Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

3.3

OUTER CORE Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Diisostearyl Malate, Ozokerite, Polyvinyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer [+/- May Contain Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica] F.I.L. D158948/1. INNER CORE Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer [+/- May Contain Mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides] F.I.L. D158947/1

on 10/14/2013 1:31:00 PM

I recently bought this and i think it has great coverage! It goes on smoothly and its very easy to blend. The price isnt too bad either. I would probably buy it again, i recommend this product for those who want good coverage. I just wish it had more product.. I find it dont last that long. And if you wear a lot of it, it looks cakey.

on 10/14/2013 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I have oily, acne prone skin. It doesn't matter what I put on my face because come midday my skin will be oily looking. So I decided to try out the shine free foundation stick. I figured, why not? It's a stick and it claims to be shine free. Also, it has this anti-shine core that is supposed to instantly dissolve oil.

First, I'm gonna start with what I liked about it.

1) I bought two shades, 330 Toffee and 340 Cappucinno. I ended up returning Toffee because it had some beige undertones that looked very unflattering on my face. However, the Cappuccinno shade was a perfect match.
2) Applying this was cake. I mean, it just glided on so effortlessly. I usually associated stick foundations with a heavier consistency but this was very lightweight and easy to blend. I could just use my fingers to blend it in, no problem.

Now, this is what I didn't like about it.

1) As I mentioned earlier, I associate stick foundations with heavier consistency and coverage. Unfortunately, this only gave light coverage. I tried adding more layers to cover up my acne scars but it didn't work.
2) Shine free, my butt! This still made my skin look shiny. Even after I set it with powder. That so-called "anti-shine core" didn't do anything to dissolve my oil. In fact, I don't think it did anything. Instead, I think it's there for added decoration. Those folks at Maybelline need to quit lying and misleading people.
3) This made me break out! So not cool at all!

In closing, I would not recommend this to anyone with oily skin. Unless you wanna go around looking like you wearing chicken grease on your face. Also, if you have flaws that need a lot of coverage (in my case, acne scars) you might do better trying out a different foundation because this is not the one.

on 10/12/2013 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It's OKAY. The coverage is medium. The packaging I love. Its so easy to apply. If you want this to work through out a day YOU MUST USE A PRIMER. This will disappear through out the course of your day. Today I used it with my Smashbox Photo Finish Primer and it shockingly held up pretty well. Other days it just falls right off. Doesn't make me too oily. It definetly makes your skin look a little dry. I use 2 layers and feel like I get the most out of it. It will feel very thick but it somewhat goes away after you set it. Its a foundation for those of us who dont need alot to cover up or you just need it to run some errands. I may re purchase bc its not the worse.. Its simply OKAY. More on the good side then bad tho.

on 10/11/2013 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This Foundation! It's soo perfect with my skin. The application is so convenient, it's so easy to just sweep on! literallly! It doesnt cake and even though i have oily skin, it's moisturizing but still controls oil, if that makes any sense. Classic Ivory is the perfect color for me and it gives a nice finish. I would say that I would use a powder over it, because it can look a little dewy. Cheers! <3

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I bought this product after hearing how great it applies via the stick. I am the shade 355 which is Coconut - I bought both the stick and the foundation, but I will only review the stick.

PROS:
1. The applicator helps to control how much product goes on your face much easier then a liquid foundation.

2. The actual product feels velvety smooth and not clay like at all! It glides right on.

3. You can apply this product with your fingers.

4. It doesn't take much "buffing" to get this product to match your skin.

5. It did not make me shiny.

6. It lasted for the entire work day.

CONS:
1. I don't think the stick alone provides enough coverage for hyper-pigmentation stops but with the powder it was 100% perfect coverage.

2. This feels unfair...but the shades available are pretty limited. I do feel as if the powder on top helps to bring the shade back to my colour. It may have just been the store I was in.

