Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.5

on 8/23/2012 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have mixed feelings about this.. By itself, it settled in under my eyes and in my laugh lines. It felt thick on my face, but didn't offer a lot of coverage for how thick it felt. BUT, with primer underneath and setting powder on top, I actually really liked it and it held up amazingly well in this scorching weather we had this summer. I was quite surprised. My skin is so dry, that it over oils itself. This cream seemed unphased by my excess oil, as it showed up on a blotting sheet that I used out of curiousity but my face never looked shiny. I honestly thought I'd have no oil on the sheet. It was well hidden. And for that, I will keep it in my makeup bag, maybe for emergencies or in a pinch. Probably won't buy again, unless I have the cash to throw around.

on 8/21/2012 2:13:00 PM

I LOVE this product. It's really easy to use, it blends well, and it stays put. It photograph really well too, because my skin/make-up look 150% better when I use it. Humidity is brutal in my area and it stayed put through my sweatfest. It's very natural looking and putting this on with some tinted lip balm is my favorite look. I honestly don't see a big difference from my skin in person when I initially put it on though, but as the day goes on I think something about body heat makes it blend better or something. It doesn't provide full coverage, so please don't expect a miracle cream. I have pretty good skin (only one or two cystic acne hormonal breakouts), but the few discoloration spots I have aren't completely masked...just slightly less noticeable. But I like how light-feeling it is compared to other foundations. I wish it came in more colors because I think I'm a bit more yellow that the light-medium shade is, but it works well enough.

on 8/15/2012 8:51:00 AM

This is my first try with a BB cream. I went to sephora after researching a bunch of the brands on this site and others and tried a bunch of them on the back of my hand. Most of them were way too light and I don't consider myself super tan or anything. I liked that smashbox offered their BB creams in multiple shades so when I lose color in the winter I can go lighter. I have actually seen improvement in my skin since first using this product a week or two ago. I recomend this to everyone I meet!

on 8/8/2012 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Meh, nothing special. Pretty average and comparable to other brands. Promises to do so much, however on my skin it acted like a typical TM.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

It does what it says. It blends well with my skin. It gives a good amount of coverage...but it's so darn expensive for what you get. You don't have to use a lot of this stuff. A drop of cream and apply with a stippling brush gives enough coverage for me. I do have to touch up especially noticeable blemishes with concealer. I would buy it again, but I'll keep an eye out for dups.

on 8/6/2012 5:02:00 PM

Great for those days when you just have to nip down to the shop, but don't want to look like the walking dead. I mostly use this atop a primer and below my foundation, your skin will look flawless. The 'light' is perfect me. This BB cream is a staple in my routine, and great for midday touch ups.

on 7/31/2012 4:31:00 AM

Not a fan! I bought this in hope that it would help with my redness and pores that are getting more noticeable as I get older, but no such luck. In fact, it didn't help my redness or pores in anyway and I felt that it made my pores even more noticeable! It ended up looking chalky after several hours (even with foundation over it!); I tried it with and without. The worst part for me is that I was caught in the heat on an occasion and started sweating...you could actually see the BB cream rolling off my face. YUCK! The only thing I did like is the high SPF the product offers. I've tried various BB creams now and have yet to find one that truly helps the redness and pores; disappointing after all the hype.

on 7/29/2012 7:42:00 PM

I've never tried any Smashbox products before, and even though this has no real anti-aging properties, nor will it fade imperfections like an asian bb cream, I was looking for something a lot lighter than foundation but would still offer some coverage and maybe control oil. I paid about forty bucks for this, and it's a really small container (1 fluid oz).

The good news is I pretty much got what I wanted. I got it in the lightest shade. It's a pretty neutral color which is great for skin as fair as mine. I really liked the texture, it's very velvety smooth. A little goes a long way so I can almost forgive the bottle for being so tiny. I'd definitely consider buying this again if there was a larger bottle available and also if it was a bit more moisturizing.

on 7/29/2012 12:21:00 PM

This is the first and only BB cream I have tried. I know this is not a "true" BB cream, but I really loved everything about it.

-An SPF of 35 made it my go to any day I was going to be out in the sun this summer.
-It's shade range is small, but the fair matches really well, and seems to be quite neutral rather than pink or yellow which is really nice.
-It helped to control oil on my nose which seems to be my biggest problem this summer.
-It evens out redness and discolouration really well. I would say this definitely has a light coverage, maybe even buildable to medium.

The only time I ever had an issue with this is when I tried it in winter and it caused my dry skin to peel. Hasn't been an issue in these warmer months. Also, does not wear well with a primer underneath..seems to pill/separate.

on 7/23/2012 9:44:00 PM

This isn't a bad product, i thought i would give it a go, because i wanted to buy BB cream. Not to try, but a BB cream that was made by someone other then Asians. If anyone has tried Dr.Jart or Skin 79, then you will not want to settle for this item. This is basically just a tinted moisturizer, whereas REAL BB creams do more then tint your face.

How it feels on my skin?
I have dry to normal skin, this product will feel a bit dry if you have normal skin. It feels and looks very matte.

For $50 i would rather by a legit BB cream.