September 2, 2014 | 1667 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by satinmannequin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I saw "Essence" in a store for the first time, I thought "what the hell?". Products are really inexpensive and actually have no adverts on TV or else where. That got me curious, so, of course, I googled it and also checked on youtube. It was surprising to see a highly positive response for some of "Essence's" products.

So, I was up to try this brand. I bought gel eyeliner in 01 Midnight in Paris and a brush for this liner (also, reeally cheap). What can I say? It's brilliant! It is really black, goes on smoothly, stays on for long enough and if you have dry or normal eyelids, then there is no possibility that it will smear itself. My eyelids are tend to become little bit oily, but even though they do, it stays on for more than 12 hours.
I will absolutely buy this again and I highly recommend you to do so!
Even if it does not work for someone - it's not expensive, so the regret won't be that bitter, if you buy, for example, something from L'Oreal, Bourjois, Maybelline and it actually doesn't work.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by MissLivia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

What a great and inexpensive gel liner! The colors it comes in are quite unique (I have the color miami's ink which is a gorgeous metallic gunmetal, i also swatched london baby which is a pretty taupey purpley brown, quite dark). Lasting power is good, even on the waterline, and the colors are quite opaque. Would love to grab the black next....at the price ($3.49 @ ulta), you could easily get the whole collection and not feel like you've spent hundreds. Definately a new gel liner favorite, and I've tried quite a few high and low end ones. Only downside is the consistency is a little wet for my taste...somewhat difficult to get onto the brush, but applies fine. Note to amber/brown eyes girls: Miami's ink really makes your eyes pop! i love the contrast!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by DizzyNicky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found out that Maybelline was not a cruelty free brand and was pretty bummed because I love their studio gel eye liner and so I needed to find a replacement. I tried Elf, Wet 'n Wild and a few other brands, nothing was as good. I was placing an order from Ulta and stumbled on to this brand and for the price I thought why not give it a shot, it's only $3.50! It's amazing, so dark and pigmented and glides on. If you wear winged eyeliner you need to give this a try. It goes on so smoothly, it doesn't set right away so you can manipulate the product at first, so be careful not to smear it. Then it sets and it stays put all day. You'll need a good makeup remover to take it off. Which I don't mind, I want my eye liner to stay put. I have sensitive eyes and this product does not bother them at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 8:44:00 AM More reviews by korrok

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Now I've never used any other brand of gel liner, so it's impossible for me to compare this to other brands! But as my first try of gel, it's very decent. I purchased it in "London Baby" (brown) and am very happy with the staying power. It lasts all day on the upper lid without any issues at all. It's very almost as good as my HG liquid liner (Barry M), just a little less convinient since it requires a seperate brush! I'll definitely try it in some other colours.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 8:52:00 AM More reviews by snoopydood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I cant believe how smooth, creamy, long lasting, lovely color pigmentation or ridiculously cheap this beautiful product is =)
I recommend it to everyone who is looking for a soft, chic liner and doesn't cost them so much
I got this in "London baby" which is the taupe brown, and in "Berlin Rocks" which is dark plum. They're both awesome colors and I use them with the Gel Liner brush that is made by Essence too! amazing tool

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2012 8:42:00 AM More reviews by ceew21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I first bought essence lippie and really like it, so when I saw the reviews for the gel liner I figured I would try it out. It is really easy to apply, however I prefer a sharper line like my liquid eyeliner. This did stay pretty long but the line is almost like a soft powder even when I did put a primer on my lid. For a soft look though I would def. get it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by xCupcake7

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME. My sister has the purple shade, not sure the name. I don't own it, as I said, my sister does. I use this when i go out at night a lot of the times. Looks realllllly beautiful with brown eyes. My sister wears this with a little mascara and just the purple liner. The consistency is awesome as well, very much a gel, not a cream like other "gel" liners. I use this with a small, percise brush, she uses an angled brush. It has a slight shimmer/metallic note to it, which I like. Stays on VERY well, but it comes off fairly easily. Worth the 1-2 bucks :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by idg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This gel eyeliner should come slapped with a warning sticker that says "Serious Business". I purchased the black colour and not only is it smooth, creamy, and easy to apply, but once it sets, it does not budge, even on my oil-slick eyelids. Should you be invited to an apocalypse, I'd suggest you wear this eyeliner, because even after your skin starts peeling and zombies take over the Earth, your liner will still look as fresh as ever. In fact, that's the one problem you may encounter with this liner - you also need a Serious Business eye makeup remover to get this off (or maybe just some WD-40). Regardless of whether or not I set the liner with eyeshadow, it lasts 18+ hours for me on the top lashline. When used on the waterline with a setting powder or pencil, it still stays on for an impressively long time (though not as much as on the top line). My dear makeup fiends, for this price ($4 CAD), I suggest you pick this up and give it a go. Buy a nice eyeliner brush as well, and you're set for the next post-nuclear war dinner party.

38 out of 38 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by sydcricket

Incredible! Smooth, dark and creamy. Dries beautifully. I had my husband bring me some of these back from Germany but I guess you can get them at Ulta here in the US!

I have suuuuper oily lids and I was sad when this and my elf gel liner (still good, but less smooth to apply) kept creasing, even with primer. I thought I'd have to go back to liquid, which doesn't doesn't last as long as gels on me. But I finally invested in UDPP and that along with this stuff works wonders!! I've got the black but I'm going to try to get my hands on the other colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 5:37:00 AM More reviews by HenriettaLovesMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yes, yes, yes! Finally a good, long lasting eye liner! This is the first gel eye liner I ever used, because some of my friends wear gel eye liners (other brand) and they always crack and just don't look all that good. After reading reviews on this liner here, I decided to go out and get one. To be honest, for this price I can't think of a reason why not to buy this liner. It stays on all trough day and night. I swatched it on my hand and I couldn't wash it off with just water and had difficulties even using soap- that is how good and long lasting this product is! No liquid or pencil eye liners have ever done such a good job for me, and I'm a 60s' inspired, bold and winged eye liner kind of girl. If you are too, go out and get this, you won't be disappointed :)