September 15, 2014 | 865 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by blacklikemyheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this color, it's a mlbb for sure. It has surprising lasting power despite how dewy the finish is. it disappears after I eat but otherwise will last 3 hours or so. I definitely plan to buy it again as stores restock. I will probably keep one in each bag to grab and slick on during my workday as I really don't have time in the day for more elaborate touch ups, this is ideal for adding a little color without needing a mirror like I would with a regular lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by birdmadgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I haven't written a makeup review in forever because I haven't bought anything in forever that was worth reviewing.That said, this Lip Butter in Pink Truffle is one of the best things I've picked up in, well, forever.

Pink Truffle is a slightly brownish-pink--definitely a MLBB color. I've got a pale, cool skin and auburn hair, and it gives me enough color and doesn't clash with my hair (like many pink lipsticks tend to do). The texture is super smooth and my lips are shiny and pretty when I wear it (and not glittery, thank goodness!).

I did give this a four, however, because it dries my lips out somewhat.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this lip butter, it is easy to apply, looks natural on my lips and seems to last a few hours. doesnt dry my lips out, and the color is subtle and not loud or obnoxious so i can wear this on weekends, walking the dog or running errands and it is not so obvious as lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by jewels64

Pink Truffle is a medium pink-brown that could be a nice everyday color but I find it to be a little too brown to be anything more than mediocre on my pigmented lips and NC25/Photoready 004 skintone. I could see this being lovely on some people but it's not quite there for me personally. I like the formula and am looking forward to trying different colors - but I won't be re-purchasing this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This pulls a brown/red on me looks very out of style almsot like revlons toast of ny. I get no pink out of this what so ever. I thought this would be a nudish/pink not a red/brown. I would like it more if it lookd like the first picture on here but it is more like the 2nd pic red/brown. I don't like any of these at all since you have no idea what color you are getting and some are more sheer then you would think and then some are dark and then SURPRISE some have shimmer! It turns out that the only shades I would go for have shimmer and I hate shimmer.

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Icaria

Finally saw a display of these at Walmart and it was the last one they had in this color. Goes on smooth but I was expecting something more moisturizing, almost gloss like. After about 10 minutes, it kind of feels like it's drying my lips. For $7.49 it'll do for now with a gloss over it. I was tempted to get other colors, especially at that price (I never buy drugstore makeup usually, not because they're not good, simply because I never find anything that suits me) but I'm glad I didn't. The color is very nice but the formula is not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 10:38:00 AM More reviews by KristaniA

This is the first color I bought from the collection. My local drugstore (Rexall) was having a BOGO event on all lip products, so it was the perfect time to try out the lip butters. I LOVE PINK TRUFFLE. The color is perfect for my skin tone. I have light yellow-based complexion and in the winter, I can look REALLY PALE. Pink Truffle adds enough warmth to my face. I love that it's the perfect blend of brown and pink. It's definitely my MLBB shade. I also got a Red Velvet (deep brown-ish red) and I found that the lighter shade glides more easily and feels more moisturizing on the lips compared to its darker companion. I would definitely repurchase this shade. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Ehrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I know this technically isn't a lipstick BUT this is how all lipsticks should be! It doesn't have a load of chemicals, it's glossy, moisturizing and well pigmented. It glides on beautifully, the packaging is awesome :D and the price isn't bad either ($8.99CAD at Walmart). I am so tempted to buy more colors but, I already have too many products. If Revlon doesn't discontinue these butters, I probably will end up phasing out all my lipsticks and glosses and replacing them with these, as long as I can find a color match. Yes, they're that awesome (in my opinion). The pink truffle color is a pinky brown, perfect for everyday wear and if you want something to pair with a more dramatic or neutral eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by svntang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It was a little expensive where I bought mine ($10 with tax), but I saw it on display and wanted it :P The colour is a little browner than my natural lip, but its a great natural colour. It feels nice on my lips, and I'll repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by judysmath

I have several shades of Lip Butters and Pink Truffle is my favorite everyday color. So much so, that I bought a couple of back ups. My other fave is Red Velvet. I have pale lips and Pink Truffle is a great MLBB shade for me. It's creamy and shiny. PT is a close dupe of my $34 Clarins MLBB shade called Rosewood. I think I'll stick with the lip butter.

I found my lip butters at Bed Bath & Beyond for $5.79, which is a steal. My CVS has since started carrying them for around $7 or $8. Either way, it's a good value considering the quality.