September 18, 2014 | 867 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by ZebraPrints

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stick foundation. Easy to blend and it did cover up my pores and redness. Great affordable product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Tesamarie27

I didn't think I was going to like this product, but I really needed a fast and light foundation for school. I was pleasantly surprised at how perfectly it matched me and how awesome the finish was. It has a powder type finish and leaves your skin blurred (flawless in a natural way) if you have minor blemishes. I will definitely repurchase this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by vwzen81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the idea of this foundation but I don’t actually like it. Application was a bit weird, I tried using several different brushes but it was like I was just smearing the foundation around. The best application I got was when I used my fingers. The coverage is very light but I don’t have anything to cover except for my red cheeks, so this this wasn’t a negative in my opinion. If you have acne or scars to cover this won’t do it, you’re going to need some good concealer. This foundation is supposed to be shine free but on me it’s not; I don’t have oily skin, just my nose will get a bit greasy. However, after having this foundation on for only about 2 hours I’ve got oil coming thru on my entire t-zone. And this is when I use my Urban Decay De-Slick and set it with a loose powder. Something in this foundation makes my skin want to produce more oil than usual. Lastly, this foundation seems to almost vanish after about 4-5 hours; it’s the oddest thing, I’m not sure where it’s going. I don’t touch my face at all during the day, so it’s almost like this foundation evaporates like water; and I’m left looking all patchy where it’s worn off. This foundation is a no go for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow! After trying every high end foundation on the market (I just have to try every one, its a problem), I was intrigued by a magazine ad of this and I've never tried a stick foundation. Plus it was selling out of my local rite aid like a hot cake so I was super interested of course haha. My skin, dare I say, has been in the 'normal' range lately (knock wood) due to my new noxzema w moisturizers/cetaphil cream regimen... This has balanced the dry and oily parts of my skin to a wonderful smooth canvas. So I wasn't worried about an oil or flakiness problem. My skin is normally around an nw20 but its a little tan right now; I bought both the 2nd & 3rd lightest shade as it was BOGO. The 3rd lightest is fitting me now (no pun intended). I figure id save the lighter one for winter. This has got to be the easiest mode of application I've ever dealt with. Rub on face, smooth in w fingers, no powder needed. Dries to a semi matte natural finish. A little bronzer and perfection. Prob a solid medium coverage. I don't see this lasting long but hey, it's $8. I will def through one into bag for touch ups! Excited to try w different primers for a more luminous finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by kmm14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is now my HG foundation!!! I could not recommend it enough! I am in my teens and have oily, acne-prone skin, and this foundation makes my skin look absolutely flawless! I don't even need concealer to cover the redness because this does it all! This blends seamlessly on my face and gives me a beautiful, airbrushed look! If you need a great foundation PLEASE consider this!<3

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by 8Infinity8

I think the product is pretty good. Ive always been looking for a cheap foundation with enough yellow in it but all the foundations I bought made my skin look way too pink and unnatural. I bought the liquid Fit Me as my very first foundation and noticed that it had a good yellow tone to it (I didn't return to it only because it made my face look oily). So after all the unsuccessful results with the other foundations I returned to this product because I saw that it would give a nice matte finish. I was very happy with the product! It stayed matte but I do need to put on concealer to fully cover my acne spots. I would buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by willcaro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Before I purchased this I read several reviews for it here on this site and decided against it due to all of the negative comments. Then I went on a short weekend trip and forgot my make up bag so I had to pick up some basics at CVS and I decided to pick this up, and then even if i hated it, I would just use it for the weekend and move on. But I honestly fell in love with it. I have super oily skin and no foundation has been able to completely control it, so I won't knock it for not being able to eliminate my shine for hours but for me, it doesn't make my problem worse. I've read some reviews that say it made dry skin oily and greasy but I personally don't see how that could happen. Maybe if applied over moisturizer? I don't need added moisture so I just use a silicone based primer and apply this right over top, blending it with my fingers. It has a natural powdery finish and I would put this in the light coverage category. It's much less hassle to apply than using sponges and liquid foundations, and for a working college student like myself, it works perfectly for me.

Others have commented that it's not long lasting, and maybe it's because I used a primer, but when I go to take off my make up at night, I do remove quit a but of foundation which I can see on my cleansing wipes. So, that also hasn't been an issue for me. I also will note that I have acne prone skin and this hasn't broken me out. I also wear 315 in the Fit me powder and the 310 shade is a PERFECT match. It also doesn't completely cover a couple bad post acne marks but with some concealer you can't see a thing. The one negative that I have found is it does crease on my eye lids and underneath my eyes, but if I apply powder below and some eye shadow on top, then problem solved!

Don't let the negative reviews deter you from this foundation. Everyone's skin is different and maybe I had low expectations but I do now wear this daily. I've got a drawer full of foundations ranging from drug store to designer so I've got no shortage of options and I'm sticking with this one for now.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Jerena

another overhyped by youtube gurus product! After applying it literally looks like i put butter
all over my face and after a few hours it looks even worst. I have combination skin and it looks so shiny and uneven, doesn't sink into the skin at all. Glad i could return it to target and get covergirl outlast, way better foundation!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by bink180

Ok, I wouldn't call this HG but for the price, and the coverage, and the feeling after I apply it, it's worth trying.

I gives up to a medium coverage, I have acne scars on my cheeks that are starting to fade away but with some concealer I look absolutely flawless. I found to application concept a little weird and laughed at myself putting it on, striping what could be a chubby concealer crayon all over my face looks amusing but for me it saves me a lot of time trying to make sure its all blended in. I use my fingers to blend it on cause I found it worked the best.

I would recommend this for combination to normal skin, oily skin if they set it with a little bit more powder. Because the powder core from the stick isn't going to be enough I don't think. For me I applied powder on my nose cause that's where I need it most and it didn't look cakey at all.

I would give this 5 stars because it saves me time, the shade selection is ok for me, it wears well, coverage is comfortable, and it's inexpensive!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by 2010

I purchased this in the lightest shade, and unless you are vampire white, I would go with the second shade up. I have really oily skin and I found that this foundation became patchy and shiny after 1 hour. It has very light coverage so don't expect it to cover dark spots, rosacea etc. I have no plans to repurchase this because it just doesn't work for my skin type and the coverage isn't enough.