December 18, 2014 | 1800 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by miaow94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

i was really excited to try out this product because of it's claims of controlling your oil with the shine free core within the foundation. and the fact that it is in stick form i thought it would be great to take on the go and such. however when i glided the product onto my skin it looked good, until i started blending the product into my face and it just..disappears. disappearing isn't the problem since it meant the shade matches my skin; the problem was it didn't cover anything on my face, i have acne some acne scaring that has gotten much better compared to before so they aren't very brown scars but just more pinky and spotty. i also saw that my pores seemed more visible when i wore this foundation. as for oil control core, it didn't do shit, i got oily even faster when i used this foundation versus when i wore my other foundations. so overall i think it performed pretty poorly, perhaps it's more meant for people with almost perfect skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is another foundation that I really wanted to work. I love the convenience of stick foundations. They take up such a small space in your makeup bag, and they're easy to throw in your purse for touch ups.

Unfortunately, I have really oily skin. I have tried a lot of creme to powder and stick foundations over the years. None of them have worked out well because my skin is just too oily.

The creaminess that allows you to spread the makeup over your skin never really leaves, and it adds to the oil in your skin. These foundations tend to slip off your t-zone and transfers onto anything that touches your face. That's exactly what happened with this little stick.

Edit: Use a primer made for oily skin, and this product stays on better (it's still not really long lasting though).

Despite being labeled for oily skin, it probably won't be your best choice if you are super oily. Also, I found the colors to be a little too peachy in the light color range.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by paigedeb738

This foundation has to be one of the best for the price. I've used multiple nars foundations, bare minerals and some of the more expensive BB creams and haven't been fully satisfied with any (especially for how expensive they all are). I bought this foundation on a whim at the drugstore and am so happy I did! I have pretty fair skin and ended up getting shade 120 which I believe is classic ivory. The match is perfect! This foundation goes on super easily and is light and easy to blend. I stay away from full coverage foundations but I do have some redness and uneven skin tone that I need a little help with and this product gave me perfect coverage without looking cakey! I tend to get really oily in my t-zone during the day but using this with my Lancôme primer kept me shine free and flawless looking all day with no reapplication! I will definitely buy this again and would recommend it to anyone looking for a great, everyday foundation without breaking the bank!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

I wouldn't really use this as my actual foundation because i have to wear a full face but this stuff works great and has amazing coverage!! But....really cool to just throw on when running to the grocery store or someplace quickly when you want to look simple!! Very light feeling on the face and silky in texture for even blending. Great product to carry around in your purse or clutch to touch up your makeup throughout the day or evening. The one I have matches my skin tone just perfectly. Im kind of in love with this stuff and happy this was created, very innovative!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by darkskyequeen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is so far the best drugstore foundation that I have found.I found out about this from a youtube review vid and figured for the price it is worth a shot. I'm around an NC44 and I bought the shade 330/Caramel Toffee and that is the most perfect match ever. I was in shock actually because many foundations especially drugstore ones have been too pink or reddish. I did the walk into the sunshine test and it really was hard to tell that I was wearing foundation. It blends so well into the skin giving me a natural looking texture. It's almost like a cream to slight powder finish. Very silky! The coverage is light to medium but seems like it could be buildable beyond that. I have oily skin and I found it truly to be oil controlling. I do spray urban decay's all nighter on first though. After I swipe the foundation on and blend into my skin I really didn't need a finishing powder. I'll definitely buy this product again. It's going to be a staple now especially for on the go. I still love my other foundations but this one is just so "no fuss", compact and easy to use.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

As someone with combination oily skin that's especially oily during the summer, of course I was drawn to this foundation as an option for matte-finish. I got my hands on shade 220. Nevermind that it doesn't actually state that it's oil-free nor that it's oil-controlling! Assuming that it's a gel-to-powder foundation, it's less likely to let shine through, right?

