December 20, 2014 | 763 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by AllisonTaylor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually never thought i would like this product, let alone use it but when i saw an ad for this in a magazine, it looked like a cool thing to try. I didn't have many cream eye shadows, i wasn't used to them. But this actually blew me away. I use it for a base or just on its own.

PACKAGING- not the best packaging. the packaging is very small so its hard to get it on your fingertips. and it isn't very sanitary either.

PIGMENTATION- is amazing! a little dab on both fingers go a long way for a beach, sun-kissed glow. it is very build able and because of its "tattoo" texture, its easy to spread.

TEXTURE- because of its "tattoo" texture, it dries really fast and becomes hard and dry but in the jar, its very creamy.

STAYING POWER- It stays on all day and all night for me, it dries fast and doesn't budge and that is a good thing for me since my eyeshadows never stay on without a primer.

PRICE- It was fairly cheap at my local drugstore. I don't remember the exact price though.

Overall, this a very good pigmented and cheap cream eye shadow for everyday use but could be builded up to become a night time eye shadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by lcarrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous taupey bronze color with silver shimmer. The finish is a metallic sheen, which I love. I hesitated to purchase this product because I have very cool tones to my skin and was concerned about orange undertones, but the color is enough on the neutral side that I think it would work on a variety of skin tones. I have hazel eyes and this is a great color to bring out the copper/gold flecks, really making my eyes pop! I wore it on a night out with no primer and by the end of the night, about six hours later, it hadn't creased and it still looked vivid even though there was minimal fading. Overall I'm very happy with my purchase and consider this to be a staple in my collection. Oh and I agree with the other commenter who mentioned that on the lid, this looks very similar to Wet N Wild's Nutty. I think this product would also work great as a base to bring out the color in other eyeshadows, or if you have an eyeliner brush, the staying power is so good that I bet it would look neat as a liner color!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by softballmari27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

holy crap. ok so my lids have to the most oily lids on earth. and everything creses. i decieded to pick this up cuz ive heard so many good things. so i put a thing layer of thisaround 9:30pm the other night. i woke up and it looked exactly the same with no primer! i wore this to softball pratice and it still stayed on! love this stuff! cant wait to wear it tmrw for my first day of school!!!!! love this stuff and never creases! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 6:59:00 AM More reviews by vforvilde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the two Color Tattoo 24 HR products that I picked up when I was in London in May, and it is the one that I like the most. The other Color Tattoo I bought was Eternal Gold (UK)/Bold Gold (US). As I only own two Color Tattoos, I can only compare them to each other, and I don't have any opinion about the other Color Tattoo products.

I love the colour, the wear, the application and that it doesn't crease on me. In addition the price isn't bad at all, very inexpensive in my opinion. There's shimmer/glitter in this product, but it's very finely milled, a bit more milled compared to Eternal Gold (UK)/Bold Gold (US), in my opinion. The only con-side of this product is that it might be a bit unhygienic, since it's in a jar. Otherwise it's all good.

Overall I really like this product and I would repurchase it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by mijuness

This is PERFECT! I had tried the Bold Gold color tattoo and wasn't completely satisfied with the color despite really liking the product itself. This was the second color that I wanted to try and I am so happy with this! This is a bronzey-taupe color that's slightly more on the taupe side. It's shimmery without being TOO shimmery and it's perfect for everyday wear. It looks very natural on the eyelids and adds just a little bit of color and dimension to the eyes. I just use my fingers to apply this all over the lids and it looks effortless and beautiful. I have found that setting it with a powder doesn't really make that much of a difference from just using it by itself because it stays on just as long. As a college student, this is perfect for those lazy or late days where you just want to perk up your face a little bit without spending too much time on makeup. I love the color tattoo eyeshadows and I hope Maybelline will continue putting out more colors (hopefully more naturally ones like Bad to the Bronze)!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Run2FlyGurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite of the Maybelline cream shadows by far! It is almost the exact same color as MAC's Satin Taupe, and I find this to be more taupe than bronze, but who cares when a color is this pretty?? The color is incredibly flattering, and I've had many girls at work complement my makeup when I've had this on. I like to put this on my lid and blend it up into the crease just a bit. I then use a highlight shade (usually MAC's Phloof! or Shroom) on my brow and to soften out the line where the cream shadow stops. I'll also often use a bit of Satin Taupe in the crease to further soften the line (they are basically the same color, but the cream shadow provides more shimmer and light to the eye). As with the other 24 hour shadows, I like to apply this with a synthetic flat brush like MAC 242 or 252. I also like to put a little UDPP underneath just because I have oily skin. It doesn't slide off without UDPP, but it may (not all the time) crease a bit, whereas I've never had it crease with UDPP underneath.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by thoughtsofasadcloud

I used to hate cream shadows because of how messy they were! They would slip and slide and on my eyes, and they were difficult to blend.

But I absolutely LOVE this cream shadow. I have 2 other color tattoos, as well, in Tough as Taupe and Too Cool, but Bad to the Bronze is my favorite. I initially held off on buying this because it looked too warm and coppery for my skintone. I saw xteeener use this in one of her videos, though, and she explained that even though it looks really coppery in the packaging, it is actually more of a cooler color. I'm glad I trusted her! I now use this every single day, just all over my lids. It is not too dark, but it is buildable. It's so smooth and blendable, but sets so it does not BUDGE throughout the day. I love how it gives a tint of color to my lids, and gives my eyes a lot of dimension. I like that it is not dark enough to be noticeable if you make a mistake! it's so subtle and pretty, and it is my favorite cream shadow of all time!

If I had to pick 1 color from the maybelline color tattoo line, I would definitely choose this one.

*for reference, I am east asian, but I have more of a neutral skintone. I'm not too yellow, which is ironic. I am quite fair, as well; about NC20 in mac.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by bumbumbumx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE. I've never used Maybelline products but gosh, this one is amazing! Very pigmented (though I have to say the color appears more taupey-brown on my skintone than bronze, which I think is great) and lasts all day with or without primer. I usually use UDPP underneath this just because, but you really don't need it. I've been using this for about 2 months now every other day and I'm nowhere close to hitting the bottom. I find it looks better applied with an eyeshadow brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by zoecatherine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a cream gel shadow that dries like a eyeshadow in a shimmery but highly pigmented bronze/brown colour. It has a lovely consistency and is easy to apply, you have to blend it in nicely for it to last and work quite quickly as it starts to set pretty fast. I really love the colour which can be used as a base for darker browns, golds and bronzes or to do a smokey eye. Most importantly this product does exactly what it says on the tin and has lasted until i've taken my make up off without a crease in sight! I've tried MAC paints, paintpots, Urban Decay Primer and never had these results. Only gave it a 4 out of 5 because of the lack of colours in the range, maybelline need to make more! Would highly recommend for long lasting results

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by ahuang300

I got this product because I heard great things about it and this was the only color in the line that appealed to me. I had tried the taupe one as well but I hated that color and gave it away. I kept this one only because I love neutrals and I wanted to like this bronzey color. However, the more I use it the more I start to hate this color as well. If you look closely, there are little glitter particles in the cream and I much prefer matte cream shadows or even sheen-y ones like MAC's Indianwood and Rubenesque. I am really not a fan of the little glitter particles. In terms of staying power, it does stay on my lids for a long time but so do all of my other cream shadows.