July 28, 2014 | 1694 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBrunette16

I love this foundation! My only issue with it is the little amount of product. It was nice and light on my skin, lasted a good amount of time, but unfortunately let the shine through on m t zone. so a lil extra powdering there

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a big fan of Maybelline's Fit Me Foundation, so I was very excited when they released the Fit Me Shine Free Stick Foundation. Maybelline says "fresh gel foundation blends into a flawless matte finish Lightweight powders in the anti-shine core instantly dissolve excess oil. It's one-step perfection" This foundation is available in 12 shades, I'm reviewing the lightest shade, 110 Porcelain. The Fit Me Foundation Stick contains 9g (.32 oz), which is quite a small amount. I bought this foundation at Giant Eagle for around $8; it'll run between $7-11 depending on where you buy it. The Fit Me Shine Free Stick Foundation does not seem to contain any SPF. Unfortunately, Maybelline continues to test their products on animals. This foundation is made in America.
I like the packaging for Maybelline's Fit Me Shine Free Foundation Stick, it's sleek, compact, and portable. This product comes housed in a black twist tube with a partially clear cap. The tube is about 3 1/2 inches long. I only have one complaint, the cap doesn't snap on as firmly as I'd like. The design of this foundation's packaging is pretty plain - is isn't loaded with information or boldly colored logos, the product name is printed on the cap in silver letters. The foundation is a short, round stick of product with a white core. Because 110 is so light the core isn't as apparent as it is in darker shades.
This is my first stick foundation, so I wasn't entirely what to expect or how to apply it. I've taken to applying a swipe or two (or three for larger areas) and blending it out with ELF's Essential Foundation Brush. This application method works very well for me, but of course you can blend it in with your fingers or any other tool you prefer. Maybelline says the Fit Me Shine Free Foundation will provide "natural matte coverage" with a "powder core that instantly dissolves excess oil". I respectfully disagree. This foundation feels greasy upon application and it never dries down. This foundation just sits on the skin and it looks so apparent that I'm wearing makeup. Because Maybelline's Shine Free Foundation never really melds with the skin its very prone to transferring. The finish of this foundation is kinda gross, it looks like an oily powder. Coverage is very light, Shine Free masks only the smallest imperfections, if you have a lot to hide this is not the foundation for you. Maybelline's Fit Me Shine Free Foundation Stick is certainly not shine free, nor is it long wearing - oil breaks through it almost instantly and most of this foundation is gone after six hours of wear. Me and my normal to combo skin are not used to such poor foundation performance. I should also mention that a stick of Fit Me Shine Free will not last that long, after two weeks of daily wear I've already used about a third of the tube.
I love the Fit Me range because of it's color selection. Though the Fit Me Shine Free Foundation isn't available in quite as many shades as the Fit Me liquid, there are still options for those on both ends of the skin tone specturm, and everyone in between. Porcelain (110) is a great match for me, it blends right into my skin. Currently, this foundation is slightly too light for me. Porcelain has a neutral undertone. The white "anti-shine" core doesn't seem to corrupt the shade at all, but that may not be true for the deeper shades.
Maybelline's Fit Me Shine Free Foundation Stick was a massive let down for me. I love the Fit Me liquid so much, so I had high hopes. Maybelline's Shine Free is meant to be matte, yet it looks and feels greasy. The wear is very poor. I can't imagine who this foundation would suit, it cannot deal with even a little bit of oil, yet the powdery finish will definitely cling to dry skin. Maybelline's stick foundation isn't all bad though, its easy to blend, packaging is convenient, and the color selection is good. I enjoyed trying this foundation for the novelty factor, but I don't think I'll reach for it very often. If you want to try a novel foundation, opt for L'Oreal's Magic Nude Liquid Powder instead. I do not recommend Maybelline's Fit Me Shine Free Foundation nor will I repurchase it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by makeuplover917

This foundation bummed me out. I'm an avid user of L'oreal Quickstick (I've been buying it online from various sources since it was discontinued). I thought the Fit Me Stick might be a suitable replacement. It wasn't. It's very sticky, difficult to blend and leaves an oily residue. It was VERY obvious I was wearing makeup, which is not the look I'm going for. The search continues...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Esmeraldaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this so much! Very light to medium coverage and lasts. It can get oily after a long time but blotting papers help! Definitely would repurchase and probably will.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Makeupbymoani

I like this product for my lazy days when I don't need to impress anyone. I am oily so I just carry around blotting powder. No big deal. Very very light coverage like less then a bb cream but I use it when I don't have break outs. Find for young people who don't have much skin problems

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by triotrio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is basically a massive concealer. It has that dry velvety stick concealer feel. But it applies very easily, and blends out well. However the coverage is medium at best - ironically, you'll still need concealer!