... Well on its own, it only controls shine for about 3 to 4 hours before I start to glisten, even with toner and oil-free moisturizer. I should note that this is in hot, 100°F climates, both dry outdoor and humid indoor, so I'm sure this has better staying power in cooler conditions. On application, it does have a natural-looking, matte finish, but the coverage is pretty sheer, and had the same issue with buildable color that I had with Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse foundation: it doesn't seem to build on itself, and it transfers. It only rubs off the color that's already been laid down, unless I powder the first layer and then apply the second layer. This is ok for when my skin is pretty clear as it does even out minor redness and faded acne scars, but if I need coverage for newer breakouts or darker scars, I have to switch to a more fuller-coverage foundation. I personally feel that the original Maybelline FIT me! foundation in the liquid formula has more coverage than the Shine-Free incarnation. While it has a more luminous finish, it can be toned down with a matte powder to achieve practically the same result as the Shine-Free foundation, if not better.

Another issue with this foundation that everyone harps on is that it is only 9g of product; factor out some ingredients like fillers and water found in most 30g/1oz foundations and the amount of product you get is a little easier to accept if you just need a bare-bones, everyday foundation that happens to be compact enough to take on the go. Just have a powder compact for touch-ups as well.

But as someone who needs more out of her foundation, I can't accept this; Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse contains 18g of product for about the same price--about $8. bareMinerals' powder foundation jars also contain 9g of buildable-coverage, loose powder for $25; no fillers, liquids, or creams to weigh it down. And finally, Maybelline's SuperStay 24HR Makeup--my go-to for affordable, matte, long-wearing, waterproof foundation with excellent coverage--is $8-9 for 30ml/1oz of product, 3x that of FIT me! Shine-Free and still the same price.

Honestly, this isn't a bad product for those who prefer light, natural-looking makeup or just need something for lazy days or errand outings; I keep this around for my weekends lounging at home. But for all-day or strenuous affairs like work, parties, or formal events when pigmentation, staying power and shine-control is a must, there are definitely better foundations.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by sweetascandie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very pleased with this foundation! Reminds me of Max Factors Pan Stick, that I used to us, before they quit selling it here in the us. Pefect for my dry skin, and freackles. Covered them great!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Principesa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been looking for a semi-matte foundation that doesn't look like a mask or make wrinkles look worse. I do like the convenience of a stick, I had one from Avon that was good but of course they stopped making it. I got this one in 120 light medium shade to avoid a pale chalky look I get with lighter shades. It did seem to go on matte but coverage was minimal even with building up. Within a couple hours I looked greasy and I don't really have oily skin anymore. Not a flattering glow, just like I had greasy skin and hadn't bothered to do anything with myself. I kept trying it with different moisturizer but then I actually started getting zits on my chin! Well this had not happened for so many years it had to be this foundation. Lucky it was only $7. So basically not matte, made me oily, wrinkly and zitty. Not recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Crissy009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Shade: 340 - Cappuccino
Coverage: Light - medium
Longevity: It will last at least 6 hours of reasonable wear. I wouldn't wear it for partying...

*Not the matte finish you'd expect.

It's pretty great stuff. I have a very oily t-zone and the product did ok with the oil. I will always have to set any foundation I use anyway. What I was most impressed with was the colour match and texture. This shade has a yellow undertone, which isn't great for everyone but it's perfect for me. It just disappears on my skin, and covers just enough while still looking natural. It glides on, and blends easily so I can throw this on in a hurry before work or something.

Overall, I love stick foundations and Maybelline did a great job with this. Please don't discontinue!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

Really love this product! I bought two shades, 120 and 220. My walgreens only had one of each color. 220 matched me better than 120 which was very light. I was taken by surprise of this foundation. My first stick fdnt and love it already! The consistency is creamy, and gives light-medium coverage but build able. I swiped it on my face and used RT EFB to blend. I felt my face it felt like my own skin, not sticky or anything. Just amazing! Haven't used setting powder yet and I'm not oily. Will update shortly.

Update: Still loving this fdnt! I've worn it daily instead of my HF HE fdnt. This has SO much better oil control than my KVD lock it. My nose gets really oily in the summer, and this stick controls it wonderfully.
Update: This began feeling a little weird on my skin. Like oily, but my skin isn't very oily.