September 30, 2014 | 968 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by lmuos

I don't know what I can say that hasn't already been said - I love this palette! I feel rather embarrassed when saying this but these eye shadows are the first eye shadows that I have ever owned or used, and now I use them virtually every day.
I'm not the biggest fan of shimmery eye shadows (in terms of a daytime look) and wanted some more neutral colours to contour with and to create a nice and subtle daytime eye.
With this palette I have got that and more - you can create dramatic eyes, eyes perfect for night time, you can contour, you can create subtle eyes for the daytime - there are so many possibilities with this palette.

The eye shadows are extremely pigmented and smooth, and are all very usable colours. I haven't yet used 'Foxy' though and probably won't very often, as yellow tones like that make my skin look sickly.

You get six full sized eye shadows so for ~ $30 AUD, this palette is very good value for money.

It comes with a full sized mirror and the case is made of incredibly solid and sturdy, almost rubberised plastic (think NARS rubberised). Both these features make it perfect for carrying around with you for touch ups throughout the day.
My only critisism with this packaging is the catch to open it - the catch is easy to close and very hard to open (which makes it perfect for carrying around as it won't accidentally open in your bag). But for someone with weak nails like me, who can't use them to open it, this task becomes near impossible with simply your hands. Not only is it painful to open like this, but from the sheer force I need to use to open it, when the latch gives way and the pallet opens, my fingers slip in and hit the shadows with my nail even digging a hole in 'Naked 2' one time. This has made it hard to keep them as clean as I would have wanted, and is a waste of product. I've resorted to using any implement that I can find which is small enough, to open it -a method that does leave minor scratches in the rubberised finish around the catch, but there's nothing else much that I can do.

Granted, this issue is due to the fact that I have weak nails, and they will simply break if I try to use them to open a catch that is this stiff. Others with stronger nails will not have this issue.

Overall, this is a great palette by Urban Decay and I would not hesitate buying it again, as the palette is well worth the struggle it takes for me to open it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I do like that the eye shadows are pigmented and very blendable. And I love the fact that they are matte. It's really easy to go from a natural office look to an evening smokey eye one with it. And they stay on really well. Now to the part that I don't like about them. First of all, the fall-out. They are really powdery and I don't think they are properly pressed. Shame for all the wasted product because I have to tap off my brush a lot when I am using this palette, otherwise I am ending up with the product all over the place. Especially disappointing is the darkest black-brown shadow because it's a bit more difficult to get rid of the fall-out once it's happened. Packaging is fine, especially the big mirror (great if you are traveling), but it's really hard to open. And why did they put so many light eye shadows in it? Anybody's guess. So my verdict - it is quite a good palette if you are looking for neutral matte eye shadows but for the rest... I don't love it but I am also not disappointed that I bought it.
P.S. To be honest this is the only palette that I have been using nearly daily ever since I bought it. And I love it to bits! I will re-purchase if I run out. It's just this one easy daily palette I have been reaching out for lately.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Strawberryyy

No doubt, worth your money and long lasting! I bought this initially for my sister because she is just starting makeup and I decided to start her off with neutrals and not colors like I started out *big mistake* and After she did swatches on herself, I bought one for myself and I love it, especially because its small enough to carry in my handbag and I have my own portable makeup brushes so that makes this convenient for me to do my makeup and I adore the colors and the darkest color, Crave, adds the right amount of dramatics to my smokey eyes mixing Naked 2 and Faint in the lid & crease and Foxy as a highlight finally adding Crave to the outer V of my eyes.

Buying another one! Since I AM RUNNING OUT lol!

Good for any skin tone, but most recommended to those with fair to a medium tan skin tone!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by AmazingBella

I have all 3 naked palettes and I've used this one the most. I love it, i love it, i love it! I don't know if it's just mine but at first it had a weird smell to it but over time it went away. I use it ALMOST everyday. I usually don't use anything that's in a palette too often because i find it hard to bring around with me if i wanted to touch up while i'm out or at school. This one on the other hand is the perfect size to throw into my makeup bag. I do agree with the reviewer that said that walk of shame and foxy don't show up on my skin. I didn't like that at first but i found that walk of shame just gave me a nice clean look on my lid with naked 2 in the crease and i use foxy to blend out any harsh lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by dearlynars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Such a nifty little palette. I have hardly reached for my faithful naked 2 since purchasing this. Great colors, especially for hooded eyes!

Packaging is ideal for traveling which is a plus. My only problem is that it is tricky to open and as a result my fingernail has dug into the naked 2 a few times which is a waste of product.

But seriously it is a great little buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by thebeautyqueen0118

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this palette! It is such a great palette for everyday eyeshadow looks. It is so universal and you can create a light look for day and darken it up later for a smokey night look. It has beautiful colors for highlighting and different shades to highlight different eye areas. I am so glad I picked up this palette. Seriously the best product I have ever chose to buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by AishaPerkim

Absolutely love this palette! Colours have very good pigmentation,and suit all skin tones. I bought this product for £20 and for what you get it is really good for your money. I would recommend this to everyone there are so many looks you can create with this product. All shades are matte except venus which is a great highlighter for the brow bone. It comes in very neat packaging which is perfect for on the go.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by erinkaulback

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Let me just start off by saying, this is my ultimate holy grail palette! I'm definitely a neutrals girl so this palette was just heavenly for me right off the get-go. I loooove all the colors, particularly Naked2 - I think it's possibly my favourite eyeshadow ever. It's an adorable little palette with a neat rubberized texture and a nice big mirror inside. I don't find it at all hard to open, I think other reviewers may be being a tad dramatic just for the sake of having something to criticize. I actually like that it's "hard to open" because that means it's sure not to break open if you're travelling with it. I honestly have zero complaints, I love neutral mattes so this palette is an absolute dream for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 6:33:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great palette for an everyday neutral look. The colors are very pigmented, they hold forever and blend well. The only thing is that the three lighter shades are somewhat similar, I would have liked to have a gold instead of a pinkish-white. Also, the case is hard to open and I chipped my nail polish twice trying to open it.
So although the quality of the shadows are amazing, UD could have hit the jackpot if they added a gold/bronze, and if the case was easier to open.
Aldo it's expensive, 32$ in Canada.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by mandiluk

I fell into the trap. And bought all 3 naked pallettes. Why? cause it was on sale. But anyways. Excited to use it because I heard so many positive things and I love using neutral colors. Over the years I fell in love with urban decays eye shadows because they are vibrant, last long, glitter, shimmer, matte, you name it - they have it.

The packaging is very nice. Matte rubber feel to it and it looks easy to clean. It is a little difficult to open but when you do open it, it has a large mirror. It is very travel friendly, you can read about how slim in it in many reviews here. But the colors just wasn't for me.

Venus (off white shimmer)
Foxy (matte beige/yellow)
Walk of Shame (matte pink/beige)
Naked 2 (light taupe)
Faint (matte brown)
Crave (matte black)

They colors look beautiful. As a pallette is sooo nice. I really wanted to love the buttery smooth shadows (sorry I made it sound like food) but they just didn't work out. I'm Asian nw30; venus, foxy and w.o.s. hardly show on my skin. In addition, I have found it absolutely useless to have 3 light shades. I prefer darker colors on my lid so that it gives my eyes more depth and appear bigger. I love naked 2 and faint. And crave...well I'm sure everyone has a black matte shadow. But being that I will only be using 2/6 colors maybe 3/3, it just isn't efficient enough for me. So sad that its going back to sephora.