Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

3.8

on 4/15/2014 3:38:00 PM

I swear I wish this came in another packaging because it's a brilliant drugstore concealer. It comes in 3 colors, I believe so if you're very dark or very fair this will probably not work for you but the product itself is a good one. It sets, without needing powder and lasts me all day. I re-purchased it 3 times.

on 4/15/2014 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted this to work. But ugh..... First, the applicator is terrible. You can't clean it. The product itself covers great.... for an hour. Then in melts and creases. I tried using a very small amount. Which is difficult with the way the product comes out. I was putting it on the back of my hand then onto my face with a brush. I also tried a sponge, the beauty blender, my own hands. I used it under foundation, over foundation, set it with powder. I tried this every way I could think of. All with the same results. I have oily skin so maybe if you have dry skin it will work better.

on 4/14/2014 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

To me this is an absolute HG product!!!!! I have been using this product daily for well over a year now and let me tell you it is a miracle if you have dark circles!!!!!

I feel blessed to have good skin that is relatively free of blemishes and is neither too oily or too dry but one thing I have always struggled with is my dark circles as they are hereditary and my mom and sisters have them too. Before I discovered this product I had literally tried every concealer under the planet and NONE of them could completely cover my dark circles until I found this Maybelline one. When I say this is a miracle product I am not exaggerating. This products works, plain and simple, it works!

I have both the concealer one and the brightener one and use them both in conjunction and my very dark circles are completely gone but to be perfectly honest you can definitely get away with just wearing the brightening one and it will be enough to make your circles disappear! The brightening concealer in particular is nothing short of amazing not only does it camouflage the dark circles but it completely brightens the entire undereye area just makes you look awake and perky and beautiful! The brightener is a pinky highlight shade and is great by itself or over the skin tone concealer of the same brand (which I also love! Completely hides all traces of dark circles!) If you are just wanting to try this purchase the brightener first and then expand from there, you'll be amazed at the brightening power of the concealer not only does it diguise the dark circles but it reflects light from the undereye area making it appear brighter and more youthful!

The consistency is a liquid consistency but it really, really covers!!!! The applicator is like a big sponge applicator and it did seem a bit too large to me when I first tried it but the more and more I used it the more I liked it and don't let the size of the applicator fool you a little bit goes a long way and this product really lasts!!! Even on my very dark circles a little bit is enough to cover all of it and last all day long! All you have to do is dab a little bit under your eyes blend it out with your fingertips and voila! It's as simple as that! I really love this product and cannot say enough good things about it! I would HIGHLY recommend this product to anyone that suffers from dark circles and I've tried every concealer product under the sun and this is the only one that works, it really, really, really works!!!!!!

on 4/11/2014 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I totally love this concealer, it does erase dark circles. I don't have major dark circles just a bit and it does a great job at concealing them. The only thing that i don't like about it is that it gets into my fine lines but other than that great concealer. When you put it on you totally look more awake and refresh. I love the packaging because you just twist it and the product comes from the sponge.

on 4/10/2014 5:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is definitely the best under eye concealer that I've tried. I've used mostly stick forms (such as Maybelline cover stick corrector concealer) and this is waaaay nicer. I tend to get dry patches underneath my eyes, and the stick concealers just accentuate that, whereas this product is so much more moisturizing! I bought it in light, and it's perfect. You have to twist the cap a huge amount of times at the beginning to see any product though - I thought I had somehow broken it because it took so long to see product, but nope - that's just the packaging! I recommend (:

on 4/9/2014 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't know about the effects of goji and haloxyl that are included in this concealer but I really love the way it applies. I don't have super dark circles but they get dark enough to be noticeable. I just twist this and the product comes out evenly over the spongy tip and swipe it under my eyes and blend with my fingers. I use the color Light (Pale) and it works well with my Asian skin. It's not yellowy and not cakey, probably one of the more moisturizing drugstore concealers I have used so far. It was also under $12 at Bartell Drugs although the product size is pretty small. The best thing is that the spongy tip is so big that it just takes one swipe instead of those smaller Q-tip sized tips that other concealers use which takes multiple swipes to get the whole area concealed. Overall a good buy for those with sensitive and dry skin.

on 4/9/2014 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I dont use concealers much but I picked this product up anyways. The neutralizer was too light on my skin and Medium was PERFECT! Its 1/2 to 1 shade lighter and because I dont need to conceal any dark circles it is perfect for brightening up the eye area.

