September 20, 2014 | 1906 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by SCHAVDA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this TM. It is exactly what I was looking for as you can use it in the summer as a lightweight product. It provides sun protection against UVA and UVB which is great. I also like it as even if you tan a little you can continue to use it and it wont look odd. I am around nc30-35 skin tone and I use the shade st moritz which is prefect for me when I'm pale and when I'm tanned. It also gives a radiance to the skin as advertised. Am really happy with this and If I run out I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Laski

This is a nice product - it does what a tinted moisturizer is supposed to to - itīs not heavy or give too much coverage, but evens out the skin a bit. What I liked is that even though itīs called "radiant", t doesnīt have shimmer. There is no matte finish either, in fact, it is similar to the finish I get with the Tinted Moisturizer by Laura Mercier, BUT the Mercier one gives me a more eventoned skin, and I also had the impression that Nars makes my skin oilier. So, Iīm glad I had a sample (in the color St. Moritz, luckily a perfect match for me), and didnīt pay for the full size, because I prefer the Laura Mercier one. Still, a nice product though. I subtracted a lippie due to the high price, otherwise I would have given it 4 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by lukki7ster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is fantastic. Has a fresh scent, its not shimmery like a bronzer which I like because then I can use my mac mineralized skin finish to set this moisturizer and that itself has a bit of shimmer.

I would almost say that this also has decent coverage, obviously not foundation type coverage but it will minimize flaws for sure.

SO expensive and I am glad I have a friend working in the industry that can offer me employee discount or i may not purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wear Barcelona in NARS Sheer Glow foundation. I'm NC40 in MAC Studio Fix Fluid & NC42 in Mineralize Satinfinish for reference. I purchased St Moritz on a limb. It's only medium 1, but the color works really well. In my opinion, it's comparable to the Barcelona shade. With that being said, the colors run dark in my opinion. According to the description, I would have normally chosen Annapurna.
This isn't extremely moisturizing, so if you have dry skin keep that in mind. My skin is normal to oily right now (& dry in the Winter). I didn't have to set this with powder like I do with my MAC Studio Moisture tint. This doesn't run off your face when you sweat or get your face wet, like the MAC does, which is a plus. Also, SPF 30, which is great. The coverage is good for a tinted moisturizer. However, if you need a foundation that will last you all day long, this isn't it. It started to wear off in some areas towards the end of the day. (the directions on the bottle instruct to reapply every 2 hrs like sunscreen, which i don't do). This is good for hot Summer days when you don't want a heavy foundation. I'll prob wear an actual foundation for work when I want long lasting coverage. Pricy, but worth it in my opinion.

update: 2/14/13-i didn't use this very much in the fall/winter, but i used this a lot this summer. i just started using this again for a more natural look. keeps my face nice and semi matte. i dont have to blot at all with this ( & my t zone usually gets oily). my only complaint is that i didnt use this relgiously and it's already empty! didn't last long & so pricey but i like it so much that i'll prob repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to one-step face for the summer. Here in KC we're experiencing an incredibly long, hot heatwave. I apply this, a wash of eyeshadow and tinted lip balm and I'm good to go. This gives me a flawless face without a heavy foundation and it has SPF which is a must. It does give me an oily/dewy finish which I temper with a dab of NARS pressed powder in the AM and Boscia blot papers throughout the day.

Overall, very good stuff.

Good news for women of color, it comes in a variety of shades for us (I wear Cuba)! YAY!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by ilovejpmac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this product. First, THE SCENT is not a promisingly fragrant smell but, it has a kind of herb feel into it which i like. You can wear it alone. It is really a must try.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Crissaay

I really like this tinted moisturizer.. actually first time I used this TM I LOVED IT! When it comes foundation/TM/powder I am really picky. My skin is acne-prone so I have to stay away from certain ingredients. Since falling in love with Nars Sheer Matte, I definitely trust Nars products for my face so once I found out they were coming out with a TM in February this year I was super excited. So, I first started off with a sample, and wanted to test it out while I was at school (I am a full time college student where my schedule is usually 8 hours a day). After the first day I fell in love with it! Of course I continued to test it out and after two weeks of wearing it I knew that this was my favorite TM of all time. With such a high SPF, this TM doesn't look oily when applied. It has this satin finish. I found it lasts, covers, and looks more beautifully when little mineral powder is applied. I used BE mineral powder (which I dont really like, but finally found purpose once i used it for the TM). However, reason why I only give it 4 stars is because of the color selection. I am a NC37-40 and St. Moritz was the only one that matched me, but it was still a bit darker/yellow for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Kara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Yuck....not good for those that like a natural/matte finish. My face just felt wet, and the saying power was mediocre at best.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this - I thought I would love it. Sadly, after testing a sample of the Polynesia shade a few times, I just don't. The texture feels kind of silky going on, but it never feels like it dries or sinks in completely. I kept waiting to forget I had it on, but nope. Although I only used a small drop, I felt the thin plasticky coating on my face until I washed it off. It gives a sheer wash of color; unfortunately the tint looked a bit red on me or like I had a mild sunburn. I do like that the texture looks very natural - not like I'm wearing makeup at all, except the dewy sheen makes me look vaguely oily/sweaty. A light dusting of powder tones it down, but results in a similar light coverage effect as my powder-only face -- so there's no point. Oh well. I might try the lighter shade, Martinique in case it's more of a color match problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by wildcatcutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Move over, Laura Mercier! This tinted moisturizer beats the Laura Mercier TM hands down! They look very yellow. When you apply, the yellow evens out. This is my HG tinted moisturizer bc of the finish. It looks virtually flawless. You can apply with your fingers or a brush, both ways look great. I have oily skin and this didn't make me greasy. It's not matte at all but it gives your skin a healthy glow. I didn't think I'd like it bc most oily girls run when they hear "glow". However, this product is fantastic, it makes my skin look awesome. I love it!