November 28, 2014 | 1694 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by SwiftHarpel

When I heard all the positive comments and recommendations, I couldn't wait to give this foundation a try! I was looking for something light and fresh to brighten up my skin, so I did my research and this ticked all the boxes. I've used Bourjois foundations before, I love the eyeshadows, lipglosses, blushers - so in my experience all products offered by this range were great..... Which was why I was so shocked at how this reacted on my skin! It went on like a dream, looked flawless and radiant but about after four hours wear my face felt a bit itchy. The itchyness continued throughout the day, nothing serious but noticeable. When I got home, I gently cleansed my face as usual and found my skin to be very pink where I had applied it. The redness literally looked like a mask on my face, where I'd stopped blending it up around the hairline. This reaction took a couple of days to subside, I patch-tested this foundation again to be sure it was causing the reaction and my skin went red again wherever I put it. I wouldn't describe my skin as really sensitive, never had a reaction like this before - so I put it down to the added 'fruit extracts'. To make things worse, I used the matching Healthy Mix concealer under my eyes over the week and while I loved it (texture, coverage, colour), my eye area got really red and sore too. I was really disapointed and had to throw it away, so I would advise others to use samples before buying if possible just to be safe.
This is my only bad experience of using a Bourjois foundation - I have since bought the 123 Foundation and find it fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by lara90

I bought this product rather than the regular Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation because I had heard that this was more suitable for dry skin. Mine is combination, and I don´t think it works very well with dry spots. However I love the finish of it, if I can avoid flakyness around my nose where I tend to dry a lot. It rubs off a bit too easily for my taste, but I think it stays on very well if you keep your hands off. I want to try the foundation, but I think I would buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

Compared to the regular Healthy Mix, this is a bit lighter in coverage (can be built to a good medium without being cakey) and a bit more dewy. I'd think it's a bit better for dry skins. My skin is combination and it gives a beautiful natural finish for me, but I do need to powder my T-zone. Lasts well through the day.
I'm shade 51 and it matches my NC15 skin perfectly, which is great because most drugstore foundations are off shades for me, and high end are often too dark or pink as well.
This is a great everyday foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Pinklady1984

Just bought this today and tried it for the first time. I have to say I'm impressed! I bought it as I wanted a lighter more natural foundation after using Clarins everlasting all winter. It's exactly what I wanted, beautiful consistency, gives a lovely look to the skin and feels light and natural. I have a few blemishes at the moment so I'm having to use concealer along side it, but hopefully when my skin improves I will be able to use this on its own. It's not buildable but that's not what I wanted in this foundation. For me it's the perfect spring/summer base.
I have an oily t zone and dry cheeks and this seems to cope with both well. I use a little powder over the t zone and leave the cheeks bare and it gives a really subtle semi matte natural look.
Overall really happy with my purchase

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by SC2493

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I am NC37-40 and #56 matches me perfectly. It feels like my own skin. Goes on light, feels light, and looks like actual skin once applied. It has a faint fruity smell that is very pleasant. Comes with a convenient pump which is hygienic. This is my HG foundation. Plus it's cruelty-free! Will re-purchase again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Abrazilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very good for sensitive skin,,,i love it

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by anangelsparkle

At first I bought this foundation in shade 56 which came out to be to dark for me. After researching which shade would be a better match for me, I came accross many reviews of women who are NC30 from MAC like myself. And they claimed that shade 53 was an exact match for them. So I took the plunge and got myself shade 53. And surprise, surprise...its a PERFECT match!! Its the first time EVER with a drugstore foundation!!
I love, LOVE this foundation! It goes on lovely and smooth and the finish is very natural. it has semi-matte finish with very light coverage. I have comb/oily skin so I need a primer and powder. However, I do this with every foundation I own. The moisturiser i use is very light aswell so it doesnt disturb the foundation throughout the day. Cause if you have the same skin type as me, and you use a heavy moisturiser, this will slide off your face and make you very shiny, if not oily! Overall, I love it and would really recomend. Its better than many high end foundations.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by kaykre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm so impressed with this foundation! It's hard to get in the US so I ordered from Asos, it's around $20 which is a total steal compared to most foundations. I range from NC15 to NC35 and ordered 51 and 53.

51 is a light, soft yellow shade. It's around NC15 and is a perfect match for me in the winter. I'm more olive than yellow so the soft yellow tone works well for me. 53 is a medium, neutral than leans slightly warm and matches well when I am NC30ish. I mix them as needed to get a match.

This foundation is lightweight and fluid. I'd say its medium coverage. It's lasts all day on my combo oily skin when set with powder and doesn't oxidize, separate, etc. On me, the finish is satin and then turns slightly dewy. It is a BEAUTIFUL foundation. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by veroespinosa88

I love this foundation!! It doesnt break me out and It feels super light on my skin. Also it is the only foudnation I can wear without powder! I wear it for around 6 hours without looking too oily. It had a natural look not too mate and not glowy it actually looks like skin! And the color beige matches me perfectly! I also like the smell a lot!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Bubbles1985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have mainly dry skin, with an oily nose-area.
If I don't exfoliate regularly, my skin tends to look quite dull and "blah".
This foundation instantly brightens and makes the skin look quite dewy. One of the very few foundations that don't accentuate dry areas. The coverage is medium - I use a pump and a half for the whole face. That's enough to cover up the redness I have and an occasional blemish and it still looks natural. I would definately recomend this foundation for everyone who has dry/dehydrated skin.

Application: My favorite way to apply this is with my fingers. Brushes and sponges tend to exfoliate my skin and make the foundation mix with dead skincells and accentuate dry patches. I find applying foundation with my (clean) fingers the best method in general for dry skin.

It's not suitable for oily skin at all. My oily nose-area definately needs a mattifying setting powder with this foundation.

One of my favorite foundations.