October 22, 2014 | 930 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

I got a sample of this from Sephora. This is an excellent TM, almost more like a light foundation. It gives my skin this most amazing god-given glow, and conceals 90% of my acne scars, and blurs my more stubborn spots (I use concealer for that). The shade "Alaska" matched very well, and this stuff blends like a dream. However... I will not be purchasing it, because it is a whopping $42! Maybe when I am making my own money and not asking my mother for money will I buy this! XD But if you dont mind spending a little extra cash, definitely check this out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 5:24:00 AM More reviews by kpl30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I love this tinted moisturiser! After being a fan of NARS sheer matte, i thought i'd try this out since i don't really like to wear foundation - this is a perfect alternative for daytime wear. I used to wear Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer but it was too thick and it'd make me break out. I have super sensitive acne-prone skin and this has not made me break out. I've been using this for a month now! The colour match is just right for me (St. Mortiz) and i love the consistency of this product. It glides on smoothly so you don't need much at all! I have a lot of blemishes though, and although the coverage is buildable, it is very sheer, so i usually use my MAC select moisturecover. I love the finish of this product as well and surprisingly it doesn't make me as oily as sheer matte foundation does! Definitely recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by rachlou

I have combination, pigmented, sensitive, fair skin. It has always been a struggle for me to find any foundations that work for my skin, let alone a tinted moisturizer. This is the best one I have tried so far. The coverage is better than most, and it dries to a semi-matte, natural finish that lasted all day for me. I would definitely but this again, although I wish it was more reasonably priced, which is why I gave it a 4 out of 5 instead of the full 5.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by rajbirgill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only reason I buy this product is for the sheer color which is incomparable to other tinted moisturizers. It leaves a nice dewy finish which is NOT sparkly for us ladies that are not going for the teen screen look. I find this is a great alternative to foundation on a daily basis. As for a moisturizer, I am unsure of any skin benefits...(read ingredient list...not exactly impressive) so I like to use an antioxidant serum underneath. As for SPF, they took the SPF label off of the new package and reading the ingredient list the very minimal amount of SPF it does have is LAST on the ingredient list (basically meaning NO SPF protection) as they are not active ingredients. I recommend using a separate face SPF on top of this product (or mix with product when applying) as you are fooling yourself if you think this will protect you from the sun. But overall I would buy this again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by choklad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So far this is the best tinted moisturizer I've tried. I don't think it's the perfect one, but I like how it's not make me look as oily as the others have and it's very light, especially since I live in the tropics. I do wish it would last longer though, it disappears from my face after a few hours. Application is very smooth, you don't need a lot at all, just a pea-sized drop would do. I've made the mistake squirting out too much and having to wipe the excess from my hand afterwards.

One thing to note is that the colors run darker than usual/other brands. I'm usually a NC15-20 or Medium with MAC, so I got this in St Moritz based on the description (without trying, my bad) and it's like a bronzer on me! Since it's quite expensive, I'll just keep on using it and put some lighter powder on top of it until I finish it. I heard that, for my coloring, even Finland might work.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by beasacura

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

SA an ad for this and the co,or of the AA model was quite chocolate,y, so I thought hmmm after reading a few reviews.

In Sephora MA immediately started with Polynesia to color match me and it just blended right in. Perfect color. I like the consistency and it goes on and blends well. I'm very oily in summer and especially Tzone. So far it still looks good and didn't oxidize to a funny color which can sometimes happen to to SPF on AA skin and look ashy. So far, that isn't a problem. Another heat wave on the horizon this week, so will report back. I can usually only go max 4 hours even with powder before the shinnies appear on my nose and forehead requiring blotting. Will see how this product works and will report back I took star off so far for price. It's expensive.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by SCHAVDA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this TM. It is exactly what I was looking for as you can use it in the summer as a lightweight product. It provides sun protection against UVA and UVB which is great. I also like it as even if you tan a little you can continue to use it and it wont look odd. I am around nc30-35 skin tone and I use the shade st moritz which is prefect for me when I'm pale and when I'm tanned. It also gives a radiance to the skin as advertised. Am really happy with this and If I run out I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Laski

This is a nice product - it does what a tinted moisturizer is supposed to to - itīs not heavy or give too much coverage, but evens out the skin a bit. What I liked is that even though itīs called "radiant", t doesnīt have shimmer. There is no matte finish either, in fact, it is similar to the finish I get with the Tinted Moisturizer by Laura Mercier, BUT the Mercier one gives me a more eventoned skin, and I also had the impression that Nars makes my skin oilier. So, Iīm glad I had a sample (in the color St. Moritz, luckily a perfect match for me), and didnīt pay for the full size, because I prefer the Laura Mercier one. Still, a nice product though. I subtracted a lippie due to the high price, otherwise I would have given it 4 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by lukki7ster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is fantastic. Has a fresh scent, its not shimmery like a bronzer which I like because then I can use my mac mineralized skin finish to set this moisturizer and that itself has a bit of shimmer.

I would almost say that this also has decent coverage, obviously not foundation type coverage but it will minimize flaws for sure.

SO expensive and I am glad I have a friend working in the industry that can offer me employee discount or i may not purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wear Barcelona in NARS Sheer Glow foundation. I'm NC40 in MAC Studio Fix Fluid & NC42 in Mineralize Satinfinish for reference. I purchased St Moritz on a limb. It's only medium 1, but the color works really well. In my opinion, it's comparable to the Barcelona shade. With that being said, the colors run dark in my opinion. According to the description, I would have normally chosen Annapurna.
This isn't extremely moisturizing, so if you have dry skin keep that in mind. My skin is normal to oily right now (& dry in the Winter). I didn't have to set this with powder like I do with my MAC Studio Moisture tint. This doesn't run off your face when you sweat or get your face wet, like the MAC does, which is a plus. Also, SPF 30, which is great. The coverage is good for a tinted moisturizer. However, if you need a foundation that will last you all day long, this isn't it. It started to wear off in some areas towards the end of the day. (the directions on the bottle instruct to reapply every 2 hrs like sunscreen, which i don't do). This is good for hot Summer days when you don't want a heavy foundation. I'll prob wear an actual foundation for work when I want long lasting coverage. Pricy, but worth it in my opinion.

update: 2/14/13-i didn't use this very much in the fall/winter, but i used this a lot this summer. i just started using this again for a more natural look. keeps my face nice and semi matte. i dont have to blot at all with this ( & my t zone usually gets oily). my only complaint is that i didnt use this relgiously and it's already empty! didn't last long & so pricey but i like it so much that i'll prob repurchase.