July 23, 2014 | 1908 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by zoecatherine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a cream gel shadow that dries like a eyeshadow in a shimmery but highly pigmented bronze/brown colour. It has a lovely consistency and is easy to apply, you have to blend it in nicely for it to last and work quite quickly as it starts to set pretty fast. I really love the colour which can be used as a base for darker browns, golds and bronzes or to do a smokey eye. Most importantly this product does exactly what it says on the tin and has lasted until i've taken my make up off without a crease in sight! I've tried MAC paints, paintpots, Urban Decay Primer and never had these results. Only gave it a 4 out of 5 because of the lack of colours in the range, maybelline need to make more! Would highly recommend for long lasting results

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by ahuang300

I got this product because I heard great things about it and this was the only color in the line that appealed to me. I had tried the taupe one as well but I hated that color and gave it away. I kept this one only because I love neutrals and I wanted to like this bronzey color. However, the more I use it the more I start to hate this color as well. If you look closely, there are little glitter particles in the cream and I much prefer matte cream shadows or even sheen-y ones like MAC's Indianwood and Rubenesque. I am really not a fan of the little glitter particles. In terms of staying power, it does stay on my lids for a long time but so do all of my other cream shadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by chechi

This base did slightly crease on me - even after I put a powder eye shadow on top. I think this color is a basic neutral - it's a bit dark and dull looking on me on it's own so I tend to just use it as a base. I think if you have oily lids and live in humid climates, I would still recommend a primer before using this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

New HG!!! I hesitated on getting this mostly because I'm way too pale & cool-toned for anything called "bronze" to work on me. But after essiebutton (amazing YTer) included it in one of her monthly faves, I knew I had to try it.
LOVE. To me, this isn't bronze at all. It actually seems like a more pigmented version of Cover Girl Tapestry Taupe, which is cool-neutral toned. I love TT but I always found myself layering it to try to get it to show up better. Bad to the Bronze is much easier & you can wear it sheer or build it up very easily.
Really hope they never DC this

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Tazawoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have four color tattoo shadows, but Bad to the Bronze is my favourite. The colour will suit all skin tones and can be used as a base but I prefer to use on its own. No need to prime, just dab on with your ring finger and blend out to the edges. Finish with eyeliner and mascara and totally made my green eyes pop! So simple and lasts - BELIEVE ME. Yesterday I applied at 6:30am before work, had yoga class at 12:30pm - eyes still looking perfect, netball game at 7pm and afterwards yes you guessed it - eyes still perfect! Totally recommend

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Consistency and staying power are the same as all the other Color Tattoos; however, this color is not for me. It's very close to the color of my eyelids, so it just looks like a shimmery mess.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by soeagle

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very nice color, but does not stay put. By 3 hours of wear, it's all up in the crease. Did not use a primer. But then with BB cream eyeshadows, I don't need to. They stay put all day.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by sc99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Beware if you are sensitive to products ...

I wanted to like this so much but had a skin reaction instead :( I had heard how much like MAC paint pots the Maybelline Color Tattoo's are and decided to save some $ and try this out instead of repurchasing a MAC PP. Bad to the Bronze is a very pretty color and looks great on my NW20 skin. It was dryer than a PP and was lifting along the edges of the jar. I applied it using my fingers around 730 am by 830 I had severe itching around my eye area and by 1230 I had formed a stye on one eyelid. Am going to try and return ...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by dearlynars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this. Never been a big Maybelline girl but this is a great little treasure. So beautiful for everyday looks or something special. I have hooded eyes and I just apply and blend out with a matte brown like MAC wedge and blend out some dark brown or black to the outer corners of my eyes. So simple but beautiful.
Also looks good with Suspect, from UD Naked2 palette on top. Here in Aus they are about $10 and I think thats great I want to stock up!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by tangerine6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Color Tattoo Eyeshadow applies like a cream but eventually dries down and then becomes almost like any other powder shadow. It. Does. Not. Budge. once applied, thus making blending rather pointless hence, the Tattoo part of its name I suppose. Nevertheless, that only means that this shadow stays for a long time and while I can’t really attest to the “24-hour” claim, I can say that I’ve had this shadow on for 20 hours and it stayed… well… like a tattoo on my eyelids without any creasing whatsoever. And with a primer layered under it, it's just the perfect, no-budge, low maintenance eyeshadow.

It’s amazing. It’s so pigmented and very easy to apply. I just use my ring finger to dab it on my lids and voila! I'm set for the day.