November 22, 2014 | 1866 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum' Express

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by rachwalt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great mascara! Easy application, one coat is more than enough. Clumping is rare for this mascara, although it's definitely possible. Honestly, the only con is that the wand has a flat tip. If you apply with your right hand, it might be difficult to apply without getting mascara on your face! The packaging is cute, and results are noticeable.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

I seriously wanted to like this product. The only good thing about this was it kept my eyelashes curled! But holy it was so difficult to remove even with my waterproof eyemakeup remover from several different brands. I also noticed that I was losing a lot of eyelashes when I wore this mascara :( it made my eyelashes so stiff, they were either falling out or breaking off. I also found the mascara tube too chubby. I wish their packinging was sleeker.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by beatlesbabe23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i honestly can't complain about this mascara. it gives me everything I want, volume, blackness, and length. it's not clumpy, so I would repurchase for sure :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by christinequeen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my absolute favorite mascara. The packaging is adorable and I'm in love with the wand. The price is affordable and the mascara works great. It has a great formula and it separates my lashes. My lashes look long and great. The only thing I heard is it is difficult to remove. I use Maybelline Flash Express Makeup Remover so I don't ever have problems with my mascara or any other makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by AlexisTeeHee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using my Lancôme $50 mascara for ages now combined with 2 other drugstore mascaras to get my result. It would take ages about 10 minutes. My Lancôme mascara finally died out after 2 years of using it. I was not going to pay another $50! I've been eyeing this mascara for ages now after all the amazing reviews! I finally picked it up and I must say I LOVE IT! I get the same result in one coat it literally takes 40 seconds and it holds curl all day long for me and it doesn't smudge! I love the brush but I don't really like it for the lower lash line because it makes them look ridiculously long. This is my HG mascara and I use it daily it lasts forever! Plus it's super cheap I will definetly buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by iepurasmic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara gives me long, fluttery lashes that are separated and clump free.The formula is on the wetter side but it still dries relatively quickly. It is pigmented, leaving my lashes nice and dark. The mascara wand is made of rubber and has many spiky bristles (in my experience, this type of wand yields the best results). If you apply more than two coats, you will end up with spider lashes. Luckily for me, two coats are enough to achieve the desired look that I want.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by sallyb123456

slightly above average. wand brill. bit flakey after worn for long time and stings my sensitive eyes on application. good but not excellent separating lengthning curling and volumizing.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by belinduh319

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this mascara for a little less than a year and I enjoy it. Its really black, has a nice formula, good wand. My only problem with it however it taking it off. It's pretty stubborn but usually most mascaras are.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I don't think I've given another product in any category top marks in all categories until now. For a drugstore mascara, I feel like this one takes the cake. I've tried probably hundreds of different drugstore mascaras over my 20 years of wearing mascara, and honestly, most disappoint. I love over-the-top lashes, so I switched to getting extensions and wearing falsies, which after 5 years of consistent use, left me nearly lash-less. Then I started using the L'oreal Volume/Collagen formula for a while and it seemed to perform well - then my lashes started to fall out, which may have just been a coincidence. It freaked me out & I started using Physicians Formula natural mascara and Bare Minerals The Volumizer, hoping some of the more "natural" ingredients might help my poor destroyed lashes. Both did help, but I ran out of my BM mascara and the only way for me to get more is to order online (and wait). Walgreens had a sale on Maybelline mascara and I remembered reading on MA that many reviewers had good results with several of their different formulas. I'd had very poor luck with several Maybelline formulas myself over the years (aka Great Lash), but I decided to give this formula in the very black color a try. I was so incredibly impressed. I'm not the hugest fan of the new plastic spikey brushes, but this one really works. It pulls each little lash out of hiding & is not so bulky and obnoxious that it can't reach in the corners. My lashes are dark and full, corner to corner. The formula is a more wet one, but I prefer that in a mascara. I find that is builds volume really well. The black color, thankfully, is really, really black. And the price is crazy cheap (and no waiting for delivery). Unless something goes really wrong (like lash fall-out or a removal disaster), this is my new HG mascara. I noticed there are a lot of negative reviews on here of this product. My thought is, that perhaps this formula and brush works for people in my situation, those with thin, damaged, missing lashes. I've had no problems with flaking, clumping, and streaks/spots.
**UPDATE:** Be ready to spend some time when removing this. And no, I'm not refering to the waterproof version. I use plain old soap and water and a washcloth to wipe down my makeup, and then Sonia Kashuk's eye make-up remover on a cotton pad. I had bits and pieces of mascara absolutely everywhere on my face, and I don't think I've ever had this problem with a mascara before (and I'm a mascara junkie). What a mess. It also stuck in my lashes and did not want to come off. I still stand by my statement that this formula provides great volume, but there is definitely a price to pay at clean-up time.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by logloglog

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Came in HUGE clumps, idk if it was just the bottle I got, but honestly, I regret buying this product. I think it make have been that the bristles were to short.