January 28, 2015 | 1948 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Love this concealer, hate the packaging!

First the good: I don't have very dark circles, but I like to wear concealer under the eyes to look more alert, awake and pulled together at work or if going out. I pat this on my under eye area in 3 small spots then blend with my fingers or an Ecotools airbrush concealer brush. It covers my circles perfectly and looks natural. I use the "Light" shade (I'm NC25, Bobbi Brown in Beige for reference). It's very thin, fluid and blends easily but dries quite fast so you have to work quickly. No complaints about the actual concealer though - it covers well, convenient to take with you, lasts me all day at work with a light dusting of powder (not always - sometimes I just leave it alone, and it's still lasts). I think for severe bags or dark circles, this may not be opaque enough but it's worth a try and inexpensive too!

The bad: my ONLY issue with this product is the packaging, it has that gross sponge tip applicator. I don't like that because it wastes a lot of product which gets stuck in the sponge. When I buy it now, I immediately remove the sponge tip and just use it with a concealer brush - it's fine but sometimes too much spills out. Regardless of the packaging - I love this more than my MAC concealers, Benefit etc. For more opaque coverage, if for example I'm going to a wedding or something, I prefer Laura Mercier concealers or Bobbi Brown, but find the cream consistency creases a lot more and doesn't last as long as the Age Rewind, so this is perfect for everyday no-fuss, no touch-ups needed use. I've gone through about 2 of these, and it's a staple in my make-up kit, so I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by sarahmorgan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is great concealer especially for the price. I think its a perfect consistency and coverage, being light and silky but opaque enough to cover my dark circles. The staying power is also awesome, as I don't have to reapply for hours and it doesn't crease. Only gripe of mine is the packaging which can be cumbersome to work with and can get messy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 7:38:00 AM More reviews by jod84

i love this stuff. i was useing mac pro long wear concealer before that really seems to cake under my eyes and makes fine lines look worse. this dont cake up it dont set in to lines the coverage is great and its much cheaper then mac im sold :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Makeupbyamandam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been through the ringer with under eye concealers. I have tried literally EVERYTHING I think. My biggest gripe with things meant to be used under your eyes really has a lot to do with the consistency of the product. Too thick and it looks caked on and unnatural under there. Too thin and it almost immediately settles into any fine lines. I must say that for me, the consistency of this product is just right. I like the sponge applicator that it comes with because it seems to deposit just the right amount of product under there, but I do use a large (pointed) kabuki brush or my finger to blend it with. I don't like to set my under eye concealer with powders or anything like that, because I feel like it tends to look dry or too powdery. So I always apply this last and just blend it in and go. It really seems to stay put and doesn't slide down through out the day on my oily skin. I originally bought this in the "Light" shade and at first I thought it was too light, however this works for me because I want to sort of brighten up that area so that my eyes look awake and refreshed. It really gives me a natural, flawless finish all day. Over time however, even if I haven't finished the tube, I get worried that it becomes un-hygenic. I am usually very careful with anything that I put on or near my eye area because it is a sensitive area of the face, and unless anyone knows any tricks, there really isn't a way to clean that applicator from time to time. I also find that once the tube is gone, there is still enough product left in there for another few applications, but there is no way to get it out! This is by far the best concealer that I have found and I don't see myself every trying anything new from now on. I don't have breakouts from this and I don't have any sensitivity to the formula. Another positive. I have had three or four of these now and I keep a backup at all times. I do want to mention that this is not a concealer that can be used for covering up imperfections or blemishes, it's a sheer product that is not meant for that. I have read reviews in the past where people said that it didn't cover up anything on their face. It's really meant to be used as an under eye concealer only. So if you are like me and don't mind having two different concealers, then you hopefully will love this just as much as I do. And for the price, how can I complain!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2013 6:26:00 AM More reviews by kahealani63

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I first bought this in "light". It was ok. When I was almost out I went ahead and got the "neutralizer" shade. It's awesome! It blends so nicely and is great for highlighting or simply just brightening up the under eye area. I'm almost out of this concealer and I definitely need another one. I recently bought the diminishing one with vitamin C? I'm not impressed with that. This review is strictly for the "neutralizer". It's also a lot cheaper than purchasing department store concealers, and I honestly can compare it to or if not better than a lot of department store brands. The only thing I didn't like, was the packaging. I didn't mind the sponge applicator because I can control the amount applied, but I didn't like how as my tube ran out I could see a lot of the product going to waste. Has anyone else experience that? I don't know how to explain it. It's the center part from the twisting. It's like the concealer oozes out from the inside? I really can't explain it. I just see a lot of it in between the packaging oozing from the inner tube. I'm starting to sound confusing. Anyways, it's an awesome product IMO and for the price too!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by glamycakes2014

my go to concealer. i love love love this. its very good formula. it works perfectly. my only downfall is the packaging. the sponge tip kept fallin off and the cap wouldnt stay on either

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by shanzaya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this in the neutralizer shade! Perfect peachy yellow color. Moisturizer before you put it on. This is also amazing for contouring and highlighting if you need some brightening up! But yeah it's amazing not too heavy at all either try it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the darkest one. I don't know what the heck I was thinking because it was still too light. Then the applicator was really weird. It just sucks that if I really want to get a good product that matches my skintone I have to go to a department store.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Mguthrie0206

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although the rollerball makes this product easy to apply, I experienced a great deal of settling into the creases. The texture is silky which is nice, and the pigment is good, but by lunchtime it looks like unblended garbage.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this in the neutralizer shade, under the FitMe concealer. This helps to counter the blue-purple circles, and the concealer on top provides more coverage. I then set with a loose powder.

The packaging has pros and cons. The pro is that it prevents you from over applying... the cons are that
1) if you lose the cap, then the tip is open to the elements and would probably get dirty
2) if the mechanical screw function stops working, you're probably stuck buying a new one

However, I like how this product helps get rid of my extreme dark circles. It dries quickly so that I don't have to wait before applying my concealer on top. I will probably repurchase, or I might check out the Bobbi Brown corrector, depending on how much $ I have when I run out!