July 31, 2014 | 1724 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this lip butter, it is easy to apply, looks natural on my lips and seems to last a few hours. doesnt dry my lips out, and the color is subtle and not loud or obnoxious so i can wear this on weekends, walking the dog or running errands and it is not so obvious as lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by jewels64

Pink Truffle is a medium pink-brown that could be a nice everyday color but I find it to be a little too brown to be anything more than mediocre on my pigmented lips and NC25/Photoready 004 skintone. I could see this being lovely on some people but it's not quite there for me personally. I like the formula and am looking forward to trying different colors - but I won't be re-purchasing this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This pulls a brown/red on me looks very out of style almsot like revlons toast of ny. I get no pink out of this what so ever. I thought this would be a nudish/pink not a red/brown. I would like it more if it lookd like the first picture on here but it is more like the 2nd pic red/brown. I don't like any of these at all since you have no idea what color you are getting and some are more sheer then you would think and then some are dark and then SURPRISE some have shimmer! It turns out that the only shades I would go for have shimmer and I hate shimmer.

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Icaria

Finally saw a display of these at Walmart and it was the last one they had in this color. Goes on smooth but I was expecting something more moisturizing, almost gloss like. After about 10 minutes, it kind of feels like it's drying my lips. For $7.49 it'll do for now with a gloss over it. I was tempted to get other colors, especially at that price (I never buy drugstore makeup usually, not because they're not good, simply because I never find anything that suits me) but I'm glad I didn't. The color is very nice but the formula is not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 10:38:00 AM More reviews by KristaniA

This is the first color I bought from the collection. My local drugstore (Rexall) was having a BOGO event on all lip products, so it was the perfect time to try out the lip butters. I LOVE PINK TRUFFLE. The color is perfect for my skin tone. I have light yellow-based complexion and in the winter, I can look REALLY PALE. Pink Truffle adds enough warmth to my face. I love that it's the perfect blend of brown and pink. It's definitely my MLBB shade. I also got a Red Velvet (deep brown-ish red) and I found that the lighter shade glides more easily and feels more moisturizing on the lips compared to its darker companion. I would definitely repurchase this shade. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Ehrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I know this technically isn't a lipstick BUT this is how all lipsticks should be! It doesn't have a load of chemicals, it's glossy, moisturizing and well pigmented. It glides on beautifully, the packaging is awesome :D and the price isn't bad either ($8.99CAD at Walmart). I am so tempted to buy more colors but, I already have too many products. If Revlon doesn't discontinue these butters, I probably will end up phasing out all my lipsticks and glosses and replacing them with these, as long as I can find a color match. Yes, they're that awesome (in my opinion). The pink truffle color is a pinky brown, perfect for everyday wear and if you want something to pair with a more dramatic or neutral eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by svntang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It was a little expensive where I bought mine ($10 with tax), but I saw it on display and wanted it :P The colour is a little browner than my natural lip, but its a great natural colour. It feels nice on my lips, and I'll repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by judysmath

I have several shades of Lip Butters and Pink Truffle is my favorite everyday color. So much so, that I bought a couple of back ups. My other fave is Red Velvet. I have pale lips and Pink Truffle is a great MLBB shade for me. It's creamy and shiny. PT is a close dupe of my $34 Clarins MLBB shade called Rosewood. I think I'll stick with the lip butter.

I found my lip butters at Bed Bath & Beyond for $5.79, which is a steal. My CVS has since started carrying them for around $7 or $8. Either way, it's a good value considering the quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2011 10:03:00 AM More reviews by everysunflower

This colour is a browny/pinky neutral colour. Looks very natural on me. Probably because it's quite similar to my own lip colour. So for me it's one of those "just like my own lip colour, but better!" lip products. It makes my lips look fuller and with just the perfect amount of glossiness to still remain "natural looking." The application is smooth as butter, so the name is VERY fitting of the product. It doesn't dry out my lips at all, in fact, I find it quite moisturizing. I wish the staying power was better - it's very average. I paid around $7 (CAD) for this. I also bought the Lollipop Colorburst Lip Butter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The average price I have paid for these is $5, which I think is fantastic for a product this great! This is my second favorite lip butter shade (Red Velvet is my favorite), but I actually use this one the most because it is so natural looking. I feel like it is the best balance between pink and brown that I have ever found in a lip product. I like it much better than my two previous favorites, which were the Colorburst lipsticks in Rosy Nude and Blush. The texture of the Lip Butters is incredible, and I love love LOVE the amount of glossiness they impart on my lips....it's a grown-up, sophisticated glossiness that doesn't look like a tacky layer of oil on the lips. I need to get another one of these for my purse, but every time I find a lip butter display now, all the darker colors are gone, and I'm not a fan of pastels on my lips. I will repurchase this color as long as they make it!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No