it's so easy to just sweep on! literallly! It doesnt cake and even though i have oily skin, it's moisturizing but still controls oil, if that makes any sense. Classic Ivory is the perfect color for me and it gives a nice finish. I would say that I would use a powder over it, because it can look a little dewy. Cheers! <3