Overall this is a great product; when they asked if I would repurchase it I said no; not because I don't like it but I just don't feel as if it is a 100% match and I have others that match with less effort. I would recommend this to someone however of a lighter skintone.

on 10/10/2013 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

What's good with all my MUA cronies!...Been a short while since I've written a review; so, here goes:

I have to say that I am really impressed with this foundation. Mainly, because it feels SO NATURAL on my skin. I was a bit skeptical initially because somehow I equate "stick" form with heaviness and greasy consistency; however, this FIT ME foundation is not like that at all. It glides on with the greatest of ease and feels like velvet when blending. I use my fingers to blend because it is just easiest for me...but if you prefer using a brush, I'd recommend a flat top kabuki. It leaves a semi-matte finish and needs little to no powder to set; which is a plus for me because I really don't like TOO much product on my face. If you prefer light to moderate coverage that's slightly buildable, this is a great product that you will likely adore. I do have very oily skin during Spring and Summer months, and this foundation did hold up better than some others I have used (i.e. True Match-liquid and CG 3in1). While to like the aforementioned products and they are definitely amongst my top 5 fave foundations, they do not fare as well as the Maybelline FIT ME stick foundation. It's performing remarkably now that its cooler outside...I LOVE IT. I have it on now and have been wearing it for at least 5 hours and have not had to retouch at all and I haven't seen any traces of oiliness peek through since application. I am in shade 355 Coconut and fortunately this shade is a great match for my skintone (reference: NC50); however I widh there were more shades to choose from. The shade choice is very limited compared to True Match and CG, but the quality definitely compensates for the lack of shade range...especially for a mere $8! Also, you don't get a lot of product (.3oz) so, if you use it daily, you will have to buy it frequently but it's not expensive so I guess that's no as bad as having to buy something like MAC fluid fix, MUFE HD liquid, or KAT Von D fairly regularly.
Bottom line: Yes, I would definitely recommend to a friend...especially for beginners because of how easy it is to apply. Great coverage and excellent blendability. Commendable shine control.

~A.Starr

on 10/9/2013 2:42:00 AM

I was really excited when I saw the ads of this because I've been wanting a stick foundation especially to carry on the go to touch up my makeup, when I started using it I kind of felt like it just sat on my face but it was pretty blend able, the coverage is light to medium. My skin doesn't really have pimples or dark spots so I thought it was good for me. As for the "shine free" it didn't really do anything I felt like the core just made it even out my skin tone

on 10/9/2013 12:05:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This didnt work well on my skin, even with a primer. It just kinda sat on my skin, and got a little cakey throughout the day. Also its not matte at all, its actually greasy feeling when you put it on. And coverage is light. Would work well for normal skin with no major flaws. Price is pretty cheap though so not a big loss.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I did not like this Foundation. it was not matte, felt greasy, and im pretty fair, this actually was too light. but if you're new to makeup and don't need a lot of coverage it may work for you.

on 10/6/2013 5:40:00 PM

This is the best I have found so far on a long search for a good foundation for my combination skin, I have tried high end brands and cheaper brands but there was always somehting wrong with them.
What I want from a foundation is something that feels light on, and neither mat nor dewy, provides medium coverage but a non foundation look, easy to apply and lasts through out the day. This seems to do the trick. It has a satin feel, and although it is not completly touch off proof, it has stayed on better than any of the other brands I tried, despite a full days work and a gym workout.
I went out partying every night on an ibiza holiday and had hardly any sleep and decided to wear this on the flight home. I was told by some one that I looked preety fresh! so the foundation must have been working some kind of magic!
I love the fact you can take it in your hand bag and reaply when needed. I had a slight problem with the colour range as I am fair but the palest colours are really pale, and the darkest pale shade 130 Buff beige is not an exact match however it does blend in and adapt to my skin so not too much of a problem.
Try it - Its a good day time foundation although I am still looking for a really special foundation for nights out.

Popular Stick Foundations