August 23, 2014 | 1321 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Jerena

another overhyped by youtube gurus product! After applying it literally looks like i put butter
all over my face and after a few hours it looks even worst. I have combination skin and it looks so shiny and uneven, doesn't sink into the skin at all. Glad i could return it to target and get covergirl outlast, way better foundation!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by bink180

Ok, I wouldn't call this HG but for the price, and the coverage, and the feeling after I apply it, it's worth trying.

I gives up to a medium coverage, I have acne scars on my cheeks that are starting to fade away but with some concealer I look absolutely flawless. I found to application concept a little weird and laughed at myself putting it on, striping what could be a chubby concealer crayon all over my face looks amusing but for me it saves me a lot of time trying to make sure its all blended in. I use my fingers to blend it on cause I found it worked the best.

I would recommend this for combination to normal skin, oily skin if they set it with a little bit more powder. Because the powder core from the stick isn't going to be enough I don't think. For me I applied powder on my nose cause that's where I need it most and it didn't look cakey at all.

I would give this 5 stars because it saves me time, the shade selection is ok for me, it wears well, coverage is comfortable, and it's inexpensive!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by 2010

I purchased this in the lightest shade, and unless you are vampire white, I would go with the second shade up. I have really oily skin and I found that this foundation became patchy and shiny after 1 hour. It has very light coverage so don't expect it to cover dark spots, rosacea etc. I have no plans to repurchase this because it just doesn't work for my skin type and the coverage isn't enough.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by RachaelM88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Man, I really wanted to love this foundation! The commercial for this foundation really sold me on the product---matte finish, shine free, natural coverage....what's not to love about the description of this foundation for an oily skinned girl? Well, I was disappointed to say the least. I should of known it wasn't going to work out between us when I initially applied it. Super creamy, very blendable, but emollient: not really characteristics that are kind to oil. I set this with a powder and went about my day. This foundation maybe lasted a few hours before I started to see it get splotchy and separated. I blotted with blotting paper and it looked a little better, but that didn't last long. I had lost most of the foundation on my face by the end of the day. I gave it 2 lippies because the color was really nice (I purchased the shade 120 classic ivory; I am NC15 in MAC) and I did like the way it made my skin look at first. I think this foundation would be perfect for someone who likes natural coverage, and has normal to slightly oily skin. I just couldn't get this foundation to mesh well with my super duper oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this up for everyday so that I could stretch out the use of my Liquid Halo foundation. I love the Halo but it's pretty humid here and the formula is so light that it doesn't always hold up during the day. I hate the liquid version of this but thought I'd give the stick version a try since it's so cheap I could buy 2 in complimentary shades, one darker and one lighter for a quick and easy natural looking contour. The claim for this foundation is that the core in the center helps keep you matte. I have combo skin with an oily T-zone and I'm pleasantly surprised at how well this held up. The finish is slightly velvety on the skin but I don't find it powdery or heavy and the coverage is a buildabe light/medium. Even when I did have some breakthrough shine blotting made this look pretty fresh again. I've only used this for a few days during the day so this is a first impression review but I've had no more transfer issues using this that I do with any other product in heat and humidity. In fact if I'm in AC this stuff over primer doesn't seem to budge at all. It hasn't caused me to break out so far but I will update if that becomes an issue. My skin usually doesn't like silicone based products that don't contain SA or a retinoid. Since my primer does that could prevent future problems. My only complaint is that Maybelline has some seriously limited shade selection that I thought leaned to the cool side in the medium- dark shades and the options for anyone darker than medium or even light/medium are few. Testing in the store was confusing because once blended in a lot of the colors seemed to just look the same. I bought Sun Beige as a contour color and a lighter beige tone for everywhere else. Even the darker shade is a lot lighter than you would expect but works well combined to give a more natural 3 dimensional look than either shade would give on it's own. On their own they look a bit flat. I just swipe on the darker shades everywhere I would contour and the lighter shade everywhere else and blend it all in with either a kabuki or expert face brush starting with the lighter areas first. It blends pretty easily for a stick foundation and is buildable for problem areas. It's also super quick to apply and great for when you're in a hurry.This can feel a little drying for me personally so I have to moisturize before putting this on but that could also be because my primer has a high silica content. I may repurchase since it's so affordable and easy to use. I just suggest using more than one shade for the most natural look. If you can find two suitable for your skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by MKOP

