October 24, 2014 | 908 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Pressed Translucent Powder

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2005 3:43:00 PM More reviews by auras

Not too bad product for the price, but it doesn't control oilies very well, I have to reapply or use a film every 2 hrs. I use the medium shade, which matches my slightly tanned skin very well.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2005 12:45:00 AM More reviews by fashion_equalsPASSION

((EDIT))
oh. my. gosh.
in the past few months i've noticed my skin has gotten really bad. my forehead, nose, chin and the tops of my cheeks under my eyes. all the places I apply this stuff.

I'm going to quit using it and see if my skin clears up.

I'm also going to subtract another lippie.

((END EDIT))

I am currently on my 2nd compact of this, and will shortly need to buy a 3rd. I adore this stuff. Instead of buying expensive powder, this stuff is $2. It goes on sheerly and absorbs all of my oil and shine. Instead of using the sponge, I use a powder brush instead.

I took off one lipstick because when I dust it on, it often leaves a layer of dusty looking powder on my nose and forehead. It's easy to fix by gently patting your hands on your face.

I wouldn't reccomend this for dry skin because it seems to accentuate dryness.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2005 7:26:00 PM More reviews by TylerDurdenSays

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this product!!! I have tried several different powders in an attempt to neutralize or at least assuage my oily/combination skin, and this is definitely my HG powder! Lightweight, not cakey, works very well to control oil, and who can beat the price? My only gripe is that it's often sold out =( but that has nothing to do with the product. A fabulous buy. I have red hair and hazel eyes, fair to medium skin, but I buy this powder in Translucent and it doesn't dull my skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2005 8:06:00 PM More reviews by BadMojo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product. I love that its only like $1.99 and that it works great on my oily skin. Only think I dont like is the packaging. I have only had it for about a week but Im afraid it will break any minute. This works better than any other d/s pressed powder I have tried. Doesnt turn colors or get cakey. Love it and will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2005 7:05:00 PM More reviews by kristine123452

I like this powder alot. I bought it in the 2nd lightest shade and it worked well and I got it for 2 dollars so I'm gonna buy it again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2005 12:56:00 PM More reviews by happyworldz

This powder is the best for oil-absorbing. I've been using my MAC blot powder for a while and noticed that it's really cakey. So I decided to give NYC a try. I'm SO glad I did cuz not only NYC is better, it's MUCH cheaper. It looks more natural on my skin. I didn't bother using the puff that comes with it. I use a separate puff. And *poof* my shine is gone! I got Natural Beige, which is the same color as MAC blot powder "Medium Dark". I'll keep buying. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2005 4:23:00 AM More reviews by ergi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great price, great oil control, but beware the powdery chalky look. I've brushed this on, seen myself in fluorescent lighting and rushed to the nearest restroom for touch-ups. I go very lightly now, to the point i may as well not use powder. Maybe the trouble comes from oily sunscreen and foundation - the powder has too many chances to stick. This is good for exercise, lazy days, or whenever, but not a flawless look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2005 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Seclusae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

DESCRIPTION OF ME Asian with a warm medium complexion (C3 in MAC) with strong yellow undertones and some peach. Black hair. Oily skin.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION Pressed powder that functions well as a blot powder. Around $4 US or lower in most drugstores.

PACKAGING Uh, definitely NYC's weak spot. This powder comes in a gray plastic compact. The two halves are connected by, literally, a little strip of plastic instead of the standard hinge. You can literally cut it apart. My concern is that it could break apart. Also, the print on the compact wears off easily, adding to the tackiness. One point off for those. The powder also comes with a standard puff that is not problematic for me.

COLOR I have both Translucent and Naturally Beige. Translucent looks like a stark matte white in the pan but it applies sheerly. However, it left a whitish cast on my nose with repeated blotting. I can see it being an HG for very pale skins who often have a hard problem finding a light enough powder. I switched to Naturally Beige. It is a medium neutral beige that does not show up on my C3 skin. Perfect.

TEXTURE Smooth but dry. When you run your fingers through it, only a minimal amount rubs off. This is a great feature if you are using this as a blot powder.

COVERAGE However, the dry texture does not make this powder a good product to buy if you are looking for coverage. It offers none.

STAYING POWER/OIL ABSORPTION This powder lasts a long time, longer than standard talc-based powders. I don't know why but it does. It absorbs oil better and thus decreases the need for blotting.

SCENT No noticeable scents.

OVERALL My HG blot powder. It is so inexpensive and works so well that I feel no need to look elsewhere. I would definitely repurchase.

One point off for the low-quality packaging. continued >>

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2005 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Penguin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Holy grail material my ladies! The loose is great too but go easy on it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2005 11:18:00 PM More reviews by IShy134

Only pressed powder I'll use! I have 'naturally beige' and I love it. It gives you a nice soft warm finish. It's wonderful.