It's also not matte - I had a distinct glow after an hour. But in fairness it stayed at that level and didn't become oily looking or slip off my face completely.

The main issue is that it wasn't too flattering to my pores, or chin. Accentuated the skin texture. I feel this wouldn't be great on dry patches. I also wonder if the product would be used up quite fast.

It'll be handy for touchups....but I don't think it's a must-buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by JaneDoh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm in my mid-40s and it's become too easy for my skin to look overly made-up and the foundation to become caked. The double whammy is, I have moderate rosacea/skin flushing and it's hard to find a foundation that gives adequate coverage. Surprisingly, the Maybelline Fit Me stick gives me decent coverage - more than I was expecting. I've been trying it for a week now and am pretty happy with the results. (NO, it does not flawlessly last all day, but I've yet to find a foundation that does that.)

I really like the packaging. In fact, that's what drew my attention in the store. No bottle caps and messy liquids to deal with - just open it as I would a tube of lipstick and glide it on. It's not mess-free, though - I still need to blend it into my skin with a finger or a sponge. It goes on easily and as I'd mentioned, covers my redness much more effectively than I was expecting. Somehow, I'm not worried about Fit Me when I'm wearing it, the way I sometimes have with other products (is there a tell-tale foundation line on my cheek or jaw?). I like that it feels light; to some, this might be too light.

I'm taking off one star because this "no shine" promise of the product is malarkey. My skin looks a little dewy after applying it, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but still more shiny than I'd like. I still have to apply some powder to the T-zone...but I've never found a foundation where I didn't have to do that.

Overall, I'm pleased and will buy this again.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

This is a terrible product! No coverage what so ever. My face was shiny at the end of the day even with a mattifying powder. I am so disappointed. Not worth the money at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Leahcd

I had a stick foundation similiar to that one that is now discontinued, loreal used to make it, maybe some of you remember it. It was my favourite foundation after cover fx. After they discontinued it, i couldnt find any other dupe. I switched to cover fx compact powder, which i still use today, its been 7 years. I absolutely love it. When maybelline recently came out with this foundation, i decided to give it a try, hoping it was as good as the loreal one. It wasnt, unfortunetely, but i was still happy with the results, you apply 2 streaks on each cheek and a bit on your chin and forehead and lightly blend. I gave this 4 lippies because on the ad it says that its shine-free but after an hour my face got oily, even thought i dont have oily skin, and the foundation didnt last very long. When i wear this i gotta powder my face a couple of times in the day so my face doesnt look oily. I used it twice and never re-used it unfortunetely because its not long-wearing and not shine-free. It does have a nice coverage, it buildable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

I find this to be medium coverage. Definitely not full coverage. It is great for days when I want a lighter foundation or just want to look a bit more laid-back. I wouldn't use this for a day I wanted to look flawless or absolutely stunning. I need a heavier foundation for that look.

This serves its purpose for me though. The color blends well into my skin and evens out my complexion. It doesn't feel heavy or greasy to me like some stick foundations I have seen in the past. It has a nice creamy texture, but feels light. Application is SO easy. I just swipe product onto my face directly and then blend with my hands. You can build this up a bit so I will go back and add more if I need it.

I used this on my sister when I did her makeup and it was really nice. She doesn't wear makeup and wasn't going to let me put foundation on her, but when I told her I could use the stick foundation and not set it with powder she was all over it. I think she liked it. It didn't totally take away her facial features, but it did even out her skin nicely.

Overall I would recommend this for someone who wants a light to medium coverage. It definitely leans closer to medium though. It is very easy to use. Pretty idiot proof and is small enough to through into a makeup bag or purse for travel. My only complaint is that the lid doesn't seem that secure or at least mine isn't anymore. I through the tube into my purse for touch ups and the lid fell off. I haven't had that problem in the past so maybe I just didn't click it down far enough. It wasn't a big deal though because the product wasn't ruined.

This is definitely something to check out and experiment with. I like it and will buy it again when I run out.