I have super oily-acne prone skin so I am somewhat sceptical buying foundations. As a stick foundation, application was pretty easy. But it did not last long within about 3 hours I couldn't even tell I had put any foundation on. With some primer it did last longer. As for the "anti-shine" core, I did find my skin was less oily. All in all its a pretty good foundation, it would just be nice if you didn't need to apply primer beforehand.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by giannaaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is super easy to apply and blend. If you don't apply a good moisturizer, you get dry patches around your nose. The shine free core doesn't really work, you just get the foundation all over it. I do enjoy using this product if I'm rushing but I rather use something that would give me a little more coverage than this. It does last about 7 or 8 hours but if your sweating it's gone by the end of the day. When you apply the product it's sticky, even when you blend it out and apply powder. I just feel like Im wearing a glob of foundation on my skin. I would not buy this foundation stick again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by glamerous3059

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i picked up these at Ulta so it was buy 1 get `1 half off.. yeeeaaaaa.....
NOPE! took back to store a week later.. i am super oily and while i loved the color, application and stick .. i was oily in 1 hour.. even with my MOM and primer and powder. nothing helped i was soooo sad but i had to return them both.. follow me for all reviews on youtube under the channel - fearless femme--

i have reviews and video up on this and many more, sorry maybelline, maybe nexttime

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by rainnkenyon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I loved the liquid Fit Me foundation, but after reading reviews thought I'd take a pass on this. A great sale combined with a coupon changed my mind. I'm glad it did. I applied this over sunscreen and primer, as I do all foundations, and it went on like a dream. As it is summer and my skin is a bit dark for me, I used color 120. I was happy to see there were two lighter shades so I will have choice in winter. The color was a perfect match and this applied very easily. Just a few swipes and blend. With this I have mostly used my fingers to keep things simple, but I have used a brush with great results. I won't say it makes me matte, but I did like the satiny look it gave. It had light coverage for me, so I added a bit more in the few areas I needed it and it it went to a medium coverage. It wore well most days. My skin is dry, so that helps.
Wanting to compare it to regular fit me, I did one side in liquid and one side of my face in stick. It seemed to me to be the same coverage, and lasted as long. I couldn't tell the difference, but I only did this once. Realistically, how often would a person try this?
My only complaint is the amount in the tube. There is only .32 oz and the liquid is 1 oz. For this reason I prefer the liquid. What I do like this for is to toss in my purse makeup bag, and I just took it with me on vacation. It was ideal for travel, and I would repurchase it for that reason. With the small amount in the tube, that might be much sooner than I'd like.
This isn't my HG foundation, but I do like it well enough and don't regret the purchase. My skin looks good when I use it and it feels good on. It is a nice portable foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by hornsofjericho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this foundation because recently I've started to have a lot of grease build up on my face. I have a very past paced job, long hours and a lot of talking so I need a foundation that will look good on my face all day.
I usually use Max Factor Liquid foundation but this just isn't good enough on my face for a full day without me having to consistently keep topping up.

I purchased this in a popular chain on the UK for £9. Clean face, moisturised and applied.

I've never been so disappointed in my life with a foundation. It actually made my face look so much greasier after 4 hours of work! It literally looked like my face was sweating even though I wasn't sweating a drop. This grease built up so much and the foundation was sliding around my face it looked horrific. Maybe I didn't apply enough, maybe my powder is pretty thick ontop of this foundation but I've honestly never used a foundation and had that much build up of grease showing, it was absolutely awful!
Definitely not buying this again, I still have the whole thing there used once and wish to never use it again. Unless someone recommends me a different powder or even a different moisturiser or primer to use as a base, it will stay untouched for good!