October 25, 2014 | 1709 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by mijuness

This is PERFECT! I had tried the Bold Gold color tattoo and wasn't completely satisfied with the color despite really liking the product itself. This was the second color that I wanted to try and I am so happy with this! This is a bronzey-taupe color that's slightly more on the taupe side. It's shimmery without being TOO shimmery and it's perfect for everyday wear. It looks very natural on the eyelids and adds just a little bit of color and dimension to the eyes. I just use my fingers to apply this all over the lids and it looks effortless and beautiful. I have found that setting it with a powder doesn't really make that much of a difference from just using it by itself because it stays on just as long. As a college student, this is perfect for those lazy or late days where you just want to perk up your face a little bit without spending too much time on makeup. I love the color tattoo eyeshadows and I hope Maybelline will continue putting out more colors (hopefully more naturally ones like Bad to the Bronze)!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Run2FlyGurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite of the Maybelline cream shadows by far! It is almost the exact same color as MAC's Satin Taupe, and I find this to be more taupe than bronze, but who cares when a color is this pretty?? The color is incredibly flattering, and I've had many girls at work complement my makeup when I've had this on. I like to put this on my lid and blend it up into the crease just a bit. I then use a highlight shade (usually MAC's Phloof! or Shroom) on my brow and to soften out the line where the cream shadow stops. I'll also often use a bit of Satin Taupe in the crease to further soften the line (they are basically the same color, but the cream shadow provides more shimmer and light to the eye). As with the other 24 hour shadows, I like to apply this with a synthetic flat brush like MAC 242 or 252. I also like to put a little UDPP underneath just because I have oily skin. It doesn't slide off without UDPP, but it may (not all the time) crease a bit, whereas I've never had it crease with UDPP underneath.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by thoughtsofasadcloud

I used to hate cream shadows because of how messy they were! They would slip and slide and on my eyes, and they were difficult to blend.

But I absolutely LOVE this cream shadow. I have 2 other color tattoos, as well, in Tough as Taupe and Too Cool, but Bad to the Bronze is my favorite. I initially held off on buying this because it looked too warm and coppery for my skintone. I saw xteeener use this in one of her videos, though, and she explained that even though it looks really coppery in the packaging, it is actually more of a cooler color. I'm glad I trusted her! I now use this every single day, just all over my lids. It is not too dark, but it is buildable. It's so smooth and blendable, but sets so it does not BUDGE throughout the day. I love how it gives a tint of color to my lids, and gives my eyes a lot of dimension. I like that it is not dark enough to be noticeable if you make a mistake! it's so subtle and pretty, and it is my favorite cream shadow of all time!

If I had to pick 1 color from the maybelline color tattoo line, I would definitely choose this one.

*for reference, I am east asian, but I have more of a neutral skintone. I'm not too yellow, which is ironic. I am quite fair, as well; about NC20 in mac.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by bumbumbumx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE. I've never used Maybelline products but gosh, this one is amazing! Very pigmented (though I have to say the color appears more taupey-brown on my skintone than bronze, which I think is great) and lasts all day with or without primer. I usually use UDPP underneath this just because, but you really don't need it. I've been using this for about 2 months now every other day and I'm nowhere close to hitting the bottom. I find it looks better applied with an eyeshadow brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by zoecatherine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a cream gel shadow that dries like a eyeshadow in a shimmery but highly pigmented bronze/brown colour. It has a lovely consistency and is easy to apply, you have to blend it in nicely for it to last and work quite quickly as it starts to set pretty fast. I really love the colour which can be used as a base for darker browns, golds and bronzes or to do a smokey eye. Most importantly this product does exactly what it says on the tin and has lasted until i've taken my make up off without a crease in sight! I've tried MAC paints, paintpots, Urban Decay Primer and never had these results. Only gave it a 4 out of 5 because of the lack of colours in the range, maybelline need to make more! Would highly recommend for long lasting results

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by ahuang300

I got this product because I heard great things about it and this was the only color in the line that appealed to me. I had tried the taupe one as well but I hated that color and gave it away. I kept this one only because I love neutrals and I wanted to like this bronzey color. However, the more I use it the more I start to hate this color as well. If you look closely, there are little glitter particles in the cream and I much prefer matte cream shadows or even sheen-y ones like MAC's Indianwood and Rubenesque. I am really not a fan of the little glitter particles. In terms of staying power, it does stay on my lids for a long time but so do all of my other cream shadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by chechi

This base did slightly crease on me - even after I put a powder eye shadow on top. I think this color is a basic neutral - it's a bit dark and dull looking on me on it's own so I tend to just use it as a base. I think if you have oily lids and live in humid climates, I would still recommend a primer before using this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

New HG!!! I hesitated on getting this mostly because I'm way too pale & cool-toned for anything called "bronze" to work on me. But after essiebutton (amazing YTer) included it in one of her monthly faves, I knew I had to try it.
LOVE. To me, this isn't bronze at all. It actually seems like a more pigmented version of Cover Girl Tapestry Taupe, which is cool-neutral toned. I love TT but I always found myself layering it to try to get it to show up better. Bad to the Bronze is much easier & you can wear it sheer or build it up very easily.
Really hope they never DC this

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Tazawoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have four color tattoo shadows, but Bad to the Bronze is my favourite. The colour will suit all skin tones and can be used as a base but I prefer to use on its own. No need to prime, just dab on with your ring finger and blend out to the edges. Finish with eyeliner and mascara and totally made my green eyes pop! So simple and lasts - BELIEVE ME. Yesterday I applied at 6:30am before work, had yoga class at 12:30pm - eyes still looking perfect, netball game at 7pm and afterwards yes you guessed it - eyes still perfect! Totally recommend

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Consistency and staying power are the same as all the other Color Tattoos; however, this color is not for me. It's very close to the color of my eyelids, so it just looks like a shimmery mess.