Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

3.4

OUTER CORE Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Diisostearyl Malate, Ozokerite, Polyvinyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer [+/- May Contain Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica] F.I.L. D158948/1. INNER CORE Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer [+/- May Contain Mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides] F.I.L. D158947/1

on 10/6/2013 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE IT! Best coverage, easy to apply, and lasts all day. My only complaint is that it make the edges of my face kinda dry and flaky, but moisturizer fixes that.

on 10/5/2013 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I loved the concept of this! Unfortunately I got a shade slightly too pale (although I still use it) and it doesn't do my dry skin any favors. I just swipe it on and blend in with my fingers, and unless I've used a moisturizer within 5 minutes of putting it on it will cling to dry patches.

Pros:
-Easy to use (therefore hard to mess up application)
-Blendable
-Packaging is great
-Good price

Cons:
-Clings to dry patches unless put on immediately after a moisturizer (probably better for oily skin)
-Shade differences between some of them look like huge differences
-Doesn't last long on me, even with a setting spray

on 10/5/2013 4:34:00 PM

This has to be the absolute worst foundation ever made. It made me feel like I had a mask of grease on my face and looked like it too! I don't even remember what I paid for it, but $1.00 would have been too much...ugh! In the old trashcan it went.

on 10/5/2013 4:14:00 PM

This is by far the greasiest oiliest stick foundation I have ever had the displeasure of putting on my face... nothing about this product controls oil. sigh

on 10/3/2013 8:32:00 PM

This has really good coverage! But it is way too dry for my combination skin. From far away my face looks flawless with this on but close up I literally look 20 years older than I am! Way too dry, I understand it's for oily skin and yes it would probably work best for those with oily skin. It's very easy to use and blend. Covered my super dark circles very well. I wish Maybelline would come out with this product in a different formulation for DRY SKIN because I would buy it in a heartbeat. I can't say anything about how long it lasts on the skin/how well it wears because I only tried a sample I received in the mail.

I had to use this product twice to really use it correctly. The first time I used an applicator sponge to blend it like I do with my liquid foundation but it took most of it off. The second time I used my fingers to blend-this is the way to do it. I have acne prone, very sensitive skin and this foundation felt good on my skin. It didn't feel heavy and covered nicely. I do use a primer and bb cream before foundation. My skin looked clean and fresh. After about 6 hours it still felt nice but I'm not sure how much longer it would work. I can see this foundation being better in cooler months And not when it's hot with a lot of sweating going on. Overall good buy but probably won't be my go to foundation.

on 10/2/2013 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I adore the stick packaging, so convenient to use, just swipe and blend! Downside is this didn't stay on me very long even with a primer underneath and didn't help much with shine/oil and I was shiny within an hour or 2. Coverage wasn't too bad (medium) but it doesn't last long and disappears once I get oily. I gave it a 3 because I love the packaging so much I am going to experiment and see if I can make it work somehow. I would recommend this if your skin is not too oily, normal to slightly oily would work best with this imo. Would not repurchase.

on 10/1/2013 1:27:00 AM

High points for price and packaging. Stick foundation is super easy to carry around for travel, touchups, etc. and super easy to apply. Though it would be nice if the cap snapped on more securely. Swipe on, blend. I lamented the lack of a stick foundation in drugstores then this came out! Grabbed it as soon as I could.

I have 120, which is slightly pink on me. My summer tan has faded a bit so now it is too pink and too dark. I may go back and grab 110 but the difference between these two shades look huge, I'm afraid it may be too light.

It goes on oily and it needs powder on top to set it. Very natural, but make sure you have moisturized skin else it accentuates flakes.

on 9/29/2013 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Because I'm a makeup junkie, I broke down and purchase the foundation stick. I guess because my expectation were low, is why I'm giving it a good/fair review.

I totally hated the liquid foundation in the FitMe line, but the stick was ok. Not a fair amount of shades for women of color but the 355 (dark shade) was a good match for me. The finish was sheer, yet matte. I did use primer and allowed it to totally dry. I did use my fingers as the FitMe stick recommended.

This is a inexpensive suitable for work or simple daily use. I wouldn't suggest it if you want that super polished, faultless look. I did set my foundation with another brand of powder (wasn't sure I wanted to invest in theirs just yet)

I ran a few errands and came home and I still looked fresh and natural. I liked it because it's not thick nor heavy. It does dry fast, so you have to apply and blend quickly.

on 9/29/2013 4:49:00 PM

I was drawn to the slim and durable packaging.
The foundation itself, however, was disappointing. It applies easily, yes...But, it is not mattifying nor is it hydrating. My combo skin was left looking really dry in some places and shiny in others.
If I wear it over a liquid foundation, it does leave a nice finish.