October 1, 2014 | 1247 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by GooMavs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best gel liner, hands down. No other gel eyeliner lasts all day on me, but this does. Nice creamy formula. I have it in Midnight in Paris and London Baby (I think that's the name..don't like the color though). Get the Essence gel liner brush because it rocks!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by anaelleee

This is a pretty good gel liner. I've tried quite a few, with many disapointments, such as Smashbox, Maybelline, L'oreal, Physician's Formula, Stila. WnW..and now this, in the shade London Baby :)

I wanted to also purchase the black one, but the ones at my shoppers were all open and had fingerprints inside...thanks but no thanks.

Anyway, My biggest issue with gels are that although they are supposed to be the longest lasting liners, most of the ones I tried didn't flake or anything, but they faded and smudged SOO much! I had like semi-racoon eyes half-way through school :'( My biggest regrets were WnW and Stila.

The shade London Baby is a slightly taupe-brown with a satin finish. It's the more natural alternative to the black shade (Midnight in Paris). It looks nice on any eye colour, so I those who like a little less intensity, this is the right shade for you! It's still darker than normal brown, but not quite black.. :)

I've only had this for a month or two, so I believe I have a good idea of how they perform on me. so far it's doing pretty good. It has smudged a bit and faded somewhat after a school day (8:30-3:20), especially at the inner corners of my eyes and also a bit on my outer eye corner onto my bottom lid, but I think that may have to do with the fact that I'm a mono-lidder :)

I will test this out for a few more days, and see if this will become my everyday liner. If so, then I will go purchase the black shade too and maybe buy a back-up of this once my shoppers restocks...I am not buying one with finger marks, thank you very much :)! It's not the bed liner ever, but Ive tried worse and they were much more expensive than the $5 I paid for this

Good luck guys!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by jackie0h

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have found essence products in general to be great, and the gel liners are no exception. They can substitute for pretty much any of the big names that carry a gel eyeliner, for a much better price. I hope essence is able to grow without getting too expensive, because they are the best discount makeup there is.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 1:29:00 AM More reviews by joeykeen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've recently discovered gel liners, and have only tried two brands, mac fluidline (in blitz and glitz) and essence in london baby. While they were both soft, creamy, both required some building up before getting a really dark colour and both applied smoothly, I actually preferred the essence liner. I've had it on all day and it hasn't budged or smudged (unlike the mac fluidline, which smudged a bit by the end of the day, and irritated my eyes). I just wish they came in more colours!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by satinmannequin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I saw "Essence" in a store for the first time, I thought "what the hell?". Products are really inexpensive and actually have no adverts on TV or else where. That got me curious, so, of course, I googled it and also checked on youtube. It was surprising to see a highly positive response for some of "Essence's" products.

So, I was up to try this brand. I bought gel eyeliner in 01 Midnight in Paris and a brush for this liner (also, reeally cheap). What can I say? It's brilliant! It is really black, goes on smoothly, stays on for long enough and if you have dry or normal eyelids, then there is no possibility that it will smear itself. My eyelids are tend to become little bit oily, but even though they do, it stays on for more than 12 hours.
I will absolutely buy this again and I highly recommend you to do so!
Even if it does not work for someone - it's not expensive, so the regret won't be that bitter, if you buy, for example, something from L'Oreal, Bourjois, Maybelline and it actually doesn't work.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by MissLivia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

What a great and inexpensive gel liner! The colors it comes in are quite unique (I have the color miami's ink which is a gorgeous metallic gunmetal, i also swatched london baby which is a pretty taupey purpley brown, quite dark). Lasting power is good, even on the waterline, and the colors are quite opaque. Would love to grab the black next....at the price ($3.49 @ ulta), you could easily get the whole collection and not feel like you've spent hundreds. Definately a new gel liner favorite, and I've tried quite a few high and low end ones. Only downside is the consistency is a little wet for my taste...somewhat difficult to get onto the brush, but applies fine. Note to amber/brown eyes girls: Miami's ink really makes your eyes pop! i love the contrast!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by DizzyNicky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found out that Maybelline was not a cruelty free brand and was pretty bummed because I love their studio gel eye liner and so I needed to find a replacement. I tried Elf, Wet 'n Wild and a few other brands, nothing was as good. I was placing an order from Ulta and stumbled on to this brand and for the price I thought why not give it a shot, it's only $3.50! It's amazing, so dark and pigmented and glides on. If you wear winged eyeliner you need to give this a try. It goes on so smoothly, it doesn't set right away so you can manipulate the product at first, so be careful not to smear it. Then it sets and it stays put all day. You'll need a good makeup remover to take it off. Which I don't mind, I want my eye liner to stay put. I have sensitive eyes and this product does not bother them at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 8:44:00 AM More reviews by korrok

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Now I've never used any other brand of gel liner, so it's impossible for me to compare this to other brands! But as my first try of gel, it's very decent. I purchased it in "London Baby" (brown) and am very happy with the staying power. It lasts all day on the upper lid without any issues at all. It's very almost as good as my HG liquid liner (Barry M), just a little less convinient since it requires a seperate brush! I'll definitely try it in some other colours.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 8:52:00 AM More reviews by snoopydood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I cant believe how smooth, creamy, long lasting, lovely color pigmentation or ridiculously cheap this beautiful product is =)
I recommend it to everyone who is looking for a soft, chic liner and doesn't cost them so much
I got this in "London baby" which is the taupe brown, and in "Berlin Rocks" which is dark plum. They're both awesome colors and I use them with the Gel Liner brush that is made by Essence too! amazing tool

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2012 8:42:00 AM More reviews by ceew21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I first bought essence lippie and really like it, so when I saw the reviews for the gel liner I figured I would try it out. It is really easy to apply, however I prefer a sharper line like my liquid eyeliner. This did stay pretty long but the line is almost like a soft powder even when I did put a primer on my lid. For a soft look though I would def. get it again.