Maybelline Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

4.4

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

First to start off with the packaging, I love that it has glass packaging because it actually feels like it has some luxurious quality :D Now for the actual product - The color is GORGEOUS! It's this shiny bronze color and it looks great all over the lid! It also lasts FOREVER!! i swatched it on my hand and after washing my hands and taking a shower for 2 days, it was STILL ON MY HAND. It's really like a tattoo - it'll stay there forever (until you use actual makeup remover) There's also a lot of product so it'll last you a long while!

on 9/29/2012 8:49:00 AM

Love this! I already have the Eternal Gold one which is also lovely, but I think I like this shade even more! It goes on so easily and stays in place all day (using TooFaced Candle Light eye primer underneath), and is actually a very natural looking colour - It looks quite dark in the pot, and perhaps if you layered it on very thick it would look dark on the eyes. A little bit gives a lovely warm sheen on the eyelids. Very pleased!

on 9/27/2012 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Gorgeous colour, blends well, great value and versatile (use as a primer or as a colour in it's own right). A great staple for my makeup bag. Is a close AND CHEAP dupe for Mac Satin Taupe (not too far off!).

on 9/26/2012 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Wow, I'm so happy that I found this! I have very sensitive eyes and was looking for a cream shadow that wouldn't flake off and bother them. This shadow is perfect. It says on ALL day, for at least 12 hours without budging or creasing. I wear a Bobbi Brown's Shore cream shadow underneath it and then put Bad to the Bronze over it on the lid. I just need to use a little bit because the color is intense. I was expecting a bronze color, but this is actually more of a cool taupe. It's funny, though, because I wore it yesterday with a navy eyeliner and for the first time it did look like a warm bronze! Either way, it's beautiful.

on 9/10/2012 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

UPDATE: I find that these dry out really fast and the consistency changes so much that I can't use it anymore. It catches on to some parts of the eyelid and makes the area look very dry. Won't be repurchasing.

I bought this last week in this shade and have used it several times already. Bad to the Bronze is an extremely shimmery, taupe-bronzey shade. I applied this first without a primer and it lasted fairly well with no creasing. The actual browny colour faded away quite a bit and pretty much all that was left was all the shimmer on my lids (which was still very pretty). I now use it with a primer (UD Primer potion) and the actual colour of the cream gel shadow does not fade whatsoever! It definitely lasts up until I take it off and I like to add a similar powder eye shadow on top to add more dimension and prolong the wear of it even more! Highly recommend

on 9/9/2012 10:46:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is quite comparable to Mac Paint pots. They both last just as long and are the same texture. I think the color tattoo is creamier. It's also like 1/3 of the price when you get it at target.

The color is perfect for most skin tones. I like to use this alone on the crease. It lasts the entire day without UDPP. Sometimes I add more neutrals from the UD naked palette.

Best drug store find ever. Everyone needs at least one.

Btw I also have the fall 2012 limited edition in gold shimmer and rich mahogany. They unfortunately don't compare with this.

on 9/7/2012 9:40:00 PM

Love love love this color! I feel bad for my other eyeshadows because I wear this so often. The color is great for me(blue/green eyes, auburn hair, fair skin) and so easy to apply, plus I haven't had any issues with creasing. I use this day to day for a quick look, just applying with my finger, but I also like using it for night looks. I'd definitely recommend this product to anyone, and this color in particular. I bought some for my sister and she also loves it. I have some other colors in this line but I don't wear any of them as often as Bad to the Bronze.

on 8/31/2012 2:50:00 PM

I love this color. I use it on top of my tightline and it provides more dimension to my eyes. This product lasts and does not transfer once it's set. I am impressed with the quality of this product from Maybelline. This product is a testament that we don't necessarily have to fork over a lot of money to get good quality beauty products.

I actually never thought i would like this product, let alone use it but when i saw an ad for this in a magazine, it looked like a cool thing to try. I didn't have many cream eye shadows, i wasn't used to them. But this actually blew me away. I use it for a base or just on its own.

PACKAGING- not the best packaging. the packaging is very small so its hard to get it on your fingertips. and it isn't very sanitary either.

PIGMENTATION- is amazing! a little dab on both fingers go a long way for a beach, sun-kissed glow. it is very build able and because of its "tattoo" texture, its easy to spread.

TEXTURE- because of its "tattoo" texture, it dries really fast and becomes hard and dry but in the jar, its very creamy.

STAYING POWER- It stays on all day and all night for me, it dries fast and doesn't budge and that is a good thing for me since my eyeshadows never stay on without a primer.

PRICE- It was fairly cheap at my local drugstore. I don't remember the exact price though.

Overall, this a very good pigmented and cheap cream eye shadow for everyday use but could be builded up to become a night time eye shadow.

on 8/26/2012 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Gorgeous taupey bronze color with silver shimmer. The finish is a metallic sheen, which I love. I hesitated to purchase this product because I have very cool tones to my skin and was concerned about orange undertones, but the color is enough on the neutral side that I think it would work on a variety of skin tones. I have hazel eyes and this is a great color to bring out the copper/gold flecks, really making my eyes pop! I wore it on a night out with no primer and by the end of the night, about six hours later, it hadn't creased and it still looked vivid even though there was minimal fading. Overall I'm very happy with my purchase and consider this to be a staple in my collection. Oh and I agree with the other commenter who mentioned that on the lid, this looks very similar to Wet N Wild's Nutty. I think this product would also work great as a base to bring out the color in other eyeshadows, or if you have an eyeliner brush, the staying power is so good that I bet it would look neat as a liner color!

Video Reviews & Tutorials