October 31, 2014 | 1375 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

Really love this product! I bought two shades, 120 and 220. My walgreens only had one of each color. 220 matched me better than 120 which was very light. I was taken by surprise of this foundation. My first stick fdnt and love it already! The consistency is creamy, and gives light-medium coverage but build able. I swiped it on my face and used RT EFB to blend. I felt my face it felt like my own skin, not sticky or anything. Just amazing! Haven't used setting powder yet and I'm not oily. Will update shortly.

Update: Still loving this fdnt! I've worn it daily instead of my HF HE fdnt. This has SO much better oil control than my KVD lock it. My nose gets really oily in the summer, and this stick controls it wonderfully.
Update: This began feeling a little weird on my skin. Like oily, but my skin isn't very oily.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2013 2:44:00 AM More reviews by fashe

This foundation is horrid from my personal experience. It says it is mattifying - but at significant costs. It accentuated my pores with an unnatural finish, and the worst part is that it actually makes my skin SO oily after. I have really oil T zone and I thought this foundation would be a life saver. I used to have to at least blot 1 to 2 times a day, but with this foundation I literally had to blot every hour! It mattifies for the first 10 minutes, but then my face would go crazy and produce large amount of oil, perhaps to offset the dryness. Definitely a no go for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is great!! For 8 bucks, you get medium-to-full coverage in a stick, and it really does control shine very well! That said, its not for dry skin. I am also impressed with the color selection of this line. I am NW20 in MAC, and I take shade 120 here. I also have used their liquid foundation and pressed powder, also in shade 120 and really like those as well. Its high quality foundation, but very cheap. Sometimes my makeup wears off during the day because I touch my face a lot, and the stick is very convenient. Also, I am very acne prone, and this does not break me out or clog me. Will def. buy again, as I have repurchased the liquid fdn in this shade several times.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by jezzi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this to have as a more inexpensive alternative to my beloved Shiseido Stick Foundation, shade I20. Glamstep's review is spot on, Fit in shade 120 is too pink and 130 is too dark for us pale yellow/olive ladies. Love the feel of it though I have not tested the longevity yet. Maybelline, you're missing a crucial shade!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Ruch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Every time i wear this foundation my skin breaks out. It has an odd smell to it. But the coverage is light to medium. Overall though i like the way it feels as if im wearing nothing

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by l3th4rgic

This is another sample I got from my Cosmo magazine and I fell in love! I sampled Natural Beige in 220 and it fit me perfectly. Thanks to the shine-free core, my cheeks didn't get oily at all. I'm definitely buying this soon. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by TheHarryPotterNinja

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had my heart set on going and buying the maybelline dream smooth foundation but to my disappointment and angst target was only carrying dream matte. I wanted to purchase it but because of my slightly olive and very yellow/red/brown (chinese) skin tone I had a feeling it wouldn't match correctly. I am a C40 in Mac and I thought that 220 would be a good match for my winter (pale) skin. Unfortunately the color was EVER SO SLIGHTLY pink but it is the best drugstore match I have found to date!!! I hope when I get tanner I can have the same luck finding a shade.

I apply this in a line across my forehead, two down my cheeks, and one on my chin and blend with a kabuki. For a little bit more coverage on my cheeks I just dab a bit on from the stick.

This covers well, using a light-light, medium and full then medium-light medium and full, and full-light, medium, and full coverage scale (hope this makes sense) I would definitely call this light-light to medium-light coverage. I am a runner so I have chronic red face (that's not actually a thing) and many many many freckles and hyperpigmentation. This covers the redness well but not so much the freckles which is fine for everyday. I as well have the occasional pimple maybe 1 or so per week (combination skin) and the skin is even more red and inflamed there. Unfortunately this does not cover those especially well, but very very well for a medium-light foundation.

I spent a lot of my early high school years with full coverage foundations (lookin like a straight fool) because I struggle with OCD. However, I really love this because it looks like I am wearing no makeup but I have little flaws.

One lippie off because I would have prefered a little bit more coverage AND BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF PRODUCT. There is so little (almost less than in a lip balm!) it's pretty uneconomical if your plan is to build this up to a full coverage which will be hard, time consuming, and expensive!

Conclusion: This is a very great light/medium coverage foundation whose best quality is its natural look while haveing substance (coverage).

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBaby19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

HG product!

Three words; I LOVE THIS! I got this at Walmart for $6.94 so I figured that was the cheapest I could get it. I got mine in 220 Natural Beige. I think that shade would work for about everyone! It is really blendable so I don't even have to go in front of a mirror when I put it on!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by SkinNMakeupbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I feel like this product makes you look more shiny/oily unless topped off with some sort of powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by KateGuil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so impressed! I swipe it on my face directly and blend with a sigma flat top kabuki. works wonderfully! :-)