July 25, 2014 | 1115 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Pressed Translucent Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2005 8:06:00 PM More reviews by BadMojo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product. I love that its only like $1.99 and that it works great on my oily skin. Only think I dont like is the packaging. I have only had it for about a week but Im afraid it will break any minute. This works better than any other d/s pressed powder I have tried. Doesnt turn colors or get cakey. Love it and will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2005 7:05:00 PM More reviews by kristine123452

I like this powder alot. I bought it in the 2nd lightest shade and it worked well and I got it for 2 dollars so I'm gonna buy it again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2005 12:56:00 PM More reviews by happyworldz

This powder is the best for oil-absorbing. I've been using my MAC blot powder for a while and noticed that it's really cakey. So I decided to give NYC a try. I'm SO glad I did cuz not only NYC is better, it's MUCH cheaper. It looks more natural on my skin. I didn't bother using the puff that comes with it. I use a separate puff. And *poof* my shine is gone! I got Natural Beige, which is the same color as MAC blot powder "Medium Dark". I'll keep buying. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2005 4:23:00 AM More reviews by ergi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great price, great oil control, but beware the powdery chalky look. I've brushed this on, seen myself in fluorescent lighting and rushed to the nearest restroom for touch-ups. I go very lightly now, to the point i may as well not use powder. Maybe the trouble comes from oily sunscreen and foundation - the powder has too many chances to stick. This is good for exercise, lazy days, or whenever, but not a flawless look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2005 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Seclusae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

DESCRIPTION OF ME Asian with a warm medium complexion (C3 in MAC) with strong yellow undertones and some peach. Black hair. Oily skin.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION Pressed powder that functions well as a blot powder. Around $4 US or lower in most drugstores.

PACKAGING Uh, definitely NYC's weak spot. This powder comes in a gray plastic compact. The two halves are connected by, literally, a little strip of plastic instead of the standard hinge. You can literally cut it apart. My concern is that it could break apart. Also, the print on the compact wears off easily, adding to the tackiness. One point off for those. The powder also comes with a standard puff that is not problematic for me.

COLOR I have both Translucent and Naturally Beige. Translucent looks like a stark matte white in the pan but it applies sheerly. However, it left a whitish cast on my nose with repeated blotting. I can see it being an HG for very pale skins who often have a hard problem finding a light enough powder. I switched to Naturally Beige. It is a medium neutral beige that does not show up on my C3 skin. Perfect.

TEXTURE Smooth but dry. When you run your fingers through it, only a minimal amount rubs off. This is a great feature if you are using this as a blot powder.

COVERAGE However, the dry texture does not make this powder a good product to buy if you are looking for coverage. It offers none.

STAYING POWER/OIL ABSORPTION This powder lasts a long time, longer than standard talc-based powders. I don't know why but it does. It absorbs oil better and thus decreases the need for blotting.

SCENT No noticeable scents.

OVERALL My HG blot powder. It is so inexpensive and works so well that I feel no need to look elsewhere. I would definitely repurchase.

One point off for the low-quality packaging. continued >>

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2005 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Penguin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Holy grail material my ladies! The loose is great too but go easy on it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2005 11:18:00 PM More reviews by IShy134

Only pressed powder I'll use! I have 'naturally beige' and I love it. It gives you a nice soft warm finish. It's wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2005 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Frizzie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The powder is great, it is very light, but works for me. I wish I could depot this into a prettier case, but hey, it's cheap and great :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2005 2:49:00 PM More reviews by LisaIsabelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product at 0,99$ CDN. What a joke for such a great product! It get rid of shine and oilyness for hours. It's the best thing since slice bread.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2005 1:51:00 PM More reviews by curlyleo

This is fantastic stuff and extremely cheap! I use it to set foundation or sunscreen and concealer, and it blends into my PPP skin very well and controls oil for several hours. You will have to get a different puff or use a brush to apply it, but that's no big deal for me. The only thing I don't like about it is the very hideous packaging but I never take it around with me anyway. Will definitely repurchase!