It is blendable and smooth. Does not settle in my fine lines. I would repurchase it but I think this product will last me a while.

on 3/31/2014 2:37:00 AM

After seeing this bad boy in YouTube video, after YouTube video, I thought it was time to pick it up and give'er a try. I'm SO glad I did too because I love it!

Packaging: I HATE these little spongy applicators. I know I'm using it on my clean skin but it still grosses me out. The Revlon age defying concealer with the spongy applicator, you can remove the sponge but I haven't figured out how to do the same with this one unfortunately and I'm scared to break it. I do however love that you can see the amount of product left for replenishment. (good on you Maybelline)

Application: I use the concealer application technique that the Revlon Trainer Jacquie taught me ( she is the Revlon trainer for Canada, and she's amazing. If you haven't already check her out) I take my middle finger and use a patting massaging motion to blend it in evenly without removing any of the product. It applies beautifully on my and I do not notice any creasing in my fine lines. It also blends in nicely with my foundation which is a plus. If you do find that this is settling in any fine lines of is drying I suggest using a wrinkle filler/ primer to smooth everything out. My favourites are (highend) Roc's Wrinkle filler; the one that looks like a syringe, and Revlon's Age Defying wrinkle remedy line filler.

Shading: I have only used the one shade which is the "brightener". It is a pinky based light shade for my fair skin. It is quite pink but it works great for my skin tone.

Longevity: this concealer lasts through my whole day of school and work which usually starts at 5am and ends at 11pm which is pretty fantastic if you ask me. It probably helps though that I always use a primer.

Smell/ sensitivity: This product doesn't have much of a smell to me. It just smells like makeup. I have pretty sensitive eyes and this has never once irritated my eyes, even when I get it directly in my eye.

Coverage: This covers pretty good. It isn't the most coverage out there though. Sometimes what I do if my undereyes are really scary is I will use the Maybelline eraser for dark spots. It looks the exact same just in the white tube, and it COMPLETELY covers, the only thing being that it is a bit thicker so it may cake up on you.

Overall: This is a great concealer for a reasonable price. I would recommend this to anyone with minor to moderate dark circles. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with extremely dry skin though, unless the match it with a good moisturizer or primer.

on 3/27/2014 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I think this concealer is very good. Much much better than others I have tried. It's not drying, and does not settle in fine lines. I am shade "Light" $9.50 at Walgreens.

on 3/27/2014 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Honey, is that frosting you have on your face?
A lot of people say that this is a smooth and blendable concealer... But on my skin, this is terribly hard to blend. When I use a sponge, it looks cakey and blotchy. When I use my fingers, there's no more coverage. When I use a foundation or concealer brush, it's streaky. The only way I can use it is if I use a buffing brush to buff it in really well. It still looks a tad bit cakey, but at least I have some coverage.
I find that this concealer is a little drying too. As soon as I put it on my face, it dries within two or three seconds. My skin can get a little patchy if I didn't slather on a ton of primer. Speaking of primer, regardless of whether or not I use it, or even what primer I use, my skin gets a little more oily than usual with this concealer. Maybe it soaks up all of the oil out of my skin, I don't know.
In terms of wear, it does last all day. As long as I blot and don't powder my face, my skintone will remain relatively even. It does fade a little on my t-zone though, probably since I blot that area the most. Setting it with powder doesn't make much of a difference in prolonging the wear, so I usually skip it.
Also, I think there's something wrong with my tube... When I wind it, barely any product comes out of the sponge, regardless of how much I've winded it. I once stored this on its side in my makeup bag, and the concealer leaked out from the screwed part into the finished portion of the concealer. Now it doesn't wind down cleanly and there's a lot of excess product on the stick in the bottle.
I bought this for about $10 Canadian. Not worth it. I'm not buying this again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials